Aaron Carter Claims MJ Gave Him Drugs *Update Post 41* Merged

Ok, here are some corrections and suggestions:

ginvid;3425943 said:
On 29 May 2011, 90s pop singer Aaron Carter filmed an interview with freelance 'journalist' and friend Daphne Barak for OK Australia magazine's 27 June edition. The article and excerpts that have been released have spread rapidly across all media for one reason - it involves Michael Jackson.

Carter’s friendship - and we use that word loosely - with Jackson is not in question. However, the Michael Jackson fan community strongly rejects the elements of the story suggesting and implying that Mr. Jackson would have given Aaron Carter drugs or alcohol or would have acted in any way improperly towards him.

Indeed, after all the years of defending Mr. Jackson --even as recently as 2010-- the fan community finds it puzzling that Mr. Carter would all of a sudden give such an inconsistent interview. On the contrary, Mr. Carter has always spoken highly of Jackson’s positive influence on his life and his work, and has strongly denied that anything inappropriate had ever occurred between them (see Howard Stern interview:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtURi...layer_embedded).

The claims made by Carter can be easily debunked by what he actually himself had said previously and consistently. For example, he once claimed that he only spent one night at Neverland where he slept in the theater with Chris Tucker and other guests. Further on, he emphasized that neither did he ever sleep in bed with Mr. Jackson, nor did he ever go into Mr. Jackson's room. As a matter of fact, Aaron Carter so steadfastly denied any inappropriate behavior at the party that he was on the witness list for the defense in the 2005 trial.

Frank Cascio, who had maintained a friendship with Jackson since his childhood, tweeted this in defense of Michael, "I knew Michael for over 25 years and NEVER once did he use cocaine or suggest to anyone else to use cocaine. Never!!!!" (http://twitter.com/#!/fdcascio/status/86547254990733312). Frank and his family had been visited by Michael on a regular basis. Also, he had frequented Neverland and had even traveled with Michael from a young age.

In light of above mentioned and all other obvious evidence, the Michael Jackson fan community is questioning the real motive behind this seeming change of heart and story.

The timing of the interview is also extremely suspect. In June, while millions around the world were mourning the passing of Mr Jackson, some, with even the remotest connection to him, seemed to find it an ideal opportunity to promote their book, CD or project.

Aaron Carter’s willingness to jump on that bandwagon, although quite disappointing, is actually not surprising. According to Aaron's representative, he was misquoted in the article. However, as the edited excerpts of the interview clearly demonstrate, Mr. Carter skillfully and purposely answers in a way that allows for speculation and innuendo. Consequently, the public opinion has been utterly misled.

Carter's denial is now being widely reported, nevertheless, more needs to be done. Mr. Carter must demand a full retraction from OK magazine, if it is indeed misrepresenting what he really said. But as the slander continues to unfold, it is increasingly clear that the Carter camp have seen the benefits of tying his name in a negative way to Mr. Jackson’s and is taking full advantage of the frenzy and (inter)national media coverage.

This slanderous story surfaced on 15 June prompting some concerned Jackson fans to reach out to Aaron Carter immediately via twitter, only to be rebuffed and ignored by the latter the whole two weeks. An official and strong statement of denial would have halted this slander in its tracks. Indeed, this is what an honorable person would do in love and respect for a friend and mentor who has died. Unfortunately, the sickening speculation and insinuations were allowed to linger. As a result, the only person who has been fully damaged in this appalling debacle is Mr. Jackson --an easy target-- who is unfortunately not here to defend himself. As far as all of the others who have been involved are concerned, they have been able to raise their profiles on his back.

Daphne Barak has also had an extremely dubious past. She has already "forged" stories before. She became friends with Grace Rwaramba --Jackson's children's nanny -- in order to take advantage of her in the hopes of finding out information about Michael Jackson.

