Bad Tour DVD [CLOSED] Cont. discussion in The Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley DVD Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Tour DVD (Disscussion Thread)

Yeah the sound side will be amazing no matter what.

Re: Wembley 1988... Is it upscaled to HD? Blue-ray?.. Audio.... ?

But wouldnt it be better if we say make blueray of it or upscale it to HD before they make DVD's of it, because now they release it on DVD and 1 month later they gonna announce blueray. So better when we know right now right?

the first teaser doesnt make sense. the crowd shoots are mixed quality and the few sec of Bad just craps the s*hit out of it. who made this teaser just took what he can found. it looks likes fan made.
that bad snippet isnt from wembley problably.
something tells me that we will get "the one" dvd quality.

the first teaser doesnt make sense. the crowd shoots are mixed quality and the few sec of Bad just craps the s*hit out of it. who made this teaser just took what he can found. it looks likes fan made.

You have no idea how much I want to believe you. And I trust in you lol

I keep saying 'Yeaaaaah! Audio on multitracks!!", as if I actually know what talking about...:lol:....So, can someone explain what multitracks are? :D

I ain't no expert either but I guess from the name that's you have one track for each instrument and one track for the voice alone so you can mix 'em together in the perfect balance so it can kick ass.

Or something like that.

I ain't no expert either but I guess from the name that's you have one track for each instrument and one track for the voice alone so you can mix 'em together in the perfect balance so it can kick ass.

Or something like that.

Well, if it can kick ass, that's good enough for me ;)

i know its spaming, but
wouldnt be cool if some heavenly soulful trader says: "ok you poor souls of fans, you have 4 months of tourture and looks like the dvd would be for the .....,
i'll give you the full rome 88.

hmmmm...

That'd aweeeesoome! But there's a problem with your sentence...

'Soulful' and 'trader' can't go together in the same sentence.

LOL!

EDIT: JK traders its just a joke, I love you thank you for the leaked stuff :D

I keep saying 'Yeaaaaah! Audio on multitracks!!", as if I actually know what talking about...:lol:....So, can someone explain what multitracks are? :D

LOL - me too. - I just figured it was good and went crazy. - would be nice to know what it really means. :lol:

you dont have just stereo recording, separate tracks of vocals, instrumentals and so on. that way you can adjust enhance or what ever you want them individual, where on stereo you cant do much.
the biggest advantage is you can create true 5.1 or 7.l audio, and not just upmix.

what Michael has in his private VHS collection (???)
fbc74cec46.jpg

what most fans have
5a92207f1c.jpg

f9295bb79b.jpg

what traders have
38f04f5478.jpg

f3a3568d5a.jpg

how the official DVD MUST look like
vlcsnap2012050619h05m23.png

what we actually should be getting (1080p blu-ray)
3750198db0.jpg

This is simply perfect! I can't believe we're not getting a Blu-Ray, it's 2012!

Wembley in the same quality as the MITM picture above on Blu-Ray would be perfect!

Time for some hard truth...

Wembley 1988 Blu-ray is probably not coming anytime soon. Apparently, all the Estate has access to is Michael's VHS copy. Unless they somehow retain the original negatives of the Wembley show, there won't be a Blu-ray released. We have to admit, though, the Estate is pretty damn generous to be releasing this at all. They could just release the Bad 25 album, which would be AMAZING. But imagine it: NO Bad Tour at all. I'm honestly guaranteeing a very good-quality DVD. Probably a slight downgrade from real DVD quality, but still clearer than any of us will expect. I don't believe the Daybreak/teaser snippet really showcases the actual quality, so we can only hope. Okay?

With that in mind, I can't wait to hear/see this concert. I've been waiting for that for, like, ever (exaggeration. Just since I was born).

^^^

Yeah - let's get exitement back! :)

I can't wait for this to be released!

Forget the negativity, This DVD is gonna kick ass! Wembley on DVD!

But wouldnt it be better if we say make blueray of it or upscale it to HD before they make DVD's of it, because now they release it on DVD and 1 month later they gonna announce blueray. So better when we know right now right?
They aren't going to announce a blu-ray one month later, but if they do I'll buy it :)

I'd doubt even if they used masters but from VHS source which is unacceptable in my opinion, that is completely and fully impossible.

