Bad 20th thread I discovered(Includ.Info on Duets that never happend and 'Dirty Diana' is revealed)

Can someone copy and past the Dirty Diana text here? I can't seem to find it..

nvm found it xD. So the model wasnt Tatiana?! Nooo way --

hmm speaking of tatiana and dirty diana, tatiana claimed that she did get a call from michael jacksons people to audition for the dirty diana video, and later had a meeting with frank dileo, because she says frank wanted to become her manager at a point. and frank told her she should not do anymore music videos because it was a negative character to protray. this is right before she went off on the bad tour.
later.. she wondered if michael was mad at her for not auditioning for the part and wondered why the girl in the video was made to look like her at the end of the video where you kind see the girls hair, face. tatiana also said the womans legs in the video look nothing like her legs, because tatianas legs are those of a trained dancer, whereas the girl in the video ''does not have muscle tone.'' lol

I want to let you guys know that I'm working on an essay on OTW and I'll start posting it around June or July

Hopefully it will all be released on day.

"The earliest rumours surrounding Michael’s long awaited follow up to Thriller include:

The album is called either Meisterwerk or Bad. "

wow.. dosnt really have quite the same ring to it does it? :p

the dirty diana video was shot in atlanta thats my hometown wowowo!!!!!!!!!!! intersting

Hello guys, I am one of the many witnesses of the 80s and have been MJ fan since BAD era.

When I see all those newspaper articles it brings back memories. As a matter of fact they called him by all names and indeed found him weird by building up all sorts of gossips and rumours (it sells especially back then!) To me it didn't matter, I was buying all the newspapers and magazines even if the smallest pictures of MJ was inthere.

Here are some other rumours that I read back then:

-In 1988 a newspaper article predicted that MJ would die ten years after (that is to say in 1998)

-Because of numerous operations his nose was towards his fronthead

-In another newspaper his nose was going towards his chin

-Because he's been performing live since his childhood he damaged his ears, therefore he was going to become deaf.

-He was going to marry Liz Taylor

-He was going to marry Diana Ross, but she refused and that's why he wrote Dirty Diana

Blahblahblah,...

Despite all the rumours, his magic was real and there was a real Michaelmania, he was the reference, and by the way he still is.

Eventually he recorded the song "Leave me alone" because he was tired of all the rumours. In the video you can see all the tabloids and rumour related scenes (elephant man, hyperbar chamber, shrine to Liz Taylor, etc.)

Hello guys, I am one of the many witnesses of the 80s and have been MJ fan since BAD era.

When I see all those newspaper articles it brings back memories. As a matter of fact they called him by all names and indeed found him weird by building up all sorts of gossips and rumours (it sells especially back then!) To me it didn't matter, I was buying all the newspapers and magazines even if the smallest pictures of MJ was inthere.

Here are some other rumours that I read back then:

-In 1988 a newspaper article predicted that MJ would die ten years after (that is to say in 1998)

-Because of numerous operations his nose was towards his fronthead

-In another newspaper his nose was going towards his chin

-Because he's been performing live since his childhood he damaged his ears, therefore he was going to become deaf.

-He was going to marry Liz Taylor

-He was going to marry Diana Ross, but she refused and that's why he wrote Dirty Diana

Blahblahblah,...

Despite all the rumours, his magic was real and there was a real Michaelmania, he was the reference, and by the way he still is.

Eventually he recorded the song "Leave me alone" because he was tired of all the rumours. In the video you can see all the tabloids and rumour related scenes (elephant man, hyperbar chamber, shrine to Liz Taylor, etc.)

Those rumours are crazy! Thanks for posting them, I don't really know much about that kind of thing seeing as I was born in 1987! It's interesting to think about.

In reference to the various tabloid rumors back in the 80's, I don't think it's wrong to have an opinion and say that Michael brought some of those upon himself. Were some of the rumors false and uncalled for? Absolutely. But let's face it. Michael's lifestyle is too easy for tabloids to take advantage of. I also don't believe that Michael is necessarily against tabloids entirely. I look at it this way: Tabloids give Michael more attention. Bad pub or not, it's publicity and it sells records. I heard once that Michael actually requested that a story be posted back in the "Bad era" about sleeping in a chamber and making sure the word "bizarre" was on the cover. In my opinion, I think that is true. I think the success of Thriller went to his head. But I guess that's a whole other topic. My intentions aren't to bash Michael...I am a huge fan of his music. I just think that as much as he is a genius with music, some of his choices outside of music haven't been the brightest thinking...But afterall he's human, just like the rest of us.

