Branca: Unreleased Music Unlikely in the Foreseeable Future

^Words are neither copyrighted nor owned in anyway by anyone. So be gone, bye.

You are absolutely wrong. Words are copyrighted the minute they are written. Expression of ideas, facts are protected under copyright. So all of that "words cannot be copyrighted" is absolutely wrong. So you are infringing other people's rights.

Copyright of the posts is the reason why many websites have mention of copyrights of posts in their terms of service - For example MJJC rules state that members authorize MJJC to use their posts and cannot make an infringement claim. MJJC rules also say that authors are responsible for the content of their posts. All of this point out that each person is the owner of their own posts and the accompanying copyrights but have given MJJC permission to use them. So unless you got permission from the people whose posts you are copying, you are infringing their rights.

Regardless of the legalities: I'll never understand why you copy/paste other people's posts. It makes you look like you can't form an opinion on your own. and that's not good.

I could listen to Michael speak on a loop... so I'll take pretty much anything with his voice..

Allusio;4176607 said:
As I understand they’ve decided to release Xscape with certain songs not just because they have full vocals but because it shows that Michael cared for those songs. So main criteria is Michael, not just full vocals. With this logic to say that the duet album is a good idea is not right, IMO. Then there would be a question not only what song to release but also what artist to work with. And there’s no Michael to help with this.

Anyway, Xscape also mostly has those songs that were leaked before and IMO it was made intentionally for a reason.

So I think that next few years they will work on Michael’s actual work, rebranding it or whatever they call it. And as for me that is a great news! IMO, that is exactly what everyone needs, fans and new audience.

I thought that with the Xscape successes they will slow down on this, very happy to be wrong and hope they will make it right.
Michael really deserves this rebranding; his works deserve it! And it is much more important than any unreleased music, IMO.

I agree with all of this. :yes:
For me the music and videos that Michael released during his lifetime will always come before any posthumous 'duets'.:yes:
I'm a young post death fan myself, and what got me into Michael sure as hell wasn't Xscape.:no:
It was classic songs like Billie Jean, Remember the Time, and Thriller along with my admiration of who Michael was as a person that made me into the MJfan that I am today.:D
I look forward to what they will do with the music and videos that Michael poured his heart and soul into.:yes:

So overall this announcement by Branca actually made me happy. :)

I agree with all of this. :yes:
For me the music and videos that Michael released during his lifetime will always come before any posthumous 'duets'.:yes:
I'm a young post death fan myself, and what got me into Michael sure as hell wasn't Xscape.:no:
It was classic songs like Billie Jean, Remember the Time, and Thriller along with my admiration of who Michael was as a person that made me into the MJfan that I am today.:D
I look forward to what they will do with the music and videos that Michael poured his heart and soul into.:yes:

So overall this announcement by Branca actually made me happy. :)

Wow. This is ?A post 2009 fan! I love this.

If they'll release a new album with good demos, it'll may work better than the albums "Michael" and "Xcape".

I may or may not have already mentioned this in this thread, but a few months back it was confirmed that Orianthi was working on something for the estate. I'm confused as to exactly what that may entail.

Now that they've pried the catalog from Michael's cold dead fingers, they have no use for him anymore.

They'll always have someone working on some leftover material from Michael only for it to be taken and given to some
producer to make it club friendly (noisy) then release it when they run out of money.

If a song was never meant to be a duet I don't want anyone else's vocals on it. Even then, if it's not finished I'd just rather hear the unfinished version than The Estate trying to force a duet that never happened.

If a song was never meant to be a duet I don't want anyone else's vocals on it. Even then, if it's not finished I'd just rather hear the unfinished version than The Estate trying to force a duet that never happened.

This 100%.

At the same time, if they simply had to force a duets album on us I would be hesitant depending on the artists involved. I'll gladly take another Stevie Wonder duet. Or hell, even get Paul McCartney back over here.

But knowing the Estate, they'll hire the worst of the worst to be involved.

I'd much rather listen to a million songs like "Days in Gloucestershire" than ever listen to the Pitbull remix of "Bad".

This 100%.

At the same time, if they simply had to force a duets album on us I would be hesitant depending on the artists involved. I'll gladly take another Stevie Wonder duet. Or hell, even get Paul McCartney back over here.

But knowing the Estate, they'll hire the worst of the worst to be involved.

I'd much rather listen to a million songs like "Days in Gloucestershire" than ever listen to the Pitbull remix of "Bad".

This 100%

While I'd want to hear the original I know the estate or any record label would not release an album of songs with missing verses and mumbling (Unless they are bonus tracks) because it would be considered a risk factor, there is no real way of measuring a sales potential of songs that would never get radio play, the general public would not buy.. And they could not release on limited bases to give fans the capability of using songs that basically (no one hears) remix it themselves and toss it on youtube as a "unreleased track" or a "Michael is still alive, 2017 song" type deal..

Those clear unfinished songs would have to stay in the vault.. Used as bonus demos.. or worked on and finalize to whatever extent needed.

Regarding a possible Duett album... In order to make everyone happy and to increase the market of potential buyers... How about a two disc album:
1. Duetts with old school artists (artists who worked with Michael and who had a personal tie to him, e.g. Stevie, Diana, Celine, Mariah, Paul, maybe Elton, ... not many more left I suppose
2. Duetts with current artists (I won't name anyone here as I'm not too enthousiastic about today's representatives of pop music, but on the other hand they probably wouldn't release just an old school duetts album, sure it would make the fans happier, but it would be less commercially successful)

1. Duetts with old school artists (artists who worked with Michael and who had a personal tie to him, e.g. Stevie, Diana, Celine, Mariah, Paul, maybe Elton, ... not many more left I suppose

I would kill for another Stevie duet.

