Bad Tour to get cinema screen in London!

Thread cleaned: please stay on topic. If you wish to get into discussion of other Bad concerts you want released, what was filmed, discusing umatics, etc. please do it in the threads already available for that discussion. Please don't derail this and every thread with that discussion. Thank you.

Discussions have been moved to the follwing thread
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...s-footage-and-what-may-have-been-shot-on-film

Even my recordings from to on VHS back in the day are very well watchable. Very good picture compared to the released Wembley VHS. It looks like shit.

We all know that Michael vigorously studied his performances, meaning he would've played that tape over and over again. VHS deteriorates with use so that would probably be why.

Of course, we don't expect a VHS tape to look great. But that's not the point. Much more interesting is the question: why on earth had they to release a dvd out of a crappy VHS tape??? I don't care how many excuses they gave ("Michael's personal copy"). IMO That's just unacceptable!

They released it because it fit with the 25th anniversary of Bad and if they had not have released it, instead of these discussions on the quality, MJ fans would be going on about how they haven't released one yet. How we've been asking for the Bad tour to be released for years. Yes, I too agree that they should have waited until they had a higher quality source, but honestly, there just seems to be no winning for the Estate.

In regards to the cinema screen though, I do wonder what the quality will be like. The quality is alright on a TV but on a massive screen that you're close to ? Surely that's just gonna look bleh... Could've perhaps gone with the Bucharest show or perhaps another artists show in all honesty... They're probably going to get complaints from those not familiar with the VHS situation :p

i think the point of the event has got lost somewhere in this thread (probably about the second post - i would check but it's just too disheartening reading most of this thread again).

It's supposed to be fun
but if you can't bear to watch then i doubt you'll be missed.

I'll be having a beer and having fun..... Bye.

thank you

You do realise the Wembley quality isn't actually THAT bad, right? Watching Michael Jackson is satisfying in any quality, especially Wembley quality because he was a rare talent, and in years to come, people will look back at DVD's like this and it will be used to show historic moments. Also, This is It was shot in SD in certain parts, and here is a HIStory concert shown at a cinema, and it doesn't look that bad to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-THIKC1N0

Dam
thanks for that history footage!!!! His movements had me staring.

Those who attend the screening enjoy yourself for me!!!

Last edited:
You do realise the Wembley quality isn't actually THAT bad, right? Watching Michael Jackson is satisfying in any quality, especially Wembley quality because he was a rare talent, and in years to come, people will look back at DVD's like this and it will be used to show historic moments. Also, This is It was shot in SD in certain parts, and here is a HIStory concert shown at a cinema, and it doesn't look that bad to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78-THIKC1N0

I would have loved to have been there! It doesn't look that bad. It looks like a lot of fun. Besides, the whole point of it is to be with other fans with all that positive energy, celebrating Michael.

I want to be with those excited, fun fans. I'd be screaming too.:wild:

If that Bad concert was being shown here, I wouldn't hesitate to go!

I would have loved to have been there! It doesn't look that bad. It looks like a lot of fun. Besides, the whole point of it is to be with other fans with all that positive energy, celebrating Michael.

I want to be with those excited, fun fans. I'd be screaming too.:wild:

If that Bad concert was being shown here, I wouldn't hesitate to go!

Exactly, I'd go if I was closer. Looks like a fun night out!

They should've at least play the concert on the big screen worldwide. Not just London.

I was there last night. It was awesome! Never mind the quality of the footage, which was no different than watching it at home really (no real scaling up issues), but the sound was tremendous. Really loud! And they programmed the lights to the show, so it was very much like being at a gig. Plus, standing room only, a bar, everyone dancing and chanting and singing along. It was genuinely quite moving!

Can you see this video?

Did anyone go?
Here's 2 short videos from the screening. Looks like it would have been fun just to go see it with a group of people with a loud sound system and standing.

The added lighting from the venue adds to it, as well.

I was there last night. It was awesome! Never mind the quality of the footage, which was no different than watching it at home really (no real scaling up issues), but the sound was tremendous. Really loud! And they programmed the lights to the show, so it was very much like being at a gig. Plus, standing room only, a bar, everyone dancing and chanting and singing along. It was genuinely quite moving!

Can you see this video?

They didn't crop it to 16:9. That is positive :) Some bit of my faith in humanity is restored after all.

That was great. :clap:I knew it would be a fun event. I would go if it was shown in my area.

After all the discussions about quality... huh? I knew it, it looks AMAZING, would've loveeeed to to go :girl_love: , what a rush it must've been! thanks for sharing, goodbyepicasso!

I went - fantastic night.

I'd upload some pics but...y'know...bit worried they won't pass the quality control here!

Looks like LOTS of fun! And it doesn't look that bad at all.

Good projectors don't distort footage that badly so I kind of knew it would look good and it did. Wish I was closer, would've loved to go!

Goodbye thanks so much for sharing that. You could see the people attending had a lot of fun. It is like going to the bar to watch the world cup and all the fans are around chanting, and drinking only you guys had a bigger screen and better sound. What a wonderful experience!!!

Can you see this video?
Did anyone go?
Here's 2 short videos from the screening. Looks like it would have been fun just to go see it with a group of people with a loud sound system and standing.

:wild:
kermit.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif

AMAZING!!!! :woohoo: I would have loved to be there! :girl_sigh:

Did anyone go?

Hey, that's also my video! Glad you found it :) And glad you guys approved my post. I'm a big fan of the forum - I log on everyday - and I was so excited to share my recordings with you.

The screening was so much better than I thought it would be. It was basically the DVD - nothing extra. But, as I said, the sound was amazing and so was the atmosphere. I stepped outside for the band solo and it was so nice to hear people talking about the show, as if it was a live gig taking place that night. If folks weren't super fans already, they were after this gig. I took a casual fan, and we talked excitedly about each song and performance. It was cool to see him on Facebook the next day, listening to Michael songs on Spotify!

Here's a photo I took at the show:

Back