A theory: Michael himself bought in a vocal double on the Cascio songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's ridiculous is the estate approving songs with questionnable vocals for release on an official Michael Jackson album.
Err... no it's not, since they had the vocals approved and tested before putting them on the album.

Thankyou for unlocking this thread.

I know some fans are sick of the fake song talk, but it is genuinely the opinion of some of us, and I don't see why these fans shouldn't feel welcome on MJJC.

Just because someone doubts the Cascio songs it does not make them a troll. It's just personal opinion. This is actually the first thread I've created doubting the authenticity of the vocals. I'm sure other members who have read my posts over the years will vouch that I am not a trouble maker or someone who starts threads for attention.

I love the majority of "Michael" and will support the album and buy it in spite of my feelings about the Cascio songs.

That's not true at all.

Whatever, I am not singer and I sing all days around the house.

Also I am artist and I know how I function and how artists produce, even if I am not that famous.... Artists usually do their thing, even during nights, many cannot sleep they create.... stay till 2 am, till 4 am forgettign about everythign and creating...

How can you be so sure he didn't? You've been there with him? He whispered in your ear? At least have a doubt, saying for example I think 'that maybe he didn't sing that much as before'

That's huge ego going on with some folks... thinking they are superior and they know all. :smilerolleyes:

Yep, That's very true some that are questioning the tracks are buying the album as well! How can they be censored? That would be unfair! There are 9 more Cascio's tracks possibly in the future?! So we better get used to it! lol The concern will happen again until we hear those too, no doubt! As long as we keep it respectful, I don't see the problem!?

Yes, 3T should take it to court but, the same can be said to Teddy and the Cascio's they could sue as well for defamation! YEP! Twitter will only take them all so far! They all have a chance to end! But, will they? Teddy saying MJ would love this controvesry don't make it sound like he wants it to end though! SMH

Yes, Michael wanted to pass on his talents to Jason Malachi, prepared a ceremony at Cascios' basement, got a magical wand and *BANG* Jason Malachi (or whoever) became the new Michael Jackson. Little did they know that the wand was broken and malfunctioning ...

Whatever, I am not singer and I sing all days around the house.

Also I am artist and I know how I function and how artists produce, and I am not famous....

How can you be so sure? At least have a doubt, sayi9ng for example I think 'that maybe he didn't sing that much as before'

That;s huge ego going on with some folks... thinking they are superior and they know all. :smilerolleyes:

It's not ego.

I just don't believe every singer loves to sing all the time.

Michael spent the majority of his life on stage. I believe that in his latter years he prioritised spending time with his children over music. I'm sure he may have sung around the house from time to time, but that is very different from using your voice properly.

What a ridiculous theory!

I say that even though I have my doubts about the Cascio tracks. But this theory just doesn't make any sense.

I haven't said much about all this, but seeing as everyone else has a viewpoint here's mine and this is only based on BN as I don't listen to leaked tracks.

I don't think there's much MJ vocal on there.

Is it a huge conspiracy? No.

I think it's simply a song MJ was working on and never finished off so is massively padded out with an 'impersonator'.

It's kind of like someone finding a Van Gogh sketch and then colouring it themselves and passing it off.

Should they have done it? Bearing in mind some of the unreleased tracks we know are out there and their quality, then no - it makes no sense.

Is it worth all the argument & fuss? No. If you don't like them skip them, if you do like them, listen to them.

But I stress, I don't think it's a huge conspiracy worthy of all this nonsense - it's a skeleton of an MJ demo, finished off by others to try and make a full track.

That's all.

^Sounds reasonable. I agree we should give it a rest and just press the skip button if these tracks are dubious to you. I have never really doubted the track myself and it could me my illusion but I have the impression that the album version has a more clear MJ on it than the version that originally streamed on mj.com.

You know the entire album now streams on MJ.com now, right? That's legal ;)

You know the entire album now streams on MJ.com now, right? That's legal ;)

I know, I'm old fashioned though and would rather have the romanticism of putting a physical CD in and pressing play.

^Aaah, romantical indeed. I intended to do this as well, up until uhm this morning. I'm a weakling. But this has been a lovely day so far with Michael on repeat and procrastinating from work...

I know, I'm old fashioned though and would rather have the romanticism of putting a physical CD in and pressing play.

I tried to do that but failed miserably. Have you really not listened to any leaks at all??

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the album Tony. Give me a PM when you've heard it and let me know what you think.

