According tothe guardian newspaper ...

Re: AW: According tothe guardian newspaper ...

Yes, the state of her career in Europe is shockingly bad... I wonder how it will do in the rest of Europe... there it will be released at the end of the month!

and that's really ashame.. because an artist of her tenure.. need the UK/European market to sustain sales

Last edited:

Yes, the state of her career in Europe is shockingly bad... I wonder how it will do in the rest of Europe... there it will be released at the end of the month!
I've been saying it a long time ago and people have been behaving as if they want to silence me. Janet as a persona and artist was never big in britain., I can't speak for the rest of europe. Janet, just like 3t benefited from the popularity of Michael jackson. Right from the start she was known as Michael jackson's sister. That was always first in the minds of people, before her music.
People were impressed, but many were saying that she was the female MJ. That was never good for her career here, cause it was taken to mean that she was doing the same as MJ.
However, while Janet had to work very hard for the affection of the british public, it was Latoya that the public was in love with. Latoya was the pin-up girl in britain. janet had to work hard but she never did win the hearts of the british people. Her name was never on the lips of the british public like latoya was, and latoya did it without even doing anything.
I am not surprised that she has fallen off the radar like that.:)

Last edited:
AW: Re: AW: According tothe guardian newspaper ...

I've been saying it a long time ago and people have been behaving as if they want to silence me. Janet as a persona and artist was never big in britain., I can't speak for the rest of europe. Janet, just like 3t benefited from the popularity of Michael jackson. Right from the start she was known as Michael jackson's sister. That was always first in the minds of people, before her music.
People were impressed, but many were saying that she was the female MJ. That was never good for her career here, cause it was taken to mean that she was doing the same as MJ.
However, while Janet had to work very hard for the affection of the british puipblic, it was Latoya that the public was in love with. Latoya was the pinup girl in britain. janet had to work hard but she never did win the hearts of the british people. Her name was never on the lips of the british public like latoya was, and latoya did it without even doing anything.
And that is just so not true! She played 3 Wembley Arenas plus the Dockland Arena and 2 further gigs outside of London on the '95 tour and she played 3 Wembley Arenas plus a bigger UK tour on the '98 tour! She had her successes in the late 80's and early '90s in the UK, but she's been on a steady decline ever since! Of course, she never quite made that name for herself, like she did in the states, but to say she was never big is just wrong! I know quite some UK Janet fans, and most of them are not really MJ fans, they like him, but wouldn't describe themselves as fans of him! Even some elder friends of my Step-Grandmother, who lives in London, knew quite well about her! I was particularly surprised about that! And that the UK public was more in love with LaToya is just total bs! Sorry!

Last edited:
Re: AW: Re: AW: According tothe guardian newspaper ...

And that is just so not true! She played 3 Wembley Arenas on the '95 tour and she played 2 Wembley Arenas plus a bigger UK tour on the '98 tour! She had her successes in the late 80's and early '90s in the UK, but she's been on a steady decline ever since! Of course, she never quite made that name for herself, like she did in the states, but to say she was never big is just wrong! I know quite some UK Janet fans, and most of them are not really MJ fans, they like him, but wouldn't describe themselves as fans of him! Even some elder friends of my Step-Grandmother, who lives in London, knew quite well about her! I was particularly surprised about that! And that the UK public was more in love with LaToya is just total bs! Sorry!
I said her Persona and artistry was never that big and it was true. I never said she had no success. many artists had success and then leave the scene to never be heard from again. I believe if janets last name was brown no body would be talking about her in britain. Oh, I forgot, they are not talking about her now.Janet had success, So did Randy Crawford and a host of other stars who have fallen off the radar. What I am saying is that when Janet was first introduced, she was presented as a Jackson. I think this has been a disadvantage to her cause she was never taken too seriously.
Furthermore, many believed that she was copying her brother cause she was singing and dancing like him. I think the measure of a celebs success is whether people talk about them at work or at dinner table. Janet was never that type of star, it was always about the music for her. Her sister Latoya, who was never known for her music, was far more popular and still get massive audience on tv even now.
PS. Latoya was a household name in the 80's and just about every male pinup girl. I know cause I was there. Janet was never as big here as Latoya was, even when janet had no 1 records.

