Behind the Mask - Official Discussion Thread

Re: The "Behind the Mask" Thread [Merged]

lol so sad to see fans hateing on this song in some way or another. LOVE this seeings how i didnt know there was another version. I also love the live bit because it makes it sound awesome. now that i know where its from its even better.

ginvid i agree fave song on the whole album.

My favourite track from the whole album. Love the beat!

I lOvE tHiS sOnG, Like REALLY Love!!!!!!!!!! :angel:

My favourite track from the whole album. Love the beat!

Me too.. it is my favorite too.. the most favorite.. but he~he~he~ thing.. it sound familiar too me.. but i couldn't remember where did I heard it.. it was from other song i guess..

How is behind the mask doing on US itunes? and monster, hollywood tonight and another day?

Ok, I am sorry to the haters, but this is probably one of the best Michael Jackson songs of all time. I love the sax, and although the live portions aren't one hundred percent necessary, they don't bother me, I am even sort of into them. Behind the Mask makes Michael a legitimately good album.

Whats up with this lines at 04.40?

"I LOVE YOU BAAABYY" I LOVE YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It hurts my ears hearing that shit. I wish I could remove it from the song.

---
More so, why put live audience noise on a studio album? It ruins a couple of minutes of the song in my opinion. I reckon the crowd noise is poor quality as well.

i like the crowd noise, i think it gives the song a different energy. but yes, the girl at the end should not be there.

The girl at the end is fine its the crowd noise that needs to go.

excuse me

what does "Heaven must be wearing" means?

I'm not a native speaker

Behind the Mask, best of the rest of album and probably one of the best officially released songs of MJ since Bad era. Powerful, melodic, complete, jazzy, funky..

Last edited:

What I great song!
But the girl that's singing near to the end should not be there, I hope that someone would make an alternate mix to it without the crowd and this girl and with the original intro, cause I love these guitar cords in Greg's version.

I can't see this be a single sadly. Why? Because it's actually a great song and heven for bid a great song should get played on mainstream radio today.

I swear that people in the music industry now a days wake up every morning and think to themselves ''Well we really sucked all last year now we really gonna top our selves and suck even more this year''

This might be the best Michael song since Scream. There is just so many layers, i love the sax, the eighties beat, it just makes me want to dance and i don't dance, unless i'm drunk obviously and being Irish thats most weekends. Can't wait to hear it in a club.

I can't see this be a single sadly. Why? Because it's actually a great song and heven for bid a great song should get played on mainstream radio today.

I swear that people in the music industry now a days wake up every morning and think to themselves ''Well we really sucked all last year now we really gonna top our selves and suck even more this year''

Hey you wanna see what is going to be the Irish christmas no 1, personally i love it but there is no music talent in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

I'm afraid this won't be released! Sony thinks they have to release his last songs as singles to be succesfull on the radio ( i think )

I love this one. Obviously, I'm used to the Eric Clapton version but this pisses all over it.

If I could change one thing, I'd remove the 80s sax, I think it really dates it. I love the Bucharest crowd noice and the rest of the production is spot on.

The best 3 tracks on the album are saved til last - definitely.

How is behind the mask doing on US-itunes? And monster, hollywood tonight and another day! Cause monster was at number 94 3 day's ago or so, that's impressive for a single not released

If I could change one thing, I'd remove the 80s sax, I think it really dates it.

Please don't do that.. Sax gloriously fits to song.. Concert crowd is same.

I love this one. Obviously, I'm used to the Eric Clapton version but this pisses all over it.

If I could change one thing, I'd remove the 80s sax, I think it really dates it. I love the Bucharest crowd noice and the rest of the production is spot on.

The best 3 tracks on the album are saved til last - definitely.

I love the sax, i think it fits perfectly.

Behind the Mask is my favourite track from the album at the moment. :heart: :listeningtomusic

I read that Michael wrote additional lyrics to this song. Does anyone know which lyrics these are?

This is still my favorite from Michael. The sax really is dated, but somehow it's so dated that it sounds current again. Like, dated stuff like that you just don't hear anymore, so it has this weird ability to sound fresh again. Love it just the way it is!

I really hate the term dated. If a song is great then it's great. No matter how old the song is. If more people worried about making great music instead of worrying about whether or not a song will sound ''dated'' then the music world would be a much better place

Behind the Mask is my favourite track from the album at the moment. :heart: :listeningtomusic

I read that Michael wrote additional lyrics to this song. Does anyone know which lyrics these are?

It's just referring to the lyrics of the whole song itself I think. The "additional" thing just means that Michael wrote words for the instrumental music that was already there from the Yellow Magic Orchestra.

EDIT: Oh wait, hang on, a quick google and it brings up Chris Mosdell as the original lyricist. Judging by youtube clips of the original YMO version, it seems that it basically just has the vocoder parts with words.

