Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

man...why does this feel like HMH all over again...
but lets not be pessimistic...
i have to breath...and have faith...come on sony..please get it right

Heard it on radio loads now, on heartFM, radio city, radio2.

Come on some one must have idea or heard a bit of what video will be like. I really want some kind of break through video, and this is the song to do it with!!

Terry

Once again, if it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have even known HT was the next single or that it's due to be released soon?! Haven't heard a peep about it anywhere... no mention or play. Totally crap promotion once again. :(

xscape guy 2003;3254825 said:
Heard it on radio loads now, on heartFM, radio city, radio2.

Come on some one must have idea or heard a bit of what video will be like. I really want some kind of break through video, and this is the song to do it with!!

Terry

Have HeartFM played the song often? I can't see it on their playlist or 'recently played songs' on their website.
They refused point blank to play HMH after they premiered it.

'HT' has been played mutiple times on Radio 2 this week (10 that I personally know of), and a lot of those at peak audience times.

'HT' is, yet again, on the Radio 2 'A' Playlist for next week.

I can't see how it will chart though, unless it has a video and a CD release. Has anyone seen confirmation of either?

No I can't see it charting.
All that radio 2 airplay and the song hasn't even cracked the itunes top100.

IF the estate were going to release a video they would have done it by now (unless they've made the same mistake as for HMH in most countries - release it too late!)

This seems to be happening with alot of big artists recently, and I do not understand the logic.

Britney's new song went in at number 6 4 weeks ago, now 4 weeks later its sitting at number 26 and the video was only just premiered today???

Surely the best way to get a song high in the charts is to simultaneously release the Video with the single, because music channels can't promote the new song with no video as was the case with Britney for the last 4 weeks.

bobmoo79;3255016 said:
Have HeartFM played the song often? I can't see it on their playlist or 'recently played songs' on their website.
They refused point blank to play HMH after they premiered it.

Don't think so but I barely listen to Heart anymore after Capital FM expanded to the South Coast. Haven't heard anything on there though :(

0o0jackie0o0;3254810 said:
man...why does this feel like HMH all over again...

It seems even worse if you ask me. There's no information about anything on any of the official sites. It's sad......

I say we go out there and protest against SONY it is time to show them the power of the people. Stop complaining and start acting.

Sony is not a new company to make some stupid mistakes, they did this in purpose.

I don't get it! so the single is already out? or not? why aren't there official dates?
Where are those insiders?

Does anyone know anything about physical release?

Anyone get the feeling that we won't be getting a physical release of this? I think the best chances are CD promos that are floating around on eBay for very high prices. Damn, I wanted that single in my collection... Damn zero promotion...

I'm happy that the broadcast is not here. At least, people don't listen at these mixes. (I even don't speak about the 3 fake tracks).

Love.him;3273114 said:
I actually heard the song on the radio today: Radio 2 :)

I also heard the song a few days ago on the radio where I live =)

It's not impacting the charts at all in any country as far as I can tell.
In the UK it's reached it's highest position on the radio airplay chart at #35. Awful.

bobmoo79;3275239 said:
It's not impacting the charts at all in any country as far as I can tell.
In the UK it's reached it's highest position on the radio airplay chart at #35. Awful.

Well what did they expect, when he was alive, the name sold like crazy, but now thats what they are relying on, and it isn't enough, people just don't search for news on him anymore, and unless people are told, no one is going to know. I remember the days when i'd hear his name 5 times a day or so, just randomly in strangers conversations, sure it wasn't always positive, but still he was so interesting, nowadays i hardly ever hear the name in public. It's sad really :( He needs to be properly promoted, and he ain't getting it, nobody other than the hardcore hardcore fanbase know this song is being released, unless they happened to tune into one of it's rare playings and the DJ mentioned it, but that isn't enough. All that can save it is a brilliant video, which it doesn't look like we'll get.

stop the ngativity

mj is dead.

whatever they do...the success will be limitated.

it's true that they can do a better job but mj is not here and what ever they release, it won't reach the high marks of its career

even when he was here..it was hard lately

the oldest an artist is the difficult it is for him to climb the charts

not to mention when he is dead.

do you know many albums or singles from dead artists to perform well ?

loka;3275688 said:
stop the ngativity

mj is dead.

whatever they do...the success will be limitated.

it's true that they can do a better job but mj is not here and what ever they release, it won't reach the high marks of its career

even when he was here..it was hard lately

the oldest an artist is the difficult it is for him to climb the charts

not to mention when he is dead.

do you know many albums or singles from dead artists to perform well ?

If they can do a better job, then it isn't good enough. Sorry. The main problem is that he is no longer with us. All the other arguments are total rubbish when considering Michael Jackson. When he was hear he sold out the 02 no problem, how many artists are one of the top news stories on all the worlds major networks when they announce some concerts, zero except michael. New music would have been exactly the same, interest was massive. Most older artists have problems, but age was barely talked about when it came to MJ, he was too interesting to be ignored, we all know it. And actually this album is not doing well for a dead artists album, when compaired to other artists of similar or lesser success as MJ's the album is underacheiving. Sure i'm not devasted about this, but this stuff can't be ignored, to just let people walk all over MJ is not acceptable.

Back