Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

Re: Brad Sundberg seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

My only complaint about these seminars is that they are massively expensive. The price isn't outlandish by any means, what with the information Brad shares and the cost of the studios he rents and whatnot, but it's still hefty. It's far too expensive for me to be able to afford unfortunately, so any and all information to be shared is welcome!

Whenever I've attended, I've treated them as 'annual holiday- at-home'.... because when Brad comes to my home country, they are much cheaper for me than flying to the USA, and are also less than the price of combined local rail travel, hotel and theatre booking packages at home.

Brad has been doing 'Buy one ticket and bring a friend' to some distant locations, so they are worth looking out for. He must spend a fortune on air travel and studio hire, so I can well understand why tickets are not 'as cheap as chips'. The sessions are a 'once or twice in a lifetime' experience for most people, really .

There is a ton of information about these sessions in the earlier pages of this thread, and so I'd recommend reading all the previous pages (including Brad's own posts included in them). This will give you a very good idea about the content, and in some detail too. In fact even better, because some aspects are no longer presented in the sessions.

My only complaint about these seminars is that they are massively expensive. The price isn't outlandish by any means, what with the information Brad shares and the cost of the studios he rents and whatnot, but it's still hefty. It's far too expensive for me to be able to afford unfortunately, so any and all information to be shared is welcome!

I know what you're saying but I'd like to point out you get a LOT of hours for your entry fee.

^^They are expensive and I wouldn't be able to afford it, if they came here either.
BUT a book? I'd stand in line for that. Brad's gifted with words: every single solitary story he's written on Facebook has made me feel like I'm in the room. I hope he writes it soon.

Oh certainly - a book would be absolutely glorious! I hope he makes progress with it!

Brad Sundberg is hosting his "In the studio with MJ" 100th SEMINAR! March 17-18-19, 2017 in Paris where the first one was held 5 years ago
"Paris, France
March 17th & 19th
SAE Studios Paris
45 avenue Victor Hugo Building 229 93300 Aubervilliers
DISCOUNT TICKETS UNTIL FEBRUARY 20, 2017

In The Studio With MJ – The Centennial Celebration in Paris

This is the weekend that we celebrate our 100th ITSWMJ event since we launched in Paris five years ago! An amazing milestone worth celebrating with my friends and Studio Rats new and old! There will be surprises and special treats all through the weekend – I hope you can join us.

Friday – VIP Listening Session
A great way to hear Michael’s music and mixes in a way you have never heard them before. Brad will take you through songs and let you hear things you have never heard before, in a great sounding studio. Very limited seating, a very unique way to explore Michael’s mixes.

Saturday – The Seminar
Four studio albums. Countless sessions. Video mixes. Dance mixes. Three world tours. A ranch called “Neverland.” This was Brad Sundberg’s life and career for nearly 18 years, working closely with the King of Pop himself, Michael Jackson. This is your chance to hear of the music, the stories behind the music, and what it was like to be a part of Michael’s team. This is a one-of-a-kind music, photo and video-filled seminar.
Brad had the opportunity to work closely in the studio and at Neverland Valley Ranch with Michael Jackson. He was Michael’s technical director and one of the engineers on four studio albums including “Bad”, “Dangerous”, “HIStory”, and “Blood On The Dancefloor.” (Michael even gave Brad the nickname “Really, Really Brad”.) These mammoth projects (including production, tour-prep and countless remixes) took upwards of 16 months each. You will see and hear what it was like to be in the studio with Michael and the team of engineers and producers who created these songs, through a carefully crafted timeline of music, video and behind-the-scenes info. From “Captain Eo” to “Man In The Mirror” to “Smile”, Brad was there, and you will hear about the production process.
Brad is generous with his insights and knowledge, and there will be time for questions. The multi-media seminar features many new segments and dual video screens to bring you into the studio like you never thought was possible.
If you are a fan of Michael’s music, or are curious about how those albums were recorded and the staggering amount of tapes, tracks and time invested, you will not want to miss “In The Studio With MJ 2017”.

