A quote from Leonard Bernstein on Michael

Thanks for those quotes maxxx. Great stuff.

Thank you vanesa.

I've foud the other quotes I want to put up, it'll just take me a little while.[/b]
appreciate that wannabe,

Carl Thomas: MJ back in the 80's there was Michael and then there was Michael,nobody was bigger.

Jay Z: i told my mom that i was on Michael Jackson's you rock my world re-mix, i said Mom i guess i made it. that is Michael Jackson. your boy did good.

Chris Tucker:Michael Jackson is the Greatest Ever,Entertainer,etc..

Madonna: as a Kid I wanted to be Michael Jackson.

Anjolie Jolie:huge MJ fan as a Kid,bought the Thriller jacket and Beat it jacket.

Kurt Cobain:Huge MJ fan and he use to draw pictures of Michael,

Vivica A Fox: huge fan of the off the wall album and loved Rock with you.

Thanks for those quotes maxxx. Great stuff.

Thank you vanesa.

I've foud the other quotes I want to put up, it'll just take me a little while.[/b]
appreciate that wannabe,

Carl Thomas: MJ back in the 80's there was Michael and then there was Michael,nobody was bigger.

Jay Z: i told my mom that i was on Michael Jackson's you rock my world re-mix, i said Mom i guess i made it. that is Michael Jackson. your boy did good.

Chris Tucker:Michael Jackson is the Greatest Ever,Entertainer,etc..

Madonna: as a Kid I wanted to be Michael Jackson.

Anjolie Jolie:huge MJ fan as a Kid,bought the Thriller jacket and Beat it jacket.

Kurt Cobain:Huge MJ fan and he use to draw pictures of Michael,

Vivica A Fox: huge fan of the off the wall album and loved Rock with you.

Wannabestartinsomethin, you put in paper exactly what MJ is all about, and as i said before, some people level of taste on knowledgment in the arts are mediocre, or unexistent, so i said to everyone that MJ is greatest artist that God has created.[/b]

I totally agree. The man is incredible. I am sometimes amazed that one person can even be that talented. I don't care what anyone says, for me Michael is the greatest entertainer there was, there is or there ever will be.

Wannabestartinsomethin, you put in paper exactly what MJ is all about, and as i said before, some people level of taste on knowledgment in the arts are mediocre, or unexistent, so i said to everyone that MJ is greatest artist that God has created.[/b]

I totally agree. The man is incredible. I am sometimes amazed that one person can even be that talented. I don't care what anyone says, for me Michael is the greatest entertainer there was, there is or there ever will be.

Here's more guys. And thanks again to maxxx for the rest of the quotes and summarys. Michael truly is the greatest.

"This guy is Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, you know, I mean, he's that good."

- John Landis on Michael Jackson

"Michael is one of the most amazingly gifted performers that I've ever worked with."

- Slash on Michael Jackson

"Michael is, probably, a musical genius in every sense, he's a complete artist. 50% of Michael's genius is because of his ability to interpret the music through his body."

- Nile Rodgers on Michael Jackson

"If you watch him carefully, you'll see that, other then, when he's doing more kind of street dances type stuff... there's nothing technical about what he's doing, and he's brilliant. Every dancer moves when they watch Michael move. He makes everybody who can't dance feel, the dancer in themselves, um, because it comes from a heart and soul, he just has the soul of a dancer."

- Smith Wordes (choreographer/dancer) on Michael Jackson

"He went from being in the midst of all these trained, schooled dancers, looking fabulous, to, you know, taking the spotlight in front of all these street dancers and really he just, I think he learned his step from them just like his step from us. I spent all those years training, and I would watch some of these guy's, and Michael started to be able to do it all too, just like, like that (snaps fingers). He, he was like, poplockin' and all this stuff and it was like, 'Where did you learn how to do that?!'."

- Smith Wordes on Michael Jackson

"As I think back to all the musicians I've done music videos for, I cannot think of anybody that has had that electrifying a presence when they kick in."

