Are There Any NHL Hockey Fans Here?

Re: any NHL Hockey fans on here

Really? Wow i never heard that.No offense they aint my favourite team but i sure wouldnt mind seeing any NHL team.It aint like we can pick and choose over here lol.

Hey there's a torrent site out there where you can download lots of games and other hockey related material.Anyone who needs a link PM me and i'll fix ya up.It really is an awesome site.

Really? Wow i never heard that.No offense they aint my favourite team but i sure wouldnt mind seeing any NHL team.It aint like we can pick and choose over here lol.

None takin', the Bruins are playing against Belfast Giants Select in Belfast, it's on October 2nd just to let you know. Are you gonna see it live or on TV? Do you have any channels from Belfast? If you don't you may catch the highlight on YouTube.

Carolina Hurricanes and Minnesota Wild are also starting the season in Finland in early October :) I'd love to go watch them play but I think the games were sold out already somewhere in the spring, at least that's how it was when NHL team played here last time. I hope this isn't he last time so I'll have the opportunity to go there some other year.

Yeah and after Belfast, the Bruins are going to Prague to start their opening season with Phoenix Coyotes. I know David Krejci is gonna have a strong reputation since he's a Czech. Krejci's a great player.

:yes: There's some games in Stockholm too, I don't remember who will play there though.

Columbus Blue Jackets and San Jose Sharks are playing in Stockholm this year while Carolina Hurricanes and Minnesota Wild are playing in Helsinki.

I wanna show you guys the first NHL All-Star Game that I saw in 1996 at the Fleet Centre in Boston.

Western Conference All-Star Team
[YOUTUBE]-th24g4YntU[/YOUTUBE]
Boston loves Gretzky even he never played for the Bruins.

Eastern Conference All-Star Team
[YOUTUBE]UKGmdpRdRJ0&[/YOUTUBE]
Boston really love Cam Neely, there was a lot of cheering for Neely during the Skills Competition.

None takin', the Bruins are playing against Belfast Giants Select in Belfast, it's on October 2nd just to let you know. Are you gonna see it live or on TV? Do you have any channels from Belfast? If you don't you may catch the highlight on YouTube.

Unfortunately Belfast is in Northern Ireland so i won't be seeing it live,hopefully it'll be on TV somewhere but thanks for the heads up! :)

Not a problem, it's nice for the Europeons to check out NHL games, NFL's doing the same thing like WWE always do for years. I hope you'll enjoy seeing my team and for fights too. LOL! I love fighting in hockey, I really don't care who fights either Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara or Shawn Thronton.

OMG Jagr really had a hair like that?! :rofl:

Not a problem, it's nice for the Europeons to check out NHL games, NFL's doing the same thing like WWE always do for years. I hope you'll enjoy seeing my team and for fights too. LOL! I love fighting in hockey, I really don't care who fights either Milan Lucic, Zdeno Chara or Shawn Thronton.

Chara is a friggin monster.Senators...keeping Redden and letting Chara go...worse call ever...will they ever live it down? probably not! :(

OMG Jagr really had a hair like that?! :rofl:

Oh yeah, he has one of hockey's greatest mullets, there are others too like Mike Ricci for example.

Chara is a friggin monster.Senators...keeping Redden and letting Chara go...worse call ever...will they ever live it down? probably not! :(

He is huge, but honestly I have to disagree with you, Chara going to Boston is a great move, because the Bruins needs to improve their defense and they got it. You before that, I thought imagine if Chara goes to Boston and it was true.

Oh yeah, he has one of hockey's greatest mullets, there are others too like Mike Ricci for example.

He is huge, but honestly I have to disagree with you, Chara going to Boston is a great move, because the Bruins needs to improve their defense and they got it. You before that, I thought imagine if Chara goes to Boston and it was true.

Oh yeah dude i mean bad on the part of the Senators...I really wish they'd have kept him..awesome for you guys though!

It's not just the players who have mullets, even coaches too, look at former coach Barry Melrose.

And the worst part is that mullets seem to be in fashion again, at least where I live many guys who play football or hockey have mullets :doh: :lol:

Did you hear that Quebec City's possibly building a new arena that could bring an NHL team back there? This maybe a possible chance that the Quebec Nordiques maybe resurrected. Go to the post here http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96099 to vote either the Nordiques to be resurrected or have Quebec get a renamed NHL team.

Let's talk about injuries, you guys ever heard about the worst injuries that happend to players, I heard about a player named Jeff Libby got his eye slashed by another players skate blade. Horrible huh?

Let's talk about injuries, you guys ever heard about the worst injuries that happend to players, I heard about a player named Jeff Libby got his eye slashed by another players skate blade. Horrible huh?

Nasty! Wasn't there a guy last year played with a burst testicle or something? Hats off to him whoever he is! Brings a tear to my eye lol

I've never heard such a story, I know that Phil Kessel once had a testicular cancer and he had surgery for during time he played for the Bruins. Former goalie Clint Malarchuk, got his throat slit by Steve Tuddle's skate by accident and there was blood on the ice it was the most horrible sight. Almost 20 years later Richard Zednik (one the players I hate) almost suffered the same fate.