Sunday – The Extended Remix
The Extended Remix is part seminar, part listening session, part MJU recap, part hands-on mixing to some of your favorite songs. Fewer stories, more music, lots of things to discover. A very casual, one-of-a-kind, hands-on event in the studio hearing music in a whole new way.
Included in “The Extended Remix” is the Tour Of Neverland segment. Michael tapped Brad to help in the early days of designing and building Neverland Valley Ranch, his incredible home. The ranch was filled with rides, music and surprises waiting to be discovered. He commissioned Brad to bring music to virtually ever corner. Michael would even give him specific playlists for certain areas of the ranch, to create just the right environment. The Tour Of Neverland will give you a sense of the size, attention to detail and creative magic of Michael’s dream home.
Think of it as hanging out in a studio – or even a family room – with Brad as he plays mixes, video clips, photos anything else that won’t fit into the seminar. Try your hand at building a dance mix. Dig deep into the catalog and hear Michael’s music as if for the first time. Bigger and better than ever – The Extended Remix is a day you will not soon forget!
Truly a very unique experience for Michael’s fans."

Be sure to “Like” our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/inthestudiowithmj
website and tickets

"http://inthestudiowithmj.com/paris/

More (possible) dates from Brad for 2017 and up to Spring 2018.

Contact Brad if you know of a fan group, music school, etc., that could either help or would enjoy attending.

March 18 - Paris
April 22 - Houston
May 6 - Mexico City
May 20 - New York City
June 24 - Orlando
July 22 - San Paulo, Brazil
August 26 - Minneapolis
September - TBD (San Francisco?)
October 14 - Madrid, Spain
October 21 - Oslo, Norway
November 4 - Edmonton, Canada

January 20 - Tokyo, Japan
January 27 - Osaka, Japan
Spring 2018 - Moscow, Russia
Spring 2018 - Poznan, Poland

Thanks for your support of "In The Studio With MJ"! I look forward to seeing many of you very soon.
- Brad

http://inthestudiowithmj.com/

Man there's been so many seminars and various MJ related events.. none of which I've been lucky enough to take part in.. IDK why at least some of these do not turn into documentaries of some sort.

Man there's been so many seminars and various MJ related events.. none of which I've been lucky enough to take part in.. IDK why at least some of these do not turn into documentaries of some sort.
Me too-they'd be great documentaries or the basis of some great ones.
Or at least a book. I'm in love with the way he writes.

I do not believe he's actually coming to Houston of all places-not enough notice to start saving for something like this. I wonder where they will have it?

Last edited:

Isn't it crazy Brad was never approached for Bad 25? Yet Justin Beiber was.

Latest from Brad:

They say everything's bigger in Texas!
Saturday, April 22, 2017 - "In The Studio With MJ" is coming to Austin, Texas! We will be debuting our first-ever Texas event at the beautiful Stinson Studios.
I am offering two events on the same day.

At 11am we will launch into the 2017 version of "In The Studio With MJ". This is the full seminar with new songs, segments and video clips.
At 6pm we'll shift gears and start "The Tour Of Neverland" and "The Extended Remix" and go until they throw us out (or more likely we'll stop around 9:30pm).

Two great events in one day - MJ in Texas!
Tickets will go on sale this evening, but I wanted to give you time to ponder it while you're saddling up for an afternoon ride, or whatever it is Texans do.
We'll be announcing and launching ticket sales for a lot of events over the next few days, so stay tuned...

http://stinsonstudios.com/

O_O ... AWESOME!!!

I couldn't believe reading this to be honest... I had resigned to ever being able to go to one of the seminars. I can't believe I'm going to be a 1-hour drive away from one of these events, thank you a ton for sharing, myosotis.

If you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask at the event, please let me know.

I don't have any questions, but would appreciate just a write up of whatever you can share. Enjoy!

I don't have any questions, but would appreciate just a write up of whatever you can share. Enjoy!
Im pretty sure Brad asks people to share little to nothing about the seminars unfortunately

O_O ... AWESOME!!!

I couldn't believe reading this to be honest... I had resigned to ever being able to go to one of the seminars. I can't believe I'm going to be a 1-hour drive away from one of these events, thank you a ton for sharing, myosotis.

If you guys have any questions you'd like me to ask at the event, please let me know.

So glad you can go.....you'll have a wonderful time. :) (I'd go to them all, if I could)

Latest from Brad:

We will be in Austin, Texas exactly one month from today! I have never done an event in Texas before, and it was a bit of a last-minute addition, so PLEASE reach out to your friends, MJ groups, etc., in Texas and the midwest and let them know we are coming! I just posted on the ITSWMJ page, so feel free to encourage people to join me in the studio.

Mexico City will hopefully be on sale tonight.

I am looking very seriously at coming back to LA in June. We have a group coming from China who is interested, so we are putting some ideas together.
We will also be in Orlando in June as promised.