- Nick Brandt (film director and director of the "Earth Song" video) on Michael Jackson

"The most interesting time for me was on "Earth Song" when, I had a bunch of very cynical, jaded New Yorker's for crew, the part of the shoot that he was there, and they were just 'auh, Michael Jackson, dadadadada'. But then, when he started singing, at the end of that song, and he's just, screaming out the vocals, you could, you could just see, you just look around and everybody had stopped in their tracks and was watching him, riveted. And he'd only give you like one take from each angel because he was being blasted by, you know, these wind machines and, stuff was flying in his eyes and, just, I mean it was really hard. I mean it was just firing dust and leaves and, all matter of stuff, into his face, and everybody was just electrified. And he completely turned everybody around."

- Nick Brandt on Michael Jackson

"Michael could stand and, and talk to you, and you'd think he wasn't paying attention to you, because he's working' out moves while he's talking to you, doing spins and, and, you know. And your talking to him about, 'Okay Mike, we gotta get to the limo at 5:15 and, uh, and we, you know, sound checks at 7:00. Michael, are you paying attention?' 'Yeah, I hear you, 5:15 limo' and he's doing, he's, he's constantly thinking about what he's gonna be doing, or creating things in his head, all the time."

- Sam Brown III on Michael Jackson

"You know how you see the fans in the films of Michael in the audience? They're like fainting and they're crying and... It, I have to tell you that, when he started dancing and your, and performing, and your only like 12 feet away from him or 10 feet away from him, I got like, chills, I, I was like, literally like, 'Oh my God!'. You, you feel like your watching some sort of, magic trick or something supernatural. I've seen a lot of people perform and I didn't have that reaction. If your in, within the energy field of what, him when he's doing it, it's pretty amazing. I realized that, you know, it was my responsibility to try to capture as much of that excitement that I was experiencing tangibly. Try to get it through that lens and onto the film somehow."

- Mark Romanek (film director and director of the "Scream" video) on Michael Jackson

Here's more guys. And thanks again to maxxx for the rest of the quotes and summarys. Michael truly is the greatest.

"This guy is Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, you know, I mean, he's that good."

- John Landis on Michael Jackson

"Michael is one of the most amazingly gifted performers that I've ever worked with."

- Slash on Michael Jackson

"Michael is, probably, a musical genius in every sense, he's a complete artist. 50% of Michael's genius is because of his ability to interpret the music through his body."

- Nile Rodgers on Michael Jackson

"If you watch him carefully, you'll see that, other then, when he's doing more kind of street dances type stuff... there's nothing technical about what he's doing, and he's brilliant. Every dancer moves when they watch Michael move. He makes everybody who can't dance feel, the dancer in themselves, um, because it comes from a heart and soul, he just has the soul of a dancer."

- Smith Wordes (choreographer/dancer) on Michael Jackson

"He went from being in the midst of all these trained, schooled dancers, looking fabulous, to, you know, taking the spotlight in front of all these street dancers and really he just, I think he learned his step from them just like his step from us. I spent all those years training, and I would watch some of these guy's, and Michael started to be able to do it all too, just like, like that (snaps fingers). He, he was like, poplockin' and all this stuff and it was like, 'Where did you learn how to do that?!'."

- Smith Wordes on Michael Jackson

"As I think back to all the musicians I've done music videos for, I cannot think of anybody that has had that electrifying a presence when they kick in."

- Nick Brandt (film director and director of the "Earth Song" video) on Michael Jackson

"The most interesting time for me was on "Earth Song" when, I had a bunch of very cynical, jaded New Yorker's for crew, the part of the shoot that he was there, and they were just 'auh, Michael Jackson, dadadadada'. But then, when he started singing, at the end of that song, and he's just, screaming out the vocals, you could, you could just see, you just look around and everybody had stopped in their tracks and was watching him, riveted. And he'd only give you like one take from each angel because he was being blasted by, you know, these wind machines and, stuff was flying in his eyes and, just, I mean it was really hard. I mean it was just firing dust and leaves and, all matter of stuff, into his face, and everybody was just electrified. And he completely turned everybody around."

- Nick Brandt on Michael Jackson

"Michael could stand and, and talk to you, and you'd think he wasn't paying attention to you, because he's working' out moves while he's talking to you, doing spins and, and, you know. And your talking to him about, 'Okay Mike, we gotta get to the limo at 5:15 and, uh, and we, you know, sound checks at 7:00. Michael, are you paying attention?' 'Yeah, I hear you, 5:15 limo' and he's doing, he's, he's constantly thinking about what he's gonna be doing, or creating things in his head, all the time."

