A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

That`s a contradicing statement. A success from APWNN-single would help to boost the ablum-sales. Ohterwise this will not happen and sales will decreasing further.
The sucsess form the LNFSG-Single so far had a big impact for the googd album-sales.

I agree that a succes from APWNN will help boost the album sales. But what I'm trying to say is that they don't put priority on single (sales). XSCAPE already was big cash. Why try to overtop success with success? If Michael was here I know definitely that he would have done much more bigger things. He would overtop his succes with double success.

I agree that a succes from APWNN will help boost the album sales. But what I'm trying to say is that they don't put priority on single (sales). XSCAPE already was big cash. Why try to overtop success with success? If Michael was here I know definitely that he would have done much more bigger things. He would overtop his succes with double success.

IF there will be a success indeed. But not releasing a physical single (anytime soon) or an iTunes EP and trying to chart only with the views of a video that is poorly done (yes, I said it, that's my opinion), missing the momentum and losing a lot of views (premiere) streaming a video on Twitter and not using any kind of other promotion is BAD (no punn intended).

ES and DD charted on iTunes after SYTYCD, but APWNN is no where to be seen. This will be a huge MISS unless they do something about it soon.

I'm sorry everybody, but this is just how things are with the second single. It was their chance to continue the success of LNFSG, but they didn't. XSCAPE v2 or a third single are just useless now.

I don't know whether the YT comments section is customized or not but I keep seeing more Estate exploiting MJ and the haters comments. Not a pretty sight there. There are some good comments too but they are hardly visible.

its the new youtube settings, where the most liked, or commented posts are visible first unless u change it to "new first". But seriously someone should start to take care of the comment section. This is their own channel and they can control whats being posted there. Its shame to see all that negative stuff first.

its the new youtube settings, where the most liked, or commented posts are visible first unless u change it to "new first". But seriously someone should start to take care of the comment section. This is their own channel and they can control whats being posted there. Its shame to see all that negative stuff first.

And part of of negative stuff is actually from fans ...

Did the Cirque video premiere?

It is unfortunate because it seems the focus was on the premiere of the video. Grand as that was for creating buzz, the Twitter views did not count for charting and the video simply was not good enough for repeated views. That is now fact.

This is why Johansson was needed and this is why LNFSG was a superior tribute video. The unseen footage from ITC was not enough because it is not necessarily distinct. Most viewers do not even notice they are seeing different dance moves from what they saw in ITC because the moves in APWNN were on the cutting room floor for a reason.

I am unsure which executive makes these decisions but, it is similar to Bad25 errors. I understand creating the buzz for the video however; buzz for a subpar video is not enough to support a second single needed to sustain Xscape. That should have been realized during promotional budget discussions before Xscape was released.

Estate/Sony: save APWNN by releasing alternate versions ASAP. As Stargate themselves stated the acapella is what drove them, an acapella version should be one of those alternates.

That is a good thing. If the criticism is constructive, it helps Estate/Sony to learn what mistakes not to repeat for future releases.

The video is really struggling now, especially for a new release. Only 1.78M views which is a marginal increase from yesterday. :(

If this song fails, I really think they will load the next album with mostly duets which is really unfortunate. They need to do more to promote the solos also. HT was a huge miss and APWNN is really under performing due to a half-assed promotion IMO. This is a great song and deserves so much more than this

I disagree. A lot of those "fans" are not actual fans but boycotters and masked haters. I bet that those people didn't even bought Xscape. So no, those people are not MJ fans. They are label and lawyer obsessed fanatics.

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

If "some of the general public" would try to call it a "rip off" they would be clearly wrong. Reworking a song is not a "rip off" either. "Ripping off" a song means you steal it. "Ripping off" a song is when you use a song or a part of it and fail to give credit to its original writers. "Ripping off" this song would be Michael acting like he wrote it without giving credit to America. Michael did not do any such thing, so I do not see the problem at all.

Just read several different posts on YouTube from people who say the song is a "rip-off" from America. And this is for the updated version of the song. You can only imagine what they would say about the original version with the guitar section. Although these people are apparently not aware of the full story and America's support of this song, this is exactly what I feared in my posts regarding this issue.

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Just read several different posts on YouTube from people who say the song is a "rip-off" from America. And this is for the updated version of the song. You can only imagine what they would say about the original version with the guitar section. Although these people are apparently not aware of the full story and America's support of this song, this is exactly what I feared in my posts regarding this issue.

Their reaction is just the same as the MJ fans when people sample his songs. Call them rip-offs, unoriginal, etc.

I never seen a cover/remake/sample of MJ where MJ fans said it's good tbh.

Maybe the song will do better when they release the duet version next week on iTunes. Lol!

The video is really struggling now, especially for a new release. Only 1.78M views which is a marginal increase from yesterday. :(

chill people. have u seen how is new Lana Del Rey video doing ?

About the comment section, i mean comments like "pedophile", about his skin and i dont know what should be removed. Has nothing to do with the music or the video.

I do hope they have promo planned for APWNN, but some of you seem to want it all to happen in one day. The song was just relesed, isn't it early to start the drama?

