Auction of Jackson Family Items Begins Tomorrow, Runs 10 Days Through September 19

Many items don't have full contents descriptions or photos, and most of the 'multiple item' lots will cost more to post overseas than they are worth. I can't see many overseas buyers participating......
I wonder why they didn't include more photos, or split lots into post-able groupings? (or even indicate how much some of the larger lots weigh)

This sounds like that show where you buy the contents of a storage locker, but you don't really know what exactly is in it. Is this something like that where you gamble that what you buy in a lot will have some valuable things in it?

Many items don't have full contents descriptions or photos, and most of the 'multiple item' lots will cost more to post overseas than they are worth. I can't see many overseas buyers participating......
I wonder why they didn't include more photos, or split lots into post-able groupings? (or even indicate how much some of the larger lots weigh)

It's very badly done. who sells a file cabinet or 35 boxes with no information given? you would expect more detailed information about the contents or every item listed separately. This way I don't see it bringing much money. But then again perhaps there's nothing of value hence why the vague listings.

I had thought about bidding on one of the filing cabinets of business documents - in the hopes that there might be MJ signed contract etc in there - but then I thought it would probably cost more to ship the whole metal file cabinet than winning the lot.

This sounds like that show where you buy the contents of a storage locker, but you don't really know what exactly is in it. Is this something like that where you gamble that what you buy in a lot will have some valuable things in it?

Yep, this sale sounds just like Storage Wars, lol!

StorageWarsDavesback2014_zpsa0ae374e.jpg

^^They should just call it "Auction Wars" then. Ivy would have gotten a cabinet and then with anticipation open the doors to find tah dah......

The real question is, who the hell in their right mind would put their sex toys in a storage where any stranger can see them?

if they paid their debts no one would have seen them. Only reason some strangers have access to such items is because they didn't pay their debts and their property got seized.

Okay, this may just be me...

Let me start with asking, ('cause there could be this) is there some legally certified list from the initial seize of the Jackson's storage space when Mr. V attained the contents to satisfy that debt?

This auction is describing many of the items as being regular household things. True? So everyday household items have nothing visually about them to positively connect them to an individual. A container of scotch tape owned by me might very well look like scotch tape owned by thousands out there...what identifies my scotch tape dispenser as being mine? What keeps these folks involved here from planting a tape dispenser from anywhere and claiming it belonged to any one of the Jacksons?

Whenever I detect something that falls in the category of sensationalism...well, it gives me pause.

~ La Toya Jackson's sex toys ~

Now I know at one time there was a gadget quite popular that could print out labels. Some people could get quite carried away with their label makers.

Do you think La Toya had one of those and labeled all of her sex toys? Maybe she was concerned someone might steal or mix up her sex toys with their own, you know, like how when little ones are at pre-school and each child has their own cubby or shelf...don't their moms conscientiously put labels on all their child's belongings. I think peeps might even do that at the neighborhood gym.

Think La Toya did that? I can see her not wanting anyone else ending up using her sex toys. Ya know, pretty personal stuff...

I'm not sure, because I haven't been following closely, what dates we are talking about and when were the items actually in the hands and being used by their original owners? Before La Toya was whisked away by Jack Gordon, she was living at home being quite the devout JW. The only people she ever mingled with were other JW's. Where is she coming across the know how to acquire secretly these "toys" while living in Katherine's house?

If these items could be after the time she left with Gordon, I don't think any items she acquired after that would have ended up in that storage...she was not connected with the other Jacksons. Do you think she would have sent home stuff with instructions for a family member to go place them in that same storage space? Maybe she had an affection for that storage space by this time and couldn't imagine keeping her personal items at any other storage unit...even if it meant a lot of $ in shipping and hassle as she was being yanked all over the other side of the world and country by Gordon...

I'm not saying this claim can't be true, but it sure doesn't line up to me.

I would like it to make more sense to me before I swallow it.

Okay, this may just be me...

Let me start with asking, ('cause there could be this) is there some legally certified list from the initial seize of the Jackson's storage space when Mr. V attained the contents to satisfy that debt?
Ha-I could not agree more. I thought the same exact thing when this story broke-LaToya's sex toys and Janet's bras. How in the world would they know that. I was visualizing the girls marking them up with a magic marker or something-the label maker is also a good idea.
This whole thing is just crazy.
I can't imagine anyone bidding on this.

Before it was said the sex toys belonged to Janet, now I am seeing here that they belong to LaToya? Oh well, as said there are no identifying marks on them.

Im shocked she even knows about such things. Ewww

:lmao: I'm not! People that are raised in devoutly religious households (and are taught that sex is "dirty" and forbidden unless you're married) tend to be the most curious about it. Don't forget they were also in Hollywood, which isn't repressed about anything, especially sex, drugs and Rock & Roll, lol! She could have gotten info about the toys from friends, you name it.