Also on the horizon: New York, Madrid, Milan, San Paulo, London, Minneapolis, Tokyo, Osaka, Moscow, Oslo and several others.

The Centennial in Paris was a lot of fun, and it was so good to see many old friends - including several who were at the very first event five years ago at Les Studios de la Sienne!
Now - I have some amazing new segments in the 2017 events! I really think you are going to love them the next time you come.
Have a great weekend and thank you so much for your friendship and support.

Keep The Faith and be well
Brad

http://inthestudiowithmj.com/

O_O ... AWESOME!!!

I love his Texas stereotypes. Lol. You need to show up in a cowboy hat.
Can't wait to hear about it. Hope they get a good turnout.

Last edited:

Brad is awesome and a really nice guy too

Latest from Brad:

Behind The Scenes
I was scrolling through my FB timeline this morning and someone posted the behind the scenes footage of the "In The Closet" Herb Ritts short film with Naomi and Michael. Like many of those projects I was there for much of it, but behind the scenes.

By the time the Dangerous project was winding down I was juggling a lot of things. We had projects rolling full speed at Neverland (I seem to remember the Sea Dragon and Zipper were installed around that time), plus I was working with Bruce, Bill and Teddy in the studio wrapping up the album. That of course meant short films and tour prep were either beginning or just around the corner.
Michael loved a large, portable music playback system I built for him to use on the short films (I have written about it before), but essentially it was an estimated 20,000 watt monster that would and could "hurt you" if you weren't careful. Michael wasn't careful. At all.

Hurt me!! Hurt me!!" he would yell as we set the system up for shooting "Ghosts", "2Bad", "Closet", etc. The volume this thing produced could send even the most jaded, know-it-all production person into the craft services ("Crafty") snack tent to roll up some napkins and stuff them in their ears. I loved it.
I didn't spend a lot of time on the "Closet" shoot for two reasons.
First, I wasn't in the union, so I couldn't actually operate my own system - it had to be handled by a union guy. I just set it up, tuned it, made sure Michael was happy and handed over the keys to the union guy.

Second, and you might find this odd, but Michael had put my family and I up in a really nice resort in Palm Springs, and we loved the idea of a few days of down-time, so I spent much of that time poolside, knowing that I might have to drive to the set if my system needed attention. It didn't, so I relaxed much of the time.
Production shoots were always much more intense than working on the albums. There were people everywhere, with lots of radios and clipboards (this was before iPads) and laminates and stopwatches. Security guys guard every entrance with their official windbreakers and Security baseball caps.
Rows production trailers, dressing rooms, star trailers, honeywagons (bonus points if you know what they are), generators, catering trucks, lighting trucks, lighting guys, sound guys, set guys, safety people, production assistants (PA's), craft services, etc. Shooting a Michael Jackson film in Southern California is like moving, organizing and paying for an army - and they can do almost anything once they are assembled.

So again, it was interesting, but the layers and hierarchy of people and who could stand where and when and why and made my pool and a bottle of Corona really inviting on most days.
In flipping through some photos, watching the behind-the-scenes footage of Closet, etc., I stumbled on the photo of Michael with his flashlight in the studio. This photo always makes me smile.

The comparison of an MJ short-film production, as I just described, to a typical day in the recording studio is pretty funny. On most days in the studio there might just be a handful of people. If we weren't recording any musicians or strings that day, it might have just been six or eight people in the whole building during the Dangerous project. That number would mysteriously double at dinner time.

Wayne and Marcus (Michael's security guys) might come and go through the day, and we might have a guest now and then, but most of the time it was just a handful of us, and the mood was typically very focused, yet light and low-pressure. We knew we had a lot of work to do, but it wasn't frantic in any way.
In the summer in Southern California it was not uncommon for huge parts of the city to experience what became known as rolling "brown-outs". This meant your power might dip for a few seconds as so many air conditioners were kicking on, and it was some way for the power company to manage the flow of power. Sometimes the power went out completely, which of course is a "black-out."

A black-out in a studio is particularly fun because there are no windows. Studios very rarely have windows to help with soundproofing and to help exhausted team members not get too depressed over missing beautiful day after beautiful day while working on an endless album project.
This particular black-out lasted quite a while, and we dug out some flashlights for people to use, including Michael. He bundled up in his parka (it was not cold inside!), and thumbed through some of his art books in the dark, basically amused by the whole thing.

