ALERT ALERT MJ Neverland News [check post #1 for updates]

If he wanted to keep it he would have, fact is he hasn't so needless of what anyone says, its his choice and a great move.
at the end of the day we dont know either way. mj owed alot of money on it so the ball was not in his court.

at the end of the day we dont know either way. mj owed alot of money on it so the ball was not in his court.

Yes he did owe alot of money, but if he wanted to keep it he could have, it wouldn't take a great amount for Michael to raise that money.

its always gonna be nevvy and i can never remember how to spell sycamore anyway. boring name lol

you spelled it right.. YEAH.. Sycamore is the most boring name in the world.. it just underlined what Michael did to the place when he came there, he changed the boring name and made it into a fun and magical place with rides and everything you would ever dream of..

Oh I don't belive it.. it was my dream to go to Neverland one day.. I mean Sycamore.. Maybe Michael is growing up, so he will rebuild it as Sycamore Ranch and make wines.. The Sycamore Winery.. visit it on your "in the footsteps of Sideways-tour" NOT!!!

Sorry to repeat myself.. but.. I can't believe it.. it was so close to Solvang.. the little fake-danish town.. the Santa Ynez Valley is paradise on earth

He will never leave Neverland.. what about all the statements he has sent out before, saying that he would not sell it.. it doesn't add up with this..

I never made a longer post than this...

ARGGH

Michael - jeg elsker dig.. :wub:

Jackson’s Neverland Ranch sold for $35 million

By Sam Womack/Staff Writer

Michael Jackson has sold Neverland Ranch to a Delaware-based corporation for approximately $35 million, although the King of Pop retains an interest in the property.

The infamous property north of Los Olivos in Santa Barbara County was transferred from Jackson to Sycamore Valley Ranch Company LLC, which formed in mid-July, according to documents from the county assessor’s office.

Sycamore is a joint venture between Jackson and an affiliate of Colony Capital Inc., a Los Angeles-based company that purchased the entertainer’s $24.5 million mortgage on the property in May, according to a source close to the deal.

I'm no expert, but that doesn't sound like SOLD to me. The mortgage on the property was sold, but the property itself was TRANSFERRED from his sole ownership to a joint ownership in a deal in which he got 35 mil in current equity out of the deal off of the top. Very much like the Sony/ATV deal.

I could be wrong, but when I bought my house, another company bought the mortgage on the property, but I still had ownership. All that meant was, I started making payments to a different company.

Last edited:
Love the theories people are coming up with, they are funny. sort of stuff tabloids come up with. no one knows whats happening at the moment, guess we will soon. in all honesty, it was a great move from MJ, that place has tied him down for a while, If he wanted to keep it he would have, fact is he hasn't so needless of what anyone says, its his choice and a great move. If anyone needs cheering up..................................................
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=BYNoQZ5djUA

Can I also mention that whatever Financial situation Michael was or is in, Neverland never helped it a great deal!

I wouldn't agree with that completely. Having Nevy as an asset came in quite handy over the years when he needed loans or whatever. It was his second best asset besides the Sony/ATV catalog. Like a good ship, Nevy carried its share of weight. Ole girl almost went down like the Titanic tho. :bugeyed Someone upstairs is seriously looking out for Michael. He gets right to the edge and just when you think it's over, it isn't.

I think the Ranch served a purpose and now that chapter has ended. It will serve another purpose now, whatever that may be. But for God's sake can someone get a Priest in that mug, or rather a couple of Priests, to dash some holy water around so the next chapter isn't so bumpy. Catholic or not, it can't hurt. :ph34r:

I could be wrong, but when I bought my house, another company bought the mortgage on the property, but I still had ownership. All that meant was, I started making payments to a different company.

user_offline.gif
vbrep_register("1675178")
well colony bought the loan out in may. this new devolpement is something different.

Yes he did owe alot of money, but if he wanted to keep it he could have, it wouldn't take a great amount for Michael to raise that money.
yeh he could have done some concerts but they cant be arranged in 2 minutes. we dont know what sort of timeframe was going on with colony

I wouldn't agree with that completely. Having Nevy as an asset came in quite handy over the years when he needed loans or whatever. It was his second best asset besides the Sony/ATV catalog.

