Aintree 1988 Appreciation Thread

I'm sorry but... what does bato mean?! :blush:
I looked it up today-it means dude, man, brother-like "hey dude"-or "hey, man"it's used as Hispanic street slang. (I found a lot of web sites with definitions but all of them had this in common).

^^haha, I also looked it up and found the same tbh! But I was like.. really?:brow: All this time I've been wondering and it turns out he was just randomly screaming 'dude' in Spanish?! I had to make sure :laugh:

I think it's "bato" as in "everybody" because sometimes you can hear him say everybato lol

^ I can't get my head around that.

He's sayin everybody, but he's out of breath everytime so he says Bato?!

Frankly, I don't think it's "everybody" just out of breath. To me it does not sound like an out of breath "everybody" and like Tony said it would be odd for him to be out of breath and make the same mistake the same way every time. IMO it's intentional and knowing MJ probably some Jacksonese to make people wonder and come up with all kind of theories like they do here. LOL.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that it's an old English expression that he heard & liked.

What Ho

•exclamatory greeting, like saying what's up or what's doing.
What Ho lads

He isn't out of breathe every time, the could have said that because he could. Personally we are looking a little too deep into this.

Back