- Sam Brown III on Michael Jackson

"You know how you see the fans in the films of Michael in the audience? They're like fainting and they're crying and... It, I have to tell you that, when he started dancing and your, and performing, and your only like 12 feet away from him or 10 feet away from him, I got like, chills, I, I was like, literally like, 'Oh my God!'. You, you feel like your watching some sort of, magic trick or something supernatural. I've seen a lot of people perform and I didn't have that reaction. If your in, within the energy field of what, him when he's doing it, it's pretty amazing. I realized that, you know, it was my responsibility to try to capture as much of that excitement that I was experiencing tangibly. Try to get it through that lens and onto the film somehow."

- Mark Romanek (film director and director of the "Scream" video) on Michael Jackson

Teddy Pendergrass said he was One of a Kind. the Kind of artist that comes once along every 20-40 years.[/b]
I havent seen any artist that is at his level now that 40 years has passed.

great thread. love it!

Teddy Pendergrass said he was One of a Kind. the Kind of artist that comes once along every 20-40 years.[/b]
I havent seen any artist that is at his level now that 40 years has passed.

great thread. love it!

Thanks to you Wannabestartin'somethin' for all this great information, they just confirm my theoty of Michael Jackson as the Greatest artist that has hit this planet. :flowers:

Thanks to you Wannabestartin'somethin' for all this great information, they just confirm my theoty of Michael Jackson as the Greatest artist that has hit this planet. :flowers:[/b]

Yup! And this is a great thread indeed :flowers:.

I got something to add. It is a quote from another musician but it is kinda weird. Weird in an interesting, thought-provoking way.

Leh me go and dig it up.

I love these threads. Wannabe I collected loads of quotes and names of artists who were fans over the years. If I find them I will post them.

There are members of a lot of indie rock bands who are big fans of MJ. A friend of mine heard one of them recently talking on the radio. Now I can't remember the names but there are fans in Kasabian and Razor Light.

A lot of them have grown up with Michael and are huge fans of his and what I love the most about the rockers they will shout it the loudest, they don't give a crap about the media.

First off found two quotes made by backstabbers

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach - Around March 2000

In the front of his book titled "Dating Secrets of the Ten Commandments," Boteach wrote the following dedication:

"To Michael, who taught me of humility."

Cough*****Splutter

And I also thought I would just post these two articles from 1993 which feature an interview with Bob Jones about Michael:

BOB JONES: The Man Who Stands Firmly Behind the Man in the Mirror

Los Angeles Sentinel - 2nd September, 1993

By CAROLYN BINGHAM

Entertainment Editor

Do you believe in prophecy? I do. Now more than ever. Everyone is party to the fate that has befallen the legendary Michael Jackson recently, but no one, but perhaps Michael himself, feels it more than Bob Jones,vice president, MJJ Productions, Michael's right arm.

This didn't start out to be a piece in defense of the famous pop icon, nor when the interview was taped, were either Bob Jones or myself aware of the charges that would soon be leveled against the young superstar. We talked Wednesday, Aug. 18, three days prior to Jones accompanying Jackson on his now infamous world tour.

It started out to be a "what's he really like" piece, but in light of recent events rearing their ugly head, I felt the public had a right to know Jones' foreboding. He was a frightened man, but not in the way you'd suspect. Uncannily, although most probably, his fears were realized when he himself was least undupable. But herein lies Jones' prophetic statements which in my naïveté, I thought his anxiety unfounded. After all, how could you stop the wake of Michael Jackson. But in his wisdom, he knew the inevitable. A curse came with Michael's kind of stardom. A curse where he was damned if he did, and damned if he didn't.

In a roundabout fashion, Jones took me back to his first days on the job in Michael's camp. Prior to that he worked public relations for Motown and prior to that public relations with the famous firm of Rogers and Cowan Public Relations. "I came to work for Michael in December of 1987 and have not regretted it one bit. And I thought having worked with the Supremes, the Temptations, the Commodores, Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, the Four Tops--all of those people who were a part of the Motown stable--that I had seen it all. That I had seen everything America had to offer.

