BREAKING NEWS - AEG Conference will be held today (6PM BST) - (Details inside)

I dont think that will stop fans from being outside. But I can understand not wanting it to be a circus. The Jacksons know that MJ does not only have 11,000 fans but they are trying to make it safe and also respectable.

I understand that. My thoughts were just that they should only have a private service but its not my place to make arrangements. I will make my own arrangements here in texas for myself to say goodbye since i cannot be there in california. :(

I was telling a friend of mine that us fans should have our own memorial in the future where everyone all over the world can pay tribute to Mj maybe at his final resting place......

There will be a private funeral service!

They are still expecting an influx of thousands of fans outside the Staples Center and behind police barracades. MJ's Army of Love should be outside and around in full force honoring our King regardless of geting in and being able to view big screens. Show the world!!!

SHOW THE WORLD!!! THIS IS IT!!! LONG LIVE THE KING!

Plus I believe this is one of plenty of Memorials... this is just the main one so that the family can at least begin laying him to rest.

They are still expecting an influx of thousands of fans outside the Staples Center and behind police barracades. MJ's Army of Love should be outside and around in full force honoring our King regardless of geting in and being able to view big screens. Show the world!!!

:yes:

I'm glad things are finally clear. I'll be watching on TV. :(

fans will be outside theres 100's who flew in from europe they are hardly gonna sit in their hotel room watching it. dunno why they didnt use a stadium or an open field and errect a stage. hopefully the real services at nev etc will be all that matters

Wow, this funeral promises to be a great mess. Imagine if all the fans around the world were at that funeral? Would have to last at least a week the funeral! And I think the police is not ready for it, would be many, many, many people! :(

I hope the police are very prepared and it is prohibited to enter the press.​

acording to the Official Staples Center Press conference today

The memorial Service will be give to all stations to Broadcast for free around the world

There will also be live internet feeds

You can register for free tickets to the memorial at
http://staplescenter.com

There will be NO screens outside the Staples center
In fact that whole area will be blocked off for satety reasons
Only those who receive tickets will be allowed in the AREA ..

THE CITY OF LOS ANGELAS PLEADS WITH PEOPLE DO NOT COME
IF YOU DONT HAVE A TICKET - AS THEY HAVE NO RESOURCES
TO HANDLE AND PROTECT THAT MANY PEOPLE ..
Yeah, I know. Sky News just reported a while ago that although there will be no screens outside Staples or in the immediate vicinity, some places outside the closed zone were talking about preparing large screens like in parking lots and the like. This isn't official I'm sure if you're in Los Angeles, you'd hear about where before Tuesday. But I'd say that if you don't get tickets, just plan that this won't happen. Watch at home.

I have to admit that deep down inside I agree. I know that others here will be like "no! they say to stay home and watch on tv!", but emotionally I wanted a million people lining the streets, I wanted the whole world to stop for a day. In any case, I just hope that anyone who decides to defy the "stay at home" request is respectful of the barricades and police and doesn't do anything crazy. Just remember it's a memorial service and behave accordingly.

I agree ^^^ This is the day for the world to show actively our love and adoration for michael. UNITE.

its not like they wants thousand on the streets showing how much mj is loved. wouldnt fit with the agendas. so keep everyone away and make it look like theres no fans.typcial

The thing is, if you limit the tickets for the memorial to US residents only, then what of the thousands already out there from overseas. Where do they go? It was always going to be inevitable that thousands of fans would flock to LA...why not set up something in a much larger stadium, contain the masses in a controlled space.

I imagine that many many fans will still attempt to get close to the memorial ground.

As much as I would like to be in the vicinity to pay my respects, Im quite glad I am not in LA right now, the fan community out there is no doubt up in arms about the arrangements. But I think whatever the family would try to plan, in a short space of time, would never be good enough for some.

The thing is, if you limit the tickets for the memorial to US residents only, then what of the thousands already out there from overseas. Where do they go? It was always going to be inevitable that thousands of fans would flock to LA...why not set up something in a much larger stadium, contain the masses in a controlled space.

I imagine that many many fans will still attempt to get close to the memorial ground.

As much as I would like to be in the vicinity to pay my respects, Im quite glad I am not in LA right now, the fan community out there is no doubt up in arms about the arrangements. But I think whatever the family would try to plan, in a short space of time, would never be good enough for some.

agree. im gald im not out there now after the mixed emotions ive had over the last few days about wanting to go.going al lthat way and seeing nothing and no procession to pay your respect to.if u couldnt get in to the actual arena. and alot of those ticks are for the nookia so u wont even be at the actual service.

Can someone please update the first page of this post so we can find the information easily?

SOrry if this has already been said but:

Apparently there was 500 MILLION hits in the first 2 hours to the Staple Centre site, since the memorial was announced.

Thats like more than even the American population lol! Amazing!

SOrry if this has already been said but:

Apparently there was 500 MILLION hits in the first 2 hours to the Staple Centre site, since the memorial was announced.

Thats like more than even the American population lol! Amazing!

Jeez man that's unreal!

Back