In a story written by Mallika Chopra for The Huffington Post, Mallika said the following: "I witnessed Daphne act as a friend while trying to bait information from Grace on her conversations with Jackson family members and friends about his death... I found that Daphne indeed had written an article full of quotes by Grace for a tabloid magazine. (A quick search of her other work not surprisingly shows she did a recent feature on Amy Winehouse.) Grace’s quotes are now being picked up by other tabloids and will find their way into more magazines and articles. (People Magazine is also featuring some inaccuracies today, such as the claim that Grace pumped Michael’s stomach on several occasions. For the record, Grace never pumped Michael’s stomach. She has not slightest idea how she would even do such a thing.)... "

Daphne Barak was also at the center of controversy in reference to an inteview with Sanam Bhutto. An article at SouthAsiaWatch chronicles her faux journalism.
It says, "Daphne Barak [...] has been foisting herself upon the famous and noteworthy families of the world for years now. Her living is made by offering "exclusive" interviews, scintillating gossip, and manufacturing rumor and innuendo at every turn. She is often spotted interviewing members of families in crisis, taking advantage of their grief and need for hope, in order to fuel her personal drive for fame, access, and notoriety. Daphne portrays and tarnishes the image of Bhutto by revealing or blatantly manufacturing details that cannot be independently verified about Bhutto's life... any references to Bhutto or Pakistan that she writes should be taken as near-fiction or nothing less than a complete fabrication... In more recent Pakistan news, Daphne Barak has done the nation of Pakistan and its people a grave disservice by manufacturing a news story featuring "statements" from Benazair Bhutto's sister, Sanam, regarding the President of Pakistan, Asif Zardari. While biased journalism may be tolerated in many circles, Daphe Barak crossed the line into complete fiction. Sanam Bhutto, outraged and distressed at the lies attributed to her, vigorously denounced the fiction produced by Daphne Barak, via print and video ."
The article also mentions how she "cozied" up to the parents of Amy Winehouse, "feeding off their grief and concern for their daughter" in order to get a story on Amy Winehouse.

Her methods have been consistent: befriending a person for the purpose of interviewing them so that she can then put a spin on said interview.

Is that what happened with Aaron Carter? Note her tweet about him on May 29th:

This speaks volumes about Ms. Barak's ethics and values as a journalist.

Furthermore, it is disturbing that we live in a time when our media is willing to blindly copy and paste a story without first verifying its accuracy and veracity. No mention was made of Carter's previous denials, nor of the reputation of the interviewer. This becomes even more disturbing when this practice is adopted by news outlets that are supposed to report factual stories, such as CBSnews, USA Today and CNN.

Although the slanderous story about this interview originates from OK! Magazine, which is all but a reference known for being a reputable publication, it hasn't taken long for over 150 media outlets to copy the story and run with it. It is frustratingly apparent that facts are not of great concern to the media, which is shameful.

Now that some aspects of the interview have been denied, we can only hope that there will be a more rigorous screening process before stories are aired or published, especially when the source is a tabloid and the author has a questionable reputation (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Dz7rs8VfA).

We call on all Michael Jackson fans to boycott the magazine and to express their disagreement to the editors of OK magazine and distress to Daphne Barak (the author). Fans also need to let their sources of news and information know that they are no longer interested in uncorroborated, salacious stories.

Michael Jackson was defamed and maligned in life. His fans are committed and determined to see that this defamation does not continue in death.

On 29 May 2011, 90s pop singer Aaron Carter filmed an interview

=> On 29 May 2011, 90s pop singer Aaron Carter was filmed for an interview

Last edited:
All,you do a super job :clapping: I'm so disappointed not being helpful, my english is not my native language and I don't know the subtilities of the language -
I'm with you :flowers:

AllForLove;3426426 said:
All,you do a super job :clapping: I'm so disappointed not being helpful, my english is not my native language and I don't know the subtilities of the language -
I'm with you :flowers:

On pourrait le traduire en français :D

Bumper, please check your PM's.

@Ashtanga, we have heard much new news. We have just been trying to get a final letter together to send out.

Too late.