"All of a sudden, we went to the first out-of-the-country date. We went to Rome, Italy, and we played the Coliseum in Rome to 55,000 people. We did three nights at 55,000 persons per show. It was mind-boggling. I had never seen anything like this. To see zero blacks there. It was mind boggling, and to see that one black man had drawn all these people in to see this show, I was awe struck. We not only played Rome, we played touring Italy. We went to Paris, France, and the audiences kept growing, and we went to London, England, and played five nights at Wembley Football Stadium at 72,000 persons a show. All coming out to see this one black man. I saw white folks passing out and fainting and all of this sort of stuff, and I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it, and it really frightened me."

I sat perplexed in Jones' office by his diffidence, but now I see the farsightedness in his statements. "Because I'm aware and a believer in the system ... when you sit back and know that you can take the president and our mayors and our governors and put them all in a stadium together, and you can't draw 20,000 people, and to see a black man draw these kind of people, I became frightened, because I know how this system operates." Now for the prophecy.

"They are frightened. The system becomes frightened if they see a black man with this kind of power, and especially a black man that they don't have total control over.
That they have not given a white woman and who doesn't have the white babies and the monies going back into the white system. A black man who is basically clean, that they can say nothing about, who neither smokes nor drinks.

"The system is not ready to conceive of this and who ( Michael) is like a pied piper to white youth. Who if he decides to make a statement or take sides in situations, I'm sure the same system would remove. It becomes detrimental to what the system in America, in the world, is all about. Nobody but the Pope has followings like this."

We go off on another tangent, try to make him crazy. They try to do everything. The system would rather praise Elvis Presley, who we all know was a drug addict. They make every excuse in the world rather than say this man was a drug addict. He died from an OD of drugs. If they could just come back to the same sober fact. Jones feels Michael is in a league of his own, "He doesn't deteriorate his body, his health. He's a clean-liver, and if they could, I'm sure they would--well you read the press reports--they try to make him weird. They find Michael Jackson with a marijuana cigarette, forget all the other stuff, they'd destroy him.

"Anything that the system can't control, it does not allow to exist. We're not all of those who have dared challenge the system. I'm a firm believer, we live in a society that is programmed--these people are walking idiots, programmed idiots. That idiot box tells us what to buy, when to go--it's football time so come watch your television show--and the couch potato goes plop. It's amazing how man no longer uses his mind to think, and the system is aware and the system knows it. So they take advantage of it. In politics. In everything else."

Jones intimate alliance with the standout superstar follows Michael Jackson for 30 years. He was there representing James Brown, and that was during the hey day of James Brown, when he had put out such records as 'Say it Loud, I'm Black and I'm Proud,' and he was the number one black man in America. I began to work on the Motown account. Among the acts that e Jackson Five first debuted their act in Los Angeles. He worked for Rogers and Cowan Public Relations when they were handling all the Motown acts. "I worked at Rogers and Cowan and learned from some of the best. At that time Rogers and Cowan was had the James Brown account. We had a party one night for James at The Playboy Club when it was on Sunset Boulevard. It was for an artist called Randy Crawford and a group called the De Felise Trio (excuse spelling). They were recording for James Brown's sub label. "And we had a big press party at the Playboy Club which was from 6 to 9 p.m. At nine o'clock the same night, there was a party that Rogers and was also having at The Daisy Club to introduce a new group called the Jackson Five. So the people came to the party that I had for James, and then about 8:30-8:45, we shut down and everybody rushed over to The Daisy to be there for the debut of this young group that Motown was introducing. And that was the first night that I met The Jacksons and the first night that I saw them perform.

"I was still at Rogers and Cowan at the time, but I worked on The Jackson Five account also. I was covering all their interviews, etc. That was the beginning of my association with The Jacksons, and even though I was working at Rogers and Cowan, I would tour with The Jacksons when they toured on their first tour dates."

That was the introduction of a lifelong cultivation of friendship between Jones and Michael. Of the juvenile Michael, Jones states, " Michael was always a devilish little kid. He loved to play games and loved to run in your room and see what you had in there or if you had a beer or something in there because he was gonna go and tell the whole tour about it. He loved to pillow fight. He always loved animals and rodents and things like that. Actually, I don't like rats and never have, and he had pet snakes, and I don't like snakes, so he always made it a point to run me around. Rats and snakes, that was enough to get me out of that room and as far away from him as I could."

You can take sides if you chose to, and everyone has an opinion. I've met Michael, and I chose to believe the best about him. I saw his compassion and his loving kindness towards children. Yet, although I chose to believe all things, I know all things are not expedient for me. But Jones has lived with Jackson upwards of 30 years, and if there was an inkling towards misbehavior on Michael's part, he would have gleaned it, or Michael is a darn good actor at espionage.

