"Anyone Notice?" Thread

I didn't notice any of these things. I simply marveled at what was happening at the screen from beginning to end, knowing it was just rehearsals caught on tape. I did anticipate the lean move. But that wasn't shown. It's alright though.
This is kind of like when an artists sketches out story boards. Only this was by far, more awesome. An incredibly rare glimpse at Michael working. You can't ask more for more.

R.I.P Michael...

This does not have to be a negative thread...I noticed alot of interesting things

One thing i noticed was other people in scenes and their reaction to mj..Like people watching a performace ( people on the side watching bow or in front watching bj)..or seeing frank dileo in a scene or the body language of tohme tohme..Watch it observing people around mj..v interesting

I also noticed mj looked like he was trying to hold one of judith breasts in ijcslu..Mj was really getting into that performance and way of singing and using that song...Judith kinda looks there thinking omg lol..But it is filmed from the angle that looks like he is grabbing one of them lol

I noticed a moment in beat it where he was just ANGRY and aggresive which is gd to see...The bit i mean is where mj does thi punching combo..A good uppercut might i add..Nice, he looked like a boxer

The bit where mj is discussing twymmf and i wonder if anyone can hear what mj says...
We'll do a sound check tomorrow night..thats what we need to do...
Then mj says ''but don''t start..something something..(I thought he was saying don't start without me..which is quite telling)

After thriller when they do the pyrotechnics..In the first shot, you see the bacs of people's heads..I am sure mj is next to kenny on the left because you see the fedora...But when they show the faces, no fedora man and mj is not even there !!!!!!!!!!! lol

This stock photo of a graveyard is used in the background during Thriller, which is clearer during Threatened! On one of the tombstones it says "Alberto Moreno" - a left-wing Peruvian politician.

2ymvczb.jpg

I also noticed mj looked like he was trying to hold one of judith breasts in ijcslu..Mj was really getting into that performance and way of singing and using that song...Judith kinda looks there thinking omg lol..But it is filmed from the angle that looks like he is grabbing one of them lol

Yeah, I've noticed this, too! :D

its still boggles my mind that some still cant enjoy what we have been given. they always have to find fault with it just to bitch about it.

It still boggles my mind why people keep reading a topic if it's not making them happy. I really ain't seeing people not enjoying TII or something here. They are just commenting and wondering about possibilities.

I am very happy with TII and I still do wonder about certain details like some users here. Is there a major problem with that? No one is "bitching". I can say that I'm very used to 'bitching' in forums everyday and it has nothing to do with what's being discussed here.
PS.: And the "Alberto Moreno" in the tombstone is the designer of the picture. http://grihan.com/

Tell me if I'm wrong, it's been a while since I've seen it but I think I saw a little moonwalk in BJ. If I remember it was just like one or two steps back but the light was in the way and it was shot from the back so I couldn't really tell. I might be wrong though...

He does do a 3 step moonwalk in Billie Jean, towards the end when 'billie jean is not my lover' is looping before he goes into the dance bit at the end.

Billy Jean: Yes the tree moonwalk step are there, right after the "powder the face" move.

Startin' something: during the "mama se" part just before the beat kicks back in, some dancers are doing some random moves on the ramp above Michael.
But not Timor, he's copying MJ moves.
He does the famous leg kick and then starts the skipping MJ move I always call the kangaroo hop.:punk:

Anyone else hear any other samples?

I heard:

Another Part Of Me - TDCAU
History - TDCAU
Mind Is The Magic - Drill
Ghosts - Thriller
Threatened - Thriller
Why You Wanna Trip On Me - TDCAU

Anyone else hear any other samples?

I heard:

Another Part Of Me - TDCAU
History - TDCAU
Mind Is The Magic - Drill
Ghosts - Thriller
Threatened - Thriller
Why You Wanna Trip On Me - TDCAU

Dangerous is sampled on Drill too

I didn't notice that and I forgot about Bad too.

you know the low "wooooooooooooow" sound, were its like they are holding a machine gun and waving it from left to right, thats the sample

Samples:

Another Part of Me - Jam
Mind is the Magic/Bad/Dangerous - Drill
HIStory/Why You Wanna Trip on Me/She Drives Me Wild - They Don't Care About Us
Ghosts/Is It Scary/Threatened - Thriller
What About Us - Earth Song

Apple Mac laptops feature quite a lot in the film - there is always one next to Michael Bearden's keyboards.

When Kenny Ortega says, "We want some sizzles and some cracks and some pops" for the opening, the clip used is from after Thriller when they are testing out effects.

During the start of The Way You Make Me Feel (with Travis Payne), Michael is wearing a Popeye t-shirt.

During the Dome Project shoot, Michael sucks a red lollipop (most visible in the trailer).