Cascio songs aside, there are some brilliant songs on the album. You're in for a treat!

I tried to do that but failed miserably. Have you really not listened to any leaks at all??

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the album Tony. Give me a PM when you've heard it and let me know what you think.

Cascio songs aside, there are some brilliant songs on the album. You're in for a treat!

No, I've listened to my HMH CD & Breaking News when streamed but nothing else.

I've listened to tracks that have leaked that I know aren't on the album (DYKWYCA etc) but nothing that will ruin the enjoyment of the album.

I don't get listening to leaks when you know the album is coming, it's like beaing able to watch rehearsals of a film before seeing it, it gives you false opinions and bias. Best just to be (hopefully) blown away by the finished product.

And, yes I will PM you when I've heard it!

It's not ego.

I just don't believe every singer loves to sing all the time.

Michael spent the majority of his life on stage. I believe that in his latter years he prioritised spending time with his children over music. I'm sure he may have sung around the house from time to time, but that is very different from using your voice properly.

I beg to differ.... One can sing even Opera around house while cooking. What's proper singing? Pavarotti could prepare pasta and still sing the same as on scene.

And vocal singing is the easiest of arts, in the sense of not needing too much preparation, only warming the voice. Along with dance is the most natural one.

One can sing in the kitchen preparing food, can sing ballads to your children etc

Painting for ex, is more difficult, you need to have a special place designed, the right colors... etc, right brushes, canvases, right light etc So unless the space is designed for that, you need preparation, and time to do it.
Photography it's easier but still one need the studio, or if you are on film you need to develop it... Even digital, you need bit of photoshop on each pic. I mean those are basic requirements for those arts. On field is more easy, one can do photo reportage, but even so you need to get out of the house. lol

Singing does not need all these, special space, or minimal money in physical supports.Only proper warming of the vocal chords ( Mike knew how to do it ) and that's it. Simple. On the other hand recording it, that's another story.....

No, I've listened to my HMH CD & Breaking News when streamed but nothing else.

I've listened to tracks that have leaked that I know aren't on the album (DYKWYCA etc) but nothing that will ruin the enjoyment of the album.

I don't get listening to leaks when you know the album is coming, it's like beaing able to watch rehearsals of a film before seeing it, it gives you false opinions and bias. Best just to be (hopefully) blown away by the finished product.

And, yes I will PM you when I've heard it!

I didn't listen to any individual leaks or snippets, but when the whole album leaked in full I caved in. If you listen to it once it's leaked in it's entirity then it's no different an experience than buying the CD. Admittedly it will feel like a bit of an empty experience going to buy the physical album on Monday.

Hollywood Tonight is awesome. It's the uptempo track I was waiting for (but never got) on Invincible.

I said something similar yesterday and somebody tagged me as mad.
What is clear to me is that is not MJ on thouse pseudo songs.

This story is very unlikely true. :) In other words I don't think it has any truth in it.

Only one theory can be right. I know which one is right but everyone has their own opinion. If they chooe to ruin the legacy of Michael Jackson, that's their choice and no one has the right to stop them.

...'cause Michael called you in 2007 and sang the songs down the phone for you?

I do believe he created them but you're just being arrogant and shoving it down people's throats. Let people breathe.

No I don't, I know I'm right, but I respect your opinion. And yes, if this album flops it will damage Michael's legacy. The media will write that he hasn't had "it" since Bad or Dangerous. Invincible is still called "dodgy", "dull", "awful", "boring" or something like that in the press. The media don't forget when a Michael Jackson album flops.

My darling, Michael beat Elvis and The Beatles and YET the media do not recognise him. Stop bothering about them. It doesn't matter. He could have ended poverty but the media would still no praise him because it's MICHAEL JACKSON.

While Mike has used vocalist like 'Floetry' to match MJ's vocal and carry it to make it sound like his own BUT that was just to make it sound like his vocal range is EVEN wider than it really is.. Not to have others sing within the vocal range he always has.. this theory just doesn't bight the line for me...

We've heard recordings from the early 00's, mid 00's, and now late 00's.. Michael NEVER stopped singing, never stopped recording.. in 2003 he stated he was recording and we were starting to expect an album. according to the info we have We've Had Enough was recorded in 2004.. in 2005 he planned or at least had buisness ventures to make music in Bahrain, in 2006 he was in the studio recording and he stated so, in 2008 we heard MJ's current vocals on the remix of WBSS and we head (not fogetting about HMH leak)..