In ending this first of a two-part story on Jones' long association with Michael, and what happens when mega-minds converge, let me end on Jones' words and Jesus' and not Michael's detractors for we'll all have to wait until the final verdict is in. And then will we even know the thing-in-itself, Jones' above statements make it abundantly clear, can we ever be really sure? Jones told me, "God has given him some kind of gift, and he ( Michael) believes in sharing that gift. And he realizes that there is something that God has given him that is special, and that is the reason he does and shares with the kids and the youth the way he does." Truth. God knows. Michael has always let his moderation be known to all men.
And in the immortal words of Jesus, "Let he who is without sin among you, cast the first stone."

PART 2

One would assume creating a legacy for the eminent Michael Jackson is one easy task. Just sit back and let Michael do his thing. Not so, says Bob Jones, vice president, Communications and Media Relations, MJJ Productions, whose job it is to never let the superstar's name die in the embers of oblivion, as has been the fate of many that have gone before him.

Bob Jones is mighty in battle for that cause, just as dynamic at what he does as Michael is potent in his performances and songs.

Jones as a dynamo, helps Michael, the diplomat, deal with the rigors of superstardom, while keeping Michael's name going long after the superstar has ceased and deceased. It is Michael who makes the headlines, but Bob Jones who manufactures them.

Jones says, "There is an important factor that Michael feels. Michael has studied and read about all the legendary performers. He studied their mistakes, and he knows one thing, that if we don't create a legacy, there will never be one for us. "Because until Natalie sang 'Unforgettable,' Nat Cole was forgotten. Sammy Davis--it's only been four years--and you don't hear anything. Sammy was the greatest, and he kissed a__ whenever he had to, to try to hold on to make you like him, and even though he was dying of cancer, he had to go out there, work around the world. "Whereas when theirs (whites) go down, they give them a talk show or something, so they won't have to go through those struggles. There is none of that for us. When those football players come off that field, they either go to a cigarette company, a beer company or a whiskey company. That's it. Otherwise it's over. The white boys get announcers on television. There's a whole new career that's for them. It's not for us, and my thing is to try to create a legacy for Michael."

To date Jones has been successful at Michael's bequeathal building, albeit even with the fame of Michael, Jones has hit snags in the way to immortalizing Jackson. Jones was able to get the renaming of the auditorium at the school Michael went to, to the Michael Jackson Auditorium. Jones has created awards such as The Boy Scouts coming out with a Michael Jackson Award, BMI Publishing has a Michael Jackson Award, as does Jack the Rapper, "To keep the name going. Because," Jones says, "if you don't darling, do you realize the greats that have gone down that have been black. You don't hear anything about these people. It's over for us once we are done. And if we don't place your name on a building or your name somewhere ..."

It isn't an automatic given to assume Jones' job is cushy. "It isn't automatic," he explains to me. "I'm working right now to try to get them to rename the elementary school Michael went to the Michael Jackson School. First they said, you've got to be dead. Why do you have to be dead? Your contributions are done while you're alive." Jones also bears the brunt of the trouble with the mural in Hollywood which they have been working towards more than three years. "We started over three years ago with the Hollywood Arts Council. They approached me about doing a mural for Michael Jackson. Then some red necks out of the woods said no we want Orson Wells. Anything but a black man up there on that wall. So it's that kind of thing. Look, racism is alive and well and festering here in Los Angeles. I don't fool myself."

Jones came to inherit his job by a long arduous path. He got into the journalism business while attending USC. There he was a big fan of the late Walter Winchell and Louella Parsons. And he saw all the Hollywood parties going on and wanted to attend them. He started out by writing a column about kids in high school for the California Eagle, and that didn't last long, and then he moved over to the Herald Dispatch where he was a writer and entertainment editor at the height of that publication. After syndicating his Hollywood column to more than 80 black newspapers, a little down the line he met Bobby Darin, who was quite an entertainer during those early days, he says.

They became fast friends, and that association would lead him to his next job as a publicist for Rogers and Cowan Public Relations. Jones had tried to secure a job at Motown earlier, but he says, "Now mind you, I had applied to Motown before going to Rogers and Cowan, and as typical of what we sometimes go through, I guess I didn't qualify until I was accepted by Rogers and Cowan."

