Best "Make a Better World" Song?

What is the best "Make the world a better place" song?

• Total voters

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Re: Best "Make a better world"-song?

What about We've had enough?

for me its a tie between MITM and Heal The World. Two incredible beautiful songs!

LaNixie

Proud Member

From those, The Lost Children... I have a soft spot for it in my heart (+I heard Prince J is one of the kids)

Billyjeanplxiv

Proud Member

We Are The World studio and demo
Cry
We are here to change the world
We've Had Enough....

this poll is missing alot of songs

Hunterr

Proud Member

Better poll:

Can You Feel It
We Are The World
We Are Here To Change The World
Man In The Mirror
Heal The World
Earth Song
Cry
What More Can I Give

not sure if these would belong in same vein:
Be Not Always
The Lost Children
HIStory

qbee

Proud Member

and No message can be any clearer.
If you want to make the world a better place. Take a look at yourself and make that change
~ MJ

So of these choices Ill say MITM - There are so many good one not included

Heal the world also has a great mesage - and it is written by Michael :wub:

Proud Member

anything Michael had anything to do with, in my opinion, is the best Make a better world song. I might as well not vote, because I love all of them. Cry, Keep the Faith, Heal The World, MITM, etc. Even when he said 'we will bring salvation back' in 'I'll Be There' hope began in music.

Sunnie23

Proud Member

MITM
It just has a lil something more than the others, but don't ask me what!! It's just a Feeling I suppose!! ;)

kaleen_jean

Proud Member

MITM

It doesn't say I want to change the world it says I want us all to change so we can all make a better world

Smile

Proud Member

Man in the mirror

Roger

Proud Member

MITM- Wonderful melody and music, MJ's voice is just so powerful especially the ad-libs during the live performances.

Daryll748

Proud Member

Man in the mirror all the way :bow: Such a powerfull and awesome message :angel:

barbee0715

Proud Member

I voted MITM because it's one of Michael's best performances, and I could watch it over and over and over. But for all round "Make a better world" song, I would have voted for "We are the World" had it been included.

reibish

Proud Member

I just want to say I was very impressed and happy with the inclusion of The Lost Children, it's truly a wonderful gem of a song (one of my favorites is that it's in swingtime, not something Michael often worked with, definitely makes it a bit more magical).

I voted HTW for a few reasons: 1) I have not been able to listen to MITM since he died. I mean, I HAVE listened to it, but rarely ever voluntarily and it makes me cry every. Single. Time. And not in a good way :(
2) HTW is one of those songs that took years to grow on me. I loved it as a kid, but I guess grew away from it a bit during my teen years, in my late teens I started to appreciate it again, and after he died - it's like THE song that encompasses his whole essence. HTW is Michael, it is Neverland, it is love, it is everything. It's not my most favorite song, but I'm glad I was able to start to really "get it" before he died, afterwards it was one of the few songs that brought me pure comfort.
3) There are a ton more options that fill the spots between these three songs. But if its down to these three, HTW wins for me - though it is a very close call. I love all the songs for their different reasons, even if MITM is not a good thing for me to listen to.

Hess

Proud Member

If I have to choose only between these 3 songs I would pick MITM !

So powerful, so strong - perfect!

I could never ever get tired of MITM no matter how many times I heard it.

Danja

Proud Member

anything Michael had anything to do with, in my opinion, is the best Make a better world song. I might as well not vote, because I love all of them. Cry, Keep the Faith, Heal The World, MITM, etc. Even when he said 'we will bring salvation back' in 'I'll Be There' hope began in music.

I agree, starting from, "We Are The World" to "Cry", I can't pick...I even love the Jacksons' "Man of War", "Be Not Always", "Show You the Way to Go".

MJsBollywoodGirl7

Proud Member

Earth Song totally gets my vote. Even though it was forgotten about. It was that video of that song. That seriously made me change my views on the Earth. And how it also stopped me from wearing dead animal furs. Those songs that are listed. I used to so L.O.V.E. those songs when we still had him. But now personally they no longer exist to me. Most especially the first one which is 100% pure poison to me. Has been ever since that horrible July day of that horrible year.

Condor9333

Proud Member

4.) What More Can I Give.

p.s. IMO it would e better to place Earth Song and We Are The World instead The Lost Children in poll.