And a duet with Elton is the best thing I never knew I wanted. Green light that IMMEDIATELY, estate.

Beatles

While I'd want to hear the original I know the estate or any record label would not release an album of songs with missing verses and mumbling (Unless they are bonus tracks) because it would be considered a risk factor, there is no real way of measuring a sales potential of songs that would never get radio play, the general public would not buy
Many of the songs on the Beatles Anthology CDs are flubbed takes and studio chatter that wouldn't get radio airplay. But a lot of their audience are the type to buy such a release. The classic rock audience are more likely to buy such albums (and bootlegs too), than fans of other genres. The only songs that were promoted for radio airplay were the 2 new songs Free As A Bird & Real Love.

A duet album featuring Stevie Wonder, The Weeknd, Beyonce, Madonna, Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars and Janet ?? That would be a true audiogasm ?

A duet album featuring Stevie Wonder, The Weeknd, Beyonce, Madonna, Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars and Janet 😍😍 That would be a true audiogasm 😂
This is a question of preferences, in your list, only Stevie Wonder and Bruno Mars please myself

A duet album featuring Stevie Wonder, The Weeknd, Beyonce, Madonna, Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars and Janet 😍😍 That would be a true audiogasm 😂

I don't care about any of these artists except Stevie. At the end of the day it's not about what we as MJ fans want and the estate knows that the won't please every MJ fan so that's why they probably don't even care about targeting MJ fans. They wanna make MJ appeal to the newer and younger audience and I don't blame them. If a duets album does happen, expect the likes of Justin Bieber, Adele, Katy Perry etc on the album because whether we likes these artists or not, these artists are some of the biggest in today's day and age and they have a massive fanbase which would not only help bring in more sales revenue for the Estate but will also expose MJ to a whole new generation of fans which is important for the Estate and for me so I don't mind any artist that has commercial value on the potential duets album. I know most would disagree with me.

What would fans think of an Elvis with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra style release for MJ?

For those who don't know it's his vocals slapped with new orchestral music.

That's the thing with MJ music... MJ transcended music styles and really the only thing that 'dates' any of his music Is some of the instrumentals used.. He still has a young (and old) fan base and they know the general public would buy into him.. It's not like The Beatles targeting 'lifers'... Kids are still very into Michael, in some ways more (after passing)... when I was in JR high it was hard being an MJ fan and making it public. today a lot of stigma has been washed.

floatingcity;4178494 said:
What would fans think of an Elvis with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra style release for MJ?

For those who don't know it's his vocals slapped with new orchestral music.

I liked some of the songs on the first Elvis album, Burning Love, Its Now or Never (so goood!!!!), Love Me Tender and that duet with Michael Bublé. I'd be down to see something similar for Michael, can't hurt to have a try :)

HIStoric;4178525 said:
I liked some of the songs on the first Elvis album, Burning Love, Its Now or Never (so goood!!!!), Love Me Tender and that duet with Michael Bublé. I'd be down to see something similar for Michael, can't hurt to have a try :)

I really love how good The Wonder Of You sounds now. The strings just sound beautiful.

So yes, I'd love to hear something like that. Or even just real instruments used.

Regarding a possible Duett album... In order to make everyone happy and to increase the market of potential buyers... How about a two disc album:
2. Duetts with current artists (I won't name anyone here as I'm not too enthousiastic about today's representatives of pop music, but on the other hand they probably wouldn't release just an old school duetts album, sure it would make the fans happier, but it would be less commercially successful)

I want a duet with Christina Aguilera!

A duet album featuring Stevie Wonder, The Weeknd, Beyonce, Madonna, Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars and Janet ?? That would be a true audiogasm ?

Hmm I don't know If Janet would do it as it may be too painful for her

I don't think that duet album would be a good idea They would include the Justin Beaber duet for sure if they did that.

They would include the Justin Beaber duet for sure if they did that.

Honestly though I'm not in a rush at all for an album with new music at all (especially not if it's a duets album TBH).
I can't wait to see what they do with Michael's amazing non-posthumous creations because believe it or not there's quite a lot that can be done.
I don't want them to take the typical posthumous route that's been taken with other dead artists.
I want them to do big/new things with Michael's music/short films. :D

Last edited:
I really love how good The Wonder Of You sounds now. The strings just sound beautiful.

So yes, I'd love to hear something like that. Or even just real instruments used.

I love both Michael and Elvis and obviously I bought the 2 Elvis orchestra CDs.
Some of the Elvis tracks works very well but Im not so sure the same would be regarding MJ
Regarding "The Wonder Of You " song that one doesnt work for me as they used a bad alternate vocal instead of the superior master vocal.
Anyway I really wish we would get more new MJ Music in 2017......but it doesnt look likely :(

I would love to hear an acoustic/classical mix of some currently-released songs, like an MTV Unplugged.

Jam and Human Nature on acoustic guitar. I Can't Help It and Stranger in Moscow with a grand piano. Some of Michael's music was born for that sort of thing (and it's massively disappointing to me that he never did anything like it in his lifetime).

Back