Al B Sure Covers Michael Jackson

platinumpapi

Proud Member
Al B Sure Covers Michael Jackson

Al B Sure will come out with a new cd this year after 15 years of no new music. He will cover Lady In My life.

Al B. Sure! Returns With Hidden Beach Debut

Veteran R&B singer/songwriter Al B. Sure! has signed with Hidden Beach Recordings and will release a new album on June 23. "Honey I'm Home" signals the artist's first new studio project in over 15 years. The 13-track CD features the sensual lead single "I Love It (Papi Aye, Aye, Aye)," which is currently available on iTunes.

Revolving around the central themes of love, romance and relationships, the album features 10 original songs written and co-produced by Sure!. His longtime writing and producing partner Kyle West co-produced the single, which also features cellist Tina Guo. Rounding out the set are two covers -— Sting's "Fragile" and Michael Jackson's "Lady in My Life" —- and an interlude version of Sure!'s first No. 1 R&B hit (No. 7 pop), 1988's "Nite and Day."

Cool! I had heard he was coming back on the scene but I had forgotten until this post. Thanks. I always liked his voice.

yeah i heard about this on another forum. he's on the same label as Jill Scott, hopefully we'll hear a similar vibe in the production. will be looking out for this.

first single (has a Break of Dawn vibe):

*sigh*

i saw him in concert once. not exactly the best live experience ever.

but his studio tracks have good sound. i'd be curious to hear what liml sounds like done by him.

I have never ever heard of this guy

But if i have..cant remember him at all! :lol:

Al B Sure! - Nite & Day (1988)

^ mostly known for this slow jam hit:

He's got great songs, if you youtube his old videos...he's very into making the stank Michael face that Michael makes when he sings, except Michael is actually sounding like something...and Al B Sure just looks like he's snarling LOL - but anyway, Al B sings mostly in falsetto so it should be interesting to hear his version of Lady in My Life.

When Quincy Jones did Secret Garden, I believe Al. B. Sure's part was supposed to go to Michael....that woulda been HOT!

^^^ooooh, MJ in his 'secret garden' part woulda been AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

ugh, my friend loves al b. sure, lol. Well I guess she just thinks he's cute, and the video for 'nite and day' is HILARIOUS!! lol

OMG!!!!!!!

I have just heard a snippet of "Lady in my life" by al b. sure on the radio! Damn! he sounds just like Michael! For a few seconds I thought it was Michael. I had forgotten all about this remake. My heart almost went down to my toes. I nearly had a heartattack! Al B. Sure sings in his classic soprano high pitched voice and he sounds so much like Michael in this remake. The music was interesting and seemed louder and more dramatic than the original.

In my opinion, this song will get alot of air play just because he sounds so much like Michael!
It's an impressive remake or at least what I heard of it. I really like it!

yeah i heard about this on another forum. he's on the same label as Jill Scott, hopefully we'll hear a similar vibe in the production. will be looking out for this.

first single (has a Break of Dawn vibe):

Yeah Hidden Beach. I was gonna ask in case I was wrong.

OMG!!!!!!!

I have just heard a snippet of "Lady in my life" by al b. sure on the radio! Damn! he sounds just like Michael! For a few seconds I thought it was Michael. I had forgotten all about this remake. My heart almost went down to my toes. I nearly had a heartattack! Al B. Sure sings in his classic soprano high pitched voice and he sounds so much like Michael in this remake. The music was interesting and seemed louder and more dramatic than the original.

In my opinion, this song will get alot of air play just because he sounds so much like Michael!
Ooh now I really can't wait to hear the remake! No matter how good it might be, if Michael performs the original at the O2, I would probably forget all about the remake and keep on listening to the live version, tho:)

Re: Al B Sure! - Nite & Day (1988)

^ mostly known for this slow jam hit:

Yeah, Nite & Day is awesome.
Probably one of the best slow jams I've ever heard in my life. Real talk.
I like the original album version much better than the remixed one you have here, unfortunately it's no where to be found on youtube.
Anyway, Al B. Sure! nailed it with this classic joint. I gotta admit though, I'm kind of jealous. I really wish Michael would've wrote, produced and sung a smooth R&B song like this. It could've worked on either the Bad or Dangerous albums, giving them the much needed slow jam that they lacked.
Oh well. Awesome song though.

Hollaback.

Re: Al B Sure! - Nite & Day (1988)

Yeah, Nite & Day is awesome.
Probably one of the best slow jams I've ever heard in my life. Real talk.
I like the original album version much better than the remixed one you have here, unfortunately it's no where to be found on youtube.
That's because it's on Warner Brothers, and they tend to block their material. Especially after Prince started complaining about his stuff being uploaded, lol, before that not so much.

Damn! he sounds just like Michael!
Get out!! Lol! I really wanna hear this track!
I always thought Al was trying hard to sound like MJ....some of his moves and everything.
I know he list MJ as an influence so....

Back in the day, when I paid way to much for a 6 year old album, I wore it out!
Thats just how bad i wanted it. 'Nite N Day' was the jam and 'Off On Your Own' was too.

Al B.Sure!, Christopher Williams and Chukii Booker! Woooo!

So the album is out now....as of yesterday.

OMG!!!!!!!

hmmmmm, I heard part of it and I beg to differ. I mean, it's alright- but given the choice I'd def listen to MJ's version, lol.
I don't think that their voices sound alike either. I mean, Al b is doing the falsetto/light voice- but that's where the comparisson end for me.

dang his son looks so much like him. um....offtopic, sorry.

but eww...don't ruin lady in my life. i guess it could work towards the end when mj goes off on the adlibs and all

Here's a couple a videos about Mike was originally supposed to sing Al B. Sure!'s part on The Secret Garden. On the Tevin Campbell interview, it's around 23:30 to 26:28. There's also another interview where Al mentions it, but I don't remember who it was with. It might have been with Questlove too. If it was, then it was when Questlove Supreme was audio only, which would be on Pandora and not Youtube. Those interviews are still up, but Al's is long, around 3 hours, and I don't feel like listening to it right now just to find a part that only lasts a few minutes. 😅

Back