I'm sure many have heard the old innuendo about the preacher's daughter being the biggest freak (as in Rick James-speak, Superfreak). Even before they got to Hollywood, Katherine was pregnant ever other year or so and in that tiny little house in Gary, I'm sure she heard them.

@Lisha & Barbee

I think all these items were packed boxed by owner of the content.
See this photo of boxes: http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/Extensive_Collection_of_Jackson_Family_Relics-LOT14308.aspx
and this one
http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/Jackson_Family_Miscellaneous_Personal_and_Business-LOT14368.aspx
Many of the boxes were written in different marker, which makes me believe that members of the family themselves wrote whats in them or to whom it belonged when they were putting away stuff that they didn't need. Then there is other labels and stickers attached later.
Btw, I see box labelled as Dee something. Taj should put the bid in to get his mother stuff back as the price of the whole lot is at the moment Current Bid: $334.

As for sex toys being said that they belong to Latoya. Possibly those items could have been in the box that Latoya marked as hers.I think it is safe to assume that it defo belongs to one of the women in the house:D
Latoya is most obvious choice for owner. She was doing coming out on her own before she moved out from Havenhurst? Who knows that when Latoya stormed out of Havenhurst, KJ or someone else went to clean her room and packed everything in the boxes and put her name on top?

As for timeline, Vaccaro got court order to open storage in 1999, so everything in the storage was stored before 1999. More info here: http://mjandjustice4some.blogspot.ie/2011/02/vaccaro-jackson-communications-inc-and.html

I guess we know more when Vaccaro comes up with his book
749778384.jpg

Note, there is one box sold as Jackson business journals
http://www.gottahaverockandroll.com/Jackson_Family_Business_Journals_-LOT14303.aspx
Top of the pile is Mickey Mouse safari club book:D

Last edited:
Okay...let me try to picture how this all went down.

I still don't know the time frame for sure, but let's assume this was while La Toya was living under conservative Katherine's roof.

A family member knocks on, at this point, rather naïve, and sheltered, La Toya's bedroom door.

"Hey, Toy, were getting some stuff together and taking a load over to our Storage Space...got anything you want to include?"

La Toya, thinks for a moment, then blurts out, "Yes, actually, I think I do, hold on!" She sees a box and starts putting things that are of the type that she might not need for quite awhile and doesn't need them to be on hand or readily accessible, but she doesn't exactly want to toss them in the trash yet...she may need the item at some point in the future or they may have some sentimental meaning to her...(isn't that what goes through a person's mind usually when they are deciding what to put away in storage?).

So she puts several things in "her box' which she has labeled very clearly so no one can make any mistake, "La Toya Jackson." Before she closes it she remembers,

"Oh, my sex toys! I'm not ready to throw them away yet...I may need them again one day...I have sentimental feelings regarding them, but I won't be needing them for quite awhile (how she determines this, I'm not sure) so perfect, in they go, in a box that will be among other boxes from several other family members who will all have access and could get curious one day when seeing my box, and open it and find my sex toys...oh well...I'll be unlike most people who if they have sex toys in a household where that would appear shameful, will think it's just fine and dandy, I won't take pains to keep them somewhere where no one will discover them or could connect them to me...nah, I'll be out of character..."

Meanwhile, family member knocks on Michael's bedroom door,

"Hey, Mike, got anything for the storage unit?"

Michael looks around the room and spies a pair of soiled Fruit of the Loom size 32 tighty whiteys and scoops them up and "rubber band style" shoots them over to the waiting "items collector" at the door. He adds,

"Make sure now you get them in a box labeled clearly as Michael Jackson's personal stuff..."

Ya know, I'm not buying it.

What I can picture is the kind of effort in strategy these characters would take to create interest in the items they are hoping to sell. Thex thells. Janet's bra would get attention, MJ's underwear would lift an eyebrow. Sex toys...oh baby...

My question is what is keeping these operators from adding in items and claiming they found them among the stuff and that they could tell this or that item belonged to this or that Jackson?

Maybe there was turned in and verified with the court back when this initially came down an accurate, not tampered with inventory list. If that exists and it says among the stuff found was this or that, and no one before then tampered/or added to the collection, then great. Truth is truth. What was really found there when the storage place first was gone through...that's truth. Doesn't mean we can get to that truth.

At this point we have no idea what truly is what or what. That's all I'm saying. Why be so willing to believe what feels like sensationalism?

Last edited:
My question is what is keeping these operators from adding in items and claiming they found them among the stuff and that they could tell this or that item belonged to this or that Jackson?

Maybe there was turned in and verified with the court back when this initially came down an accurate, not tampered with inventory list. If that exists and it says among the stuff found was this or that, and no one before then tampered/or added to the collection, then great. Truth is truth. What was really found there when the storage place first was gone through...that's truth. Doesn't mean we can get to that truth.

At this point we have no idea what truly is what or what. That's all I'm saying. Why be so willing to believe what feels like sensationalism?

