22nd Jan, 2008: Michael Jackson News and Mentionings [wyclef jean awaiting payment?]

Again, we don't really know how or when the claim was made in the first place. Perhaps all means of communication have been exhausted? It occurs to me that Wyclef might have chosen not to sue out of consideration for Michael, which is something we ought to appreciate. The bottom line is, we don't know and should not jump to the conclusion that he's lying and start calling him various derogatory names. That is exactly how Michael is treated all the time. It doesn't get any more ok just because it's directed at somebody else.

Sadly, some DID suggest that Wyclef should be so honored that he got to work with Michael that he doesn't deserve to get paid :mello:.
The people who go in the studio with MJ don't just go there because they want to work with him. They go there to LEARN from the master too., Many of them have sais so. MJ doesn't charge them for his professionalism, so yes, they should be honoured to do so. Their are many that are queing up and waiting for that call from MJ. Wye is just sour because his project was never used. MJ doesn't pay for work that hasn't been used,That is how the music industry is run. Producers are payed royalties from album sales. If your work was not used there is no royalty to be had. Wye knows that. He is no fool.:cool:

Last edited:
Again, we don't really know how or when the claim was made in the first place. Perhaps all means of communication have been exhausted? It occurs to me that Wyclef might have chosen not to sue out of consideration for Michael, which is something we ought to appreciate. The bottom line is, we don't know and should not jump to the conclusion that he's lying and start calling him various derogatory names. That is exactly how Michael is treated all the time. It doesn't get any more ok just because it's directed at somebody else.

Sadly, some DID suggest that Wyclef should be so honored that he got to work with Michael that he doesn't deserve to get paid :mello:.

true.. we don't really know.. and we are ALL making assumptions..

the bottom line for me.. Its old news.. and I am moving on>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
well, the problem I have is how Wyclef made the claim and the length of time.. I don't care who it is.. ...as a business man.. he should have done it more professionally... and Wyclef .. need to hand over the thousands of $$ he made off Bob Marley while he is at it..

there is no "mind-less' sheeps here .. but there is a way to conduct things... and saying certains things into the camera.. putting peeps business in the streets.. just becuz u are asked certain questions is..not right... i don't care who u are

if Michael did that to anyone who OWED him.. or hurt him .. the criticisms would me coming like rapid fire...

I don't think anyone is saying the man shouldn't be paid for work done.. if thats the deal.. but the way he is asking for it.. leaves a bad taste...

and since we are on a MJ fan board.. I can understand why the majority...of the posters come to MJ 's defense.. its like family around here...

Yeah I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call you guys mindless sheep, I meant that some fans can act like that, which I think you all can agree.
And yeah I can understand why the majority comes to MJ's defense, but all I was saying that we just should remember that not all people who accuse Michael of something is lying.

If you are not going to side with Michael, then how about siding with logic. Logic tells me that an astute business man doesn't go on tv and tells the world that he doesn't get payed. Instead he calls his lawyer and starts legal proceedings to get his money.
Logic tells me tht if you have NO CLAIM, but are looking for attention, either from the press or from the accused then you might go on tv and make claims.
Logic tells me that if you are sell employed and have a product to sell and the client tries it out and rejects it, you cannot make claims for payment when your product was not used.
Logic tells me that if you are jealous or envious or are trying to start something then you might want to make claims that you never considered for more than 10 years.
Logic tells me that MJ was not responsible for the use of the mans technology and therefore he cannot be held responsible for it. Sony pays the piper.
Logic also tells me that some MJ fans are all too ready to blame MJ for every claim that is made against him without knowing all the details. Wyecliff is an honerable man, That is why he has used the media instead of the courts. Ever heard of trying a case in the media? WHY Cliff?

As you guys came to, we don't know the facts, and that's the bottom line.

So, yeah, let's move on :flowers:

Wyclef is gonna be like Ola Ray when she realized that she was wrong to assume that MJ owe her money. Just you wait.

If this issue was that serious to Wyclef, he needs to tell MJ that personally. Not air it in the media. BTW, Wyclef is making money, he tours and has a hit song (that is kinda wack) on the radio. So, I do not get the whole "Wyclef needs money" theory.

MJ does not owe this guy anything. If anything, Wyclef owes MJ an damn apology.

None of us know anything, so instead stirring things, we should wait and see what happens...

Back