From Rogers and Cowan, Jones went to Motown and thought he would die there. But as fate would have it, Michael Jackson called him one day after the release of "Bad." Jones skeptical, they met, and Michael asked him what it would take to bring him on board, and Jones told him. Michael only had one stipulation, "He said, 'you got the job as long as you handle telling Berry Gordy and not have me having any problems with Berry Gordy. We have a good relationship.' I said Okay," and Jones proceeded to make the transition from Motown to Michael's camp.

Jones tells me that Michael was always a very, very inquiring mind, who wanted to know what was going on and who wanted to delve deeper of how things worked. "Perhaps," he says, "a great degree of his success today is based on the fact that he had an inquiring mind, and he wanted to know and he wanted to explore and find out what was going on above and beyond his brothers."

The Michael Jackson mystique and mania, Jones says he thinks is food to Michael Michael's ego. "It's soothing to know that God has given him this kind of a strength, and he doesn't misuse or abuse it in the wrong manner." Jones tells me of firings when people on Michael's staff take advantage of the fans. Jackson doesn't tolerate it.

Jones credits Michael Michael's mother for much of the talent that Michael absorbed. "They don't give his mother enough credit. They didn't have a television during those early years back in Indiana, and they lived in what amounted to a box. And the mother liked country music. They'd have hootenannies and sing, because it was the way they entertained themselves, and that was what brought them along and developed this great thing. At least there was a togetherness. That everybody participated. I think it was the beginning of the end of that togetherness within the family."

Jones says Michael is very close with his mother and tries to be close with his family, but it becomes difficult. "It becomes very difficult," Jones emphasizes.

When I ask Jones is Michael a shrew businessman? he replies, "He's a kid at heart, but he knows what he wants, and I have the good fortune that he knows me over the years. I don't have to be a hand-holder." He goes on to say that Michael doesn't like entourages, and Michael's very private. Jackson wants to be by himself. Jones find himself being the bull fighter in Michael's arena. Jones fought to have the Oprah Winfrey interview advertised in Ebony and Jet and on BET. During those face-offs, Jones found himself saying, "Wait a minute, let's back up. Oprah may not care, but that's the reason I'm here. I care. And it's most important. Michael Jackson is black, first and foremost."

Besides acquiring certain properties for Michael's private collection and handling all facets of the awards shows, it is Jones who goes to the black book stores and buys hundreds of black books at a time so that Michael knows who the black inventors are, so he knows who the black composers are.

"He has been educated about his people," Jones says, "Those things are important, because if you don't know where you came from and who you are, you don't know where you're going. And he knows, and he tells me all the time, 'Bob don't give up. Never give up, never say no,' he says. 'That's what the system wants you to do is to say no and give up.' And he says, 'I never give up. I never disbelieve that it can't happen.'" Jones says he has been around the entertainment industry for 40 years, but Jackson has taught him things, "and it causes me to continue to grow."

Of Michael and Jones' activities on his behalf, Jones states, "He's a gentle ... one of the nicest--he doesn't use curse words. It's like, because when I know what a dog-eat-dog world it is out here, thank God that he has me and a few others like me to fight off the lechers, because there there, and I'm able to become that alter ego and say go to hell. Because you won't believe the propositions that come here.

"He is truly the nicest, and if there is anything such as being God-like, he doesn't smoke, he doesn't drink, he doesn't believe in thinking bad thoughts. That's why I am suspicious of most of them who come through here, because everybody has an agenda, and it's either to get over or something, and we live in a society of that. The society we live in is ruthless, and it's all the buck and nothing else, and that's what America's become. When I look at him ( Michael) I say, 'It's good that God chose you.' That's the way I look at it. It's good that God chose you."

These quotes are from around the year 2000

Quote from En Vogue

En Vogue's Maxine, Cindy and Terry stated:

"Our major musical influence is undoubtedly Michael Jackson. The man is

phenomenal!"

Quote from TLC's Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins

On her favorite album:

"Thriller! It gave birth to a true megastar, and nobody has bettered it yet.

It's still the biggest-selling album of all time."