I disagree that there's sensationalism here. These items are known for a very long time and have been the topic of several lawsuits and several (cancelled) auctions. There's at least inventory of MJ related items - which aren't really a part of this auction.

Boxes might not be clearly labelled but it is easy to guess who some items belonged to and some Jacksons already acknowledge the items.

A short recap : Storage was I believe in Tito's name and majority of the household items belonged to Tito, Dee Dee and 3T. Like I said there have been a lawsuit about it before and Taj Jackson only a week ago confirmed most items are his mother Dee Dee's. The storage also had old performance items they don't use anymore - hence all that clothing, wigs, bras and probably even underwear. Business materials are clearly labelled, there's no mistaking that a Joe Jackson signed Jackson Entertainment check is from Jacksons. As for size 28 underwear it's kinda easy to determine they probably belong to Michael given no one else in the Jackson family is that size. And again it could have been simply left there with the old performance materials they didn't use anymore. As for the sex toys I don't think anyone knows who they belong to. Previously it was said to belong to Janet. Given the nature of the toys I would think it's safe to assume they belonged to a female and only females in Hayvenhurst was Latoya, Janet and Katherine so take your pick I guess.

Also fyi - both underwear and sex toys and several other stuff were taken by Sneddon and recorded/photographed during 2005 trial.

Last edited:
Perhaps sensationalism is the wrong word in this instance, but I am meaning that these items and the mention of who they are connected with is to incite interest in this present auction (and took place for past auctions, too).

I was aware of there being boxes of old performance clothes and agree that bras and underwear could logically be apart of that. Size 28? (Wow, if MJ's, he must have put on some weight by the time the Dangerous recordings were going on) ;)

So you think it's not so hard to swallow that sex toys could be among all these things and there is some logical reason why someone would have their sex toys placed in this storage unit? That must be a curious story. o_O

And you feel there is enough past mention of these items to believe it's credible and there was no hanky panky of claiming certain items were there when they weren't but in fact added later?

Sneddon, well, can he be viewed as being consistently ethical in the handling of evidence? Do we trust him 100%? Wasn't there something about "tampered" evidence regarding him in the 2005 trial?

Ivy, I hope you know that I do realize all information we have been given, including about the bras, underwear and sex toys, could be true, but I don't just automatically accept they are true based on what I have come across so far. You are so much more aware than me of all these legal things that have gone on for a while now, and you have good recall. :)

I just don't want to believe something automatically, especially if it is derogatory about someone else and there is a chance that people are lying for their own gain.

btw, I had known about Taj's recent tweet...and I am sad that he can't go through the things and keep the items that were his mom's...but legally, he can't. That is when I suspected for the first time that the storage unit might have been more in association with Tito.

It certainly is a balance between assimilating the facts that can be known and not trusting everything at face value. Not easy in the MJ World.

EDITED to add one more train of thought:

ivy said:
Given the nature of the toys I would think it's safe to assume they belonged to a female and only females in Hayvenhurst was Latoya, Janet and Katherine so take your pick I guess.

It is possible that the sex toys ended up there because they were nothing more than a part of a joke. Awhile back I watched an interview with Jennifer Lawrence on Conan, and she told an embarrassing story involving sex toys. She was staying at a hotel and was given them as a prank, and when she was going to leave the hotel room for a while she thought she better "hide" them so no one would discover them and connect them with her. This is what I was trying to explain earlier as being the typical way one would be regarding sex toys. As it often is, though, what is hidden is brought out into the open. Jennifer ended up having a cheeky hotel maid who, when tidying up the room, discovered the items under the bed and couldn't resist to bring them all out in the open in a nice neat row on the bed side table for Jennifer to see on her return.

Jennifer took that opportunity on Conan to assure all that they were not hers, but part of a joke! The hotel maid, however, no doubt made the assumption that because they were under Jennifer's bed that Jennifer must be the one who purchased them for herself and intended to use them.

So maybe I don't necessarily need to choose between Katherine, La Toya, Janet, or any other female Jackson, as being the ones owning and using those items. They could have been nothing more than part of a joke.

Also, those ol', now infamous, after all these posts, sex toys could have been part of an inside joke solely between Tito and the brothers and no females were involved at all...who really knows...

It's the assumptions that get us into trouble. "In trouble" meaning we could be assigning something unfairly to an innocent party. I don't wish to do that, you see, although often there are cases where it does end up being exactly as it is looking.

Last edited:
Lisha-I agree with you. And I enjoyed your story about how these items came to be in the storage locker-that's pretty much how I was picturing it as well. These all may very well be properly inventoried, etc. and I'm sure the things like the tapes and file cabinets are, etc. But that whole press piece was written in a sensational manner-we associate Janet with "sexy" album covers-so the bras are hers. We associate La Toya with the Playboy shoot, so the sex toys are hers. Etc. Just to get the price up, I think.

And it does make sense that someone would give those to La Toya as a joke at a party-if they are hers-since she was so shy and reserved at that time.