Last edited:
AW: According tothe guardian newspaper ...

Latoya, massive and popular?? She's the laughing stock of the family! The nutty one! I'd rather have people talk about my music, than about how many times I've been naked on Playboy (of course.... in that departement Janet is getting close in overtaking Latoya ;) and that surely did cost her... careerwise)!

Well, Janet had big success... more than 10 years, so that's hardly a fluke! And they are still talking about her.... they just don't buy her records! I can't help but wonder though, how her career would look today, if should would have brought the All for you tour to Europe! I think it was a big mistake to cancel the european tour! We will see how the new tour will go, if she will come over! But to say Latoya is the bigger star than Janet... laughable!

And well, as far as being taking seriously.... sadly, nobody in that family is being taking seriously as a person anymore.... except Tito, probably... but people still make fun of him! ;)

Last edited:

Latoya massive and popular?? She's the laughing stock of the family! I'd rather have people talk about my music than about how many times I've been naked on Playboy!

Well, Janet had big success... more than 10 years! And they are still talking about her.... they don't buy her records, but still talk about her! We will see how the tour will go, if she will come over! But to say Latoya is the bigger star than Janet... laughable!

And well, as far as being taking seriously.... sadly, nobody in that family is being taking seriously as a person anymore.... except Tito, probably... but people still make fun of him! ;)
Patrick, if you are not going to be sensible I am not going to have a conversation with you. I said Latoya was massive in Britain in the 80's. People knew Latoya because she was Michael jackson's chaperone. She went everywhere with him. So everybody knew her. People did not know Janet. Latoya was famous as a socialite. A celeb by association.,but she was beautiful and charming and attractive and so people liked her. That is what I am saying. She was a household name in britain, as popular as Michael jackson, almost. Janet never got to that level of fame here.

Last edited:
I think one of the reasons Janet has gone down in popularity in the UK is that there are too many other artist just like her.. she is not unique enough....and Madonna.. is the queen of Pop there...then the Spice girls...etc...........there is no room for Janet...she is too 'cookie cutter'....and she doesn't have a voice to give her that edge...

then.. the record company has never really .. honed in on expanding her international appeal...nothing...they just concentrate on the US... and the US market is very fickle...

and sorry to say Def Jam is Mariah's domain...watch Mariah ..will do well with her next release...in the US .. even with that weak "touch my body" song.. which is being played often on urban and pop radio.. where Janet's single isn;t....

However, while Janet had to work very hard for the affection of the british puipblic, it was Latoya that the public was in love with. Latoya was the pinup girl in britain. janet had to work hard but she never did win the hearts of the british people. Her name was never on the lips of the british public like latoya was, and latoya did it without even doing anything.
I don't know about how she is perceived overseas, but I do know that if she doesn't get her butt over there to promote, it's not going to matter anyway.

Also, for whatever reasons, US radio isn't playing Feedback and Rock With You is dropping like a rock, although its her next official single with a video.

However Luv is really catching on in the Urban market. It would appear that someone on her team is making some mis-steps as to what to promote next.

I said her Persona and artistry was never that big and it was true. I never said she had no success. many artists had success and then leave the scene to never be heard from again. I believe if janets last name was brown no body would be talking about her in britain. Oh, I forgot, they are not talking about her now.Janet had success, So did Randy Crawford and a host of other stars who have fallen off the radar. What I am saying is that when Janet was first introduced, she was presented as a Jackson. I think this has been a disadvantage to her cause she was never taken too seriously.
Furthermore, many believed that she was copying her brother cause she was singing and dancing like him. I think the measure of a celebs success is whether people talk about them at work or at dinner table. Janet was never that type of star, it was always about the music for her. Her sister Latoya, who was never known for her music, was far more popular and still get massive audience on tv even now.
PS. Latoya was a household name in the 80's and just about every male pinup girl. I know cause I was there. Janet was never as big here as Latoya was, even when janet had no 1 records.
I think you are pausing words here. Obviously if she once had success to the level of playing the likes of Wembley, then it stands to reason that her persona during that time was equal to her success at that time.

