Bad Tour DVD [CLOSED] Cont. discussion in The Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley DVD Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Tour DVD (Disscussion Thread)

AND NOW, this is what MICHAEL should ALWAYS look like!
avchdmoonwalker1988720p.jpg

I'm not sure if "they got the rights to the audio", as far as I know, they didn't even know about it until Go Flying mentioned it to them. I think he donated the audio (nice guy).

But the video quality is the problem here. I am not one to believe MJ had this lq vhs in his personal collection. It even looked a bit damaged - wouldn't the Michael Jackson at least keep them stored in a profesional manner?

So many questions could be asked here.

They actually have rights over that audio "got from some fan", which apparently is the guy who recorded the whole show, and also is a direct rip from soundboard.

Just saying.

It is weird though that all these years that audio was in possession of one fan (the guy who recorded the whole show) and not in Michael's. How come that Michael didn't ask for that audio?

It is weird though that all these years that audio was in possession of one fan (the guy who recorded the whole show) and not in Michael's. How come that Michael didn't ask for that audio?

It was in the possesion of both parties.

It will be great. I can enjoy watching bad quality videos and that quality is not THAT bad. Can't wait!

What`s the point of this discussion? It`s the same clip over and over again and the same discussion over and over again. We have a info from Ivy. Is it not possible to wait some days or weeks until the Estate adress this theme?

Guys a little news so you can all relax

This morning I mentioned the MJ Online Team fans concerns about the DVD picture quality. Estate is aware of our concerns and apparently considering to address it over time. So can we chill for the meantime and wait for more information please?

That's good for you Galactus, but many other fans can NOT enjoy wathicng MJ perform in bad quality. I am one of them. There's a reason why I haven't bothered watching all performances and snippets from TV reports, etc. from this and that era. The quality stinks and I can't enjoy it. Footage like in Moonwalker I can watch all day.

Galactus123, don't take it personal, but because of fans like you we are going to be stuck with shit by Sony forever. We need to have our voices heard! "THIS IS IT" ALBUM was only to make fast money, Michael album they pooped on us.. don't get me started on this.... and now exclusive VHS!
And I should be happy, BECAUSE it's Michael. Nope, we are living in 2012 and some things are not acceptable. They should have so much more footage of BAD TOUR. This is Michael Jackson for GOD'S sake. It's not like his videos and concert tapings will just like that dissapear or be destroyed. Every normal person knows every second of MJ footage is a potential gold mine. So.. I'm saying - THIS IS IT ? AFTER 20 something years of fans wanting to see BAD concert, this is what we get. Sure, It's Michael, it's always amazing, blah blah. That's why they are using us and abusing us as costumers.

What`s the point of this discussion? It`s the same clip over and over again and the same discussion over and over again. We have a info from Ivy. Is it not possible to wait some days or weeks until the Estate adress this theme?

I think that it's not good to just wait and see what will happen and what they'll say (if they say). We have enough time before they release it. We have to react and tell them that this quality is unacceptable. They have enough time & money (they earned well in last few years and now Immortal Tour is biggest grossing tour in the US) to find and buy the rights or the whole films from whoever has them. They'll keep releasing shit if we don't do something. I've been tweeting @MJonlineteam about this. I think everyone should.

:no: :( :no:

Quality does not look very good!

:cry: :cry:

I think that it's not good to just wait and see what will happen and what they'll say (if they say). We have enough time before they release it. We have to react and tell them that this quality is unacceptable. They have enough time & money (they earned well in last few years and now Immortal Tour is biggest grossing tour in the US) to find and buy the rights or the whole films from whoever has them. They'll keep releasing shit if we don't do something. I've been tweeting @MJonlineteam about this. I think everyone should.
Maybe you're right.

Anyway - I will still buy and support this release.

But clearly this is only a release for the fans. - Nonfans will never buy this quality!

If the quality of the DVD is bad I won't reproach it to the Estate (I am pleased they release a Bad tour concert )but to those who campaigned to get Wembley to be released. A specific concert at a specific place and date.
So, to me, The Estate has only followed people wishes to get Wembley - to please the fans.

May be if there would have been a campaign like " we want a BAD Tour concert (complete) to be released in HD/HQ quality, we might have had LA or Rome released - in better quality.

Last edited:

Now just I want to cry watching this. My feelings really hurt. Even the damg amateur videos of MJs concerts look better! :boohoo

Well, maybe DVD will look bit better. But really, how much better? I fear about this all.

if th quality of the dvd is bad i won't reproach it to the estate (i am pleased they release a bad tour concert )but to those who campaigned to get wembley to be released. A specific concert at a specific place and date.
So, to me, the estate has only followed people wished to get wembley - to please the fans.