I had heard the story about Sneddon getting evidence from Vacarro-so this is it? Then he just returned it back to the storage locker? Sneddon is so odd.

Lisha-I agree with you. And I enjoyed your story about how these items came to be in the storage locker-that's pretty much how I was picturing it as well.

You, too, were picturing MJ shooting his tighty whiteys towards the door? What are the odds!!? lol.

-we associate Janet with "sexy" album covers-so the bras are hers. We associate La Toya with the Playboy shoot, so the sex toys are hers.

Yes, that was what I was thinking...those associations were being played with.

Lisha, I think you didn't read to link I posted earlier. There were 2 storages, Tito's and KJ's that Vaccaro got his hands on. I don't know for sure, but I assume when these storages were listed in bankruptcy court, they had to have someone official there to do the listing what was in the storages? If you think Sneddon put something in there, don't you think he would out something more criminating than sex toys that are clearly meant for women:D
Secondly, if you think these items are not necessary belong to Jacksons, why do you think they wanted to stop the sale, MJ and Janet put up the fight to get their stuff back? KJ struck a deal with Mann and Mann gave some items back to KJ that were considered embarrassing to her and Joe.
Here is another link about Vaccaro and how he came to "own" these storages
http://muzikfactorytwo.blogspot.ie/2011/03/katherine-jackson-howard-mann-whole.html

Note, this sale was mostly old clothes and other stuff, but there is more stuff in Mann's possession.

Back to Latoya's sex toys, sorry Elusive:D
My possible scenario is that when Latoya moved out, she only took with her what was necessary, and after while somebody (KJ?) went to her room to empty it from her stuff and found that thingy and put it in the box with other stuff and stored them aways two her storage facility that she paid rent $650/month.
If you don't think it is Latoya's, do you think its KJ's or Janet's?
I think it is Latoya's because if this auction house would have wanted to make more money, they would have put Janet's name to it as her name sells more than Latoya's.
That thing got only 4 bids, but if they had put it under Janet's name, I'm sure her fans would have scooped it in no time and paid tons of money for it:hysterical:

"You, too, were picturing MJ shooting his tighty whiteys towards the door? What are the odds!!? lol."

Funny:giggle:
There were socks and swimwear too, not just undies. I don't know what is it with Jackson's, usually people throw out old socks and underwear, and other clothes could have been given to salvation army or similar, but these ones stored them:D

Ps, what a great topic we have, made me laugh to even think about how those items ended up in storage, and what made me laugh even more the thought of what this person who won the bid for this questionable item, is going to do with it:giggle:
Put is in the class display cabinet with tag "Latoya Jackson sex toy" and shows it proudly to all friend and family who visits:lmao:

Last edited:
but I am meaning that these items and the mention of who they are connected with is to incite interest in this present auction (and took place for past auctions, too).

don't worry about it because the mention of "Jacksons" name hardly raise any interest both in this and the past auctions. and it's not about Jackson's popularity, it's about items nature. If you looked most of them are in every day item nature, not clearly identified as who they belong to and excuse my language almost looks like a garage sale. So in the past no one bid on these items as well, currently it's not expected to bring much money either. So don't worry about anyone adding their own random stuff to the mix and making millions, it ain't gonna happen.

So you think it's not so hard to swallow that sex toys could be among all these things and there is some logical reason why someone would have their sex toys placed in this storage unit? That must be a curious story. o_O

a lot of people put a lot of stuff in storage units. I have a storage unit with baby clothes, barbie dolls, night gowns, household items etc. Would it look like a weird collection of items to some, probably. But I find nothing "curious" in it. Same goes with the sex toys. How is it having sex toys in a storage any different than having sex toys in your room? or do you think sex toys cannot be stored and must be thrown away.

And you feel there is enough past mention of these items to believe it's credible and there was no hanky panky of claiming certain items were there when they weren't but in fact added later?

Honestly seeing conspiracy in everything is becoming quite annoying to me. and in this instance like I said you have a history of these items going back to decades, seizing of the assets, bankruptcy proceedings, multiple lawsuits with Michael, Janet, other Jacksons, cancelled auctions, partial lists and so on.. So yeah I see it as credible as it would get. US Marshals seizing the assets, vibrators being mentioned over a decade ago, multiple Jacksons claiming ownership of the items. So I guess the question is what else do you need or expect? Janet signing "this is my vibrator Janet"? Or is that even realistic?

Sneddon, well, can he be viewed as being consistently ethical in the handling of evidence? Do we trust him 100%? Wasn't there something about "tampered" evidence regarding him in the 2005 trial?

This isn't about Sneddon and you missed my point. Over a decade ago Vaccaro invited Dimond to his storage and Dimond found the size 28 underwear, she later called Sneddon and he searched the storage room. He removed the underwear, sex toys, picture of Michael with a boy on his lap, MJ's handwritten note to Dee Dee and some other items. These were documented and recorded in that trial. My point was there's a decades old record about those sex toys so it's not something that's being added now. Given that all the items removed from the Vaccaro storage ended up being useless and not used in court, I would conclude "tampering" to be not present in this situation.