Maybe they have something planned for the VMAs, who knows? I hope they do, because it would be a missed opportunity.

Since the song doesn't have a CC deal and a young artist attached, they need to find other ways to bring exposure. Like putting it in a commercial or even a movie soundtrack. They also need to use the awards shows to promote it in some way.

However they can't control the airplay unfortunately, so there's not much they can do there. And unfortunately airplay really is the best promotion if you want the song and album to have legs. All the other stuff can have an effect for a day or two, but not much without airplay IMO.

Btw, what's up with folks wanting Scarlett Johansson in the video? Isn't she about to give birth? I doubt she woulda been filming anything right now.

APWNN_cover.JPG

They are not releasing a separate single. If you want the single ,
you need to download it from the album on iTunes or Amazon

Why would they release a separate single when the album version is available? They don't keep multiple singles on iTunes, once the album version becomes available, the others get deleted (which happened to LNFSG).

Btw, what's up with folks wanting Scarlett Johansson in the video? Isn't she about to give birth? I doubt she woulda been filming anything right now.

Oh, I did not know that.

I believe APWNN should have been a narrative video with well-known actors and director and others have said the same. Another poster asked who would others like to see in the video and I said Johansson. Another said DiCaprio. Such a video would have been streamed more heavily than what we currently have.

I will at least give credit for casting as the dancer is beautiful and aligns with the female-lead casting Michael had in his short films.

I do not believe anyone knew the release of the second single was restricted to the release of a video only. Airplay and alternate versions (remixes) were expected as with LNFSG.

If more is to come, we shall see. If not, it is truly unfortunate.

Last edited:
Cirque's video is delayed. Sorry. I'm checking with my sources.

Did the Cirque video premiere?

It is unfortunate because it seems the focus was on the premiere of the video. Grand as that was for creating buzz, the Twitter views did not count for charting and the video simply was not good enough for repeated views. That is now fact.

This is why Johansson was needed and this is why LNFSG was a superior tribute video. The unseen footage from ITC was not enough because it is not necessarily distinct. Most viewers do not even notice they are seeing different dance moves from what they saw in ITC because the moves in APWNN were on the cutting room floor for a reason.

I am unsure which executive makes these decisions but, it is similar to Bad25 errors. I understand creating the buzz for the video however; buzz for a subpar video is not enough to support a second single needed to sustain Xscape. That should have been realized during promotional budget discussions before Xscape was released.

Estate/Sony: save APWNN by releasing alternate versions ASAP. As Stargate themselves stated the acapella is what drove them, an acapella version should be one of those alternates.

That is a good thing. If the criticism is constructive, it helps Estate/Sony to learn what mistakes not to repeat for future releases.

I would pass out if a acapella version was released *_*

Don't give up people. It's JUST released. By the way, for me the chart success of the album was an unexpected pleasant journey. I am happy with the album and it's success. As if he is still with us.

I applaud the estate en sony for all their efforts, they deserve some kind of awards, because this time everything was done with love and care.

I am not worrying if APWNN won't chart of has a low number of YT views. The success this project has so far, is off the charts!!

Michael, we love you.

But why do you "fear" stupid and ignorant people? Why do you let them dictate what you think? And do you know how full of stupidity and ignorance are YT comment sections? Not just for MJ videos but generally? So that should dictate our actions now? A fear of stupid and ignorant people who misunderstand the whole situation? People who troll and people who keep asking stupid questions like "how is this possible when he's dead?"

America themselves are promoting the song: https://twitter.com/americaband A rip-off it is NOT and won't become one just because a couple of YT trolls ignorantly call it that.

Last edited:

Their reaction is just the same as the MJ fans when people sample his songs. Call them rip-offs, unoriginal, etc.

Really? There are a lot of covers/remakes/samles of MJ songs which were generally received well by MJ fans. Of course, you will never have universal praise for anything, simply because people are different with different tastes, but I don't feel it's true that covers/remakes/samles of MJ songs are never received well by MJ fans.

chill people. have u seen how is new Lana Del Rey video doing ?

About the comment section, i mean comments like "pedophile", about his skin and i dont know what should be removed. Has nothing to do with the music or the video.
Someone wrote: "this **gga wanted to be white". Sometimes i wanna slap those people in the face for their stupidity.

Last edited:

I think fans should ignore the trolls because if they keep replying to them that will only result in theirs becoming the most commented posts and thus ending up at the top of the page. Which is what is happening in the comment section of this song. A sad sight indeed.

I really hope that the trolls and haters go through what Michael went through. Only then they will understand that Michael went through injustice and was held for a lunatic for no reason.

I really hope that the haters get vitiligo and that they get falsely accused of child molestation. I really can't believe how ignorant and ****ing dumb some people are...

Tygger;4037541 said:

Or they give defective impression to the general public !!! IMO, MJ has enough haters to criticize and if fans want to express constructive criticism – tweet to MJ online team or write to the Estate, there are ways to. See no point in bashing everything.

Good Life (Kanye West)...

Back