BREAKING NEWS - AEG Conference will be held today (6PM BST) - (Details inside)

SOrry if this has already been said but:

Apparently there was 500 MILLION hits in the first 2 hours to the Staple Centre site, since the memorial was announced.

Thats like more than even the American population lol! Amazing!

oh god this is amazing,and really unreal
have many fans are already in L.A,you can't even imagine,have many will be in tuesday,besides even they said that only 11 000 people can be

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! MICHAEL! 500 million hits! you had the heart of the world x

I just don't see how they can expect everyone to stay at home. People are going to go anyway, and I hope they do as the world needs to see the impact this man had.

u know sony must be itching to get an album released it will sell 30 mill in days

u know sony must be itching to get an album released it will sell 30 mill in days

Better believe it...lol

I was hurting and in grief after Michael's passing but Its not that bad anymore. But what helped me the most was the Love all Fans show Michael when he's with us in spirit. Y'all helped me to get through it.

I know its a Memorial, But I feel like its another Concert. The one where he'll Blow us all away AGAIN! I know I might cry when i follow it on Tuesday on TV. But Like Jermaine said, since i've never seen him live, I feel like he's with his children, on tour or making albums. So my sadness is almost over and my happiness for him, for being in a much better place is showing. I Thank you MJJC (Gaz), and Mods and Other Fans on here for being a comforting family!:better:!!! This is NOT The End, THIS IS NOT IT! Michael will surprise us over and over and over again.:D

Love you Mike and ALL the fans around the world who are showing love to Michael and other fans!

Long Live the King!

wow it gonna be a slim chance of getting in staples or nokia. WOW this is crazy. Mike still breaking records. That would also explain why I couldn't submit my form.

what i love is being able to celebrate Michael's music in public! It makes me so emotional to be screaming it out with everyone. Unfortunately I dont know anyone in person who is as big a fan as me. I can't wait til i attend a public event with people screaming MJs song. All the happiness, all the joy. Michael I will always always always be indebted to you for all the happiness you gave me!

SOrry if this has already been said but:

Apparently there was 500 MILLION hits in the first 2 hours to the Staple Centre site, since the memorial was announced.

Thats like more than even the American population lol! Amazing!
Yes! They just said this on CNN International! 500 MILLION! Holy .... ! I thought she had messed up and said the wrong number at first. 500 MILLION HITS. Wow. And they want to keep everyone out but 17,000?? She also said (I missed the first part) that someone & Al Sharpton (? sorry, missed it) are trying to ask L.A. or someone to just pay for what's needed to allow more people to be there and also asking for a whole National Day of Mourning in the U.S. As it should be. :cry:

Just heard that the police is getting prepared for more than 100,000 people. They know fans are going even if they cant get in.

I understand that Michael will not be be at the memorial at Staples? The funeral will be private right?

I am so glad to hear this. I just couldn't even imagine Michael laying open in a coffin for people and the media to take pics of him. I don't want an Elvis-likd coffin pic of Michael! I want to remember him young, vibrant and alive the way he was.

FUNERAL IS SEPARATE to memorial!! funeral is for the jacksons earlier in the morning at forrest lawnthen memorial (without the body) at staples 10 am

If true, I am glad they are finally putting him to rest. But I still think that Colony is working overtime to get him moved to Neverland. I truly believe this will happen.

Oh yeah. What if Michael finally breaks his Thriller record and sells about 30 - 50 copies of his new album in the US? This will be stellar.

I bet thousands will turn up and line the areas around LA.... I can't see the police being able to keep everyone out and especially not that far away from staples.... people will need to get through the exclusion zone for other purposes and people are bound to slip through.....

I will be watching from home

Glad plans are finally in place and I understand very well the restrictions that have to be imposed. Lets get real y'all, we are MICHAEL JACKSON fans, LA can't handle us! We would be too much for them! Also glad that the family will have there private service prior and also glad that MJ's coffin won't be at the Staples Centre, I just knew the family would not allow that particular image to be seen by the world.

I bet thousands will turn up and line the areas around LA.... I can't see the police being able to keep everyone out and especially not that far away from staples.... people will need to get through the exclusion zone for other purposes and people are bound to slip through.....

