BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

Pepsi is also preparing to launch another campaign for the 25th-anniversary of Michael Jackson's iconic album Bad. According to Billboard, the marketing campaign, which will launch in mid-May, includes a series of Jackson remixes from popular DJs. A-Trak confirmed to HuffPost that he is involved and Skrillex and Diplo are reportedly connected to the project. The remixed tracks will be available for download exclusively via a Pepsi-can promotion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...skrillex-michael-jackson-diplo_n_1467473.html

Hey Guys,

I have been following up this thread for a while and thought about bringing a small contribution to the discussion.
Some video mixes I realised using different Bad Tour footages, hope you will enjoy them !

@ Zakk and Bumper : I used both Yokohama 87 and various 88 Tour footages so that both of you will be happy...it's not bluray though ;D

HN

WBSS

BJ

Nice job. :)

Pepsi is also preparing to launch another campaign for the 25th-anniversary of Michael Jackson's iconic album Bad. According to Billboard, the marketing campaign, which will launch in mid-May, includes a series of Jackson remixes from popular DJs. A-Trak confirmed to HuffPost that he is involved and Skrillex and Diplo are reportedly connected to the project. The remixed tracks will be available for download exclusively via a Pepsi-can promotion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...skrillex-michael-jackson-diplo_n_1467473.html

I hope that MJ's voice and music won't ruin the beautiful remixes by those cool DJs.

I hope that MJ's voice and music won't ruin the beautiful remixes by those cool DJs.
I know, I don't think Michaels voice is anywhere near strong enough to support such amazing remixes by the legendary.... I forget their names....

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I hope they release 3? different versions of BAD 25 like they did with Thriller 25 album.
(Different covers etc)

I hope they release 3? different versions of BAD 25 like they did with Thriller 25 album.
(Different covers etc)

Yes, covers are very important. Who cares what the CD(s) contain.

I'd really like to know if Mike recorded that song completely. Because some people say he was just fooling around in the studio

I'd love to hear Michael fooling around!

I asked it before but i don't know which page it was, has this been officially announced? Or is this more still all very unconfirmed? BAD 25 that is.

To Sony & The Estate please release the Bad Tour 1988 on DVD/Blu-Ray & in cinemas for the fans, Please.

I asked it before but i don't know which page it was, has this been officially announced? Or is this more still all very unconfirmed? BAD 25 that is.

All that is confirmed right now regarding Bad 25 is that Pepsi are releasing MJ Bad 25 cans this month. The logo was also found by fans and since, the Estate (or Sony I don't know) emailed it around some fans. That's all that is confirmed right now.

To sony and the estate please release the Bad Tour 1988 on DVD, Blu-Ray and in cinemas we all want it.

Zakk;3631677 said:
To Sony & The Estate of Michael Jackson, although some fans think that your not doing a very good job to protect Michael's legacy I believe you are doing a great job I enjoyed This is it so much, it's my favourite movie of all time that was great! and the "Michael" Album I also think that this album was great too even if the "Cascio" songs aren't to my perticular tastes. and I also love Michael Jackson: The Experience it is my favourite video game. another project of yours that I loved was "Vision" although this wasn't released on Blu-Ray I still feel you did a great job remastering all the Short Films. I also love the "Immortal" Remix album, you did a wonderful job on this project and it portrays a fresh feel to Michael's legendary music. And if you do BAD25 as follows I'm sure the fans will be extremely happy with this project too:
BAD25 CD:
• Full original Album
• 3 Remixes for example the Bad extended dance mix
• 4-5 unreleased songs & Demos etc.

BAD25 Project DVD/Blu-Ray & Cinema releases:
• BAD Tour 1988 DVD/Blu-Ray & Cinema release
• Spike Lee BAD25 Anniversary Documentary DVD/Blu-Ray release

BAD25/BAD Tour 1988 Accessories releases:
• T-Shirts
• Posters
• Computer Wallpapers
• Phone Cases
• Eyewear
• Pencil Cases
• Pens, Rulers & Pencils etc.

Agreed

I hope Spike Lee's documentary airs on tv. Hopefully on networks like ABC or CBS that way everyone can see it.

Does anyone know whether or not there will be commercials promoting BAD 25? I hope the promotion goes well.

I wonder how 'Tomboy' sounds. In the '93 deposition Michael tries to remember and say if he wrote or co-wrote and released the songs that are being mentioned. When 'Tomboy' is brought up, Michael pauses for a couple of seconds and starts moving his head to the beat of the song that's playing in his head... :D I'd like to hear that one.

^^sorry, not rare at all. its from the "legend continuous" vhs/dvd.

I found the part I was talking about. Here it is at 7:50...

[youtube]ckCGsIsqrnQ[/youtube]

Can a mod make a News Only thread for Bad25 please?

Can a mod make a News Only thread for Bad25 please?
There is no news to report but as soon as there is an announcment we can make a new thread for Bad 25.

I could create one but what would we put in it ?
if you have something Ill be happy to start one for BAD 25 News only and we can use this one for discussion

All that is confirmed right now regarding Bad 25 is that Pepsi are releasing MJ Bad 25 cans this month. The logo was also found by fans and since, the Estate (or Sony I don't know) emailed it around some fans. That's all that is confirmed right now.

EDIT
We have opened a NEWS ONLY thread so fans can keep track of the information

BAD 25 NEWS ONLY THREAD [No discussion]
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/122489-BAD-25-NEWS-ONLY-THREAD-No-discussion

Skrillex, Diplo and A Trak to remix Michael Jackson

A holy trinity of super-cool dance producers are to team up and remix Michael Jackson's 'Bad' for a new soft drink promotion.

Skrillex, Diplo and A Trak will work on the new version of the classic track as part of a promotion for Pepsi, who will distribute the track for free and is part of the drinks company's Live For Now campaign, which is fronted by Nicki Minaj. The remix also ties in with the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's 'Bad' single and album.

This wouldn't be the first time Michael Jackson tracks have been plundered by modern artists, with the likes of Akon and 50 Cent working on unfinished MJ tracks for his 2010 release, 'Michael'.

SOURCE : http://www.gigwise.com/news/72694/Skrillex-Diplo-and-A-Trak-to-remix-Michael-Jackson

Re: Skrillex, Diplo and A Trak to remix Michael Jackson

Been posted, but anyway, I'm glad the songs won't end up on the actual CD, but via those Pepsi codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back