But the question here is whether Janet is on the same level as MJ and frankly, I don't know why you guys do this all of the time. Obviously Janet is not on the same level, but she isn't a one-hit wonder either. You guys should know by now that the media pits Janet's image against MJ's, especially when Janet has a new project out. Do they ask about Janet when MJ has a project out? Of course not.

One of the main reasons Janet doesn't talk about MJ anymore is not because she is bitter with respect to her brother, but because the convo often all turns into a discussion about him. The media knows that MJ isn't going to talk with them and when he has tried, it has been an utter disaster for the most part. So anyone remotely associated with MJ is ALWAYS asked about him.

Quincy Jones can be doing an interview about something that has nothing to do with MJ or Thriller, yet he will be asked about him. If Berry Gordy were to do an interview right now, he would be asked about him. Same for Diana Ross, Lisa Marie, NeYo, Akon, Will I AM and anyone else who has interfaced with the man.

Naturally the media will lay it on thick with anyone who is actually related to the man and given that Janet's career is very visible, they are going to try to go there. And I can imagine that any of these people would tire of having to try to speak for Michael, so they don't.

Therefore, that leaves the media to its own resources. They have always angled Janet as 'the normal one' ~~~ right up to the SB and now they are retorting to that angle again. If you think that we are sick of it, imagine how Janet must feel about it.

I just think that the women is just trying to carve her own way out there ~~ for better or worse, whether peeps like it or not. I don't think anyone can honestly say that the woman bites off of Michael except for the similar way both were trained in the business.

Janet certainly doesn't have the issues of superfame that MJ has ~~~ no other celeb does. At least the Guardian recognized that point.

applause.gif
oh d'aht is goot yah? on-point.

That comment is so true... Today's artists can be very famous and talented but nobody has reached the legend status like MJ has. This usually happens in a very young age, in their 20s at least. MJ achieved that when he was still very young. So Justin and co (unless they think of something really soon) can forget about becoming legends. Maybe in the next years or decades someone will reach again icon/legend status like Michael, Elvis etc...(Prince or Blanket anyone? lol) But NOBODY can replace MJ today (or ever)!
and because of this, things have changed. paparazzi has changed, fame, as we know it, has changed. Now this 'super star' thing has gotten out of hand,.

Too bad it's applauded instead of spoken against.

Because I, for one, am not for this type of fame. I am agaisnt it. And there are a lot of reasons as to why.

Last edited:

Patrick, if you are not going to be sensible I am not going to have a conversation with you. I said Latoya was massive in Britain in the 80's. People knew Latoya because she was Michael jackson's chaperone. She went everywhere with him. So everybody knew her. People did not know Janet. Latoya was famous as a socialite. A celeb by association.,but she was beautiful and charming and attractive and so people liked her. That is what I am saying. She was a household name in britain, as popular as Michael jackson, almost. Janet never got to that level of fame here.
That's his opinion. You can choose to respond...

...or not.

I never knew La Toya was a huge star here! That would explain her name being brought up in alot of the 80s and early-mid 90s comedy shows etc

I think you are pausing words here. Obviously if she once had success to the level of playing the likes of Wembley, then it stands to reason that her persona during that time was equal to her success at that time.

But the question here is whether Janet is on the same level as MJ and frankly, I don't know why you guys do this all of the time. Obviously Janet is not on the same level, but she isn't a one-hit wonder either. You guys should know by now that the media pits Janet's image against MJ's, especially when Janet has a new project out. Do they ask about Janet when MJ has a project out? Of course not.