Michael never stopped singing, yes he's stated at times his voice was not well at moments.. but HE NEVER STOPPED and had a great voice

At the end of the day there are 3 options:

1. These songs are genuinely Michael Jackson's vocals.
2. The Cascio's created the songs and Michael had nothing to do with them, which would be a HUGE betrayal of someone who has been their friend for many, many years.
3. Michael worked on these songs but worked with a voice double.

I think number 3 is the most likely scenario.
Yes and voice double is Elvis Presley! :smilerolleyes:

My thoughts.

Yes, the family may seem sweet, kind and genuine.
Show me all the pictures of the studios, and your times with Michael.
But honey, I got ears.

It is common for songwriters to sing a guide for the artist they are writing for.

James Porte is the song writing parter to Eddie Cascio, according to Teddy Riley.

.. IDK.. whatever.. I'm over the whole Cascio debate.

I don't think the Cascio songs are James Porte only, no no.

Excellent post.

At the end of the day there are 3 options:

1. These songs are genuinely Michael Jackson's vocals.
2. The Cascio's created the songs and Michael had nothing to do with them, which would be a HUGE betrayal of someone who has been their friend for many, many years.
3. Michael worked on these songs but worked with a voice double.

I think number 3 is the most likely scenario.

This thread is funny. Over several weeks the discussion went from "It's the estate!" to "It's Sony!" to "It's the Cascios!" ... until someone had a better idea ... Let's blame Michael, lol. I guess this had to happen sooner or later.

Hear me out, because I think this is a plausable theory:

I believe MJ DID work on these songs with the Cascios but didn't feel ready to record a proper vocal performance, so he bought in a voice double to lay down the vocals with the intention of laying down his own vocals at a later stage. It wouldn't be unheard of.... R Kelly said when he wrote songs for Michael he would try and sing them as if he actually was Michael.

Many people who worked on TII said that MJ was "warming up" his voice again after many years of semi-retirement and not really using his voice properly. Don't forget MJ hadn't sung out properly in a long time so it's perfecty plausable that he would do this.

Michael died before he got a chance to resume work on these songs and the Cascios justified releasing them under the (misguided) logic that these ARE real MJ songs which he WAS working on, he just never got around to doing the vocals.

This is the only explanation I can think of as to why the vocals don't sound 100% legitimate. The Cascio's were close friends with Michael and I don't believe they would create completely fake songs which MJ hadn't at least contributed to.

I love innovative thinkers, but do you really think he would do this? Really, think about it again.

Hahahaha. Oh my. This is just getting ridiculous now.

It's well beyond ridiculous now. It's at the point where all the talk abut "fake" songs has other people saying that songs like "Hold my hand" and "Hollywood Tonight" are fake. It's all in the power of suggestion.
I have a thought too. For all the people who claim that they just "know" it isn't Michael on the Cascio tracks, would you know without a doubt that "2000 Watts" was him if he were dead when it was released? I can GUARANTEE you that people would be saying the same thing. Michael's voice sounds sooooooo different on She's out of my life, Beat it, Ghosts, Give in to me, Morphine, Who is it (remember how strange his voice sounds on it? because he's putting emotion into it and it's deeper), etc. He had a talent to do that. He could sing in falsetto and also in the lower octaves too. He sounds different enough during different eras too that we can tell which song is from what era MOST OF THE TIME. I can tell by listening to "Behind the mask" that it was recorded during the Thriller era. His voice is much higher, and he does more of the tics during it than he did after 2000.

Tipareth;3121928[B said:
]Do you honestly think that Mike used to sing only for albums?? I mean he didn't sing all those years in the house, around the house, in the nature? Never?
[/B]
Do you know what an artist is? How artistic process is working.... What an artist is doing in his home? His artistic pleasures are not directlly linked by finished projects, payed projects, and rewards.

I am sure Mike sung more around house than studio, all his life. Trust me, the percents would be 90-95% outside studio, and only 10-5% in studio!
What we see from an artist as finished work represent 5-10% at most, of the entire artistic vision, preoccupation and practice.

I was about to write on this issue, but you beat me to it. I see this a lot--people assuming Michael's voice was out of shape because he did not sing on an album for some years. Has anyone lived or been close to someone who loves to sing? They sing or hum while they are engaged in other tasks. Of course, it is not the same as singing in a studio or on stage, but nevertheless, the vocals are always at practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back