Look what wiki says on it (they have no idea!)
The accompanying video was shot in early 1988 in front of a live audience. The video starts with a low guitar note. Then it shows Michael performing in front of an audience, utilizing some of his most physically complicated dance techniques. In between shots of him performing there are shots of a woman (Sheryl Crow) walking down a dark alley. Michael finishes his by ripping his shirt, ad-libbing, grabbing his crotch. After the concert, he races down the stairs toward his limo. He opens the door, only to find Diana waiting for him and the video ends on the same note it started on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirty_Diana

Someone should fix that. But wiki changes things all the time.

Michael Jackson BAD 20 part 2
I hadn't updated the original thread so it was closed. Here's the rest,

This time was done by my friends Chris from the "For The Record" book and Christina from the Michael Jackson Vault forum
-----

Michael Jackson’s Bad Album 20th Anniversary

The Bad Album As It Happened - 1986 – 1987

Rumours circulate that the follow up to Thriller will be a collection of Beatles songs.

12th September 1986

The first new material expected to be included on Michael’s forthcoming new album is featured in the 17-minute 3D Space fantasy Captain Eo which is exclusive to Disney.

Captain Eo is premiered at the Epcot Centre in Orlando, Florida. The songs included in the movie are We Are Here To Change The World and Another Part Of Me. Only one will eventually make the final track listing.

Billed as ‘a celebration against evil’ Captain Eo also starring Angelica Houston as the wicked Queen, is directed by Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas.

October 1986

The earliest rumours surrounding Michael’s long awaited follow up to Thriller include:

The album is called either Meisterwerk or Bad.

There is an anti drug song with rappers Run DMC.

Its produced by Quincy Jones and Thomas Dolby.

There are ballads with Barbra Streisand, Stevie Wonder and Freddie Mercury.

There is also rumoured to be a version of Nelson Mandela with George Michael.

November 1986

Michael’s new album and single are reported in the UK press as being set for January 1987. A proposed duet with George Michael is expected to appear on the album.

Rumours begin circulating that Barbara Streisand will duet with Michael Jackson on his follow up to the worldwide acclaimed Thriller. Whitney Houston will also be mentioned in the build up to the albums release

6th November 1986

Rolling Stone magazine report that rappers Run DMC are in the studio with Michael working on an Anti Crack Drug song..

19th November 1986

Filming begins on the brand new Michael Jackson video set to accompany his new album. The track in question is titled “Bad” and his being shot on location at Masters School in Dobbs Ferry in New York. Several scenes are also shot at in a subway station in the Bronx.

This Original cover shot for the Bad album is later scrapped by Walter Yetnikoff President of CBS Records. It would later turn up in Michael’s book Dancing The Dream.

The song is originally intended as a duet with Prince, but the Purple one didn’t think it was for him and turned the opportunity down. Reports that surfaced in early 1987 said that there meeting was like a Mexican stand off with only a few pleasantries exchanged.

Michael’s album and single is delayed for a further few months. A new scheduled date is for April.

26th January 1987

Number Ones magazine published in Great Britain as the first shots from Michael’s proposed Bad video.

February 1987.

Number Ones magazine published in Great Britain as exclusive photos from Michael’s new Pepsi Commercial. The article is entitled “Behind The Mask”. The song supporting the commercial is reported to be titled The Price Of Fame.

March 1987

An artist impression of Michael is on the cover of Right On Magazine and features an article called “Michael Jackson The Calm Before The Storm”. The article features pictures from the Bad video shoot.

Michael begins work on another video from his new album with Colin Chivers, Academy Award winner for Special Effects direction for Superman. The song would later be known as Smooth Criminal and would the central focal point of a movie called “Moonwalker”.

April 1987

A song Michael passed over for his Bad Album was La Isla Bonita by Patrick Leonard who worked with Michael on the Victory Tour. Leonard composed the song with Michael in my mind but it ended up being recorded by Madonna who wrote the lyrics to the song. The song went to No. 1 on the UK charts on 25 April 1987 for 2 weeks. La Isla Bonita peaked at no. 4 on the US Billboard singles chart.

