"Anyone Notice?" Thread

The Thing i noticed most is on what i believe was his last day of rehersals, when he was in the red shirt, he appears to do most songs in different outfits but the red shirt still visable underneath, implying he rehearsed many songs more than once on this day (assuming he didnt wear it more than one day)

WBSS: the suit
Jam: Suit
TDCAU: Suit
Human Nature: Suit and black jacket with white collar and stones
smooth criminal: with the sc jacket & hat, shirt unbuttoned
TWYMMF: with blue shirt over the top, top button done back up
J5: with what looks like a waterproof jacket
Shake Your Body: under the white shirt
IJCSLY: same outfit as Human Nature
Thriller: red shirt worn for first half
Beat it: on cherry picker red shirt is vissable under silver jacket, throughout song silver jacket is on and off
Black or white: red shirt again
Billie jean and MITM: Blue shirt now but tshirt and trousers etc looks the same, could be the same day. Blue shirt also appears in Black or white at the end

Is it just me or does it seem like the whole movie is basically this one day of rehersals with the occational clip from a different day slipped in i.e. orange trousers, gold trousers, there is a short clip in smooth criminal during the first "annie are you ok" line of him in a white tshirt and black jacket, that dosnt seem to appear anywhere else, the billie jean trousers only seem to appear in i'll be there and the guitar solo of black or white.

How come he rehearsed so much on this day, many songs like human nature and beat it, were rehearsed at least twice, and there seem to be a lot of costume changes for seemingly no reason? there was apparantly over 100 hours of footage yet a lot of it seems to be from this one day

The Thing i noticed most is on what i believe was his last day of rehersals, when he was in the red shirt, he appears to do most songs in different outfits but the red shirt still visable underneath, implying he rehearsed many songs more than once on this day (assuming he didnt wear it more than one day)

Beat it: on cherry picker red shirt is vissable under silver jacket, throughout song silver jacket is on and off
Billie jean and MITM: Blue shirt now but tshirt and trousers etc looks the same, could be the same day. Blue shirt also appears in Black or white at the end

Is it just me or does it seem like the whole movie is basically this one day of rehersals with the occational clip from a different day slipped in i.e. orange trousers, gold trousers, there is a short clip in smooth criminal during the first "annie are you ok" line of him in a white tshirt and black jacket, that dosnt seem to appear anywhere else, the billie jean trousers only seem to appear in i'll be there and the guitar solo of black or white.

How come he rehearsed so much on this day, many songs like human nature and beat it, were rehearsed at least twice, and there seem to be a lot of costume changes for seemingly no reason? there was apparantly over 100 hours of footage yet a lot of it seems to be from this one day
Why would he just wear that shirt for one day? :mello: The footage was shot over weeks. He probably wore it, washed it and wore it again. Also, some days they probably rehearsed more songs than other days, therefore more good footage to use.

thriller and earth song are from the last day in black jacket and curls for my girls t-shirt

Why would he just wear that shirt for one day? :mello: The footage was shot over weeks. He probably wore it, washed it and wore it again. Also, some days they probably rehearsed more songs than other days, therefore more good footage to use.

True but the show looks to be at the same point through most of the rehersals, i.e the screen working with that faulty bit in the middle, it didnt look like much time had passed between rehersals, and simply because you dont see michael wearing the same thing more than once :p although i supose it is different when your not in the public eye

80% of the movie is his last two days, June 23 and june 24. Cos that's when Michael was in best shape. They have footage from other days, but Michael did not do much imo

True but the show looks to be at the same point through most of the rehersals, i.e the screen working with that faulty bit in the middle, it didnt look like much time had passed between rehersals, and simply because you dont see michael wearing the same thing more than once :p although i supose it is different when your not in the public eye
That bit in the screen wasn't faulty. It's a door.

80% of the movie is his last two days, June 23 and june 24. Cos that's when Michael was in best shape. They have footage from other days, but Michael did not do much imo

I think they used some of the worst, so they can show more later, but it was stil good ;)

I loved all of it. Its the last we see of Michael but as long as Michael was breathing and actually living I just loved seeing him on screen :cry:

The thing with the same shirt- didn't Michael have loads of the same shirts? I seem to remember something written by a recording studio techie (or assistant of some kind) saying he had a rack full of the same red shirt. Maybe it's something like that?

I don't think it was all the one day but i do agree the movie does seem to be made from only a couple of days of rehearsals, i don't want to think this but it is hard to deny it.

The only thing that bothers me about the film, and its very minor, is the vocals on JAM. They drag a bit behind the music in one part, or they're too fast for the music, cant remember, think its just poor editing trying to sync the vocal up with the live track.

The only thing that bothers me about the film, and its very minor, is the vocals on JAM. They drag a bit behind the music in one part, or they're too fast for the music, cant remember, think its just poor editing trying to sync the vocal up with the live track.

i noticed that too

Why not?? He wore the orange skinny jeans more than once during rehearsals.

i noticed that at one point kenny is talking about the fact he told Michael, he should name the tour this is it. Later he saw that Michael took his advice and named it this is it.

But Kenny told us that the delay of the first concerts was because he got involved in the project too late, if im correct it was around april... So why did they speak about the concert before march??

Like people watching a performace ( people on the side watching bow or in front watching bj)..or seeing frank dileo in a scene or the body language of tohme tohme..Watch it observing people around mj..v interesting

In which scene can you see Dileo or Thome Thome?? Time index?

That bit in the screen wasn't faulty. It's a door.

In which scene did you see that in the movie? You mean the MJ air door?

Also, where on earth did you hear "Ghost" and "Is it scary" samples in "Thriller"? I watched it again but really couldn't tell!

We have to remember that these were rehearsals. Mistakes happen and Michael had not been on stage in years. I heard twice in the film Michael says "that's why we have rehearsals". They all made mistakes or something. Even though they were rehearsals it was still better than I see what artists do today. I can only imagine how it would have been live on stage with an audience.

Out of all the tributes I think This is It is the best one because people get to see Michael being Michael. You see what he was all about and it comes from him.

Michael messing up the IJCSLY lyrics haha it's so cute and typical MJ

and then there is the end of shake ur body lol because when all the dancers AND Mj is suppose to dance together doing the same thing this dancer right behind Mj on Mj's right side (we see it as left side on the screen) instead of pointing to the right like MJ and all the other dancers do this male dancer points at MJ instead..he forgets that they're suppose to dance the same at that point.
NOW that being said, I DON'T CARE that he messes up, it's a REHEARSEL, buuuut I NOTICED it :)

Dont know if its been mentioned but on the Smooth Criminal short film when the camera scans over the Marquee on to the skyline theres a blimp that reads 'MJ AIR' i thinkkk

I noticed that a lot of pix that were taken didnt have any footage in the film such as these pix, never seen these events. Can anyone inform me?

I know this one's for IJCSLY but what anout the next? And what day?

michael-jackson-practices-for-his-l.jpg

xl_michael_jackson_solo.jpg

Back