I know.... :doh:

Time for Kermit :D

Yes. >
kermit.gif
But I think we're much worse than Kermit. :( *big sigh*

@Ashtanga, we have heard much new news. We have just been trying to get a final letter together to send out.

Thanks! ;) That's wonderful. Great job.! :clapping: MJ fans are the best. :heart: Let's shut up these cretins. :perrin: -_-

It's great. Thank you. You can see how much thought and care was put into this.

I don't think we should be surprised at people like Aaron Carter. Too many people like that who have no integrity and dignity. What goes around will come around for these people.

Absolutely! The table is round. You put garbage out, you eventually get garbage back. No question,

To everybody here, thank you so much for all of your hard work in defending Michael.

I would like to challenge somebody in the media to step up and do the right thing. Expose these people for the frauds they are That it is not right to further your tiny little career by making up stuff about a dead man. I really want somebody to ruin these people, They certainly deserve it.

I would like to challenge somebody in the media to step up and do the right thing. Expose these people for the frauds they are That it is not right to further your tiny little career by making up stuff about a dead man. I really want somebody to ruin these people, They certainly deserve it.

Me too. I really would love to see this happen to these people.

Guys, it is very important to provide source & date for the Carter quotes. And link to the youtube clip where the reader can hear say these things ...if possible.

I cannot belive he has become 32nd on that stupid list! grrrr when will ppl wake up!

Hes dirting mj's name all for the sake of money & fame, it makes me furious :rant:

^ He's not 32 because people are looking for him. His name appears in all the MJ stories, that's why he's so high. His album will still fail miserably.

^ He's not 32 because people are looking for him. His name appears in all the MJ stories, that's why he's so high. His album will still fail miserably.

Good! He will still be 1 million dollars in debt and dear "Uncle Sam" will still want him! Don't worry the United States government will make his life a living hell if he doesn't pay up.

Guys... I now have direct contact with the AP entertainment reporter....

I want to send her the letter directly & ask her to cover the story.

Can we wrap this up by tomorrow...?

Hopefully, Mesereau will get back to us by then.

Please see the other thread for additional correction to be made.

Ok we should just relax a bit here because i see some crazy things going on. In both those videos Aaron Carter doesn't make any kind of accusation. NOTHING!!You can interpret his words however you like but the fact remains that he is not saying Mike did him this or that, so calm down, Jesus.

No he didn't say it like that, but he DID say things like 'I don't know about drugs, you know..he could have gone to the bathroom, bla bla ' wow...this is so different from how he defended him at those older interviews, this sounds like an asshole to me. He's not saying MJ did drugs, but he's speculating on what might have went on in the bathroom. Instead of saying something along the lines of ' I don't and never did drugs, i never seen him using any and neither did he ever offer me any' .

As for the second video...he clearly implies wrong intentions from Michael, waking up, MJ sitting on his bed, him being scared....sigh. I'm am disgusted by Jermaine and Randy that they just DONT see this...this is so clear and yet they are almost...defending the little prick? Have they not seen the previews interviews where Aaron clearly denies ever sleeping in his room....jesus.

~Lindsey~;3425843 said:
Just some things I noticed whilst reading through,corrections in red:

They can also be refuted by those who were there: "I saw Michael leave for just a few minutes to wash of that cake, he was later sipping on a glass of wine, and he never finished it. They were out driving around the ranch with the fourwheelers and we were many out there having a laugh about it. When talking to Michael he said he didn´t even know half of the people being there but he loved that the fans could be there. When he finally left the party after driving around the ranch, he was alone except for one security guy. he invited a few (I was among them) into the house, we were there for about an hour. He left for his bedroom and didn´t ask us to leave, it was more like "enjoy yourself, I trust you". And there were (was?) no Aaron Carter anywhere to be found in that house during that night. he´s taken care of by Tucker I think, I didn´t see him after the drive around the ranch. So much more happened, but not a single minute was Michael out of sight except when he cleaned up himself."

Where's this from?