May 1987

Spin Magazine in an article titled “Michael Jackson’s Running Scared” mention the anti crack drug song proposed with Rappers Run DMC.

“It’s the lunch break before the band Run DMC come in to collaborate on an anti-drug song for the new album. Everyone is tucking in. Jackson nibbles on a pomegranate.

Finally, Run DMC come swaggering in. Quincy introduces Michael, who remains silent. Seconds tick away in embarrassed silence. Run DMC are unsettled and can’t get their recording right. Its another wasted day”

The song eventually doesn’t make the track listing.

July 1987

News surfaces that Michael’s new album Bad will be released on 31st August 1987. It will feature 10 tracks with a bonus on the CD release. The album will feature the brand new single I Just Can’t Stop Loving You, Smooth Criminal, Another Part Of Me from Captain Eo and the duet Just Good Friends with Stevie Wonder. Of the 11 tracks including the bonus on the CD Michael as written nine.

15th July 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You is premiered in the UK on the Gary Davies Radio 1 Lunch time show.

Dueting with Michael on the album is relevantly unknown Siedah Garrett, whose previous other hit was as a guest vocalist on Dennis Edwards “Don’t Look Any Further”.

Garrett had been composing another song for Michael’s album whn she was invited to stand next to Michael in the studio to duet on the song. Their vocals proved to be remarkably similar.

27th July 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You is released. The UK issues special limited edition 7” & 12” singles with a poster of Michael. Baby Be Mine from Thriller is included on the B-side.

There is no official video to promote the single. A montage from earlier Michael Jackson videos is used to promote the single on shows like Top Of The Pops and The Roxy Network Chart Show.

8th August 1987

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You enters the UK charts at no.5

15th August 1987.

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You hits the Top Of The UK charts in its second week. This achieved without the help of an official video release. The song spends 2 weeks at the top of the charts.

I Just Can’t Stop Loving You will spend 9 weeks on The UK Top 100 singles chart

25th August 1987

Radio 1 UK disc Jockey Mike Smith is prevented from playing exclusive tracks from Michael’s Bad album. Only I Just Can’t Stop Loving You and the title track Bad are allowed to be aired. So incensed is Smith that he vows to break the embargo by planning to play exclusive tracks on his show on 1st September.

31st August 1987

Bad is officially released

Over two and a quarter million copies are shipped to record stores in America. Britain as orders of over 600,000, while Japan as 400,000. All sales records are expected to be smashed in Germany, France and Holland.

Mike Smith keeps his promise to his radio audience by playing exclusive tracks from the album. The tracks he airs are:

1st September 1987

Bad is officially released in the UK.

The 24-minute special “The Magic Returns” is aired on Channel 4 and includes the premiere of his new video Bad directed by Martin Scorsese. The special also includes a retrospective of his career

The script for the video is written by Richard Price and is based on a true story about a student called Edmund Perry, who was shot dead by a plain-clothes officer who claimed he was being mugged.

The colour segment was filmed in a subway station in Brooklyn.

Appearing in the cast is an up and coming actor Wesley Snipes.

Dutch magazine Top 10 dated 1-22nd September 1987 as an exclusive flexi disc giveaway with snippets of all the tracks from Bad except Leave Me Alone.

The Bad album enters straight in at no. 1 on the UK album chart.

It will stay on the UK album chart for 125 weeks and subsequently return on and off over the next two decades.

Bad sells over 350,000 copies in the UK in the first 5 days of release out selling the second highest album by a ratio of 10-1.

Bad’s sales are higher than the rest of the Top 40 put together.

40,000 copies are sold on CD where the bonus track Leave Me Alone is acknowledged as a popular factor.

Michael’s first ever-solo tour begins in Japan at the Korakuen Stadium, Yokohama. Only I Just Can’t Stop Loving You and Bad make the play list, as Michael is still rehearing the new songs.

Super thread this. I'm over at www.the-michael-jackson-archives.com almost everyday. It as a mass of stuff from clippings like this, to magazine articles and books. It really is an extrodianary site for info. You guys just gotta see it. Mj_brainace did do a tribute. I have seen him on other forums too. These guys share info from what I have read. This tribute was written over 12 months ago. The text above is different to Mj_brainace's

Back