BAD25 - designated Discussion Thread

May I ask when was that DVD last released? Last year? Or in mid-2000's?

That was the Queen Blu-ray I talked about. It really is AMAZING!!!

Based on the info you posted, the DVD and Blu-ray were bascially released together, just a few months apart. So, it seems like they were from the same release.

My point is that how many people would spend money to upgrade their entire DVD collection to Blu-ray? I know I only upgraded the one I absolutely like. For most, I settle with my existing DVD's. DVD's aren't unwatchable at all. I'm sure many people have the same mentality. So, I don't bet on Sony releasing Bad Blu-ray in the near future (within five years) if the original film surfaces, as the market has already been satuated by the previous DVD release.

Phil Collins DVD was released originally in 2004, the Bluray however was released a month or so ago. :)

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

I agree that it doesn't hurt to inquire and that's why I sent the email. :) Now that I know that they know the concerns and thinking about addressing them, I'm okay. I can give them some time and wait until they release more information.

Sent a email to ask about the setlist and The Way You Make Me Feel. They could add it as a bonus if Michael didn't perform it that night.

:)

Please, the estate is not stupid. It's 2012 and they'll do whatever to release this product properly. HAVE FAITH PEOPLE!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Vision box set released by Sony music (being approved by the estate)? Putting a 4:3 image into a 16:9 frame on DVD actually IS incredibly stupid.

:ph34r:

Phil Collins DVD was released originally in 2004, the Bluray however was released a month or so ago. :)

Well... the DVD and Blu-ray releases are eight years apart. So, the release of Bad Tour Blu-ray (or whatever the next generation disk) most likely will not come until 2020 or later.

Well... the DVD and Blu-ray releases are eight years apart. So, the release of Bad Tour Blu-ray (or whatever the next generation disk) most likely will not come until 2020 or later.

-_-
poker-face-300x266.jpg

I don't think Blu-ray was even around in 2004, so that's probably why it wasn't released then.

I don't think Blu-ray was even around in 2004, so that's probably why it wasn't released then.

No, I don't think Blu-ray was available back then. In 2004, DVD was still the latest wonder. Many people were still watching VCD.

I guess my point is that I don't expect Sony to release Blu-ray of Bad Tour any time soon even if the original film was to be unearthed. Because the DVD version is going to be released this year. So, Sony needs to wait for the market to be "hungry" again. It's never a good idea to satuate the market with too many Michael Jackson related products within a short period of time. The people who want to see the Bad Tour will buy Bad 25 this fall. Many of these people will be happy with the DVD and will not upgrade to Blu-ray. So, it kind of cut into the profitability of potential Blu-ray release anytime soon. Will we see the Blu-ray or even better format. Yes, I think so, but I just don't think it'll be in the short future.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Vision box set released by Sony music (being approved by the estate)? Putting a 4:3 image into a 16:9 frame on DVD actually IS incredibly stupid.

You're correct.

But this is a new era, people learn from obstacles. The estate and Sony ain't no different. Plus it's been proven that they are listening to our demands.

There is by the way still no hard proof that more than one song was recorded on film (Man in the mirror).

You're correct.

But this is a new era, people learn from obstacles. The estate and Sony ain't no different. Plus it's been proven that they are listening to our demands.

There is by the way still no hard proof that more than one song was recorded on film (Man in the mirror).
No hard proof that there weren''t filmed either.

well, when I sent the email I asked for still shots from DVD to be able to judge the quality.

So to me that reply that means release of examples, snippets and so on. There's 4 months to the release date of the DVD which means it won't probably happen overnight.

The quality might be okay and we might be worrying for nothing. They can simply demonstrate this by releasing samples, pictures, snippets - over the upcoming 4 month period. Or the quality improvement might be limited due to source, they can again explain it. Perhaps it's still being worked on. Who knows?

I think we'll get more information in the upcoming months.

Hope they release pictures, snippets etc. that will show we get GREAT sharp quality.

Not sure why people would claim it's a waste of money. We all know MJ liked to record everything. Why wouldn't he want to record everything in the best quality possible, especially concerts when it was possible? Money issues for MJ back then? Neeh

:lol: True. :lol:

fe31w2.jpg

BAD TOUR! :p

This quality looks good.

Sent a email to ask about the setlist and The Way You Make Me Feel. They could add it as a bonus if Michael didn't perform it that night.

:)

Great. We should all do that!!

:shaun:

info of this video says remastered from VHS

That is fine quality. - I know it's not Blu-Ray or even close.

But if we get Wembley in this quality it will be fine! - I will be more than satisfied.

Please, the estate is not stupid. It's 2012 and they'll do whatever to release this product properly. HAVE FAITH PEOPLE!

This is a dream coming true for all of us!

