Book a screening of This Is It for mjjcommunity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Danielle,

Thanks for your email… I have passed it on and if there are any tickets available for you someone will be in touch, however, as I'm sure you can appreciate the demand is huge!

Very best,

Sarah

Right this is a message i have just gotten from sony. Its not a yes but it is not a no! So i will keep asking and try and keep the idea fresh in there mind!

nd if there are any tickets available for you someone will be in touch, however, as I'm sure you can appreciate the demand is huge!
why shouldnt any not be available? reply seems abit strange. what did u ask in your email.

Hi i rang you earlier regarding the This is it Film. I am a member off a very large Michael Jackson Fan club called MJJC! As you can imagine we all have very mixed emotions regarding the film being released about The final rehersals that Our idol Michael did! We are very excited at the thought of seeing the show that was going to be the best comeback ever but at the same time know how sad and emotional it is going to be to see Michael on stage for the final time. This is why i come to you with this idea.

We were wondering if there was anyway there could be some sort of private showing or a premier the fans could attend to see this film! With there only being a 2 week run of the film alot of the fans are worried they will not get a ticket and see e bay prices being the only way off seeing Michael one last time. Many of the fans myself included ended up paying over 1000 pounds to get tickets for the tour and are worried this is going to happen again with these cinema tickets! The other thing alot of the fans are concerned about is how emotional it will be watching this film. As u can imagine this was meant to be many Michael fans first time of seeing him live. Sadly this was not meant to be. Michael Jackson fans are more then just fans they are a family and we would love to be able to watch this together, to sing together one last time and to cry together for the loss of our hero!

We would all be willing to pay up front for whatever cost this may be we just dont have the means to organise this that is what i am writting to ask well beg for your help!

Many thanks Danielle Lemmon.

This is the email i sent!

ok thanks.

from that reply it seems they dont care to much.aslong as the tickets sell which obviously they will they dont care about organising anything for anyone. keep on their backs and hopefully this wont be the case

yeah fingers crossed something can be arranged. nice one for doing it

if we want to book out a screen then they will require full payment for that in advance

That is true. Poeple would need to pay their part in advance otherwise the danger is that one person has paid out a lot of money to secure the venue on a set date they could be out of pocket if people can't make the date etc and not enough tickets are sold to cover the total cost.

Also you can bargain with the venue as they make a lot of profit on the popcorn and drinks and reminding them of that fact will help get a decent price.

1, Sidewalk
2, Redridinghood
3, MichaelFanNo1
4, tomthedude
5, AdamBa17 (+3)
6, Sarah.lovess.MJ (+1)
7, madbdamj
8, michaels wendy bird
9, Michaels.Art.Nouveau
10, orianalee
11, sunnyday81
12, prismsagainst5live
13, man_in_the_mirror
14, jsimpson9
15, Andrew Ryan
16,michaelloverforever1980
17, Mrs. Music
18, Swirly
19, 82Thriller84
20, StaceyMJ
21, Susie.Q
22, mjrocks
23. Love.him
24, Andrew Ryan's Friend (+3)
25,mjrocks's sis
26. blue_eyed_belle
27, thrillerchild
28, annies ok
29, xscape guy 2003
30, darkphoenixwing
31, anotherpartofme
32, anotherpartofme's friend (+2)
33. Cherie (+4)
34. egi (+1)
35. Limonali
36.Motsey (+2)
37. risky
38.claire64
39, katdee1987 (+8)

update, its plus 3 for me now

1, Sidewalk
2, Redridinghood
3, MichaelFanNo1
4, tomthedude
5, AdamBa17 (+3)
6, Sarah.lovess.MJ (+1)
7, madbdamj
8, michaels wendy bird
9, Michaels.Art.Nouveau
10, orianalee
11, sunnyday81
12, prismsagainst5live
13, man_in_the_mirror
14, jsimpson9
15, Andrew Ryan
16,michaelloverforever1980
17, Mrs. Music
18, Swirly
19, 82Thriller84
20, StaceyMJ
21, Susie.Q
22, mjrocks
23. Love.him
24, Andrew Ryan's Friend (+3)
25,mjrocks's sis
26. blue_eyed_belle
27, thrillerchild
28, annies ok
29, xscape guy 2003
30, darkphoenixwing
31, anotherpartofme
32, anotherpartofme's friend (+2)
33. Cherie (+4)
34. egi (+1)
35. Limonali
36.Motsey (+2)
37. risky
38.claire64
39, katdee1987 (+8)
40.Jade_13

I think this is a great idea! I'm not 100% sure if i can definatly go yet because it depends on the time and if i can get there.

Maybe we should contact a cinema to try and book with them? I don't think Sony give a **** unfortunately. :(

yeah you would be just better doing that. how many ppl does a normal cinema hold. i aint bene in one since men in black 2 for mj in 2002! how i had to suffer for 5 secs of mike.

Thats an idea booking a cinema but with there only being a limited amount off tickets we may not all ge
yeah thats true. the problem is we dont know how tickets are gonna be sold.its not like u can book the 8pm screening and pay for it in the normal sense.so maybe in the long run the only option would be getting the tickets and the venue all in one ie direct from sony but i dont rate that chance as much

Thats an idea booking a cinema but with there only being a limited amount off tickets we may not all get them but i wil happily passon my e mail to all the cinemas in london lol xxx

We need to book the biggest cinema in London.....The ODEON in Leicester sq is the biggest! we should also contact them regarding this matter!

Oh ok i was thinking u would have to pay like a deposit of a £1000 or something to hold it,
i dunno. i guess u would have to pay in full

just wondering what happens if we cant feel the seats??so hope this happen xxx
thats the thing u need to fill it cause u will have to pay for every seat. unless ppl pay double for a ticket to cover the cost

It's tricky cuz details like ticket prices probably won't be released until Sept 27th or whenever it is and by then it'll probably be too late. We should contact cinemas now to see what they say...maybe Gaz could help us with this?

I'd be willing to pay more than the normal price to do this, really don't wanna watch it with a load of randoms tbh.

t's tricky cuz details like ticket prices probably won't be released until Sept 27th or whenever it is and by then it'll probably be too late. We should contact cinemas now to see what they say...maybe Gaz could help us with this?
yeah thats the prob its not like a normal release where u can contact a cinema and ask to book out a certain viewing. unless sony give out tickets for a set viewing then if its gonna be anything like normal theres no way everyone can just go on the comp and book the 8pm showing when the tickets go on sale.it will be like with the concerts. everyone making plans to attend xy and z show and in the end everyonewas just gratefull to grab whatever they could in the general sale

yeah thats the prob its not like a normal release where u can contact a cinema and ask to book out a certain viewing. unless sony give out tickets for a set viewing then if its gonna be anything like normal theres no way everyone can just go on the comp and book the 8pm showing when the tickets go on sale.it will be like with the concerts. everyone making plans to attend xy and z show and in the end everyonewas just gratefull to grab whatever they could in the general sale

Bet there is going to be many of us that dont get tickets :cry:,i wld deffly pay more for a ticket,not to much though as i havent got alot of money xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back