Best Smartphone ?

wendijane

Proud Member
Hi
Just curious to which phone the fam prefer to use in your daily life?
Is Nokia better than IPhone etc
Siri or Cortana?
Sony or Samsung?
Feel free to discuss here and add info

Samsung Galaxy. Only because it was free with my plan.:)

I really like my iphone 4. But I only have it bc my brother gave me his old one when he upgraded. I broke down and got wifi so I didn't use cell phone minutes. But I use it for everything but a phone. I don't like talking on it at all.
Many people have told me that Samsung is not only cheaper but better.

I don't know about better but I really only use it for calls and the occasional text. For pics and music I use my ipod.

I never had a smartphone yet. But I would go for what my mom has which is Samsung Galaxy.

iphone 6! does (almost) everything you could want a phone to do

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. It has the looks, it has the specs. You can do much more with it than a restricted iPhone.

I have a Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows 8.1

I think Siri is more advanced socially - she recognizes phrases and dialects better, but Cortana can actually do more that's way more useful, intuitive, and efficient with the windows system.

Sadly it looks as though the Lumia high-end line is about to die :( I had been hoping to upgrade to the 1500s when I renew my Verizon contract next year; alas, they may not carry the Lumia much longer. It sucks because if you like social media and video/photo chat, the camera is amazing. So, I hope that they don't in fact lose out on the Lumia, 'cause I personally love it. I won't change OS though - so if they don't carry it I think my only option would be to go to HTC to keep the Windows. Blah!

It really depends on what you are looking for.. iPhone is the starbucks of phones.. Has some good stuff but true coffee lovers know that's not where to go for good coffee.

for me I like to look for something with removable memory, good camera, and check reviews to make sure no major glitches happen.. Now days any smartphone can basically be at lease decent.

Right now consumer review top Galexy S6 as the best.. that does not mean it would be your favorite though.

I don't know about better but I really only use it for calls and the occasional text. For pics and music I use my ipod.
Yep, phone is something you need like to call 911 & the rest of the stuff is nice but you can without it. I've gotta an old ipod for music and basic nokia

Well I'm definitely getting the brand new iPhone 6S+!

I've looked extensively into Android but there's little about it that iOS doesn't have that appeals to me and I also greatly prefer the design of iOS over Android. I also love the fact that I'll be pretty much guaranteed updates for a good 5 years, whereas Android phones are notorious for not receiving updates after a year or so of release since your carrier has to issue the update apparently. I could get a Nexus phone but ehh I don't like the way they look. My iPhone 4S, which has been my phone since 2012, came out in 2011. It will receive updates from Apple until late 2016, which is honestly unheard of in this day and age and still runs very well.

The camera is very impressive and sure, there might be phones with more megapixels, but there is far more to a quality image than megapixels. Never mind the fact Apple has a great ecosystem, amazing support, more often than not also get apps first (usually because there's more money in iOS than Android typically, as iOS users tend to spend more than Android). Very interested to see how the new 3DTouch+ comes into play as well.

Android certainly has its advantages and I can definitely see why people use it, but I am extremely happy with Apple and their iPhones. Sure, they cost a bit more but it's a device I use heavily (just about every day) and considering the excellent support I get and I know this device will still be working great in the years to come (as all my Apple devices have), I'm very happy to spend the extra bucks and go with Apple.

It's all about personal preference really. Android works great for some people, whereas iOS works great for others, like me! :)

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. It has the looks, it has the specs. You can do much more with it than a restricted iPhone.

I upgraded to that phone when I renewed my plan and I LOVE IT! I'm constantly taking pics/video of nature and my cats and the camera is awesome. :woohoo:

It's nice to see my thread still going. thanks guys I hope it could serve some purpose :)
So ,I had iPhone 5 and a ..wait for it,purple Sony xperia M2, but the speaker busted on it recently which is Dillion Frances fault for making that ehmaugawd song/skit with Sonny I adore so much ha-ha ... so I'm using a Timmy for now.

I believe the new Xperia , but for now I'm using the Z2 Xscape edition

I own a Samsung S5 and previously owned an iPhone 4. Switching to Samsung is the best thing that could have happened to me (phone wise, lol) because the Samsung has so many more options for customizing. Also the camera is way better than on the iPhone and I really just cant stand iTunes....... :cheeky:

Since my Samsung Galaxy S3 screen broke, I've been using a Nokia Lumia 710 :p I haven't got a new phone yet, but I personally like Android better than IOS. In Android, you can access files/folders and stuff. I use my phone sometimes for downloading stuff and copying them into my computer. And Android also supports FLAC files and Hi-Fi audio such as 24 bit vinyl rips.

Since my Samsung Galaxy S3 screen broke, I've been using a Nokia Lumia 710 :p I haven't got a new phone yet, but I personally like Android better than IOS. In Android, you can access files/folders and stuff. I use my phone sometimes for downloading stuff and copying them into my computer. And Android also supports FLAC files and Hi-Fi audio such as 24 bit vinyl rips.

I agree. I do this too. I scan documents and save/email/upload them. I find android so much easier to work with than IOS.

I have an iPhone 5 and Sony Xperia but I'm looking to move on to the well reviewed Samsung Galaxy S7 despite this:

South Korea Media Repeat Anti-Semitic Canards Ahead of Merger Vote

JERUSALEM (JTA) — South Korean media have repeated anti-Semitic canards about Jews and money in the face of a corporate merger vote.

“Jews are known to wield enormous power on Wall Street and in global financial circles,” according to a column on a South Korean news website. “It is a well-known fact that the U.S. government is swayed by Jewish capital.”

The news was first reported Thursday by the Times of Israel.

The South Korean website MoneyToday also wrote about Jewish influence in “a number of domains,” citing a financial industry source.

On July 17, the shareholders of the construction company Samsung C&T will vote on a merger with Cheil Industries. Both are subsidiaries of the Samsung Group, the country’s largest family-controlled conglomerate, and the merger is part of a consolidation effort.

Lobbying against the merger, which is popular in South Korea, is the New York-based hedge fund Elliott Associates, which is owned and managed by Paul Singer, who is Jewish.

Singer is described on the news website Mediapen.com as a “greedy, ruthless head of a notorious hedge fund” that has received support from the Institutional Shareholder Services, or ISS, a proxy advisory firm, because of “Jewish money.”

Articles claimed that ISS is under Jewish influence because it is owned by MSCI, formerly Morgan Stanley Capital International, “which is owned by Jewish major shareholders.” MSCI sold ISS more than a year ago, according to the Times of Israel.

“According to the finance industry, the fact that Elliott and ISS are both Jewish institutions cannot be ignored,” MoneyToday reported. “Elliott is led by a Jew, Paul E. Singer, and ISS is an affiliate of Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI), whose key shareholders are Jewish. According to a source in the finance industry, Jews have a robust network demonstrating influence in a number of domains."

South Korea Media Repeat Anti-Semitic Canards Ahead of Merger Vote
Fight Over One of the World’s Largest Tech Companies Turns Anti-Semitic

Back