Quote from Donell Jones

"My main musical influence is Michael Jackson. I just love him. He brings so much energy and so much feeling into his music. (...) I learned from him and from experience that you have to be patient in this business. I want everything right now, but I know that if you want longevity, you have to be patient. And that's what I strive for: longevity."

Quote from producers Sam & Louis

Hit producers/songwriters Louis Biancaniello and Sam Watters have had success making music for many famous artists, including their most recent productions: Jessica Simpson's "I Wanna Love You Forever" and Anastacia's "I'm Outta Love." In a recent interview with Gavin magazine, Sam & Louis were asked which artist they would like to work with someday. Their answer was: "Michael Jackson. What an incredible talent, overflowing with energy, passion, and originality."

Formula-1 Champion Michael Schumacher Admires Michael Jackson

One racing car champion Michael Schumacher of Germany named Michael Jackson as one of his favorite stars. The Ferrari team driver added that he has always admired Michael Jackson because he not only sings but also dances extremely well.

Quote from Lori Petty

Guest Lori Petty (Tank Girl, A League of thie Own) picked MJ as her # 2

choice saying that she's in LOVE with him and that she wanted her screen name

to be Michael Jackson but it was taken. Ironically, Pettty who stared with

Madonna in A League of their Own, cut the Material Girl from the list.

Quote from Angelina Jolie

From an interview with Rolling Stone magazine, actress Angelina Jolie talked about her youth idol:

"I loved Michael Jackson. I wore the leather jacket and I used to ask if I could go to school wearing studs."

Quote from Ian Brown

Brown, who recorded a version of the Jackson classic 'Billie Jean' for his

current single 'Dolphins Were Monkeys', said he had always been a Jackson

fan. 'I love MJ. I've liked him since I was a kid. Stuff like 'Off The Wall'

and 'Thriller'. I want to do a MJ EP, with 'Thriller', 'Beat It', 'Billie

Jean' and 'Rockin' Robin' or 'ABC' on it. Hopefully I'll get it done,' said

Brown.

Rocker Mellissa Ethridge to VH-1 about Mj's Motown 25 Performance...

"The world was never the same after that."

From an interview with DJ Luck and MC Neat

"I think he's great. He's one of the godfathers of brilliantness. He's got

longevity. He is inspiring."

BJORK - On wearing dress with Michael's face on it to the Golden Globes.
"Because Michael is the biggest star in Hollywood."

Quote from Slash

Slash doesn't think it's that important for MJ to reclaim his title of King of Pop: "He's the genuine article. Whether it's going to blow everybody else off the charts is not really of concern to me because I know whatever he puts on there at least will be heartfelt and real and whether everybody picks up on it or not is down to them. Nobody can ever predetermine that."

Quote from SISQO

"Some people have the misconception that, because he's softly spoken, his hands might be kinda cold and clammy or that he might not have a firm grip, but that wasn't the case. He was a cool dude and tough."

I met him, and y'all don't know Mike. I'm a big Michael Jackson fan, and I thought when I met

him his hands were going to be cold and clammy. But they were kind of coarse, like he had been doing some work, and he had a firm grip. He's a real dude. He was kicking it with his kids, and I walked in and his son, Prince, looked at me like, "You ain't impressing me. My dad's Michael Jackson." I shook his little hand and he kept watching "Rugrats in Paris."

NELLY to Rolling Stone Magazine

Rapper Nelly discusses his influences: Michael

Jackson He was the king, regradless of what he's doing or how he looks

today. He's like History - he captured the whole world. He paved the way for

a lot of motherf.u.c.k.e.r.s.

Quote from Derek Jeter

New York Yankees' baseball star Derek Jeter names Michael Jackson as favorite artist in a recent Rolling Stone magazine interview.

"I was a huge Michael Jackson fan growing up. He's a musical genius. Probably my favorite."

Quote from Amy Holmes

USA Today columnist and Fox News Channel political commentator Amy Holmes was interviewed in an issue of American Mademoiselle magazine.

To the question "Who was your first celeb crush?" she answered:

"Michael Jackson. I had the Thriller LP, Michael Jackson biography, Michael

Jackson earrings, Michael Jackson pins, everything... I was head over

heels."

Quote from Wyclef Jean

Asked about his experience working with other artists, he simply answered:

"Michael Jackson is the greatest artist of all. I never enjoyed working with anyone so much as I did with him."