Some observances from the Smooth Criminal vignette! It includes clips from the classic black-and-white films Dead Reckoning, Gilda, In a Lonely Place, Angels with Dirty Faces and The Big Sleep. As he leaves the club (called Break O' Dawn!), he does a body popping move very similar to one at the start of the '88 short film (the part when the music begins from the jukebox). Much of the vignette is quite similar to the original, and the gunfire part appears to be taken from it. When the floodlights lights are suddenly turned on halfway through (just as the man walks shoots the door open, walks through and Michael hides behind the upper window on the roof which he has climbed onto), it looks very similar to around 2:23 in the HIStory album teaser. The blimp behind the cityscape at the end has 'MJ Air' written on - the name of his proposed This Is It ending, with a 3D plane taking off over the audience. Bodydoubles were also used for a few stunts, as well as for other actors from the five movies the vignette uses.

On the making of the Thriller vignette on a framed photo on the haunted house's wall you can see a picture of a a zombie Michael from the original Thriller. After the vignette finishes, on the main backdrop during the performance is stock photo of a graveyard. On the right tombstone it says "Alberto Moreno" - the name of a left-wing Peruvian politician, but the author of the picture.

The mixing with HIStory from They Don't Care About Us is different to the one released just after his death, with more and different camera angles used. Strangely, the added camera angles are unfixed and shakey as opposed to the fixed ones in the original release - but they are HD, have a bigger aspect ratio, rather than SD and window-boxed.

In the original Human Nature rehearsal, when he sings "into the night-time" and the keyboard plays, the camera is on Michael and in the background you can see a cameraman filming the keyboardist. However, in the movie, you see keyboardist playing the section.

You can see scrolling autocues during some songs, most so during the last part of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' (first half of the song, just before the beatbox and Speechless).

His mic was always on right hand side in previous tours, but it was on his left in This Is It.

Last edited:
Body double when they're shooting green screen for Smooth Criminal.
You can see someone wearing the same outfit as MJ sitting in a chair off to the side.

And I'm pretty sure the person jumping throug the glass isn't MJ.

Body double when they're shooting green screen for Smooth Criminal.
You can see someone wearing the same outfit as MJ sitting in a chair off to the side.

And I'm pretty sure the person jumping throug the glass isn't MJ.

Hmm, I think so, too! But on the other hand this is not a very hard stunt!...

There is no question there was a body double during Smooth Criminal.

It is off to the right hand side and you can only see the person for 2 seconds at the most but it is a body double.

I doubt that they would have wanted MJ to have done that dispite it being fairly low key stunt.

It may just be me, but when the person is jumping through the glass before it goes to black, you get a split second look at the face and it does not look like Michael.

There is no question there was a body double during Smooth Criminal.

It is off to the right hand side and you can only see the person for 2 seconds at the most but it is a body double.

I doubt that they would have wanted MJ to have done that dispite it being fairly low key stunt.

It may just be me, but when the person is jumping through the glass before it goes to black, you get a split second look at the face and it does not look like Michael.

Yes, I didn't wanna doubt it that it's a double, I was just sayin' that the stunt is very easy and I think Mike could've easily done it, too! :)

Frank Dileo confirmed in an interview that it wasn't MJ sliding down the bannister and the other stuff - it was a stunt double.

the light man was supposed to fly and come to the center of the stage , then fly again and go out of the stage... in the making of , the lightman looks very heavy and the wires are very big ...i coudn't understand how could something very heavy and with a man inside it fly and land on the stage within minutes !
do u think thia was going to work ?

During Smooth Criminal during the marquee, a blimp with "MJ AIR" is in the sky.

In billie jean where the beat first drop, they just dropped the music over it, if you notice in the back the drummer isn't playing, but in the Dancing Machin extra they show that whole bit without the music on it.

Also in the theatrical version at the end of Human Nature he talks about the lighting, in the version I have it finishes after he walks to the back of the stage.

In Why you wanna trip on me, Michael is on a different foot on the shuffle to the other dancers, hence why that whole bit is shown from stage left and only Michael is in the shot. In fact there are quite a few mistakes in choreography I noticed that they tried not to show. Theres some obvious ones like in Smooth Criminal though still there.

I think there's some footage in there from the 24th.

MJlastnight-1.jpg

Notice the shirt he's wearing in this particular picture from the 24th. He's wearing the same shirt during Earth Song and Thriller in the movie.

Earth Song:
MJearthsong-2.jpg

Thriller:
MJThriller-2-1.jpg

This could be just a mere coincidence, but I highly doubt it. I think certain portions of these two songs were definitely from the 24th.

Also, during one of the DVD features, there's footage of him wearing the same shirt and what looks to be the same jacket as in the first picture.

Last edited:
I noticed it looked difficult for MJ to do the "side walk" maybe it was the floor? it wasn't smooth.. and there wasn't much of a moonwalk either!
but oh well :D everything he did amazed me.

I Noticed that also ! , but maybe it was cause he hadn't done it in a long timeee... IDK im just guessing LOL , but it still looked AMAZING

Back