The funny thing is that it would be very rare for a black-out to occur on a production set because all the power is provided by huge generators. But if a delay does hit a big shoot, radios are lit up with production assistants wanting updates, accountants on the verge of tears watching their costs, mount, union guys taking naps, etc.
In the studio, we simply removed the tapes from the machines via flashlight (you don't want a Michael Jackson master tape snapped when the power returns), and found places to relax for a bit. It was just simple down time - not a bad thing.

Michael never complained - he knew there was nothing anyone could do, so we just sat it out. The album would get done when it got done.
In less than two weeks we'll be in Austin, Texas sharing stories and music about my 18 years of working with Michael. In four weeks we'll be in Mexico City, and in six weeks New York. There won't be any stressed out production assistants, nor is it likely that you will need a flashlight or a rolled up napkin in your ears to endure the volume, but you are invited to spend a day with behind the scenes, In The Studio With MJ.

Orlando and LA are slated for June, and we are looking at Brazil for July.

Hear things you have never heard.
See things you have never seen.
Learn things you never knew.

In The Studio With MJ. Will You Be There?
www.inthestudiowithmj.com/events

Latest from Brad:

I've been to and through Texas many times, but for reasons unknown to me I've never made it to Austin. This weekend I'll change that when I set up at the Recording Conservatory of Austin. I have heard all about Austin's food, music and culture, so I am very excited to visit!

I don't talk about this very often on my "Studio" page, but one of the things I love doing on my seminar weekends is teach recording and music students a class I call "Studio Etiquette On A Michael Jackson Session". This is not an MJ seminar, rather it is targeted specifically at students, and I am honored to be teaching this Friday to a group of students at the Conservatory.

One of the challenges of working with Michael was making sure he was comfortable. I know Michael loved trying new things, new sounds, new production techniques, but he also wanted some things to be consistent and predictable. Familiar.

When we moved into a new studio, we would never bring Michael there on the first day - or even the first week! We had to get the studio up to his (our) standards in terms of technical quality, security and comfort. There were many techniques that we learned and practiced on those projects, and I enjoy sharing them with students to help prepare them for sessions large and small. I will be offering this same course at the University of Technology in Mexico City in just three weeks. These teaching opportunities have become one of my favorite "tangents" of In The Studio With MJ.

Speaking of ITSWMJ, we have spent hours - scores of hours - rebuilding both the seminar and the Remix. The hardest part of rebuilding isn't adding new things, it's taking things out. In a tiny, tiny way it reminds me of when Michael and Bruce and the production team would have to cut songs from an album for space. Back when CDs were the primary method of delivering music to the public, we were limited to just over 77 minutes per album, so songs like "Streetwalker" and "For All Time" didn't quite fit onto the record. The same goes for my seminar - not every segment will fit, so we have to choose what stays and what goes.

The seminar has changed and evolved drastically since my first "event" nearly five years ago in Paris. I want it to keep changing and growing, and we push to make that happen, but we also want it to be honest and fun for our guests - whether it is their first time or their tenth.

The 2017 itinerary is 95% established:
April 22 - Austin
May 7 - Mexico City
May 20 - New York City
June 24 - Orlando
June 26/27/28 - Southern California
July 22 - San Paulo
August 26 - Minneapolis/St. Paul
October 12 - 24 - Madrid/Milan/Oslo
November 4 - Edmonton
January 19 - 29 - Tokyo/Osaka

Some dates may shift slightly, but that is the plan-de-jour.

I am working on a very special event in Southern CA on June 26-28th. One full day will be devoted to Neverland on a level like never before. Another day will focus on the HIStory album with many of the original team members. More details to come very soon.

Have a great week and thanks for your interest and support! See you this weekend in Austin!

In The Studio With MJ.

i thing brad is very cool guy

Latest from Brad:

We always try to push for something new and unique. This June in LA I am presenting two very different events, plus two of the ongoing favorites.
>HIStory track-by-track will bring in some very special guests who worked with us at the Hit Factory on this amazing project.
>The Extended Remix is bigger and better than ever.
>Return To Neverland featuring Big Al Scanlan - I am so excited about this one! I have known Al since the late 80s (!) and he was a huge part of Neverland. This will be live and unrehearsed as we take our guests through every corner and attraction of that amazing estate.
>In The Studio With MJ 2017. I am excited to show my guests the latest version of the seminar that started it all.
I hope to see many of my MJA friends in LA!

