BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

I think at worst the quality will be like yokahoma 87 and IMO is good enough considering we've been waiting for this for 25yrs

After watching the Daybreak show on tv I think your eyes get used to the high quality broacast of today then they switch straight to the Bad tour footage your eyes need time to adjust - so I think after watching 20 min of the DVD the picture won't seem as bad!!!

It's true Lady Di was at that performance but would someone actually buy the DVD solely for that purpose or because, you know, it's MICHAEL JACKSON? lol

Gee, I don't know, that's a toughy :scratch:

Thank you lom kit!

As long as im part of this forum i've always seen you know a lot about audio and video. Reading your post is the closest i get to trust as if it was a post from the state, so you cheered up my morning!

Imma wait till release or clearer proof to complain. And even then i wont cause they could have chose to release nothing so i wont be let down about anything, they planned this great release to suit us, and if this video is the best they could get, i'm pleased.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN ESTATE.

The fact that Diana was there is nice, but the reality is all the shows were the same at the end of the day.
I'd prefer if they just called it LIVE AT WEMBLEY, so they could use the best-of each song and edit them seamlessly. And then give a credit at the end saying the dates they were filmed.

It's legendary because they were sitting there? lol

Yes absolutely legendary.

For me I'm glad, I prefer to watch a whole concert.

It's true Lady Di was at that performance but would someone actually buy the DVD solely for that purpose or because, you know, it's MICHAEL JACKSON? lol

Gee, I don't know, that's a toughy :scratch:

Its more marketable? "We have MJ in Bad Quality, but the royals were there watching it and he was performing out of this world. Though the Visual arent great, we have some great audio"

Its more marketable? "We have MJ in Bad Quality, but the royals were there watching it and he was performing out of this world. Though the Visual arent great, we have some great audio"

André89;3643737 said:
I'm not gonna lie, the quality of the footage shown in the clip was a bit of a let down. And I'm sure this is how it is going to look on the DVD as well. It doesn't make sense to relese a clip intended for promotional purposes that is worse than the real product. The streaming of BN at mj.com proved that.

But with that said, I'm still super excited to see the king performing live at Wembley! We've waited many years for this, and finally here it is. Even though the quality isn't what I've hoped for, it's not going to stop me from seeing the show over and over and over agin.

I hope the people who own the rights to the real master tapes one day will make some kind of a deal with the estate to release MJ concerts the way it's supposed to bee seen - in real HQ. But for now, september can't come soon enough! :clap:

I echo your sentiment. I am not saying since the video quality is bad, screw it, I'm not buying it. On the contrary, I'm a very happy customer and I'm more than willing to pay for the CD/DVD package. I'm sure I'll enjoy watching the legendary Bad concert in Wembley.

But still, the FACT is we would love to see Michael in the most glorious medium possible. And, it's important to let the Estate and Sony know fans don't just take whatever. Quality is important. The absence of Blu-ray does not go unnoticed. If fans have been silence and considered every posthumous release the best thing since sliced bread, we might end up having demos completed by Teddy Riley and crappy remixes, instead of untouched demos on Bad 25.

I'm really exited about this. Can't wait until I finally get to see it. I'm kinda sad that TWYMMF isn't going to be on there, but oh well... Crappy video should be fine too, as long as the audio as amazing as it sounds like from the leaked clips. I just hope they don't screw up the audio like they did on the show from Bucharest...

If the only copy we have was Michael's own personal VHS copy, that makes it special to me, personally....Maybe to the general public, knowing that the royals were there that night, it could spark their interest more...But I don't think it's really needed in order to market the DVD....Some people may care, some may not....

If the quality is like this, they should upload it on Youtube, it's a crime to put that on a DVD.

Fan made BAD25 video!!

The uploader is Michael Jackson - but it seems like it is NOT an official account!

Last edited:

^ Looks more like fan-made to me. But I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Interesting convo about quality :blink:

I ONLY care that we get a DVD with a Michael concert on... Am I that easy to please? :smilerolleyes:

I'm still so :tease:that we have something so :punk: to look out for... It was about time, you know...

Not official, guys!

Yeah, I was taking a look at channel. Definately doesn't look like official.

But it is uploaded by - Michael Jackson

SONY must own that account don't they??

After surfing around the user Michael Jackson - it sure does NOT look official. - Sorry. :(

After surfing around the user Michael Jackson - it sure does NOT look official. - Sorry. :(

Don't be sorry....;)

Still gets people pumped up :D

I have edited my original post saying it is fanmade.

I still like the promo actually. It is made the same was as the Wembley Promo there was in the SONY announcement.

Then is it wrong that this "fan-made" teaser gets me more excited than the official one that the estate released yesterday? lol

Back on topic then.....

I hope the Wembley quality is better than what we see in the short clip.

You can't really see MJ's nose and mouth - so bad is the quality... - Hope it is better than that.

Then is it wrong that this "fan-made" teaser gets me more excited than the official one that the estate released yesterday? lol

No, was all exited for a moment there too.

I hope SONY will release many promos, and short clips in the month up to the release!

bahaha! I was thinking the same thing :D

No, it's not wrong...it's whatever floats your boat ;)

Side note: It's just like Birchey's version of HT is fan-made, but it gets to me more than Teddy's version :D (but of course, nothing beats MJ's demo)

BTW.
When T25 was released we got the music videos from the album. They should have added a DVD with all the BAD music videos and the TWYMMF/MITM VMA 88 performance - like they had Motown 25 on T25.

This is one of the best MJ videos ever. - And this is when MJ looked the best IMO.

BTW.
When T25 was released we got the music videos from the album. They should have added a DVD with all the BAD music videos and the TWYMMF/MITM VMA 88 performance - like they had Motown 25 on T25.

This is one of the best MJ videos ever. - And this is when MJ looked the best IMO.

I am happy we will not get all BAD video's AGAIN . . . We already got them all.

OFF topic while we wait...

MJ loved 3D - in the Thriller video there is a poster behind MJ with a poster for a movie in 3D!!

Look at 4:30 - there's a poster for House of Wax 3D. - Surely 3D was not used in cinemas back then, so do you think it is something MJ put there on purpose.

Back