BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For [General Discussion]

Re: Michael Jackson BAD25 - The Announcement We Have All Been Waiting For

Um.. how stupid are HMV? Do they think calling a product they are attempting to sell an "almighty flop" will encourage people to buy it?

I don't know where they got that number 12 million copies?

As for almighty flop, I got to laugh:D
All the fairness, they do compare BAD album sales to Thriller sales, so Bad sales paled by comparison of two of them.
Having said that, I would think it as compliment, Michael had only himself to beat in album sales:D

Um.. how stupid are HMV? Do they think calling a product they are attempting to sell an "almighty flop" will encourage people to buy it?

Indeed, some weird "advertising". :smilerolleyes:

I don't know where they got that number 12 million copies?

As for almighty flop, I got to laugh:D
All the fairness, they do compare BAD album sales to Thriller sales, so Bad sales paled by comparison of two of them.
Having said that, I would think it as compliment, Michael had only himself to beat in album sales:D

No, it isn't just that. They claim the album sold only 12 million copies which is factually inaccurate!

Is hmv serious? Whoever wrote that deserve to be fired. They surely won't earn a dime from me. It's amazing with all the negativities and downplay Michael got, he was still the best of them all! From watching the old media news on YouTube, they reported bad was the second biggest selling album of all time back then.

Afrojack did Michael honor! Well done Estate and Sony. Great choice.

Michael forever.

I have emailed them. Hope the respond or change it. - But I doubt it.

Very strange marketing stragedy to try to sell a flop?? A flop has a negative energy, so it does not make people buy. If it's a flop it must be a poor albums, otherwise people would have bought it and it would have been a succes. - So why buy something that is possibly a poor album and floped??

STUPID!!! - They don't even want the album to sell !!

No, it isn't just that. They claim the album sold only 12 million copies which is factually inaccurate!

Maybe 12 MIL copies just in US. That is possible.

I think Bad has sold around 12 million copies in the US. Maybe the person who wrote the description confused that number with worldwide sales. Or maybe they are misleading customers on purpose. Either way, it's pretty embarrassing. It seems to me HMV is the almighty flop here!

I really dont know if this was mentioned before but the facts are:

- Man in the mirror for the Moonwalker was shot on film
- Another part of me was shot on film
- how about this one, also on film, right? Do you have any idea where its from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBpB1Ok6JA

I am really optimistic about this thing, i think they did film at least one of the shows, the question is who has it :(

they may have filmed some stuff but perhaps not an entire gig and anyone who says they did, where is the proof? why didn't they use some of the clips other than moonwalkers stuff in montages or dvd releases over the years? i just dont see why they would let the film reels go un used unless it wasn't MJs team who did the filming for him, in which case he doesnt own the rights to it?

It's a shame. I think I will e-mail them and tell them to correct it. BAD has sold AT LEAST 35 million copies - nearly 3 times as many as they write!!

And BAD was in NO WAY a flop! - Not even compared to Thriller!!!

i hope they count bad25 towards " bad" sales...
and i hope ,now that all the fans are united..this becomes a great success and sells millions worldwide..i want it to sell like adele's album....but i don't think it wil happen...but i'll be so happy if at least sells 5 mill...that would bring "bad" to 40 mill albums sold worldwide and probably would enter top 5 best selling album worldwide

Alone on certifications Bad sold at least 20 million world wide (and that's just officially certified sales), so the 12 million claim is very, very wrong.

Of course, the HMV description is based only on the US sales - which is a journalistic flop if the reviewer can not check the fundamental facts out...

As for the wordwide sales... come on..., have you read the official MJ estate statement?

'Bad' was originally released on August 31, 1987 and has sold over 45 million copies to date!

I really dont know if this was mentioned before but the facts are:

- Man in the mirror for the Moonwalker was shot on film
- Another part of me was shot on film
- how about this one, also on film, right? Do you have any idea where its from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwBpB1Ok6JA

I am really optimistic about this thing, i think they did film at least one of the shows, the question is who has it :(

This is interesting, had no idea an official live version was up on the real MJ vevo account. Has it really been up since 2009?

This is interesting, had no idea an official live version was up on the real MJ vevo account. Has it really been up since 2009?

Yes, since 2. 10. 2009. This is the only version I can watch in my country. I don't know why.. I can not watch Dirty Diana, Smooth Criminal, Ghosts...

lol HMV are in trouble as it, i think they have potentially lost a lot of sales for this album thanks to a stupid review... No reason to be negative with a product and also whats with the talk of other artists? I won't be buying mine from there for sure!

Funny :) But people are honestly starting to get irritating with the Blu-ray demands :p

BAD 25 LIVE TRAILER made by me ;)

Great trailer MJJLatvia!!

@ Pentum as much as you are my friend I find that Hitler has nothing to do here. Is it funny? Yes it is. But why doing this reaction with Hitler? Why not with some people who din't do any harm to other people like Joe McEnroe:

[youtube]kYLb4gzoRH4[/youtube]

Hitler should be flushed down the toilets of the history's sewers.

Last edited:

@ Pentum as much as you are my friend I find that Hitler has nothing to do here. Is it funny? Yes it is. But why doing this reaction with Hitler? Why not with some people who din't do any harm to other people like Joe McEnroe:

[youtube]kYLb4gzoRH4[/youtube]

Hitler should be flushed down the toilets of the history's sewers.
I didn't make it, so don't ask me.

You guys do get that 'Go Flying' is the man who created the master mix of the wembley shows.
And that he is the man we have to thank, cause he was the one who held on to this master tapes & provided the estate with it.

Last edited:

You guys do get that 'Go Flying' is the man who created the master mix of the wembley shows.
And that he is the man we have to thank, cause he was the one who held on to this master tapes & provided the estate with it.
I think many of us already knew that. I said it before that it's nice that he donated the masters to Sony. Without him, Sony would be releasing this VHS with bad quality sound as well.

Wow.

A harmless video, clearly made as a funny joke can make such bad mood... Some people take things too serious I guess.

Or maybe some just do not understand Scandinavian humour. There are many thousands of different parodies made over that video. - and they are hillarious most of them!

Fuck Hitler

Last edited:

Let's forget about it and check out MJJLatvia's new BAD 25 concert trailer which is excellent!

[youtube]i3JvDLmvjfA[/youtube] ( I know it's already been posted some place)

As a moderator let me say this - This is an important release for many and some people really do not like the off-topic talk whether it's funny or not especially in a situation where there's a new development almost every other day.

Wow.

A harmless video, clearly made as a funny joke can make such bad mood... Some people take things too serious I guess.

Or maybe some just do not understand Scandinavian humour. There are many thousands of different parodies made over that video. - and they are hillarious most of them!

Exactly. The first parody of this clip that I saw was when Cristiano Ronaldo left Manchester United. It's just a joke. It has nothing to do with Hitler.

^^^

I hear you...

Let's stay on topic.

Will there be more Pepsi remixes you think?

Back