I just don't want to believe something automatically, especially if it is derogatory about someone else and there is a chance that people are lying for their own gain.

derogatory? do you think an adult male or female having sex toys is derogatory? I don't. Or bras and underwear? To me that's just natural.

That is when I suspected for the first time that the storage unit might have been more in association with Tito.

That's a fact, one of the units were leased under Tito's name and like I said decades ago there have been a lawsuit / claim about some items belonging to 3T (and Dee Dee).

It certainly is a balance between assimilating the facts that can be known and not trusting everything at face value. Not easy in the MJ World.

While I would normally agree with this statement, I would disagree with it this time given the long history (even legal history) of the items mentioned here.

It's a fact that Jacksons owed Vaccaro money, it's a fact that they didn't pay it. It's a fact they declared bankruptcy, it's a fact that Vaccaro had Jackson assets seized. Bankruptcy didn't include all of the Jacksons - mainly Michael, Janet and Latoya. It's a fact that during bankruptcy hearing Michael and Janet made oppositions about their items being taken - hence confirming the storage unit had items belonging to them. Judge ruled Vaccaro cannot take items belong to Michael, Janet and Latoya but a second sale allowed him to take them too. Like I mentioned before Jacksons did try against the items being seized. Oxman did a legal claims in behalf of 3T saying items belonged to them hence shouldn't be a part of bankruptcy. Taj Jackson to this day confirms majority of items belonging to them / his mother. Other Jacksons also confirmed the items belonging to them but not valued much ($20,000 total) and did attempts to get some items back - but failed. Michael made offer to buy some of the items. In a second lawsuit by Janet and Michael, both given access to the storage room and that case ended with a confidential settlement that allowed Michael and Janet to take some items that belonged to them (which I believe wasn't completed I believe). Janet got a court protective order about contracts with her social security number. Michael sued but did not follow through and Michael's Estate sued and won that Michael maintained copyrights to the photographs and master recordings and while Vaccaro legally owns the physical copies these items cannot be released without Estate's permission.

Anyone that knows me knows how vocal I have been about Vaccaro and Mann in the past, and how I mentioned Vaccaro's interaction with Sneddon so I don't like them a bit. But looking to the history of these items does confirm that the items belong to the Jacksons and they acknowledged that in multiple lawsuits / claims/ complaints. So I guess I'll repeat my question that what else do you need in regards to confirmation or being "Credible"? You talked about "assumptions get us into trouble" but the only assumption comes from you that the some items might not belong to Jacksons. Jacksons themselves never claimed such things, they never denied the items. So aren't you the one that's making an assumption based on what you think and nothing else?

I had heard the story about Sneddon getting evidence from Vacarro-so this is it? Then he just returned it back to the storage locker? Sneddon is so odd.

Vaccaro invited Dimond to his storage room. Dimond saw the underwear, called Sneddon, Sneddon searched the storage room, removed some items, some were DNA tested, nothing was found, nothing was used. After the trial Vaccaro filed a motion to ask the items returned to him and they did.

Here's a whole motion about it : http://www.sbscpublicaccess.org/docs/ctdocs/021505motretpersnlprp.pdf

Lisha, I think you didn't read to link I posted earlier. There were 2 storages, Tito's and KJ's that Vaccaro got his hands on. I don't know for sure, but I assume when these storages were listed in bankruptcy court, they had to have someone official there to do the listing what was in the storages? If you think Sneddon put something in there, don't you think he would out something more criminating than sex toys that are clearly meant for women:D
Secondly, if you think these items are not necessary belong to Jacksons, why do you think they wanted to stop the sale, MJ and Janet put up the fight to get their stuff back? KJ struck a deal with Mann and Mann gave some items back to KJ that were considered embarrassing to her and Joe.
Here is another link about Vaccaro and how he came to "own" these storages
http://muzikfactorytwo.blogspot.ie/2011/03/katherine-jackson-howard-mann-whole.html

Note, this sale was mostly old clothes and other stuff, but there is more stuff in Mann's possession.

all of this !!

There were socks and swimwear too, not just undies. I don't know what is it with Jackson's, usually people throw out old socks and underwear, and other clothes could have been given to salvation army or similar, but these ones stored them:D

I personally think they stored the old performance items especially stuff dating back to the Jacksons variety show. The items they used there, they just put them in boxes and put them in storage hence all the bras, socks, underwear (even dirty), shirts, wigs and so on. (size 28 is small for adult Michael so it might signal it belonged to a younger Michael). Storage also had very identifiable jackets, or costumes worn on state which have been removed (by Vaccaro & Mann). There was also plans to open Jackson restaurants like Hard Rock Cafe with Jackson memorabilia in the restaurants. So I think they kept the stage items thinking they would use them later and/or they would become valuable.

