Best "Make a Better World" Song?

What is the best "Make the world a better place" song?

• Total voters
Re: Best "Make a better world"-song?

anything Michael had anything to do with, in my opinion, is the best Make a better world song. I might as well not vote, because I love all of them. Cry, Keep the Faith, Heal The World, MITM, etc. Even when he said 'we will bring salvation back' in 'I'll Be There' hope began in music.

MITM
It just has a lil something more than the others, but don't ask me what!! It's just a Feeling I suppose!! ;)

MITM

It doesn't say I want to change the world it says I want us all to change so we can all make a better world

Man in the mirror

MITM- Wonderful melody and music, MJ's voice is just so powerful especially the ad-libs during the live performances.

Man in the mirror all the way :bow: Such a powerfull and awesome message :angel:

I voted MITM because it's one of Michael's best performances, and I could watch it over and over and over. But for all round "Make a better world" song, I would have voted for "We are the World" had it been included.

I just want to say I was very impressed and happy with the inclusion of The Lost Children, it's truly a wonderful gem of a song (one of my favorites is that it's in swingtime, not something Michael often worked with, definitely makes it a bit more magical).

I voted HTW for a few reasons: 1) I have not been able to listen to MITM since he died. I mean, I HAVE listened to it, but rarely ever voluntarily and it makes me cry every. Single. Time. And not in a good way :(
2) HTW is one of those songs that took years to grow on me. I loved it as a kid, but I guess grew away from it a bit during my teen years, in my late teens I started to appreciate it again, and after he died - it's like THE song that encompasses his whole essence. HTW is Michael, it is Neverland, it is love, it is everything. It's not my most favorite song, but I'm glad I was able to start to really "get it" before he died, afterwards it was one of the few songs that brought me pure comfort.
3) There are a ton more options that fill the spots between these three songs. But if its down to these three, HTW wins for me - though it is a very close call. I love all the songs for their different reasons, even if MITM is not a good thing for me to listen to.

If I have to choose only between these 3 songs I would pick MITM !

So powerful, so strong - perfect!

I could never ever get tired of MITM no matter how many times I heard it.

anything Michael had anything to do with, in my opinion, is the best Make a better world song. I might as well not vote, because I love all of them. Cry, Keep the Faith, Heal The World, MITM, etc. Even when he said 'we will bring salvation back' in 'I'll Be There' hope began in music.

I agree, starting from, "We Are The World" to "Cry", I can't pick...I even love the Jacksons' "Man of War", "Be Not Always", "Show You the Way to Go".

Earth Song totally gets my vote. Even though it was forgotten about. It was that video of that song. That seriously made me change my views on the Earth. And how it also stopped me from wearing dead animal furs. Those songs that are listed. I used to so L.O.V.E. those songs when we still had him. But now personally they no longer exist to me. Most especially the first one which is 100% pure poison to me. Has been ever since that horrible July day of that horrible year.

4.) What More Can I Give.

p.s. IMO it would e better to place Earth Song and We Are The World instead The Lost Children in poll.

Man In The Mirror. Definetly.

I think Heal the World gets the message across a bit better but Man in the Mirror is the better song in my opinion....if that makes sense?

Man in the mirror, haven't voted as it is only my 5th post. Nothing compares to that song. Yet can not understand why Earth song and Human nature are not there either. Michael is addressing the same ideas in those.

The poll is missing a lot of songs, like "Cry", "Earth Song", "History", "Keep The Faith", "On The Line", "Shout" (yes, "Shout"), "We Are The World", "We've Had Enough" and "What More Can I Give".

Anyway, I consider "Man In The Mirror" to be the best one.

Even if I LOVE man in the mirror, Heal the World is the best IMO. That song is pure Michael, you can feel he put his soul in it in every word, and also, Earth Song, that's a tie between the two for me.

Also, I know it was never released, but I love 'What can I give' - beautiful composition by Mike :)[/QUOTE]

It was released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'we are the world' the lyrics are straightforward, compassionate, and practical at the same time.

has a simple and memorable melody. it's masterfully arranged and builds as it progresses. really set the blueprint for the others that followed.

He had more "make the world a better place songs" than are available on the poll; my favorite of all those would be Earth Song, it moves me deeply. But out of the options available, Man in the Mirror by a huge margin.

Man in the Mirror - that song could only be Michael, and it was the first (after We Are The World). I :heart: it SO much. Earth song is incredible, but as Travis Payne said; 'it stops me in my tracks' and so I don't listen to it as much, because I literally break down when I hear it :mello:

Cry isn't on the list either? or We are here to Change the World and Another Part of Me...to me these are all about changing the world.

Also, I know it was never released, but I love 'What can I give' - beautiful composition by Mike :)

I agree with your post...there probably should be a few more choices on the poll.

"Cry" always seems to fly under the radar. "What More Can I Give" is an excellent song.
Also "We've Had Enough".....but it's probably more a protest/social conscience song.

I voted for "Man in the Mirror"....nothing tops that song, in my opinion. Nothing ever will.

I legit think that if MJ had released "We've Had Enough" on Invincible in the wake of 9/11, popular support for war in the Middle East might have been way less than it was in our timeline.

Back