Edit: I see Lom Kit already answered this.

I guess it's amazing audio quality to start with AND real 5.1 surround sound. For some concerts they also upscale audio to surround (like upscaling like video to HD). But its not ''real'' surround. But this was recorded already in multitracks so theres gonna be amazing real surround.
That's how I understand. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Somehow I agree. Tho we cannot know if the Bad footage isn't from July 16. Maybe, maybe not.
Not to sound arrogant or anything, but I think I made even better teaser. IMO they should've made similiar.

If a 5.1 (meaning sound is divided and spread on 5 loudspeakers and one subwoofer) or 7.1 (meaning sound is divided and spread on 7 loudspeakers and one subwoofer) is possible, then your (generally speaking):

-center loudspeaker will take care of the voice,
-two front right & left loudspeakers will take care of the music
-two rear right & left loudspeakers will take care of what's happening behind you as if you were in the middle of the concert (so probably other fans' screams)
-subwoofer will take care of explosions, low sounds, low vibrations, bass, etc

5.1 or 7.1 gives you the impression of being in a sound 3-D environment (as if you were there).

If a 5.1 (meaning sound is divided and spread on 5 loudspeakers and one subwoofer) or 7.1 (meaning sound is divided and spread on 7 loudspeakers and one subwoofer) is possible, then your (generally speaking):

-center loudspeaker will take care of the voice,
-two front right & left loudspeakers will take care of the music
-two rear right & left loudspeakers will take care of what's happening behind you as if you were in the middle of the concert (so probably other fans' screams)
-subwoofer will take care of explosions, low sounds, low vibrations, bass, etc

5.1 or 7.1 gives you the impression of being in a sound 3-D environment (as if you were there).

Yeah, and on DVD that soundtrack will be compressed. I am an audiophile, on Bluray we would get a bit-for-bit identical master of the original: DTS Master Audio-MA.

Yeah, and on DVD that soundtrack will be compressed. I am an audiophile, on Bluray we would get a bit-for-bit identical master of the original: DTS Master Audio-MA.

Well, I wouldn't care much since I don't even hear any difference from 320 Kbps MP3 to uncompressed.

IMWhizzle;3647145 said:

5.1 on DVD is in general more than sufficient for the human ear. The advantage of the blu-ray is the fact that it is read by a thin ray allowing more storage on the disc, therefore allowing 7.1 sound (richer sound).

7.1 means two extra loudspeakers taking care of what's happening on your immediate right and left.

audio-images-configuration-spatiale-7-1.png

If some of you have 7 loudspeakers and 1 subwoofer, the best thing is to put the loudspeakers as illustrated.

The subwoofer must be in the corner (it doesn't matter which corner and not completely against the wall)

As far as the height of the loudspeakers are concerned, the best thing is to put them at the level of your ears when you are seated.

P.S. As we are getting a DVD, we'll probably have a 5.1

audio-images-configuration-spatiale-5-1.png

p.p.s. Some Blu-Rays are configured for a 6.1 sound. It means either you have 6 loudspeakers or in case you have 7 the two rear speakers act as one.

In cas eyou have 6 loudspeakers, this illustration shows the best configuration of the speakers:

audio-images-configuration-spatiale-6-1.png

p.p.p.s. The little icon on DVDs and Blu-Rays indicate the configuration. Usually you have something like this (black squares represent the speakers):

audio-images-configuration-spatiale.png

Further illustrations:

Z
2Q==

9k=

521_posicion-pantallas-acusticas-7-1.png

The best would be to have a good amplifier of course. As far as I am concerned Denon and Onkyo are among the best if not the best.

Onkyo-TX-NR5009-1.jpg

Onkyo-TX-NR5009-4.jpg
Onkyo-TX-NR5009-3.jpg

p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Just to reassure some people, even if in the future the technology evoloves, there is a limit to the sound as far as human ear is concerned. So the maximum the human ear can go is 9.1, maybe 11.1. But honestly with 7.1 it's more than sufficient.

p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. Chuck Norris has a holographic blu-ray with moving seats, steam, spots, artificial wind, and a THX³ 4-D surround 37.4 (yes he has 37 loudspeakers and 4 subwoofers, one subwoofer per corner) system.

Last edited:

^ Very informational. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back