And can't Aprodite Jones do something?I mean...her book was honest and straight to the point, surely she must be disgusted with this stuff now too? As for that draft you guys are writing, my compliments first of all, very well written. But for what is it intended? You are gonna send it to the media overall? Who's gonna be receiving it?

Last edited:
the drug part doesn't bother me as many artists deals with addiction. everybody has problems, it doesn't make one a bad person. however, the bed story IS bothering me BIG time. for the last years information about MJ's innocents has been coming out. and now BAM! haters will say "see, he isn't out for money". we know he is but the average public don't. knowing he was being recorded or not, the dude said it and put doubt on peoples minds once more. the estate can't do nothing about this. branca wasn't on the criminal trial or around MJ when aaron was there. and you can't sue someone for slandering a dead person. but how the Jacksons can defend him is beyond me

the drug part doesn't bother me as many artists deals with addiction. everybody has problems, it doesn't make one a bad person. however, the bed story IS bothering me BIG time. for the last years information about MJ's innocents has been coming out. and now BAM! haters will say "see, he isn't out for money". we know he is but the average public don't. knowing he was being recorded or not, the dude said it and put doubt on peoples minds once more. the estate can't do nothing about this. branca wasn't on the criminal trial or around MJ when aaron was there. and you can't sue someone for slandering a dead person. but how the Jacksons can defend him is beyond me

Yeah it's ridiculous. Haven't Jermaine and Randy not seen the two videos? If so, how can Jermaine say we are doing exactly what Bashir did? He's clearly speculating on things and implying bad,very bad things, come on now Jermaine...as for the drugs. Nope, drugs don't make someone a bad person...but we are talking about a grown up man, doing drugs while a 15 year old is in the same area...THAT really would be a bad person in my opinion. And this is exactly what Aaron is implying. I wasn't even aware of Barack hooking up with Grace and trying to get her to tell 'juicy' stories, what horrible people we have on this planet, my god. Aaron Carter never has meant anything to me, i never thought much of him and neither do i find him talented. In fact...i hated his horrible singles and i hope to god his new album will flop hard.

Although the slanderous story about this interview originates from OK! Magazine, which is all but a reference known for being a reputable publication, it hasn't taken long for over 150 media outlets to copy the story and run with it. It is frustratingly apparent that facts are not of great concern to the media, which is shameful.

Just a quick query..I thought this was a great letter but I didn't understand the 'all but a reference' phrase and wondered if that could be clarified?

It would be good if we could translate this letter in as many languages as possible and spread over other fan clubs and if possible send to the local media.

I could translate it into French as soon as I have time.

Fortunately I've not seen this story reported in the Finnish media, not even by tabloid magazines. If this started making the rounds all of a sudden, I could translate the letter.

Fortunately I've not seen this story reported in the Finnish media, not even by tabloid magazines. If this started making the rounds all of a sudden, I could translate the letter.

good. don't fan the flames.. if you don't see anything that's a good thing

Yeah it's ridiculous. Haven't Jermaine and Randy not seen the two videos? If so, how can Jermaine say we are doing exactly what Bashir did? He's clearly speculating on things and implying bad,very bad things, come on now Jermaine...as for the drugs. Nope, drugs don't make someone a bad person...but we are talking about a grown up man, doing drugs while a 15 year old is in the same area...THAT really would be a bad person in my opinion. And this is exactly what Aaron is implying. I wasn't even aware of Barack hooking up with Grace and trying to get her to tell 'juicy' stories, what horrible people we have on this planet, my god. Aaron Carter never has meant anything to me, i never thought much of him and neither do i find him talented. In fact...i hated his horrible singles and i hope to god his new album will flop hard.
Aaron never said he saw him doing drugs. that was a "bashir" stunt. BUT he did say the thing about the bedroom and being scared.now no mater how edited the video is Aaron did say that, unless they copy and past the who segment to make it look like he said it. and i doubt that.

i can't understand how this is compared to what bashir really.........

Back