Adele's '21' overtakes Michael Jackson in the all-time biggest selling albums chart-United Kingdom

I'm not surprised that some of these milestones are being caught up with now. She is current and has a good voice with REAL singing talent. I don't have any beef or distane towards her just because she has overtaken Michael's UK ALBUM SALES for Bad.

What's the point of telling this if Thriller's still THE BIGGEST SELLING ALBUM OF ALL THE TIME!?
You should buy Thriller & BAD again there guys! It was a way inflating her when she doesn't even deserve it!

This is not a problem, Thriller wasn't the biggest selling album of all time in the UK and it still is the biggest selling album of all time in the world. Just remembering: 100 million copies, so it can't be overtaken in the present situation, only if a miracle happens in the music industry.
But I can't understand why Adele became SO popular. She is so popular here in Brazil that I can't even imagine in the US and in Europe. I just don't get it. I mean, she has much talent but is not the kind of artist that usually goes to mainstream nowadays

^^ I guess it has to do with the weak competition. Really all other music on the charts nowadays is so weak that it makes Adele stand out. I don't think she's as special as she is popular but I can understand why she became so big in the current showbiz climate.

Really?????
gif-animado-gato-lixando-a-unha1.gif

Lets all just buy bad again and piss the media off LOL

That would indeed piss a lot of people of!

Besides, when Bad 25 is released, will those sales add to the sales of the original album? If that's the case Michael has a chance of taking Adele down.

I wonder what the media would be saying in that scenario: Michael Jackson's Bad overtakes Adele's 21?

With the re-release of BAD25 MJ will outsell Adele I think!

08 21 – ADELE (4,020,000)
09 BAD - MICHAEL JACKSON (3,959,000)

BAD25 will sell maybe 100.000 copies in UK alone right?? That is possible isn't it?

Hess;3634766 said:
With the re-release of BAD25 MJ will outsell Adele I think!

08 21 – ADELE (4,020,000)
09 BAD - MICHAEL JACKSON (3,959,000)

BAD25 will sell maybe 100.000 copies in UK alone right?? That is possible isn't it?

Does anybody know if the new sales WILL add to the 1987 sales??

Besides, how much did the 2001 reissue sell in the UK and overall?

I'm i the only person who thinks that Adele's music is extreamly boring?

Yes the re-issue of The 25th Anniversary of BAD will be added to total sales of BAD for Billboard charts
They changed the rules in 2009 so that back catalog releases can be added now.

T25 was added to Thriller sales, so I guess BAD25 will too!

Hopefully BAD25 will sell 100.000 copies in UK!

GodAdele is good, but I've always thought there's been better folks before her, all she is doing is riding on the Amy Winehouse, Duffy path. Nothing new. So NEXT.

I dont get it.....Personally I think she's overrated and she's not an all round performer,she just bores me and no amount of records she breaks is ever goin to change,I know she hasnt really broke a record but whatever lol :p

I don't see the reason why MJ's fans feel the need to put Adele's achievements down, just because it's Michael Jackson's sales she's overtaking. Remember, records are bound to be broken. See Juan Manuel Fangio, he won five F1 Worlds Drivers' championships, a record which stood for 46 years until beat by Michael Schumacher. Michael's records will be broken eventually.

Obviously they bring Michael's name up because he was a huge record seller. He's a reference when it comes to record sales. And the fact that she overtook him it's a reason to mention his name.

What about adele's fans who think becos she has broken Michael's record she is now bigger than Michael and 21 is now bigger than thriller

What about adele's fans who think becos she has broken Michael's record she is now bigger than Michael and 21 is now bigger than thriller

I guess they don't understand this is sales for one country. Worldwide sales she is not even close. No offense to Adele or her fans.

I don't think anyone thinks Adele is bigger than Michael. Also, we all know that the overtook Michael in UK, not worldwide. She's been around for just few years and has only recorded two albums, while Michael has been around for more than 40 years. Before conquering the world, Michael conquered US. If she'll ever be bigger than Michael only the future can answer. I don't think she will be bigger than Michael. She sings well, she has a beautiful voice. I just don't see her being more popular than Michael, because she's just a regular singer. Michael was revolutionary, much like Elvis in the 50's, The Beatles in the 60's, and to a less degree Elton John in the 70's. But as I said, only time will tell. What I know for sure it's one day there will be someone as big as Michael was.

I dont get it.....Personally I think she's overrated and she's not an all round performer,she just bores me and no amount of records she breaks is ever goin to change,I know she hasnt really broke a record but whatever lol :p

Um Adele isn't even a performer. She just sings (a great one at that) and composes her own music.

I don't see the reason why MJ's fans feel the need to put Adele's achievements down, just because it's Michael Jackson's sales she's overtaking. Remember, records are bound to be broken. See Juan Manuel Fangio, he won five F1 Worlds Drivers' championships, a record which stood for 46 years until beat by Michael Schumacher. Michael's records will be broken eventually.

Obviously they bring Michael's name up because he was a huge record seller. He's a reference when it comes to record sales. And the fact that she overtook him it's a reason to mention his name.
Agreed! :clap:

Records will be broken whether we like it or not.

I don't think anyone thinks Adele is bigger than Michael. Also, we all know that the overtook Michael in UK, not worldwide. She's been around for just few years and has only recorded two albums, while Michael has been around for more than 40 years. Before conquering the world, Michael conquered US. If she'll ever be bigger than Michael only the future can answer. I don't think she will be bigger than Michael. She sings well, she has a beautiful voice. I just don't see her being more popular than Michael, because she's just a regular singer. Michael was revolutionary, much like Elvis in the 50's, The Beatles in the 60's, and to a less degree Elton John in the 70's. But as I said, only time will tell. What I know for sure it's one day there will be someone as big as Michael was.

Never that will happen.I dont need to wait to be sure it just won't.

Michael had a huge and unprecedented impact not only in music/entertainment industry but in all aspects of social life and pop culture as well.Nobody ever matched that, not before him not after him.

Not to mention that no other person in this world was ever as loved by as many as Michael was and still is.That can't be matched either.

Last edited:

Agreed! :clap:

Records will be broken whether we like it or not.

:bow:

Just remember everyone the music scene has changed damatically since Michael's hayday. People's attitudes have also changed over the times and generations so musical tastes and buying patterns have changed.

Michael"s name brings attention. I guess that is what they want.
I am not a fan of Adele.....her songs are boring to me...constantly crying over someone..bla-bla. ( no offence to her fans )
The world is different today.
Michael jackson sold so many records , without internet, without social-networks to promote or " like "...Today what matters is how many views you have in YT, you don"t actually go to the store and buy a record , like we did in the 80"es.
We saw the video on TV and we could not wait untill the record was out. We were standing in line in front of the music- shop.
no one can ever beat Michael Jackson , no way. No matter what.

It is really unbelivable how much impact MJ has .
So many singers became singers only because of him. He had talent that was enough for thousands of ppl. And he was one.

Back