A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Personally I think the latter would have been a great idea. Throw them out there only a month apart. Michael doesn't have the advantage of being on award shows or talk shows.
I'd even want them to buy more jeep commercial time with Michael's voice turned up a little.

Honestly? I think Sony isn't invested in it. They're doing enough to get by and thats pretty much all it is. Sure if the fans were running the show - we have all these ideas to keep the momentum going but I just honestly don't think the record company is invested enough to go further than they need to in order to generate money. They did that, and so thats as far as it goes.

Prob so. That's why I was wishing they had pushed STTR right after LNFSG. Month apart. 16 days. Whatever just go for it.

Kyla @charlieinthebox · 22. Sep.

I feel like I have to buy a Jeep. All the MJ is working.

MistaCal @40CalCuttah · 19 h.

I like that the Jeep commercials are using Michael Jackson's new album. I think its a damn good album

Brian @brianmcnulty11 · 17 h.

This Jeep song has me poppin'. And lockin'.

Jeep ad must be in heavy rotation on telly:clapping:
This is just a random tweet
Brian Dailey ?@BDailey223 6h
Is that Michael Jackson singing in that unavoidable #Jeep commercial? I hear it at least 5 times a day.

I hope that ad makes people buy more Xscape albums than they buy Jeeps:D

The commercial should be little longer or MJ's vocals little louder and name of the song and album should be written on the screen, like it was was LNFSG. Or they can make a deal with Shazam and put Shazam sign on the commercial.

Nimue ?@Nimue9 31 Min.

#MJAPWNN Take me to A Place With No Name #BRNoName

BynXH26IAAATqLE.jpg

You guys have to realise that not many people have 2nd or 3rd hit singles from albums nowadays. There are some exceptions out there from the biggest current artists like Ed Sheeran, Rhianna (yawn) and Beyoncé.

But not even Gaga had more than one hit off her last album.

It's not the 80s or 90s anymore where you could have 4,5,6 hits in succession.

Tony R;4046277 said:
You guys have to realise that not many people have 2nd or 3rd hit singles from albums nowadays. There are some exceptions out there from the biggest current artists like Ed Sheeran, Rhianna (yawn) and Beyoncé.

But not even Gaga had more than one hit off her last album.

It's not the 80s or 90s anymore where you could have 4,5,6 hits in succession.

We are not talking about number one singles. But APWNN was a complete flop in US. Top 40 or even Top 100 hit is possible.

We are not talking about number one singles. But APWNN was a complete flop in US. Top 40 or even Top 100 hit is possible.

Agree it should have broken Top 100 at least, but it's not unheard of. Dare I mention Madonna who's last album went to Number One but only had one single in the Top 100. The two follow ups didn't make it.

I think well established artists' fans tend to buy the albums only. I must admit, I haven't bought APWNN. If I could get the physical single or even download alternate versions I would have, but I can't.

Such a shame as this song and version is one of my favourites of all time... :(

Ehhh using gaga's latest effort as an example should not count IMO. Lol

Also there are plenty of artists, especially pop artists who have more than one hit single now adays. And even if it's rare - I think MJ , out of anyone should be able to have that achievement if there was more effort put into the single.

Just saw the single cover art for the new single.....track 3 is STTR.
Does anyone kows if its a New mix or the same from album?
Been busy lately so hvent had time checking here or other Places for the info

Elizabeth @StatenStories · 17 h.

A Place with No Name is # 6 on BBC Radio Top 10 A List !! http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/playlist #MJAPWNN

Elizabeth @StatenStories · h.

There are at least 2 versions of the Fall 2014 Jeep Cherokee Commercial APWNN Here is the 2nd :
[video=youtube;LTzLbYZlHck]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTzLbYZlHck#t=38[/video]

DJtzona. @tendaizona · 28. Sep.

Michael Jackson - Place with no name. Great new music. #goodmusic. #Xscape.

just saw this...

MJJJusticeProject @MJJJusticePrjct · 4 h.

Toyota vying w Jeep's A Place With No Name using original Horse with No Name - Competition is fierce eh? [video=youtube;W3Ock2MQ9LE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3Ock2MQ9LE[/video]

WE ARE ONE @210lauramary · 17h ago

#MJAPWN #USANONAME Our love will truly be forever #MJfam because #KING Michael Jackson lives forever. ♡

By1BAsVIAAAkF9o.jpg

By4RJmhIIAArIIb.jpg:large

I will order APWNN single physical version too.

My CD Single just arrived in the mail! Looks beautiful. Now I'm gonna play it, hope it sounds beautiful too.

does any body know when michael jackson ,com store gonna mail out the single cd . seems like ive beeen waiting forever. anybody get theres yet

Great D.amien S.hields article on how Estate/Sony's handling of APWNN resulted in its failure as a single.

FYI, you can find the working link on Google for anyone who is interested. Fully agree with the article. In addition to the points that were raised, the radio "promotion" was a joke. First, they only released the song to urban AC stations and have done absolutely nothing to encourage airplay. This is pop song which should have been released to all formats and promoted like crazy in the first days. Aside from the radio issues, the video was also mediocre and did not encourage repeat viewings or great word of mouth. The handling of this song release was a complete disaster from top to bottom

Donalb, indeed. I enjoyed the comparisons he made between Michael's Twitter audience and Facebook audience which begged the question if the premiere on Twitter was well-thought out or just a nice headline.

Back