Neverland was expensive to run and if it was used as to secure loans, that only added to financial difficulties too. how much stuff did Michael buy on credit for neverland lol

I think the Ranch served a purpose and now that chapter has ended. It will serve another purpose now, whatever that may be. But for God's sake can someone get a Priest in that mug, or rather a couple of Priests, to dash some holy water around so the next chapter isn't so bumpy. Catholic or not, it can't hurt

Amen to that. :)

Neverland was expensive to run and if it was used as to secure loans, that only added to financial difficulties too
well thats how things work u need colleteral and the ranch was supposedly used to buy out branca % of the sony/atv. that was a good deal
dont forget the cow money lol

seems really cheap i mean 35m in this day and age seems really cheap , thats like £17m in the uk.
wow , ive seen mansions smaller and in worse areas go for around 50m.

well thats how things work u need colleteral and the ranch was supposedly used to buy out branca % of the sony/atv. that was a good deal
dont forget the cow money lol

Yeah, Mj's finances have never been straight cut lol, I think we can all speculate but hopefully a statement will be released, I wonder if he took the cows :)

I'm sad that the Neverland era has come to an end.

Sycamore Ranch just doesn't even sound right. It's always gonna be Neverland, to me.

...Oh well. I just hope that now they will reconfig and reopen it to the fans.

I wonder if he took the cows
i hope not lol they aint his

seems really cheap i mean 35m in this day and age seems really cheap ,
have you seen the world economy lately. and it was more likey 60 mill as he owed 25 to colony.50 mill for crappy estates? where do u live lol

Yeah, Mj's finances have never been straight cut lol, I think we can all speculate but hopefully a statement will be released, I wonder if he took the cows :)

LOL I don't think he owned the cows...I thought he leased use of the land for grazing to the owners of the cows.

Again this may not be correct and is a copy & paste straight from wiki, but does this all add up?

"in early 2004, news program Entertainment Tonight estimated Neverland Ranch to be valued at approximately $120 million. The Santa Barbara County assessor's office has assessed its value at $96 million, but only for tax purposes. Forbes estimates the ranch may be worth significantly more than that. While sorting through boxes of Jackson family memorabilia up for auction in Las Vegas, Nevada, auction staff members found a 1987 contract detailing his $30 million (or $17 million in 1987) purchase of the land that became the Neverland Ranch."

LOL I don't think he owned the cows...I thought he leased use of the land for grazing to the owners of the cows.

Oh yeah, the leasing of the cows.........................................

The Santa Barbara County assessor's office has assessed its value at $96 million, but only for tax purposes
i dont remember that i remember an incredbily low price being given and everyone going WHAT! when it was releated to the tax liens
you have to remember aswell that mj has become a joint partner so will be making money off the ranch for however long the agreement goes on for so that would always lower the offer from colony imo

Has anyone got the link to the pictures of neverland at night? that person that broke in or w.e to take them??

would be really helpful pleassse

People, do not post photos of Neverland that were obtained illegally thankyou.

This is considered a breech of MJJCommunity's rules.

Posts will be deleted and possible infractions handed out if people do post those photos.

People, do not post photos of Neverland that were obtained illegally thankyou.

This is considered a breech of MJJCommunity's rules.

Posts will be deleted and possible infractions handed out if people do post those photos.

OO sorry i didnt know that

My bad.

1224 LLC
North America - NPLs
Acquisition of a non-performing loan secured by a first priority lien on a house and ranchland in Santa Ynez, California
the above was on the colony site. i presumethats when they bought the loan in may? cant see any news releating otothe sale

Rememba this?

MICHAEL JACKSON SELLS RIGHTS TO BEATLES SONGS TO SONY

November 8, 1995

Michael Jackson, the singer, sold the music publishing rights to about 250 Beatles songs yesterday to the Sony Corporation for $95 million. A new joint publishing venture named SONY/ATV will combine Sony's music publishing division with Mr. Jackson's ATV Music catalogue to create a business valued at $500 million...

He bought ATV in 1985 for about $47.5 million.

This Neverland "SALE" sounds like the same type of deal to me, and Michael still OWNS half.

who knows. i guess we can hope for some sort of statement from colony/mj announcing a deal like they do with big biz.but other than that it will just be spin and talk

Rememba this?

MICHAEL JACKSON SELLS RIGHTS TO BEATLES SONGS TO SONY

November 8, 1995

Michael Jackson, the singer, sold the music publishing rights to about 250 Beatles songs yesterday to the Sony Corporation for $95 million. A new joint publishing venture named SONY/ATV will combine Sony's music publishing division with Mr. Jackson's ATV Music catalogue to create a business valued at $500 million...

He bought ATV in 1985 for about $47.5 million.

This Neverland "SALE" sounds like the same type of deal to me, and Michael still OWNS half.

I agree mike will got 35 million for whatever interest that was sold to them, and now he retains a small amount maybe for future business endeavors

anyway this new company is called sycamore ranch. doesnt mean the ranch is now called that does it? they just needed a title for the company and seeing as that was its previous name that was used.

Back