May be if there would have been a campaign like " we want a bad tour concert (complete) to be released in hd/laq quality, we might have had la or rome released - in better quality.

Amen!

Seems like they only release this because fans wanted wembley.

May be if there would have been a campaign like " we want a BAD Tour concert (complete) to be released in HD/LAQ quality, we might have had LA or Rome released - in better quality.

This should be a given.

I just wanted a BAD concert released in great quality. I honestly didn't care WHAT concert. As long as it had SC, DD, TWYMMF. I guess quality superior to VHS might have been too much to ask for? :scratch:

That's not fair because those who wanted this Wembley had no idea about the quality. If they/we knew about this quality, I'm sure L.A would be a better choice. Or any other concert with better quality (second leg).

It will be great. I can enjoy watching bad quality videos and that quality is not THAT bad. Can't wait!

Sorry to say you but it is really THAT bad.. That's no VHS quality. That's 240p youtube quality at best.

The quality is extremely disappointing, if this is what the DVD will look like. I will however still buy it and enjoy it because if I can enjoy the Victory Tour in Dallas; I can enjoy anything!

That's not fair because those who wanted this Wembley had no idea about the quality. If they/we knew about this quality, I'm sure L.A would be a better choice. Or any other concert with better quality (second leg).

Well, at least people who wanted LA knew the potential quality from seeing the many snippets of it and the clips from The One. So they were requesting something which they saw and knew could look potentially look great on an official release. Those who wanted Wembley didn't see HQ clips of the concert and wanted it just because they heard a few people saying he was good during that night (which might as well be true, but if the quality sucks, what's the point in releasing it?).

'We want LA because there are a lot of clips and snippets from it, and they look great!"

"We want Wembley because somebody told us he was great during that night..."

...yeah.

I really cannot wait to see this concert, but seriously, when I sit down and proudly show this to my family, friends, it will be slightly embarrassing if it's in this quality :fear: It's a good thing Michael is such a KICK ASS performer.

Fans are not the ones responsible for this! Sony makes everything for money, don't imagine they are trying to "make dreams come true" or shit like that. They saw opportunity with the VHS and they went for it. The fans will eventually swallow this release, I mean everything after the fake voices and the horrible music on "Michael 2010"... we take everything.

OMG :busted::busted::busted:

Yes, it's a dream come true to see a full Bad Tour 2nd leg concert.
Yes, I'd go nuts if someone leaked the concert (even in this quality).
Yes, it would be a thrill to get this as a bonus with another concert released in HQ.

But no, this is not what I expect from a official release in 2012! What a shame! Yes, it is Michael Jackson, you can recognise him, but this is not the way the world should see one of the greatest shows by the greatest entertainer of all time :cry: And the world won't see it either, because only fans will buy it..

I think it's not true that they are releasing Wembley because fans wanted that specific concert. When did they listen the fans? Never. They are releasing it because that is the only Bad concert they have. And they are too cheap to invest in getting the original films.

there are 4 months things to be cleared and fixed, before the damage is done. this is unacceptable, period.
the fans are divided again. this time before release. do they think we are dumb sheeps, who buy everything that has michael jackson? there definately some who are, but most of us have brains and sense. i can't belive how many have no pretension. just because we waited 25 years shoud acceps this shit? please!
they should upload it for free if they think is worth watching.
personal copy my as. thats how it looks when its been copied over and over. doesnt matter how old this tape is.

or paris and prince watched it so many times.

and if some of you feel offended,
yes you should.

Well, at least people who wanted LA knew the potential quality from seeing the many snippets of it and the clips from The One. So they were requesting something which they saw and knew could look potentially look great on an official release. Those who wanted Wembley didn't see HQ clips of the concert and wanted it just because they heard a few people saying he was good during that night (which might as well be true, but if the quality sucks, what's the point in releasing it?).

'We want LA because there are a lot of clips and snippets from it, and they look great!"

"We want Wembley because somebody told us he was great during that night..."

...yeah.

Theoretically there could've been a blu-ray of Wembley while I don't know for sure if LA was on film. What if Estate has just snippets of LA which they put in The One and some video compilations like Soul Train Awards 1989? Maybe they wouldn't get masters of LA also and there would be VHS as well. We cannot know.

Theoretically there could've been a blu-ray of Wembley while I don't know for sure if LA was on film. What if Estate has just snippets of LA which they put in The One and some video compilations like Soul Train Awards 1989? Maybe they wouldn't get masters of LA also and there would be VHS as well. We cannot know.

That wasn't my point. My point was that the people were requesting LA89 after seeing the clips from it, those who requested Wembley wanted it because they heard it was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back