Akon covers Wanna Be Startin' Something

sounds awesome. very funky. Maybe on thriller 25.

Cant wait for the full version.

i hope by remixes they dont mean cover songs by other artists like akon :ermm:

Talk about murdering a classic song.

They all need to stay away from the Billie Jeans and the Wanna Be startin somethin's.

^ totally :no:

lol i remember how chris brown was trying to sing thriller at the WMA :mello:

thats so bad its funny. friedmans the only one going on aobut covers/remixes for thriller.

Will.i.am's version was more cringeworthy, but that still don't make Akon's any better...LOL...No-one can get Mike's songs down like Mike can...They should just stay away to save themselves the embarassment...

Yeah me too I hope there won't be a whole load of cover songs on the Thriller 25. I'd like some MJ remixes and new songs.

Oh, God help us all!! I can read the signs...the END is near :O

why? why? why?

It's cool how many samples/covers are going on right now of MJ music. It leaks MJ to a new generation..

HOWEVER: it's SAD how many covers/samples in general that people are using, because it shows how little originality is going on.

Last edited:
why do they try to imitate Michael? I agree, I don't like hearing other's try to sing like Michael period!

Last edited:
Oh ya'll need to give it a rest already DAMN! Let's face it, NO ONE ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH will ever compare to Mike in ya'lls eyes. We ALLLLLL KNOW THIS....

Now, stop with all the "downing" of other artists and their "tributes" to Mike. Hell, be happy that these folks aren't talking ****. Either you like it or don't..............LAY OFF

*Side Note*

Hmmm, that was a bit funky, had ME shakin' :lol:

I need to remind members that this forum no longer tolerates criticism of other artists. Please keep this mind as you converse throughout the forum. Thank you.

We can say if it sucks or not, can't we? Its not really fair if we can't. I mean, I'm just saying, Akon isn't fit to cover that song, his voice just isn't quick enough. When he first came out, I couldn't even tell if he was a rapper or a singer.

And don't ya'll start with that crap that I don't like anyone but Michael and I don't think anyone is as good as Michael, because that's bull. I think there are a handful of singers on Michael's level, and I've named them before and there are others who are extremely good who could conciveably cover a Michael Jackson song and do well on it, but Akon sure as s*** ain't one of them, imo.

Yes, WBSS, you can say that you don't like something, but criticism of other artists is no longer allowed and please understand that it's the rules here. Don't kill the messenger with your reply. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
We can say if it sucks or not, can't we? Its not really fair if we can't. I mean, I'm just saying, Akon isn't fit to cover that song, his voice just isn't quick enough. When he first came out, I couldn't even tell if he was a rapper or a singer.

And don't ya'll start with that crap that I don't like anyone but Michael and I don't think anyone is as good as Michael, because that's bull. I think there are a handful of singers on Michael's level, and I've named them before and there are others who are extremely good who could conciveably cover a Michael Jackson song and do well on it, but Akon sure as s*** ain't one of them, imo.

No one said that ya'll can't give your "opinions" on anything. But when it gets to the point of DOWN GRADING ANYONE and making it seem as though they shouldn't do **** compared to Michael is where I draw the line. So don't put a twist on my words, aight Nicole???!

And do NOT start with your BS about what "we as staff" should or should NOT do or say. WE lay down the ground rules. Don't forget that!!

Now, if you have ANYTHING ELSE to say to a staff member, PM, EMAIL, OR IM her or him.............PERIOD.

I understand its the rules, but its kinda strange, imo, that you can say you don't like something, but to say you can't critsize it is tant amount to saying you can't say why you don't like it. Okay though, I won't argue, its the rules and I understand why, sort of.

And Ja, I wasn't twisting your words or even trying to, aight! lol

Last edited:
I understand its the rules, but its kinda strange, imo, that you can say you don't like something, but to say you can't critsize it is tant amount to saying you can't say why you don't like it. Okay though, I won't argue, its the rules and I understand why, sort of.

And Ja, I wasn't twisting your words or even trying to, aight! lol

Long as we're clear mommaz! :D

Back