Behind the Mask - Official Discussion Thread

Re: The "Behind the Mask" Thread [Merged]

Have you guys noticed the "How YOOOOOOOOU DOING" part? I think it's taken from the HIStory tour!! 3:29-3:30 onwards!! It's just awesome!

That's dangerous tour bro :)
There's also the live bits at the start from the toaster :D

Loving it

I've said more than enough that I absolutely love this song. But there's a little thing which I don't like: The ending where someone shreeks, after Michael sang "I don't wanna talk about it". I think it's a woman vioce but I'm not sure about it. However, it sounds strange and doesn't fit.

That's actually Shanice Wilson provides background vocals in the ending part of the song. And yes, "Behind The Mask" also has audience noises from the Dangerous Tour concert in Bucharest 1992.

My favourite song from the new album!! I hope it gets released as a single

I have been listening to this song over and over - it reminds me of something off of Destiny or Triumph...but i can'q quite figure out what yet. Great song though!

There is NO comparison between Michael and Thriller, Michael is just way better, plain and simple, on Thriller there are about 4 great tracks and the others are just... bleh i prefer Off The Wall and Bad to Thriller

Interesting you should say that, I love Thriller, and his other albums, but I have to say I love every track of this album and that is the only time I've been able to say that about any of this albums. I think Michael is def. one of his very best!

Am i the only one who loves the mysterious sax at the start? I actually prefer it to the "Da da da dan da da da da dan" on keyboards from Greg's version. I think that intro was changed because it sounded very dated.

No I love the sax also. It adds to the song, and I don't mind the crowd noise at all. Strangely enough it doesn't seem dated, whoever did the new production did an exceptional job. Love the song!

excuse me

what does "Heaven must be wearing" means?

I'm not a native speaker

Who do you luuurrrve, baby!!!

:punk::jump::rogerfriedman::sarmoti:bounce:kickass:

I love this track!!!!!! Currently my fav from the album (sorry so excited i have to write in caps!)

this is such a good song, when I heard the title, I guessed it was gonna be about MJ's real life compared to how the media protrayed him or something. Deffinatly one of the highlights, I love this album, besides the cotroversy its amazing, I don't get the bad ratings... People need to stop comparing it to his other work, and compare to any album in the charts right now, because you won't find a better one !! :)

I like that song, and it even sounds like Michael Jackson.

A lot of people were complaining about the crowd sounds and MJ's live vocals, but personally I think it adds a lot of depth and atmosphere to the song. For instance the 'Aow!' just before the verse after the bridge sets it up nicely by taking things up a notch....am I making sense?

it is not my fave of the album but as much as I hear it.... I love it!

Took we a while to get used to this version of the song, but I love it. It's interesting having the woman respond at the end.

Hands down, my favorite from the album.

Totally!

Repeat on!!!

I love this song but I absolutely hate the screeching woman at the end. It's so unnecessary!

The crowd noise is from the Jacksons Live CD, I think.

The crowd noise is from Dangerous Tour, Bucharest...

Whats up with this lines at 04.40?

"I LOVE YOU BAAABYY" I LOVE YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It hurts my ears hearing that shit. I wish I could remove it from the song.

---
More so, why put live audience noise on a studio album? It ruins a couple of minutes of the song in my opinion. I reckon the crowd noise is poor quality as well.

the crowd recording reminds me of 'mother love' by queen, on their album 'made in heaven'. it has clips of freddie talking to a crowd during a concert also and btm reminds me of that song, also on the first album released after his death.

Back