One of the main reasons Janet doesn't talk about MJ anymore is not because she is bitter with respect to her brother, but because the convo often all turns into a discussion about him. The media knows that MJ isn't going to talk with them and when he has tried, it has been an utter disaster for the most part. So anyone remotely associated with MJ is ALWAYS asked about him.

Quincy Jones can be doing an interview about something that has nothing to do with MJ or Thriller, yet he will be asked about him. If Berry Gordy were to do an interview right now, he would be asked about him. Same for Diana Ross, Lisa Marie, NeYo, Akon, Will I AM and anyone else who has interfaced with the man.

Naturally the media will lay it on thick with anyone who is actually related to the man and given that Janet's career is very visible, they are going to try to go there. And I can imagine that any of these people would tire of having to try to speak for Michael, so they don't.

Therefore, that leaves the media to its own resources. They have always angled Janet as 'the normal one' ~~~ right up to the SB and now they are retorting to that angle again. If you think that we are sick of it, imagine how Janet must feel about it.

I just think that the women is just trying to carve her own way out there ~~ for better or worse, whether peeps like it or not. I don't think anyone can honestly say that the woman bites off of Michael except for the similar way both were trained in the business.

Janet certainly doesn't have the issues of superfame that MJ has ~~~ no other celeb does. At least the Guardian recognized that point.
Mello. The question was NEVER about Janet being on the same level as MJ. The Guardian Newspaper had already dealt with that. The Gaudrian said that the only 2 people that were ever on MJ's level were ELVIS and FRANK'
The Guardian went on to say that only a handful COME CLOSE. Janet is one. I asked the question, WHO DO YOU THINK ARE THE OTHERS.
of course the subject matter has sinced changed, but I don't mind, I am enjoying the debate, and I love a robust and challenging debate; better than sticking to the subject and be bored any day.

Last edited:

That's his opinion. You can choose to respond...

...or not.
I don't understand your response here Mello. I DID respond to Patrick. His response to my post was to take a CHEAP shot at latoya, calling her the 'laughing stock of the family and referring to playboy mags.' I felt that he was trying to score easy points. I told him if he was going to play that game, I would refuse to continue the debate. That was my response to him. I think I was being reasonable.
Now, the reason why I responded that way is that I made it clear that Latoya was vastly popular, IN THE 80's This had to be before the Latoya scandal that took place in the early 90's, so his point made no sense at all.
Furthermore, when Latoya posed for Playboy mags it was World News and EVERYBODY and there momma was talking about it. Indeed it is said to be the biggest selling mags in the history of playboy, so that shows the extent of her fame. Opinions and fact are 2 different things,:)

I never knew La Toya was a huge star here! That would explain her name being brought up in alot of the 80s and early-mid 90s comedy shows etc
Yes, Latoya was huge here and all over Europe. I wouldn't say she was a star though, she was more like Paris Hilton, a celeb with no job. Nobody really expected her to have a career cause she was like royalty, being the sister of MJ and a member of the most famous family in US. The thing is, though that she was built like a model and she was pretty, so people were always looking out for her next wardrobe. If Latoya wore something, every girl was going to get it, so Latoya was setting fashion trends in the 80's just like MJ was setting fashion trends as well. Yes, I think you could safely say that Latoya was the first celebrity without portfolio. :) Her massive fame dwindled when she married that man and then turned on MJ. I think people were turned off and a little disappointed in her.

Last edited:
AW: Re: AW: According tothe guardian newspaper ...