Vaccaro, Mann and Schaffel are all crooks and they all tried to link, one way another, the most embarassing items in that storage locker to Michael - for obviously sensationalist reasons. No one cares if a sex toy belongs to another Jackson, but if it's linked to Michael then it is suddenly interesting to the media.

If you read that motion by Vaccaro that Ivy linked in, he is very hostile to Michael and licking the boots of Sneddon. (So, Bubs, sorry but I'm not interested in a book by that man.) He also suggests the embarassing items, such as the sex toys, "presumably belong to Michael Jackson". There is not any foundation for that claim, but obviously this is the way he tried to raise the interest of Sneddon and get back at Michael and Janet Jackson. Those items could have belonged to anyone in the family and not only Katherine, Janet or LaToya either and obviously not only to Michael, but they were being linked to him for sensationalism. Remember Taj said that most of the stuff belonged to his parents. So it could have been anyone's - including in-laws. Some couples use sex toys during sex. In fact, Janet once did mention in an interview that she liked using sex toys with her boyfriend.

Then Mann and Schaffel used these items, it seems to me, to blackmail Katherine into an agreement with Mann. I derived that from Sullivan's book who tells a story about these items told to him by two of the sources for his book, Mann and Schaffel. Mann claimed to Sullivan that when he bought the Vaccaro stuff he found items in it embarassing to MJ - sex toys and gay porn. And he claimed that the media were after him, offering seven digit figures for them, but he was of course the epitome of honor and instead of selling them to the media he took them to Katherine for which she was so grateful that they immediately signed an agreement. Then Schaffel lended support to Mann's story in the book, saying that he sent the sex toys and gay porn to Michael. The sex toys to make him laugh and the porn because he was curious about everything.

Sullivan is a bad investigative journalist, so he swallowed up the story immediately and did not spot the obvious lies in it and what those lies mean. The sex toys were indeed there initially, but the gay porn was a new claim, it was never before claimed about this vault, not by Vaccaro, Dimond or Sneddon. So it seems to me Mann and Schaffel put it in there to try to blackmail Katherine with them.

It's of course BS that the media was after Mann offering seven digit figures to him for these items. These items were not new to the media (Dimond already went through them, as said) so why would be they so desperate for them? Like I said gay porn was not there initially and there was no way to link such items to Michael personally. But Schaffel helped Mann to link those to Michael by claiming he gave them to Michael. Which is clearly BS to anyone who knows the history of this vault. This vault was confiscated by Vaccaro in 1999, so how could they have contained anything that Schaffel supposedly sent to Michael when their association started in 2000? So that is a big lie and one has to wonder why did Mann and Schaffel together make up this lie about this vault? I guess to pressure Katherine into the agreement with Mann by blackmailing her or by making her grateful for Mann not taking the stuff to the media.

Last edited:
Okay, Ivy...here I go...I'll join a debate with ya this once and I'll lose embarrassingly enough, I'm sure. I'm not one who is strong at debating. Would you like me to give it a go though, for fun?

ivy;4044287 said:
don't worry about it because the mention of "Jacksons" name hardly raise any interest both in this and the past auctions. and it's not about Jackson's popularity, it's about items nature.

Just because the name Jackson isn't getting the attention and results that Vacarro and the auctioneers would hope for doesn't mean they aren't intentionally throwing the Jackson name out there and attaching certain items to certain Jacksons also in hope to stimulate interest. Has it worked for them thus far...yeah, I agree, hasn't seemed to much.

You add, "It's not about Jackson's popularity, it's about items nature"

The fact that the nature of the items are so mundane, is why it could cause those involved to feel the need to peek the interest of potential buyers, And I'm saying it feels to me that possibly they are taking advantage of certain items nature, and banking that attaching Janet's name to a bra (and it's nature), Michael to size 28ers (and their nature) and La Toya to sex toys and their nature, to cultivate interest in order to make that sale. Might not be the case; it could be the case. I don't think it's totally illogical to think it could be the case.

Ivy said:
So don't worry about anyone adding their own random stuff to the mix and making millions, it ain't gonna happen.

When some feel they need to make money for any amount, large or small, or whatever reason, some go to underhanded and/or strategic means to accomplish it. Any one that knows the not so pretty side of human nature knows that to be true.

Now, Ivy, I said "some," doesn't mean I am saying I believe for sure that this is what is going on in this case. I think you missed maybe, or passed over too quickly, (for I thought one of my posts addressed this) that even though I am bringing up other possibilities it does not mean I discount that how things look are exactly how they are, or how you are seeing things can't possibly absolutely be how things are. You could be seeing things perfectly clearly. I know, from what you've posted, you've had it "up to here" with conspiracy theories, but I do not think that by my presenting other possibilities, nor my not taking things automatically at face value, puts me in the category of one promoting, or having, a conspiracy theory. I'm open to any possibility here...including that all is what it seems in all of this, including the sex toys, or... that all is -not- what it seems. Would you be okay with either way, yourself, or would it blow a fuse for ya? haha. I think by the time I complete this post I will have blown a fuse!