Quote from Shawn Wayans

Actor and comedian Shawn Wayans was interviewed by American TV

Guide magazine. In the article, Shawn talked about his first meeting with

Michael Jackson.

"Shawn: —I met Michael when I was working at FAO Schwarz in New York City. I

was 15 years old, and he came in the store. He was buying a bunch of toys. I

was screaming, 'Michael!' I made him laugh. And then I almost got fired.

TV Guide: —For talking to him?

Shawn: —Yeah. It wasn't him that almost got me fired. It was my boss. You

know how they start doing their job way too well."

Also there are a number of great quotes in relation to the allegations from people on Aphrodite Jones Website. If you go to the video links and the one relating to quotes in support of the King. Great ones from Billy Connolly, Liz Taylor, Steve Harvey, Nelson Mandela, P Diddy, Louis Theroux, Berry Gordy, etc.

Awsome quotes Irish. Thanks so much for posting them all.

I get miffed when I read that article with Bob Jones. He seemed like he really cared about Michael, I mean for real, like he would always be a good friend to him, and then look what he ended up doing. It's just unreal. I can't read anything from that guy now without thinking of him as nothing but a back stabbing liar. Too bad. And Shmuley too, ugh. He says Michael taught him humility, and then he goes around screaming how Michael is an egotist, lol. I like how they go from being 100% honest about Michael to then just spewing lies about him because he hasn't called them in a while or something, it's so weird.

I get miffed when I read that article with Bob Jones.[/b]

Me too. Especially when this Uncle Tom went around talking about a black man in this business, the struggles, etc. He knew how powerful Michael had become and what he was up against. Yet in the end he turned around and did the same thing. Greed always turns them. When they get caught. Also a lot to do with ego with this guy. People who have met him said he was a very rude man. And to think Michael always called him Sir.

I know, it's just sad. Michael obviously respected him a great deal. It's amazing the hypocricy of Jones, saying what he did in that article and then turning around and doing to Michael the very thing he proclaimed to be protecting him from. I imagine that must of hurt Michael a lot.

JILL SCOTT- "He takes those lyrics and goes inside of them in a way that if you are a vocalist,you study Michael Jackson,it's mandatory"

SHAGGY-"Even today, that's the man to beat"

Wyclef even said something about MJ being "THE MUSICIAN'S BIBLE"

^ Oh yeah! I remember those ones and a lot of the others too.
It's great reading all these fabulous quotes in one place.
Thanks everyone!

Great thread WBSS! :)

Wyclef Jean
“What I picked up on Michael Jackson - because I study people when I watch them - the way that he counts his rhythm with his feet and his neck at the same time is crazy... so he's hearing multiple things at once. And I don't know anybody who does that.”

Oh, I remember that quote giddyup. That was a cool one, and it's true when you watch Michael at a mic, he's keeping time on multiple tracks it seems. And that's not surprising really, when you think about the way he actually composes songs, by hearing all the parts at once, in his head, from the precussion to the strings to the bass and guitar, etc... It all just comes to him at once. I think that's the mark of a true musical genius.

Louis Johnson said that Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones were Both Genius and it was a honor to work with both.

"Michael Jackson is the most gifted entertainer to come down the pike since, I guess, James Dean. He's a brilliant actor and dancer, probably one of the rarest entertainers I have ever worked with. His talent is awesome."
-- Sidney Lumet

"We were singing the song, and all the time I was showing it to him I was wondering, 'Can he reach those high notes?' finally we took a try at it -- and he just reached it first time, no effort at all."
-- Freddie Perren (producer)

"Whatever it took to get the song done right, he was willing to go the distance. And that was impressive, since he was still just a little kid."
-- Hal Davis

"He has redefined the term professional entertainer."
-- James Earl Jones

The thing about Michael is he's hands down one of the most professional, most talented performers I have ever worked with. All the bro haa haa aside, when it comes down to it you can have 60 choreographed dancers up there and you know which one Michael is.
Slash

Working with Michael Jackson was probably the best recording experience of my life. He was totally cool, absolutely professional and a beautiful, beautiful guy. And let’s not forget, he's a musical genius.
Lenny Kravitz

When God was giving out talent, He gave all of it to Michael Jackson.
Babyface

By the way i watched that video of people supporting him with quotes on youtube, if that Muhammad Ali quote is real then that's my favourite :)

Back