Last edited:

I really hate the term dated. If a song is great then it's great. No matter how old the song is. If more people worried about making great music instead of worrying about whether or not a song will sound ''dated'' then the music world would be a much better place

And all us girls would wear pretty dresses and corsets again... No I agree with you actually, but there's a reason for things being fashionable, they are an expression of the times.. But'you're right. Greatness should be the defining quality, not being trendy or current.

'Behind The Mask' {Lyrics} - Michael Jackson

All along I had to talk about it
Like a two-edged sword, he touched you and it stabbed, uh

All along I knew you were a phony girl (hee hee)
Sit behind the mask and you control your world

Sit around and I watch your face
I try to find the truth, but that's your hiding place, uh

You say you love me but it's hard to see, uh
'Cause when he's in your arms, you're throwing rocks at me

Who do you love? (Heehe Hehe)
Is it me? (Heehe Hehe)
With you?, uh
I don't know
I want (Heehe Hehe)
If he can have it
You know me (Hoo)

(There is nothing in your eyes) There is nothing in your eyes
(But that’s the way you cry) But that’s the way you cry, girl (cry, girl)
(Always been on his side) Always been on his side)
(You're just studying my mind) (ay ay ay aaay)

I walk around, I'm suffering in my doom
When I come to you, sitting in your room

You sit around in the strangest place (Hee Hee Hee)
So take off the mask, so I can see your face

Is it me? (Heehe Hehe)
With you?
I dont know
Who do you love, babe? (Heehe Hehe)
I wantcha (Heehe Hehe)
If he cant have it
I know you (Hoo)

(Heaven must be weary) Heaven must be weary
(You've got me scared) You got me scared, girl
(Insincere, in your tears) Yeap he is, here with you
(Where's your soul? Where'd it go?)You got me scared, girl

(Heaven must be weary) Heaven must be weary
(You've got me scared) You know what you did
(Insincere in your tears) Yeap with you, na na na
(Where's your, where's your soul?) (Hay hay haaay)

{Saxophone Solo}

(Heehe Hehe) [How ya doin!]
(Heehe Hehe)

[How ya doin!]

(Heehe Hehe) [Hee Hee]
(Heehe Hehe)(He He) [Hee Hee]

[Aow]

I walk around, I'm suffering in my doom
When I come to you, sitting in your room

You sit around in the strangest place (Hee Hee Hee)
So take off the mask, so I can see your face

Is it me? (HeeHe Hee)
With you?
I don't know
Who do you love, babe? (Heehe Hehe)
I wantcha (Heehe Hehe)
If he cant have it
I know you

Is it me? (HeeHe Hee)
With you?
I dont know
I want it (Heehe Hehe)
If ya can't have it
I know you

I don't wanna talk about it (let's talk about it) (Heehe Hehe)
I don't wanna talk about it (let's talk about it) (Heehe Hehe)
I don't wanna talk about it (let's talk about it)​

This is still my favorite from Michael. The sax really is dated, but somehow it's so dated that it sounds current again. Like, dated stuff like that you just don't hear anymore, so it has this weird ability to sound fresh again. Love it just the way it is!

sax really dated? sounds current again? sorry but, this approach made today's music as trash. i prefer quality rather than trash.

mjmirror;3144323 said:
It's just referring to the lyrics of the whole song itself I think. The "additional" thing just means that Michael wrote words for the instrumental music that was already there from the Yellow Magic Orchestra.

EDIT: Oh wait, hang on, a quick google and it brings up Chris Mosdell as the original lyricist. Judging by youtube clips of the original YMO version, it seems that it basically just has the vocoder parts with words.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>SV-FI</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Normaali taulukko"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> Thank you so much for this information! :flowers:
The lyrics to the YMO version of Behind the Mask are (according to Youtube) listed below. So it seems that most of the lyrics we hear on Michael´s version of Behind The Mask are his own lyrics. :) :happy:

Lyrics to YMO version of Behind the Mask:
“on the mask you're wearing
it's hairy and scary
doesn't care to shield your fears
only old, but just as cold x2

There is nothing in your eyes,
to mask the way you cry
all is grand,, all is bright
focus on me in your mind x2

is it me, is it you
behind this mask I ask,
is it me, is it you
who wears another face
is it me, is it you
behind this mask I ask.”

sax really dated? sounds current again? sorry but, this approach made today's music as trash. i prefer quality rather than trash.

Just read my second post please. Yes, saxes were used in the eighties to oblivion, just like synthersizers. When I hear them now, I get thrown back to those times. As Michael once said, as music taste changes, great melodies are forever. That's why Behind the Mask still sounds as strong today.

Just read my second post please. Yes, saxes were used in the eighties to oblivion, just like synthersizers. When I hear them now, I get thrown back to those times. As Michael once said, as music taste changes, great melodies are forever. That's why Behind the Mask still sounds as strong today.

it's the greatest song in a long time.

Back