I will be watching from home

I agree

Yes! They just said this on CNN International! 500 MILLION! Holy .... ! I thought she had messed up and said the wrong number at first. 500 MILLION HITS. Wow. And they want to keep everyone out but 17,000?? She also said (I missed the first part) that someone & Al Sharpton (? sorry, missed it) are trying to ask L.A. or someone to just pay for what's needed to allow more people to be there and also asking for a whole National Day of Mourning in the U.S. As it should be. :cry:

I HOPE that happens. Al Sharpton has connections and he can make it happen. *Crossing fingers*

did it say anywhere about when u will pick the tickets up. some statement sounded like u had to collect on monday? has it been said anywhere else?

So, is it just me or would it make more sense to let the fans around the staple center and set up the big screens like they were saying, because fans are going to gather somewhere and most likely it will be as close to the staple center as possible. Fans being on the outside of the barriers seems like more trouble to me.

This makes me mad though, because I already had booked my flight, and then I hear this. The only reason I was coming to LA was to gather and be with other fans to pay my respects and now, they say watch it from home. I don't know where to go if I don't get a ticket. Is there anything being planned by the fans?? I don't want to sit in my hotel room and watch it, that just doesn't seem right.:(

I understand what you are saying, it would make sense to set up some place where fans can gather and comfort one another, however you do have those a$$holes that will cause trouble and then the media will say "Jackson fans become unruly and start a riot". That would be the worst. I feel they should've found an open space like a huge park or something. Hell if they can shut down stuff for the damn Oscars and Emmy's why not do it for MJ's fans that are coming from all over. They (the city of LA) know damn well MJ has international fans that will be flying in or have already flown in the witness the service.

I understand what you are saying, it would make sense to set up some place where fans can gather and comfort one another, however you do have those a$$holes that will cause trouble and then the media will say "Jackson fans become unruly and start a riot". That would be the worst. I feel they should've found an open space like a huge park or something. Hell if they can shut down stuff for the damn Oscars and Emmy's why not do it for MJ's fans that are coming from all over. They (the city of LA) know damn well MJ has international fans that will be flying in or have already flown in the witness the service.

There's still a few days, I guess they may still make some changes. Are you going?

This is off subject and kind of sad, but I know we talked to each other about seeing Michael when we were kids, at the same venues for Victory and Bad, well I noticed shortly before Michael passed that you had tickets to see him on July 28th, I was going to pm you because so did I.:cry:

So, is it just me or would it make more sense to let the fans around the staple center and set up the big screens like they were saying, because fans are going to gather somewhere and most likely it will be as close to the staple center as possible. Fans being on the outside of the barriers seems like more trouble to me.

This makes me mad though, because I already had booked my flight, and then I hear this. The only reason I was coming to LA was to gather and be with other fans to pay my respects and now, they say watch it from home. I don't know where to go if I don't get a ticket. Is there anything being planned by the fans?? I don't want to sit in my hotel room and watch it, that just doesn't seem right.:(
Trust me people are still going to go. Expect a crowd of 700,000 people in the streets despite what the cops have said. They know no one will listen. I say still go, you deserve to be there as much as anyone with a "ticket" does. If you are willing to make all that effort, travel costs to be there, you deserve to be there and you be there. Don't let these cops stop you.

did it say anywhere about when u will pick the tickets up. some statement sounded like u had to collect on monday? has it been said anywhere else?

Staples Center will send an email to the winners of the tickets specifying where and when to collect the tickets. They didn't provide more details as far as I know...

Trust me people are still going to go. Expect a crowd of 700,000 people in the streets despite what the cops have said. They know no one will listen. I say still go, you deserve to be there as much as anyone with a "ticket" does. If you are willing to make all that effort, travel costs to be there, you deserve to be there and you be there. Don't let these cops stop you.

100% agree. MJ fans can overcome anything.

Re: BREAKING NEWS-Conference will be held today (6PM BST) - (Details inside)

I know for a fact it will be held live on MSNBC and CNN. It will be 1pm eastern time and 10am pacific time.

I am seeing something on Michael right now on the MSNBC channel. It's Headliners and Legends running from 10 am to 11 am (Pacific). I missed the first 6 minutes of this if it started at 10 am and now trying to record it.

I don't see it on CNN

Re: BREAKING NEWS-Conference will be held today (6PM BST) - (Details inside)

what time is that UK time guys? so i have the tv set up despite my friends coming round for a drink, i swear im making this mj tribute night! lol :)

exactly what i'm doing haha.
x

Back