Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

I don't know who owns these songs but a strong copyright tool could've wiped those tracks from youtube etc.
Someone like Dr. Dre did the same thing back in the days. And even an early trailer for Indiana Jones 5 got blocked whenever it was posted last year.

Sad for Brad.

But I just watched the making of Will You Be There MJ in the studio listening to the song - instrumental. Wow.

This is footage I have dreamt about for years and thought I would never get to see. Amazing.

So much gold has been leaked the last 3 days. It's unbelivable.

Studio footage of MJ is the best. But the demoes and other great stuff we've gotten? Crazy.

Time to get back to the Studio.
First stop: Atlanta!!
To the best of my knowledge, the last time Michael performed in Atlanta was April 13, 1988 during the Bad Tour.
By then I had known Michael for less than four years, having met him during Captain EO, and then the nearly year-long production of the Bad album at Westlake Studios.
After the Bad album we prepped the Bad Tour and I didn't see him again until early 1988 as he rebuilt the show for the US tour in Pensacola, FL. And a few weeks later he hit the stage in Atlanta!
Hard to believe that was 35 years ago.
It doesn't feel that long, but the clock doesn't lie.
My name is Brad Sundberg, host and producer of "In The Studio With MJ". I had the unique privilege of spending nearly 18 years working closely with Michael Jackson, and I'd love to share some stories, photos, music and insights.
Over the past ten years I have met countless MJ fans and pulled the curtain back to explore Michael's amazing work ethic, humor and endless creativity.
I am so excited to be back and hosting these events live and officially start the 2023-2024 ITSWMJ season!
And yes, we will be sharing more events for May, June, and beyond - but it starts in Atlanta, followed by a famous apple and a quick weekend in Germany!
See you In The Studio With MJ!!
-Brad
334595172_241138438264550_7114028060217889902_n.jpg

Brad Sundberg speaks out in an exclusive interview with the MJCast

ByAdmin Team
March 30, 2023

Following the stolen Michael Jackson material from Brad Sundberg’s laptop at his “In The Studio with MJ” event in Brussels in January, Brad speaks about the situation for the first time in an exclusive interview with the MJCast.
In the podcast, Brad talks about what happened, his feelings and what’s next.
He also confirmed that the Michael Jackson Estate have contacted him and have been “sympathetic and even supportive, they know that I did not do this intentionally”. He spoke also about his complex relationship with the Estate, saying they are pretty much “hands off”.
He also confirmed he will carry on his seminars which have already been planned. He also confirmed that the security in future events will be greater than it used to be.
He was also asked how he feels about the “competition” from other events in the fan community and responded that they are doing different things and compliment each other.
In the other half of the interview, he speaks about specific and funny moments in past events and special moments with Michael.
You can listen to the full episode here:

He spoke also about his complex relationship with the Estate, saying they are pretty much “hands off”.
Interesting. Weren’t there rumors a while back that the reason Brad stopped playing unreleased material was because the estate asked him to? Seems like it was more about the leaks.

Interesting. Weren’t there rumors a while back that the reason Brad stopped playing unreleased material was because the estate asked him to? Seems like it was more about the leaks.

Yeah, there were indeed rumours that they asked him not to play some things. Although even if that is true I do think that it was mainly because of people recording that he stopped playing as much stuff.

Didn't the Estate also ask Brad to not play certain home videos? If it's true I think it's because they might be planning on using the footage for future documentaries one day.

I was wondering the same thing. If anyone can give some information about what the seminar is like after the theft, I would really appreciate it.
I did. Here's a short summary.

“Can’t Help It” Demo
How Brad met Michael
Introduction to Westlake Studio (Studio A and Studio D video / Side entrance video)
(1986) Bad album segment:
Liberian Girl: “Building a Michael Jackson choir”
Smooth Criminal demo
“IJCSLY” The story of the intro, the bed and exploring the multitracks
“Streetwalker” demo
Preparing for the BAD tour in Pensacola
Recording the intro for the Grammys "The Way You Make Me Feel"
(1990) Dangerous album segment:
Intro video to Larabee Studios
Introduction to Record One
“Decade” with Bryan Loren
Footage of Teddy Riley working on “She Drives Me Wild”
Studio footage of vocal comping for “Jam”
Rob Disner stories
“Someone Put Your Hand Out” Demo
Bruce Swedien and the Scientific method
“Heal the World” Something is missing / Diving into the multitracks
Producing with Bill Bottrell
“Black or White”
Monkey Business” and the studio luau
Making “Give Into Me”
Re-recording “Keep The Faith”
Choosing the track listing for “Dangerous”
The Earthquakes in L.A. and moving to New York
HIStory album segments:
Introduction to Hit Factory
“Stranger in Moscow” with Brad Buxer and Daniel (boy in “Stranger in Moscow”)
“Blue Flames” with Rob Hoffman
“It’s all about Love” with Brian Vibberts
Joe Jackson visits the studio
Setting the stage for “Christmas Star”
Recording “Childhood”
Revisiting Dangerous: Studio footage of realizing “Will You Be There”
“Smile” Video Tribute

“Can’t Help It” Demo
How Brad met Michael
Introduction to Westlake Studio (Studio A and Studio D video / Side entrance video)
Smooth Criminal demo
“Streetwalker” demo
Rob Disner stories
“Black or White”
Making “Give Into Me”
HIStory album segments:
Recording “Childhood”
“Smile” Video Tribute
Blue flames and it's all about love are names for unreleased songs ?