I don't understand your response here Mello. I DID respond to Patrick. His response to my post was to take a CHEAP shot at latoya, calling her the 'laughing stock of the family and referring to playboy mags.' I felt that he was trying to score easy points. I told him if he was going to play that game, I would refuse to continue the debate. That was my response to him. I think I was being reasonable.
Now, the reason why I responded that way is that I made it clear that Latoya was vastly popular, IN THE 80's This had to be before the Latoya scandal that took place in the early 90's, so his point made no sense at all.
Why is that a cheap shot? That's the way it is... nobody takes this woman serious anymore after making herself naked and flip-flopping on Michael! My point is, to call LaToya a bigger star than Janet, is laughable! And you're right... there is no further need to discuss that!

And to gauge the success of Janet as a star, next to the chart stats, just look up her concert schedules... look the size of the venues she played, the numbers of shows she played, where she played and so on... to claim that she only was successfull because she's Michael's sister and never was a real star is ridiculous! Sure, he has opened a door for her... but he also did that for LaToya and Rebbie and look how they fared... or Jermaine! She made a name for herself and of course, she will always remain Michael's sister, because that's what she is! So yes, judging by Janet's worldwide success over the years you could say she comes close.... even though she's still is a couple of steps beneath Michael, like so many artists are too!

Furthermore, when Latoya posed for Playboy mags it was World News and EVERYBODY and there momma was talking about it. Indeed it is said to be the biggest selling mags in the history of playboy, so that shows the extent of her fame. Opinions and fact are 2 different things,:)
Yeah, you confuse one for the other quite frequently! :rolleyes:

Yes, Latoya was huge here and all over Europe. I wouldn't say she was a star though, she was more like Paris Hilton, a celeb with no job. Nobody really expected her to have a career cause she was like royalty, being the sister of MJ and a member of the most famous family in US. The thing is, though that she was built like a model and she was pretty, so people were always looking out for her next wardrobe. If Latoya wore something, every girl was going to get it, so Latoya was setting fashion trends in the 80's just like MJ was setting fashion trends as well. Yes, I think you could safely say that Latoya was the first celebrity without portfolio. :) Her massive fame dwindled when she married that man and then turned on MJ. I think people were turned off and a little disappointed in her.
Huge all over Europe?? Laughed at all over Europe would be a more fitting term! Massive fame?? At being Michael's unstable older sister, which is sometimes confused with Janet? Setting fashion trends?? Like what? Getting naked! :rolleyes:

Okay, I stop now... this is getting ridiculous.... besides we should respect his family... so I won't go further!!

Last edited:

Why is that a cheap shot? That's the way it is... nobody takes this woman serious anymore after making herself naked and flip-flopping on Michael! My point is, to call LaToya a bigger star than Janet, is laughable! And you're right... there is no further need to discuss that!

And to gauge the success of Janet as a star, next to the chart stats, just look up her concert schedules... look the size of the venues she played, the numbers of shows she played, where she played and so on... to claim that she only was successfull because she's Michael's sister and never was a real star is ridiculous! Sure, he has opened a door for her... but he also did that for LaToya and Rebbie and look how they fared... or Jermaine! She made a name for herself and of course, she will always remain Michael's sister, because that's what she is! So yes, judging by Janet's worldwide success over the years you could say she comes close.... even though she's still is a couple of steps beneath Michael, like so many artists are too!

Yeah, you confuse one for the other quite frequently! :rolleyes:

Huge all over Europe?? Laughed at all over Europe would be a more fitting term! Massive fame?? At being Michael's unstable older sister, which is sometimes confused with Janet? Setting fashion trends?? Like what? Getting naked! :rolleyes:

Okay, I stop now... this is getting ridiculous.... besides we should respect his family... so I won't go further!!
Patrick when The Jacksons were at the hieght of fame in the early to late 80's there were no family contraversy. This is what I am trying to say to you. Latoya Jackson fell off the wagon after she left the family home and married that man. That was in the 90's, I referred to Latoya's fame in the 80's before play boy magazine and before all the contravery. Play fair. If you do not remember that period or you don't know about it, then acknowledge that you didn't know. But please. latoya Jackson accompanied Michael jackson as chaperone, even when MJ was on dates. She was a household name in britain. She was massive. She graced the cover of practically ever magazine. Every male celeb wanted to marry her or be seen with her. it was crazy. Please don't insult my intelligence. You know I am not talking about the contraversal period. The story about the Jacksons hasn't always been a contraversal one. And yes, the type of fame that latoya enjoyed in Europe, I have not ever seen that around Janet, even at the height of her fame.