Los Angeles, 2017
In The Studio With MJ is coming back to LA this June with a trio of special events for our guests to enjoy!

June 26 - "Inside HIStory". A track-by-track journey through one of Michael's most iconic albums, hosted by part of the team who helped created it.

June 26 (evening) - "The Extended Remix". Fewer stories, more music, lots of things to discover. A very casual, one-of-a-kind, hands-on event in the studio hearing music in a whole new way.

June 27 - "Return to Neverland". Big Al Scanlan will join me in the studio (not AT Neverland) and take you on a detailed, fun and story-fill tour of Michael's amazing ranch. See, hear and learn about Neverland like never before - from the guys who were there for many, many years.

June 28 - "In The Studio With MJ - 2017". I will present the full seminar digging deep into the projects I was directly involved in: Bad (est. 30M sales), Dangerous (est. 32M sales) and HIStory (est. 40M sales). Hear the music and the stories behind the music from these incredible projects.

Yes, there will be special guests. Many more details to come!

Make your journey to LA complete with a trio of one-of-a-kind events, In The Studio. Will You Be There?
Tickets will go on sale this weekend.

www.inthestudiowithmj.com

Last edited:

Latest from Brad:

I have some very exciting news for our upcoming seminars in New York and LA!

Greetings, and I am sorry to have been absent for a few days. Our daughter Maddie graduated from college this past weekend and I have been slightly pre-occupied for a few days, but we are back on track, ready for New York this weekend!

Now, I have two special guests that I am very proud to announce! This Saturday at Smash Studios in New York I am proud to welcome an old friend of mine from the HIStory album - producer and grammy-winning engineer Tony Black! Tony was with us day to day, early in his career at the Hit Factory working on HIStory. He is an amazing talent and a great guy, and I look forward to having him share his memories and stories with you on Saturday!
But wait, there's more!

Next month we will be in LA for three days talking about HIStory (day 1), Neverland (day 2) and the full In The Studio With MJ seminar (day 3).

On our HIStory track-by-track day (Monday, June 26th) will have Rob Hoffman and Brian Vibberts in the studio with me, but another of the project's amazing engineers Eddie Delana will also be in the room with us! Eddie was a key part of the project from start to finish. He recorded many of the songs on HIStory and is also an amazing guy.

I have said it before, but bringing these seminars to you not along gives you an incredible behind-the-scenes peek into how we made these albums, but it also gives those of us that worked with Michael a chance to reconnect and share these stories with you. This was an amazing team assembled for HIStory, and having Tony in New York and Eddie, Brian and Rob in LA is going to be a lot of fun.
No script. No detailed notes of who says what. Just a chance to hang out with a group of guys who worked, lived and laughed through one of Michael's most important albums.

I hope you can join me in the studio this weekend in New York, and next month in Los Angeles.
(I have decided to postpone the Orlando event until later in the summer - details to come soon).
Tickets are on sale now!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday 19th May: Update on NY

Brad Sundberg? @InStudioWithMJ 1h1 hour ago
More
Hello #NY Got to Smash Studios this morning, jumped in Uber and Michael is "Startin' Somethin'" on the radio. It's gonna be a good weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 3-day event in Hollywood
June 26-28, 2017

Day One
HIStory Track-By-Track
Eddie Delana
Rob Hoffman
Brian Vibberts
Brad Sundberg

Evening One
The Extended Remix

Day Two
Return To Neverland
Big Al Scanlan
Brad Sundberg

Day Three
In The Studio With MJ 2017
Brad Sundberg

One of the prettiest studios in Hollywood will be our home for three days as I bring together some very dear friends to talk about working with Michael on HIStory, at Neverland, and In The Studio.
Tickets on sale now.

Will You Be There?

Last edited:

Latest from Brad:

Fireworks and Roller Coasters and Livestreaming...

Michael and I had countless meetings at Neverland about upcoming projects, ideas and "dreaming out loud". I have always loved Disney - particularly the parks. Michael knew I went to Disneyland at least twice a month back then, as it was an escape from LA for a few hours.

Almost without fail the next time he and I would talk we would discuss Disneyland, new attractions, etc. He once told me that Disney was designing a statue of him to have in the parks! I laughed and said, "Come on, are you serious?!" He said, "Yes!!"
We often talked about adding a roller coaster at Neverland. The terrain is such that it could be done without going too high in the air - it could just hug the rolling hills naturally. I told him about a ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain called "Gold Rusher", which is a coaster that does just that - stays lower to the ground while building up a lot of speed.