“Can’t Help It” Demo
How Brad met Michael
Smooth Criminal demo
“Streetwalker” demo
Rob Disner stories
“Black or White”
Making “Give Into Me”
HIStory album segments:
Recording “Childhood”
“Smile” Video Tribute
Thanks for telling us! How's the security after the theft? Is there someone guarding during the seminar? Is the laptop kept locked somewhere during break? How did things change?

I'm also curious about Blue Flames and It's All About Love, are they new songs? If so, are you able to give us details about them? Everyone here would appreciate it.

Last edited:
Blue flames is a story about how when recording a track, the speakers in the studio began to spark.

Instead of turning them off, Michael went to the deck and turned up every slider to max, causing blue flames to come out of the speakers, before the entire studio lost power.

Michael then supposedly said, "why did that happen?"

Thanks for telling us! How's the security after the theft? Is there someone guarding during the seminar? Is the laptop kept locked somewhere during break? How did things change?

I'm also curious about Blue Flames and It's All About Love, are they new songs? If so, are you able to give us details about them? Everyone here would appreciate it.
Those two are stories told by people, not songs. I don't remember what each were about otherwise i'd tell you, but they should be leaked from what has been stolen.

MJ fans try to stop thinking every thing is a song (impossible)

And yes I'm just giving a hard time for no reason.

Pretty chill actually. You checked your phone into a room after they matched your ID with your ticket. One of his guys ran the wand around you and you took your seat.

Laptop was in a pretty vulnerable place in my opinion. The entrance to the event was right behind it and there was a time when I was about to go to lunch that it felt like he was guarding it. Maybe a little justified paranoia nothing too obvious. I did see a few people allowed near it when they wanted to talk to Brad during breaks.

After I returned from lunch, Brad and some folks were on the couches talking about the theft. I eavesdropped on the tail end of the conversation and I heard it was difficult for him to experience and he'd felt "gutted". The funny thing is I walked back in with my phone and pulled it out at my seat without even thinking about it. I got up and checked it in and the most Brad did was ask everyone once they were back in their seats if they put their phone up. Of course even if you had recorded it, everything is out there already. Felt a bit sad that he was still trying to safeguard it like he'd been in the past.

The other thing I'll say as it relates to his behavior after the theft was that he didn't seem to enjoy hearing his material as much now? I've never heard him cut SPYHO that short ever. May have been nothing but it seemed out of the ordinary of what I'm used to at his events. He could've thought I don't need to waste time on this, these people know where to find it. Could just be me overthinking it though. During the seminar, he answered a lot of questions and afterwards took pictures with everyone and signed autographs.

You wanna copycat @Lord Jackson?🤔
I'm taking that fucking second laptop I was just curious as to what changed after the theft, surely they're gonna harden the security.
MJ fans try to stop thinking every thing is a song (impossible)

And yes I'm just giving a hard time for no reason.
I'm not even being deranged they do sound like song titles lol.

Pretty chill actually. You checked your phone into a room after they matched your ID with your ticket. One of his guys ran the wand around you and you took your seat.

Laptop was in a pretty vulnerable place in my opinion. The entrance to the event was right behind it and there was a time when I was about to go to lunch that it felt like he was guarding it. Maybe a little justified paranoia nothing too obvious. I did see a few people allowed near it when they wanted to talk to Brad during breaks.

After I returned from lunch, Brad and some folks were on the couches talking about the theft. I eavesdropped on the tail end of the conversation and I heard it was difficult for him to experience and he'd felt "gutted". The funny thing is I walked back in with my phone and pulled it out at my seat without even thinking about it. I got up and checked it in and the most Brad did was ask everyone once they were back in their seats if they put their phone up. Of course even if you had recorded it, everything is out there already. Felt a bit sad that he was still trying to safeguard it like he'd been in the past.

The other thing I'll say as it relates to his behavior after the theft was that he didn't seem to enjoy hearing his material as much now? I've never heard him cut SPYHO that short ever. May have been nothing but it seemed out of the ordinary of what I'm used to at his events. He could've thought I don't need to waste time on this, these people know where to find it. Could just be me overthinking it though. During the seminar, he answered a lot of questions and afterwards took pictures with everyone and signed autographs.
Huh, so it didn't exactly change anything? I really expected that he'd hire bodyguards or something lol. He doesn't seem as enthusiastic for those things as he used to be though, I feel sorry for him... I respect him for still not stopping with the seminars.

Thank you for answering btw.

Last edited:
Back