Bee Gees

analogue

Proud Member
I think that they are incredible. My favorite song by them will always be You Win Again

OMG!!!! You have no idea how much I love The Bee Gee's! I'm seriously like obsessed with them lol. My fave group ever. I love them so much. When I was younger I wanted to marry Barry lol. I think they're just incredible and was so sad when I learned of Maurice's death :-(. I don't like that most people write them off as a disco act though when they are so much more than that and they're also some of the greatest songwriters ever-Barry Gibb in particular is an excellent songwriter. Their harmonies are so tight tho! I think that's what I like most about them. Robin in particular has a really beautiful, distinctive voice. Probably the best in the group.

Anyway, I enjoy all their music, from the very beginning in the 60's 'till now. It's hard for me to pick my fave song by them though but songs like "To Love Somebody", "Too Much Heaven", "How Deep Is Your Love", "Nights On Broadway", "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart", "One", "Words", "Lonely Days", "Emotions", "Still Waters Run Deep", "Boogie Child", "It's My Neighboorhood", "More Than A Woman", "House Of Shame", and "Alone" are way up there for me. Seriously, I could go on about The Bee Gee's forever, but i'll stop right here and spare you all of having to read my crazy fan girl posts about them any longer lol. I'll probably be back in this thread though :p.

Last edited:
I don't like that most people write them off as a disco act though when they are so much more than that

I know what you mean and i really hate that. Alot of times when i mention Bee Gees to people i normally get a response like ''Oh arn't they that cheesy disco group from the 70's?''

I adore Bee Gees!!! They are amazing! They have so many great songs! ... and not to forget that Michael loves them very much as well. He has good taste! :wink:

I lurrrrrrvveee the Bee Gees :wub:

like really luuurrrvveee them :give_heart:

My fav albums are actually the more recent bodies of work as opposed to the "disco ones" :)

I love Still Waters and I really love This is just where I came in

my fav songs from these two albums are:

- Alone (Still Waters)
- Closer than close (Still Waters)
- Deja Vu (This is just where I came in)
- Embrace (This is just where I came in)
- I could not love you more (Still Waters)
- I surrender (Still Waters)
- I will (Still Waters)
- Man in the Middle (This is just where I came in)
- My Lover's prayer (Still Waters)
- Promise the Earth (This is just where I came in)
- Sacred Trust (This is just where I came in)
- She Keeps on Coming (This is just where I came in)
- Smoke and Mirrors (Still Waters)
- Wedding Day (This is just where I came in)
- When he's gone (High Civilization)

Other than that these are my other fav Bee Gee songs:

New York Mining Disaster 1941
To Love Somebody
Words
I've Gotta Get A Message To You
I Started A Joke
How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?
Run To Me
Jive Talkin'
Nights On Broadway
You Should Be Dancing
How Deep Is Your Love
Night Fever
More Than A Woman
Emotion
Too Much Heaven
Love You Inside Out
Guilty
Heartbreaker
Islands In The Stream
You Win Again
One
Secret Love
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Alone
Immortality
Spicks And Specks

Yes I love my Bee Gees :wub:

real High on my all time Favorite Musical acts Ever list. Great Songwriters, Musicians and overall Performers. they changed there whole thing from the 60's to the 70's and made themselves household names and there music still shines to this very day. Genius Work IMO.

^ I agree

I love watching them when they do those medley's where it's just them and Barry on the guitar :D

Robin's voice is awesome! ^_^

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER SOUNDTRACK, BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I loove those songs, and I got them on my i-pod, but i feel like i need to get to know their other songs....

OH NO!!! I'm a "FAKE FAN" :no: :( :no: :(

[youtube]x5taXY3hrOY&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]jMGEJ6vkOPM&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]ewvl29J4rhs&fmt=18[/youtube]

There really good , they never get there deserving props though. I like them.

I love them. My favorite song is "You Win Again".

I've been listening to them a lot this week... I just love their sound...

I can't recall the exact quote but I remember reading somewhere that Michael said about them, that when Bee Gees are singing you can hear the voice of angels.

I am not that much of a fan but i have a Bee Gees dvd, i think its name is "One night only" or something like that. It is a concert basically. One of my favourite songs is:

[youtube]GM00xmdNAsk[/youtube]

They continue to be one of my most all time favorites. Such an incredibly talented group of brothers, rest in peace Maurice and Andy.

I only wish that the song Michael and Barry worked on together would someday be released. Michael and his children spent time with Barry and his children several years back, and Michael was there for Maurice's funeral. That speaks to me of the respect Michael held for Maurice and the family as well. 2 incredibly loved and gifted families of brothers.

The Gibb brothers were a huge force to be reckoned with for many years, their sound so readily recognizable, yet ever evolving. They were part of my musical listening history throughout several decades, and I still search out their youtube performances frequently, and they still amaze me when I compare them to what is out there now.

Sometimes I get the unexplainable feeling that the remaining brothers have never completely gotten over their loss of Andy and Maurice. :(

I love them.
My favorites right now are:
"Spirits (having flown)" and "Love you inside out" because they remind me of Michael :)

and let's not forget Andy :)

I love "Desire", such a beautiful, romantic, uplifting song :p

[youtube]8HwII4nPcn4&feature=related[/youtube]

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the BEE GEES, LOOOOOOVE THEM,every single song, love them all, they are one of the best musical acts that ever existed and will keep on.

Michael was a fan (and friend) of them :)

'Fanny Be Tender With My Love' (1975)
[youtube]lg0vi8bOIpg[/youtube]

'Love So Right' (1976)
[youtube]83W6BMWxt1g[/youtube]

'More Than A Woman' (1977)
[youtube]wK67GCIPaF4[/youtube]

Marty In LA

There's a Bee Gees tribute on CBS right now. It's been on a little bit over an hour now. Tavares was just on with Jason Derulo. I haven't seen Tavares in awhile and was surprised they were here. It was 4 out of the 5 brothers in the group. I last saw 3 of them perform a few years ago on one of those PBS disco specials during pledge week. Stevie Wonder was on earlier playing harmonica for John Legend, but most of the performances are by currently popular acts.

Bee Gees / I Started a Joke

3m 8s

Lead vocals by the inimitable Robin Gibb.

[youtube]x5taXY3hrOY&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]jMGEJ6vkOPM&fmt=18[/youtube]
[youtube]ewvl29J4rhs&fmt=18[/youtube]
None of these videos are available anymore, and we have no way of knowing what songs they were, seeing as you didn’t annotate the links. 😖

Back