Facebook Live stream?

Latest from Brad:

Where will you be in 21 days?
The HIStory project was monumental in scale. It didn't really start out that way - it was just going to be a best-of project with three or four new songs. But it grew. And grew. And grew.

When I was in New York a few weeks ago Tony Black and I were discussing the HIStory project, which of course we recorded in NY in 1994/1995. He said it was the strangest feeling imaginable to work on projects AFTER HIStory and try to explain to other production teams what it was like. I can't argue with him.
Michael was in full-tilt work mode. He had a lot on his mind and he wanted to get it on tape. At one point we had an estimated 13 recording studios working in various cities - all on HIStory. We were flying musicians, singers and the Andre Crouch Choir (!) in to New York to participate on the project.

Janet Jackson? Of course.
Biggie Smalls? Yep.
Jimmy and Terry? Why not?
The New York Philharmonic Orchestra? Sure!
Stomp? Done.

At one point we put the word out - I swear this is true - that "Michael Jackson wants sounds and sonic landscapes that no one has ever heard before." This was before you could send files via the internet, so envelopes started arriving at the Hit Factory with tapes and floppy discs and home-made CDs of sounds. Boxes of envelopes that we would have to sort through, like letters to Santa in a Christmas movie! It is crazy.
The project got larger and larger, and the songs kept getting stronger.

Moscow.
Earth.
Childhood.
They Don't Care.
Scream.
You Are Not Alone.
Susie. (One of my favorites).

We were pushing the technology to the limits, and the studio crew almost to exhaustion. It's hard to encapsulate how many hours, how much sweat, how many tears, cups of coffee, flights, studio hours, dollars, blown speakers and so on went into it. Likewise, it's hard to explain the depth of friendship, the laughter, the memories, the harmonies, the warmth I feel when I hear those mixes.

I'm not a record critic. I don't write about albums in terms of (stroking my chin and creating a silly accent)..."Clearly the meaning that the artist is trying to convey in this is one of vapid emptiness and isolation, with a sprinkling of the rising sun of hope" blah blah blah. You won't find that at my seminars. Rather, I am bringing you some of the key guys - the engineering team - the ones who were in the room, setting up the microphones, capturing the music that you hear on HIStory.
Eddie Delana and Brian Vibberts were with us from the very beginning - day one. Rob Hoffman joined the team shortly after, as did Tony Black.

It was a small team, yet 23 years later we are all still friends. Think about that.
The end of June is never a "fun" time for MJ fans, I understand that. But I want to celebrate Michael's life. His creativity. His willingness to take a chance and push the boundaries. He had a lot to say in HIStory, and we were there to get it on tape as fast as we could.

I hope you will considering joining us in 21 days in Hollywood as we tackle one of the most incredible projects any of us have ever been a part of - HIStory - on Monday, June 26th.

That evening is "The Extended Remix" - a really fun night for MJ fans.

On Tuesday, June 27th is the "Return To Neverland" with my friend Big Al Scanlan.

On Wednesday, June 28th I will present the full presentation of "In The Studio With MJ 2017"

Tickets are on sale at www.inthestudiowithmj.com.events
Will You Be There?

http://[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/potYDV63j][/URL]

Last edited:

Handwritten lyrics for I Just Can't Stop Loving You and Leave Me Alone.

I have no idea why that made me as happy as it did.

Nice story from Brad today:

We got up early this morning to take advantage of Extra Magic Hours at Disney California Adventure Park. I rode the new Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout ride at 7am in the first group with barely a cup of coffee to wake me up, and what song accompanies my ride? Michael - singing "One More Chance." The whole car started cheering.

Now, I have heard there is a random playlist of six songs for that ride, so it was a nice surprise.

Oddly enough, there was a very minor malfunction on the ride, as one door didn't open - so afterwards they asked my car if we wanted to ride it again? We moved to a different car so that one could be repaired. I figured I get another song, but nope - there was Michael again for my second ride, singing like no other 11-ish year old ever has! The whole group cheered louder and sang through the ride a second time!

Looking back, it was an amazing three days in the studio, and if you haven't heard - the one and only John Barnes stopped by for a chat on day 3! John was so close to Michael for so many years, and it was an honor to reconnect with him

Thread cleaned, please stay on topic. Thanks!

Back