A quote from Leonard Bernstein on Michael

"Michael Jackson sent me a note saying he loves my voice. I cherish that, but I don't believe it, you know what I mean? There will be a time, maybe 10 years from now, to sit down and reflect on those things. I can't do it now."
–Marc Anthony, Latin Singer

“He's the greatest. Innovative. Black.”
-Teddy Riley, producer and member of the r&b group, BlackStreet

“I still get butterflies and goose bumps when I'm talking to the man and he's telling me I'm great at what I do. I'm a fan. Don't ever call me 'the king of pop', because that's him. I don't want that title.' 'The man is a genius and he's a humanitarian. Like, before there was Bono, there was Michael Jackson. Look at all he's done for children. Not just in America. Everywhere.”
-Usher, R&B Singer and Actor

I hate to break it to you guys but that quote from Mandela is a hoax. Someone in the media made up in response to Michael's interview with Jessie Jackson. They were poking fun at Michael's comments which they interpreted to mean that he felt he was in the same league as Nelson Mandela and had suffered on the same scale.

We had discussed it at LENGTH on this board when it first came out. I will never forget it.[/b]
Oh. Thank you for telling me. I had planned to tell some people about it. You caught me in time.

Thanks to 'Pompous Git' of MJNO :)

Stuart Brawley Co-Mixer on Invincible

"Some of my favourite moments on the project were when Michael was singing.

Watching him sing is truly a treat. Not just because he sings like no one else, but because, unlike some artists, when Michael sings it involves his whole being.

I have recorded many vocalists, and the majority of them stand still at the microphone, occasionally using a hand gesture here and there as they sing. Not so with Michael. Michael's whole body gets into the action. He dances, he stomps his feet and the music oozes out of him. The first day I recorded vocals with him I nearly got up and started dancing myself, it was so infectious. (This, of course, could have meant the end of my involvement in the project, as my dance moves consist mostly of bad '80s white boy moves, embarrassing to anyone in a half mile radius.)

What strikes me most about Michael is how much music moves him. Sometimes we'd be listening to a playback of a mix in the control room, and Michael would suddenly do a dance move out of nowhere. I think it's instinctual and maybe involuntary.

Everyone on the project, producers, engineers, asistants all had this unspoken respect for him. It wasn't something we talked about, it was just understood. He commands respect on so many levels: as a producer, songwriter, artist, and most importantly, as a human being."

Awsome, thank you so much for posting giddyup. Great words. You hear so much about Michael's uniquness and intense musical sense and understanding in the studio, it just makes you want to see him in the process. I get really irritated that people don't recongnize Michael's vocal talent enough, they really don't. He's terribly underrated as a singer, but people who get in the studio with him see it. And of course it seems any one who works with and meets Michael talks repeatedly about the awe they have for him not just as an artist, but also as a human being.

Here's more from Brawley, fom the same article, on Michael.

As time passed on the project, Michael and I got to know each other a little better, and I started to see the man behind the image. Michael Jackson is absolutely without a doubt the kindest, most genuine person I have ever worked for. His soft spoken nature, even in times of high stress, and his complete lack of ego made working for him a true pleasure.[/b]

Back