Ivy said:
and excuse my language almost looks like a garage sale.
haha, I agree. It makes one shake their head that this is even going on. But it's going on because someone thinks money must be made off of this stuff. What are they willing to do to help achieve that end? Dress things up a little bit, or put things out there in the most saleable light? Consider one's market? Let's think marketing.

Ivy said:
Lisha said:
a lot of people put a lot of stuff in storage units. I have a storage unit with baby clothes, barbie dolls, night gowns, household items etc. Would it look like a weird collection of items to some, probably. But I find nothing "curious" in it. Same goes with the sex toys. How is it having sex toys in a storage any different than having sex toys in your room? or do you think sex toys cannot be stored and must be thrown away.
True, people put a lot of odds and ends in storage. Usually, as I posted earlier one places things that have sentimental value, or can be used at a later time, if not needed presently, etc. Also, if there is a time restraint, a bunch of random stuff might be scooped up and hastily stashed in a box without proper thought going into it at all. This does sound like what may have gone on with the collection of performance items..like one, two, three, get them in a box and taken care of, off to the storage they go to be forgotten for quite some time. Other than that, you mention the things in your storage, which sounds like a cute collection of things to me :), but maybe you did the more typical thing and these things have meaning to you or will be used at a later date but were taking too much space up in you living quarters, so off they went to a storage space.

I'm just thinking that if someone has sex toys, aren't they for the here and now...not an item you'd think sentimentally about or think that you might be needing at a later date so you'll pack it away. Could be possible, but it just seems odd to me... if that was someone's thought process regarding their sex toy. If they were discarded/forgotten about and left with other things along with let's say the performance gear, then they could have been scooped up, too, and thrown in a box for storage....meaning the actual owner of the item/s was not there for the decision making and the one making the decision just looked at it, shrugged, and said "In ya go, I guess." (Yes, Ivy, I have fun with creative license when making my points; I am little more right brain than left brain...just using examples, though, to illustrate, which are not staying completely aligned with logic and facts. I must be a nightmare to debate with!!!).

But I am with the understanding that these performance items were from the Jackson Vegas gig...do I have that wrong? Anyway, the time frame still seems to put La Toya, pre-Jack Gordon, and during her naïve, sheltered and conservative years. It does not seem therefore in her character to have sex toys in a dressing room during a performance or in a bedroom at Katherine's home. You may say I am making an assumption; I am saying it does not follow. But I will say anything is possible...the sex toys could be hers, but it makes no sense, to me personally, based on where I believe she was coming from at the time.

Let me clarify regarding the "derogatory" statement. We all see from our own grid. There are celebrities we may all be familiar with who we could totally imagine being into sex toys (won't name any names), and if they are hanging with others who use sex toys or into other stuff that might be found in Adult bookstores, meaning "like-minded people" hanging together, none of them would find this derogatory. And with a celebrity such as that, it would make sense to me that they could be into sex toys, and I would not put any effort to suggest that if someone attached a sex toy to them, that it may not actually be theirs (although, even then it might not be...example, a joke, someone elses). But when talking about someone who it would not be in character for them, and therefore, it may not be theirs, and they are closely associated with others who are ultra conservative and would not like the idea that it is theirs, then it is implying something derogatory from their perspective. If it is not theirs and they are getting pinned with it, it is a derogatory thing to say for them. The other example of the celebrity who is totally into them and their circle of friends and family, too, or any one in the public who is like-minded with them on this, it may not be viewed as derogatory at all. And there may be those out there who are neutral and really wouldn't assign anything derogatory or non-derogatory to it.

But I think it would be safe to say Katherine, and Rebbie, and La Toya, too, at that time period, and if these are not hers, as it being a derogatory thing to be said about her. However, La Toya these days doesn't seem to get bent out of shape about anything said about her...I think she's learning to find her peace amongst negative opinion thrown her way. We all could use more of that inner-strength. I'm sure Playboy is thrown up to her all the time, and she deals with that. Playboy, also, would fall in the same category: some would find her association with it derogatory, others would not. Depends on one's perspective.

Ivy said:
So I guess the question is what else do you need or expect? Janet signing "this is my vibrator Janet"? Or is that even realistic?
Gosh, I don't need anything. You're making me seem so needy! Just kidding. Oh, you mean to be satisfied that it actually belongs to her? I guess, no, it probably isn't realistic to think that any information at this point will come forward to make me think, "Oh, okay, I guess it really is Janet's, or, La Toya's". At this point, I can believe it is possible that they are either of theirs, but also believe it is possible they are one, or neither of theirs. But I don't think, from what I'm hearing so far from you, that you think it is possible that the sex toys belonged to neither of them. True? I'm not talking about what you personally believe...I'm talking about what you think could be possible.