You talk as if you are personally involved with the family or you have something personal against Latoya, well, I am not a fan of latoya's, I wouldn't trust her as far as I can throw her, I think she lied in her book about her parents and I even believe that she lied about much of what she claimed her husband did to her. That doesn't mean that I cannot be objective about her and relate the story as it happens. Latoyas personal issues has nothing to do with this part of her life.

Last edited:
OK, now the question was asked so no dissing my opinion. This person is not a fave of MJ fans but she is a diva legend supreme regardless **SNAP**

CHER

and of course the BOSS
Mrs. Diana Ross

ask any fag and he/she will tell you ... disagree and he will scratch you something aaaawful

now some others that might, could be listed with Michael ...

they seem to slip my mind at the moment. Huh, I thought for sure i would have a few names to offer up *shrug* dag-gum-it-all

Mello. The question was NEVER about Janet being on the same level as MJ. The Guardian Newspaper had already dealt with that. The Gaudrian said that the only 2 people that were ever on MJ's level were ELVIS and FRANK'
The Guardian went on to say that only a handful COME CLOSE. Janet is one. I asked the question, WHO DO YOU THINK ARE THE OTHERS.
of course the subject matter has sinced changed, but I don't mind, I am enjoying the debate, and I love a robust and challenging debate; better than sticking to the subject and be bored any day.

These are your words in your opening post #1: "Janet is one of the handful of celebs who come close to MJ's status.' Do you agree with this and who would you say the others were;"

People have been generally responding to that. Perhaps you didn't pose the question adequately from the start, which is one the reasons I moved it here, because you threw Janet in the mix.

If the question simply was: Who is on the same status with MJ, that is different. If it was: Who, in addition to MJ, is on the same level with respect to having to have such a guarded life?

Then it would have been clear that the topic of discussion was mainly about MJ, as compared to his peeps and the lives that they lead.

Patrick when The Jacksons were at the hieght of fame in the early to late 80's there were no family contraversy. This is what I am trying to say to you. Latoya Jackson fell off the wagon after she left the family home and married that man. That was in the 90's, I referred to Latoya's fame in the 80's before play boy magazine and before all the contravery. Play fair. If you do not remember that period or you don't know about it, then acknowledge that you didn't know. But please. latoya Jackson accompanied Michael jackson as chaperone, even when MJ was on dates. She was a household name in britain. She was massive. She graced the cover of practically ever magazine. Every male celeb wanted to marry her or be seen with her. it was crazy. Please don't insult my intelligence. You know I am not talking about the contraversal period. The story about the Jacksons hasn't always been a contraversal one. And yes, the type of fame that latoya enjoyed in Europe, I have not ever seen that around Janet, even at the height of her fame.

You talk as if you are personally involved with the family or you have something personal against Latoya, well, I am not a fan of latoya's, I wouldn't trust her as far as I can throw her, I think she lied in her book about her parents and I even believe that she lied about much of what she claimed her husband did to her. That doesn't mean that I cannot be objective about her and relate the story as it happens. Latoyas personal issues has nothing to do with this part of her life.
Honestly Dat, Latoya has never been that famous. Infamous, yes, but her career achievements as a recording artist simply is no comparison with her sister and that's a fact. All one needs to do is to look up the stats, that's all.

As far as Letoya accompanying MJ, peeps knew her as his sister, that's all. Peeps may have been interested in her because she was so pretty, but that's notarity in a Paris Hilton sort of way. If she was getting that kind of big up props in Europe for association, then more power to her.

It most certainity was not that way in the states, from my observations of living through that period...

