Arklove Is In The HOT SEAT!

ginvid

Proud Member
:hiya:

What's your favorite color?

Do you have any pets?

Have you lived in Canada your whole life?

Which place in the world would you most like to visit?

Re: Arklove Is In The HOT SEAT

Oh yay! Ok...

My favourite colour is green...

Yes, I have two male dogs...A Samoyed/Husky mix named Koda who's 5 years old and an Australian Cattle Dog/Collie/Golden Retriever mix named Zeppelin who's 3 years old :D

Yes, I've lived in Canada my whole life...Born in Ontario but I've been living in Alberta for 4 years now...

I'd love to go to Europe or Australia :D

Hi Arklove :waving:

What is your dream job?
What is your favourite MJ short film?
Healthy foods or junk foods?
Will you visit my Hot Seat? :blush: :lol:

My dream job....hmm....Well, since I'm a nurse, I'd love to become a lactation consultant eventually....That's one of my goals...

Favourite MJ short-flim is Smooth Criminal :wild: It has been since I was little :D

I love junk food, but I tend to enjoy healthy stuff more...

Yes, of course I'll visit your hot seat! :)

What's a lactation consultant?

^^ A healthcare provider that specializes in breastfeeding :D

:hiya:

Is there any meaning to your name?

What are your hobbies?

Can you dance? :lol:

My name is my initials to my full name (ARK) and 'love' is just cuz I didn't know what else to use lol

My hobbies are reading, music, tennis, making jewellery, camping

No, I can't dance :(

I was going to guess that. :ninja:

I didn't know there was such a thing. How did you get interested in that?

^^ Well, I work in Public Health and I've been starting some work on Maternity and Child Health...When babies are born, we offer a home visit to assess mom, baby, weigh the baby, measure head circumference, talk about post partum depression, etc...one of the biggest issues is making sure mom is doing well with breastfeeding and what not and there is a lot of teaching and health promotion in this area....As an extension of this, we have a Lactation Consultant who is also a nurse and she goes through further training and what not to receive her certification in this area...We would refer the mom to the Lactation Consultant if she's having trouble latching her baby, or low milk supply, etc...lots of different problems....She is a wealth of knowledge and she also offers support to moms who are overwhelmed and are going through difficult times in breastfeeding...I would love to eventually do this... :D

Wow! It seems interesting. I think working with newborns would be fun anyway. They are so precious and cute. I think helping moms to take care of their little ones is cool!

awww...thanks LIM! :D

Yes, girls, I love it! You visit them in their homes, and you really get a chance to build a rapport and relationship with them...I love the teaching aspect of it and it's a different part of nursing because everyone is healthy! lol...The dad's are always heavily involved and asking all sorts of questions...It's awesome to see...And, yes, the babies are just absolutely adorable! So tiny! Since I don't have kids of my own yet, I get to have fun with others' babies, and then I can give them back! lol :D

You see a lot of mothers very frustrated and upset because they're having trouble breastfeeding...Sometimes it's just a little latching problem, or sometimes it's much more, like a physical condition where the mother can't physically breastfeed and that's really heartbreaking to see because they are very upset about it and they blame themselves...This is where the support comes in and I'd love to help them :)

Last edited:

awww...thanks LIM! :D

Yes, girls, I love it! You visit them in their homes, and you really get a chance to build a rapport and relationship with them...I love the teaching aspect of it and it's a different part of nursing because everyone is healthy! lol...The dad's are always heavily involved and asking all sorts of questions...It's awesome to see...And, yes, the babies are just absolutely adorable! So tiny! Since I don't have kids of my own yet, I get to have fun with others' babies, and then I can give them back! lol :D

The best part! :lol:

^^ Well, I work in Public Health and I've been starting some work on Maternity and Child Health...When babies are born, we offer a home visit to assess mom, baby, weigh the baby, measure head circumference, talk about post partum depression, etc...one of the biggest issues is making sure mom is doing well with breastfeeding and what not and there is a lot of teaching and health promotion in this area....As an extension of this, we have a Lactation Consultant who is also a nurse and she goes through further training and what not to receive her certification in this area...We would refer the mom to the Lactation Consultant if she's having trouble latching her baby, or low milk supply, etc...lots of different problems....She is a wealth of knowledge and she also offers support to moms who are overwhelmed and are going through difficult times in breastfeeding...I would love to eventually do this... :D

^ Wow! I work in maternity.. I check babies hearing ( Newborn Hearing Screener ) But I have just applied and have an interview on Tuesday for Maternity Support Worker :wild:
I am sooooooo excited! I would have loved to of been a midwife so to me this is next best thing!

___

Do you drive?

If yes, what car do you drive? If no, what car would you like to drive if you could?

^ Wow! I work in maternity.. I check babies hearing ( Newborn Hearing Screener ) But I have just applied and have an interview on Tuesday for Maternity Support Worker :wild:
I am sooooooo excited! I would have loved to of been a midwife so to me this is next best thing!

___

Do you drive?

If yes, what car do you drive? If no, what car would you like to drive if you could?

Oh wow! Good luck with that! Hope you score that one! What would you be doing exactly as a Maternity Support Worker?

Yes, I drive...I drive a Volkswagen Jetta :D

:waving: Arklove!

Can you speak French? (I know in Quebec speak that language)

What's your favorite Canadian dish?

No, I don't speak French...French is spoken all over the country, though...I understand some of it, and I learned it all through school up to highschool, but I'm very limited in the language..

hmm....favourite Canadian dish...I'd have to say French-Canadian meat pie..or 'tourtiere' ....We eat them mostly around Christmas, and I will usually make about 10 of them, and freeze them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourti%C3%A8re

Oh it is tasty! I'm craving some right now :hungry: I still have several in my freezer :wild:

Favourite movie...wow, I love a lot of movies, I don't think I can just pick one....lol....I love Dirty Dancing...that's one of my absolute favourites...Forrest Gump, too...any Disney films..especially Aladdin...I also love Dumb and Dumber...:lol:

If you could have any special magic, what would it be?

If you had three wishes, what would you wish?

What is your greatest strength?

What is your worst weakness?

If you could predict the future, what would you do with that knowledge?

Is your favorite time the past, present or the future?

17. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

Last edited:
I love other artists, but Michael is the one I wish I had known. :wub:

One more question: Which part of the body of Michael do you think beautiful/sexy? :naughty: Mike Jr. is an invalid response. -_- :fear:

oh boy... :lmao: :hysterical: :rofl:

arky is all about mike jr... :hungry:

^^ hahahaha..Invalid??? Not fair! :lmao:

Well, my fave part is his smile...Melts me everytime :wub:I'm a sucker for a man's smile, period...Once I see a smile I adore, I can't stop thinking about it :girl_in_love:
@ginvid, I will answer your questions, but I need to think about them more, so I'll get to them when I get home from work :D

Back