Bubs said:
Lisha, I think you didn't read to link I posted earlier. There were 2 storages, Tito's and KJ's that Vaccaro got his hands ...
Hi, Bubs. Yeah, I am so busted. I have my nerve coming in here without having done all of my homework. I couldn't resist, I guess. :) I hope people will give me some slack for posting some thoughts without having down all of the facts. I just jumped in, didn't I?

Ivy said:
This isn't about Sneddon and you missed my point.
I didn't miss your point, actually...but, yeah, I was trying to side-step ya there, but you are not going for it. ha! ;)

Ivy said:
Vaccaro invited Dimond to his storage room. Dimond saw the underwear, called Sneddon, Sneddon searched the storage room, removed some items, some were DNA tested, nothing was found, nothing was used. After the trial Vaccaro filed a motion to ask the items returned to him and they did.
Oh, geesh, bringing up Dimond doesn't put me more at ease that no tampering or strategy could be involved here.

But I agree, that information supported by a long history could give things more credence.

Bubs said:
if you think these items are not necessary belong to Jacksons, why do you think they wanted to stop the sale, MJ and Janet put up the fight to get their stuff back? KJ struck a deal with Mann and Mann gave some items back to KJ that were considered embarrassing to her and Joe.
Well, I think I thought it was because they felt the whole injustice of the situation, and no matter what the items, felt they were their personal things and it wasn't right for them to be out there for all to see or be auctioned off. What a vulnerable feeling. Just like Taj must be feeling...it doesn't necessarily have to do with trying to hide anything that could be viewed as unsavory ( I see you mention the word embarrassing, but that may not be something unsavory; lot's of different things embarrass us)...it would be thought of perhaps as "it's the principle of the thing!" And, of course, with Taj, it is sentimental attachment to his Mother's things. Understandable.

Ivy said:
So aren't you the one that's making an assumption based on what you think and nothing else?
I'm sure I make my good amount of assumptions but I think in this case I am staying open to other possibilities and presenting those possibilities. I hope I don't offend by doing so.

Oh boy, this was probably boring to read, sorry everyone. I did my best, Ivy, to respond to you. This took so long to do! How do you guys do it? I'm exhausted now, lol. I'm sure you will counteract some, if not a good deal, of my responses, with your typical finesse. I'm not sure if I'll have the energy to give this another go, though. But thanks for letting me play a little bit with ya. :hugs:

And as always, all, keep the friendly-toned debate going, and try not to let buttons be pushed or to have an attacking tone when responding with each other. :) This shouldn't be personal; just objective as much as possible.

Last edited:
This took so long to do! How do you guys do it? I'm exhausted now, lol

You are used to have long posts so I don't think it could be much of a problem to respond. And as far as my replies go, they are easier because they tend to repeat the available information, I can see how creating scenarios could be an exhausting thing to do.

Overall I already listed the available factual information about these items. We can ASSUME could have, should have, would have with those items but it doesn't necessarily make it true. I mean it's possible that I could meet Tom Hiddleston and marry him and live happily ever after but it doesn't mean that it would ever happen. See my point? Possibilities are endless if that's the route we want to take. It just doesn't make sense to come up with possibilities on our own and claim we want to focus on the facts. Seems to be counter intuitive.

And finally as for the items I don't think authenticity matters that much unless you are bidding on them. And auction is already over. Good news no one bought the bras or underwear. The adult entertainment collection - which no longer have Latoya's name associated to them - went for $334. even Bubbles Tuxedo brought in double that. wheww crisis averted.

Basically how much did this man get for this sale? About $1000?

Basically how much did this man get for this sale? About $1000?
I don't know but the whole thing is just laughable. He was basically having a junk sale of garbage and was expecting to get thousands. It'd been different if the stuff had been like famous,such as Janet's Rhythm Nation costume from the music video.

^^So after all his crooked deals he ends up bankrupt and could not even make much money off the items. Good, I hope his other buddy/business partner is watching in case he has plans to make millions as well. I guess the Jacksons are cracking up with laughter now.

^^So after all his crooked deals he ends up bankrupt and could not even make much money off the items. Good, I hope his other buddy/business partner is watching in case he has plans to make millions as well. I guess the Jacksons are cracking up with laughter now.
Yep,and Michael's laughing his head off in Heaven as well. Mess and a half.

Well there's a downside to this as well

As you might know Estate won a case against Mann / Vaccaro and Vaccaro owes $500,000 to MJ Estate. Estate is the 3rd in line to be paid. IRS is the first. They expected this auction to bring in $500,000 (it would require 553 items to average $1000 - which didn't seem like happened) and it's only enough to pay IRS. So it looks like Estate isn't getting what Vaccaro owes them.

Well I did a quick calculation. Given most items weren't bid on or went at the lowest bid, it was an easy addition.

I added the total sale to equal to $104,435 .

Of course it's always possible for me to skip or double add or enter some stuff wrongly.

Back