Last edited:

Honestly Dat, Latoya has never been that famous. Infamous, yes, but her career achievements as a recording artist simply is no comparison with her sister and that's a fact. All one needs to do is to look up the stats, that's all.

As far as Letoya accompanying MJ, peeps knew her as his sister, that's all. Peeps may have been interested in her because she was so pretty, but that's notarity in a Paris Hilton sort of way. If she was getting that kind of big up props in Europe for association, then more power to her.

It most certainity was not that way in the states, from my observations of living through that period...
Mello, If you have read my post you will find that I said exactly what you said. Latoya was famous for being a Jackson. Fame is fame, no matter how you cut it. Yes, She was that famous. I knew Latoya before I ever knew Janet. She was a big name and was on all the magazine that there was at the time. I was here., I remember it well. This was at the hight of the Jacksons fame where they were lorded as the american royal family. She was mega famous and a style setter. What ever latoya was wearing would be the fashion for the season. I think the headband became famous because of her too. O do not know what it was like in America, but Latoya Jackson was on the lips of everyone here in Britain. Janet never had that success.
The reason why Latoya sold record breaking playboy had evberythiong to do with her level of fame at the time.

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: According tothe guardian newspaper ...

Thank you! That saves me a long drawn out answer! It also wasn't the case in Europe! Period!

Just to help support my argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avE1...mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40482

AW: According tothe guardian newspaper ...

What exactly does that support! That she knows some celebs?? Big deal, she's a Jackson!

i WAS SHOCKED BY THAT 'WOULD YOU MIND THING'.
I never knew Janets music and I was looking on the web to see if I could like her music and I saw that. I nearly passed out.
I think that the Jacksons are looked upon with much respect here in britain.They are like the american royals and even though the breast thing wouldn't shock us,. the sexualally explicit lyrics would turn people off. :)

You see, I really don't understand that. It's not like Janet is the only artist who puts sexually charged lyrics in her songs...what about Prince? His albums are much more explicit (not that there's anything wrong with that), and he's respected and still as popular as ever.

Somehow, I think the public haven't forgiven Janet for the Superbowl incident, and that's why her sales have gone down. It's really a shame. :no:

You see, I really don't understand that. It's not like Janet is the only artist who puts sexually charged lyrics in her songs...what about Prince? His albums are much more explicit (not that there's anything wrong with that), and he's respected and still as popular as ever.

Somehow, I think the public haven't forgiven Janet for the Superbowl incident, and that's why her sales have gone down. It's really a shame. :no:
Well Prince too paid the price for his explicit lyrics. His music do not sell in britain. He gave them away the last time. Janet paid the price too. Her album came in at 63 and fell to 123. The british just don't like those types of lyrics I suppose.:) I used to be a prince fan, but I couldn't cope with that 'Cream" song. that was too much for me. Turned me off. The british palate is not very receptive to explicit sexual lyrics in their living room.

Last edited:
Well Prince too paid the price for his explicit lyrics. His music do not sell in britain.
it sold and charted well enough throughout 80s, 90s and 00s. his Best Of collection in 2000 reached No. 2 in UK.

he's had 18 Top 10 albums - five of which were number 1. he's had about 20 Top 10 hits with singles.

he's had more chart success in the UK than anywhere else in the world.

He gave them away the last time.
that was a successful promotional tactic that worked well to his favor in gathering the O2 crowd. he just knows good business sense in that album sales are a thing of the past now to focus on.

there was no other reason since the same album charted at No. 3 in the U.S. and his previous 3 albums he released in the UK (2006, 2006 and 2004) charted within the Top 10.

I do not belive that the british fans were offended by Janets exposed breast. We had our own wardrobe malfunction. Also there is bare-breasted ladies on tv and in our newspapers all the time.:)

i presume they were talking about the usa market. no one in the UK could give 2 hoots about what happened at the superbowl it was years ago. and like you said re page 3 lol

Back