I've never heard such a story, I know that Phil Kessel once had a testicular cancer and he had surgery for during time he played for the Bruins. Former goalie Clint Malarchuk, got his throat slit by Steve Tuddle's skate by accident and there was blood on the ice it was the most horrible sight. Almost 20 years later Richard Zednik (one the players I hate) almost suffered the same fate.
Was it Zednik who's throat got cut by Olli Jokinen? I remember that, it was horrible to see all the blood on the ice.. :no:

Oh Sami Salo, I don't remember hearing that during the playoffs. I didn't know that he got his testes ruptured like that. That's gotta hurt...Bad!

Was it Zednik who's throat got cut by Olli Jokinen? I remember that, it was horrible to see all the blood on the ice.. :no:

Yeah, that's right. I know it's sickening to see a lot of blood on the ice huh? As much as I hated Zednik, I'm glad he's alive and well today.

Hey guys! Remember this?
[YOUTUBE]OCnhO_AXe1Y&[/YOUTUBE]

Pat Burns, and the day Twitter went wild

b4fbc432.jpg

Reported ‘death’ of former NHL coach eventually debunked

VANCOUVER — Pat Burns didn't die Friday, which was good for him, no doubt, but a tough break for all the people who reported that he had.

Damned inconsiderate of him, when you think about it.

Various timelines have now been forensically analyzed to determine Ground Zero of the erroneous rumour — a National Post probe initially pinned it on CTV Ottawa and our own Team 1040, citing poor Ray Ferraro as the source — but the Toronto Star's Damien Cox has since stepped forward to claim an honest mistake, based on information given to him by Maple Leafs senior executive Cliff Fletcher, a close friend of Burns.

Ferraro apologized anyway, profusely, on the air for relaying bad information to listeners, but if everyone who passed it along on Twitter were to apologize, the sheer volume might crash the site.

Happily, Burns, the 58-year-old longtime National Hockey League coach of the Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Maple Leafs, Boston Bruins and New Jersey Devils, who has fought a long, stubborn battle against three different strains of cancer, called TSN's Bob McKenzie about an hour into the Friday morning feeding frenzy to assure him he was very much alive — and evidently cantankerous as ever.

“Here we go again,” Burns said. “I come to Quebec to spend some time with my family and they say I'm dead. I'm not dead, far f-----g from it. They've had me dead since June.”

McKenzie not only gladly set the record straight, but wrote a wonderfully touching piece about Burns on the TSN website (you can read it here) and within an hour, all that remained of the embarrassing incident was a bunch of media pointing their bitter Twitter fingers, mostly at the unlucky Cox, and saying, “I didn't start it. He did.”

Anyway, the really remarkable thing isn't who lit the fire, but how quickly it spread on this Babe Ruth of social media, as contributors leaped in with both feet to be among the first to retweet the retweets and add a personal note of sadness.

Not too long a note, mind you, just 140 characters or fewer.

What a way to go.

A phone call to the family to verify the news might have halted the wildfire earlier, but no one made that call because the important thing was to get it on Twitter first, and worry about whether it was accurate later.

“What a proud day for Twitter journalism. People tripping over themselves to be first to report a man's death,” wrote ESPN's Scott Burnside. On Twitter.

The day was not without humour. After McKenze's piece appeared on TSN's site, a number of people, including me, raved about it on Twitter. “Best piece ever, Hoser,” I wrote. (Hoser is McKenzie's nickname, courtesy of SCTV's old Doug and Bob McKenzie skits. Don't tell him I told you.)

This prompted a response from wisecracking San Francisco columnist Ray Ratto.

“No it isn't,” Ratto, an old buddy, tweeted me, in a direct message. “Burns called me 10 minutes ago and said, 'Yes, I am dead. McKenzie screwed it up.' ”

As a guy who's made more than the odd mistake in print, some of them beauties, I'm no glass-house resident tossing boulders. Nor is this a defence of mainstream media versus the onslaught of bloggers and Twitterites, especially now that I'm one of them. This particular rumour, after all, appears to have been an MSM production, at least initially.

File this column under Nostalgia, then.

Once, back in the dawn of time, probably the 1960s, legendary New York sports columnist Red Smith described the arduous grind of churning out his daily 1,000 words, which back in the day required coming up with an idea, researching it, then crafting it.

“There's nothing to writing,” Smith said. “All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein.”

If he were alive today, he might have to revise.

“There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a laptop and open a Twitter account.”

Twenty-five words later, you're done.

Remind me never to die on Twitter. Awfully glad Pat Burns didn't.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Burns+Twitter+went+wild/3541882/story.html#ixzz0zpp09400

Very strange news indeed...hey anyone else enjoying NHL 11 as much as me? :)

TSN clicker says that Pat Burns health hasn't improved, but glad to hear he's still alright, those damned lies. I watched him all the time during his run coaching the Bruins.

Speaking of coaches, you know the former Bruins Steve Kasper also coached the Bruins in 95-97? He's the worst coach ever, he benched Cam Neely and Kevin Stevens from a game or two, I find them didn't play at one game I saw on Global TV in 96' when they play the Leafs.

Well no matter. Check this out.

[YOUTUBE]9finYOdP5nA[/YOUTUBE]

That clip is from my Hockey 94' VHS. I really loved that video.

Back