I remember what happened LAST time we had "faith" in the Estate. I feel Bad 25 is their chance at redemption, and though I am very excited and pleased with what will be released, I still hold into account that there just might be something they screw up.

No hard proof that there weren''t filmed either.

well the estate don't have it to release on a blu ray so whether there is evidence of it ever being filmed is irrelevant until it actually shows up for them to release, as no one seems to have it otherwise it would have been used in this release.

My take on this if anyone's interested :D Blocked in Germany and USA though :(

vlcsnap-2012-05-23-22h41m18s202.png

vlcsnap-2012-05-23-22h41m34s123.png

And here's Wembley, a day shot which definately couldn't have been MITM -

vlcsnap-2012-05-23-22h48m31s196.png

I understand film cost more. But, we are not talking about the father next door filming his first-born son's first steps. We are talking about the highest grossing concert series by the world's biggest star. Would they really be so frugal about filming? (...) So, they didn't mind paying the crew, but they care about cost of extra film rolls?

Actually it's surprising what some artists do. Take Bryan Adams for example.... currently, he puts on a show with several amazing camera angles and simultaneous multi-angle views, but according to himself the show isn't even taped at all! It's merely for the video monitors at the show.

All, I really think when the Estate said VHS recording the meant Beta Max Recording or Copy. This is the normal achrival medium that things were recorded on back in the day and then for say public release they'd put in VHS. So Michael likely had a Beta Max copy which is much better at perserving quality than VHS.
Uuh... "yeah right" comes to mind? Sorry just my opinion.... isn't that overtopped wishful thinking?

I JUST know. Isn't that enough? I didn't dream it out if you think I did.
Wow, cool. So the close circle of die hard collectors has it or a sample in HD quality, proving the source of film. Thank you for this information MJJLatvia :).

The next 4 months will be SOOO long.....

Wow, cool. So the close circle of die hard collectors has it or a sample in HD quality, proving the source of film. Thank you for this information MJJLatvia :).

It's less to do with collectors but more with people who actually worked on Bad tour.

wow...Ivy that quality looks AMAZING!!! Thank you for posting that...:D

You're correct.

Have you seen Another Part of Me music video?

vlcsnap-2012-05-23-22h41m18s202.png

vlcsnap-2012-05-23-22h41m34s123.png

And here's Wembley, a day shot which definately couldn't have been MITM -

vlcsnap-2012-05-23-22h48m31s196.png

damn...look at all the people....Michael surely knew how to pack-em-in. I wish I was there...:(.....I just cannot wait for the release of this dvd...:woohoo:

I can't wait either.

Haw many days are there to the release of BAD Tour Concert? - We should make a Countdown!! :lol:

I want BAD on HVD then. - :lol: :lol:

1138 posts on 3 days!!! :wild:

Let's assume the Estate "unearth" the recording of Bad Tour in film next year, or the year after next. It'll be highly unlikely that the HD Blu-ray version of Bad Tour will be released in the short future. Why? The Bad Tour is going to be released later this year. Why would they release the same concert series within a short period of time? It has never been done by any other. Bad 25 is a very important project and they have only one chance to get it right. The Blu-ray version of Bad Tour probably will not be released until years later. Sony has already made an investment in this project, will they make another investment in the same thing?

Concert that took place in the 80's can definitely be released in Blu-ray. It depends on whether they were shot on film. Queen's Rock Montreal in 1981 is amazing. When I walked into Best Buy and saw they played the concert in all the big screen TV's in good sound system, the impact was huge. I was mesmerized. At that moment, I thought it'd be really beyond-this-world if Michael's concerts can be played in such a way. I'm sure people would have stopped whatever they were doing and been captured by the magic. Will Best Buy play a DVD sourced from a remastered VHS rip? I highly doubt.

Again, I'm 100000% happy to see Bad Tour in Wembley will be released soon. However, I'm an individual capable of more than one emotion simultaneously. I'm happy and excited. That doesn't mean I can't be curious and skeptical the same time. I'm curious to why the Estate does not possess the film. If they don't, then who? Never a moment I believe the Bad concert was never shot on film. Michael was a perfectionist who demanded the best of the best. Why would he not have at least one out of the 123 concerts be filmed?

Thus far, I don't see anyone mention about not buying the DVD because of quality. Everyone is enthusiastic. Could we have a discussion without being seen as "pathetic"?

Assume there is indeed film in the possession of some other individuals. It would not make any sense for those individuals to ask for obsenely large amount of money. Why? They can't release the film commercially and make a profit without the approval and authorization of the Michael Jackson Estate. Ever noticed there isn't any Michael Jackson song featured in any unauthrorized Michael Jackson DVD's?

If This Is It rehearsals were filmed on HQ, why not the actual tour such as BAD (his first world tour as a solo artist) .

I believe the Estate doesn't have the films from the tours and we risk to have the same quality as the bootleg ones.

Back