"Breaking News" All General Discussion Here [Merged]

What do You Think Now???

• Now im Sure Its Michael!!!

Votes: 89 21.4%
  • I Still Think its Not him!!!

Votes: 223 53.7%
  • I now think that its Michael, but still have my doubts!!

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Im Confused!!!!

Votes: 79 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ thanks I've been corrected dozens of times since posting.. somone posted that it was and I went off on that.. thanks for clearing it up thow lol!!

so Finally the song will be on the album, fine. One more time they are laughing at our face deshonoring Michael.
I don't know what'll do, but no getting the album on stores.

If this song on an album buys it I won't be! Very disgustingly also all is sad it.

So, what's going to be next now that the songs will be in the album?
Are we going to let it be?

We've been pranked!!!

defdave;3070092 said:
According to the "final vote" thread, we fans who know the truth are still the majority even though that majority on this site is slipping thanks to people being deceived by the estate's statement. Sony hoped their campaign would work and to some extent it has here at MJJC. Not quite so much on other MJ boards though thankfully.

Do we side with a shady statement from the estate (btw why wasn't that released on mj.com and how do we positively know it's official?) or do we side with people like former Sony exec and record producer Cory Rooney who was in the meetings with Teddy Riley and others and claims there's a great deception going on?

Do we side with a shady statement from the estate or do we side with Michael's very own family...his flesh and blood....his Mother, his sister, his very own children...who all say they don't think Michael's singing on Breaking News.

It's Jason Malachi's doing lead vocal on Breaking News. I put that on everything I own.

What's happening to Michael now after his passing is WRONG. It's wrong wrong wrong WRONG. It's completely unethical and immoral and makes me sick to my f'n stomach what they're doing to him posthumously.

It's been posted before, but I'm posting it again for everyone who's fooling themselves or in denial to consider:

(What does Michael's nephew Taryll have to gain from this...think about it)

On Monday 8th November 2010, @Taryll said:

I am shocked that things have gotten this far. This is ridiculous. I was at the studio when these questionable files were delivered. I heard these "so-called" Michael Jackson songs raw and without the distraction of the well produced music by Teddy Riley. How they constructed these songs is very sneaky and sly. many people who have worked on this project either have strong doubts and questions while others KNOW the truth yet decided to turn and look the other way with their hands out for $$$. I will NEVER look the other way. Right is Right, Truth is Truth, Facts are Facts and it will all come out!!! I tried so hard to prevent this craziness, but they wouldn't listen. I KNOW my Uncle's voice and something's seriously wrong when you have immediate FAMILY saying it's not him. Don't you have to wonder why? I have strong, undeniable points. They can't give me answers, yet continue to move forward with lies and deception. Sounding like Michael Jackson and BEING Michael Jackson are two different things.

"if you know it's a lie then you will swear it, If you give it with guilt then you will bear it, If it's taking a chance then you will dare it… you would do anything for money"

Why people cannot hear that the singer on this track has identical vibrato and breathwork to Jason Malachi I do not know. This is a travesty. I'm actually embarrassed to be called an MJ fan right now. I'm sure that Elvis's fans or John Lennon's would be duped in this way.

Blind devotion and commitment to buying anything with 'Michael Jackson' written on it isn't helping preserve MJ's legacy - it's diluting it.

Maceo;3070276 said:
So, what's going to be next now that the songs will be in the album?
Are we going to let it be?

We've been pranked!!!

We surely have. Can't wait for future releases with E Cas on main vocals. :puke:

After returning to this thread and reading the last few pages, it's interesting to observe just how many members either have or are beginning to alter their initial opinions regarding 'Breaking News'.
This doesn't really surprise me when one sits back and considers what I believe is the bare reality of this entire fiasco.

It's all quite simple really...I believe the initial claims made by disgruntled members of the Jackson camp (namely 3T) about the authenticity of certain tracks on the forthcoming album came about and were spawned out of jealousy. Straight and simple.

Tito's son's appear to have been counting on their tracks with Mike to make an appearance on the album and in process raise their public profiles, which have been non-existent and dormant for way over a decade now. Which is a PR calamity for all but forgotten stars trying to jumpstart flagging careers in the business.
Also of note, since Taj has been proven to have been present when Cascio's people delivered Mike's raw vocal tracks to the Estate and selected producers, he was able to hear the Cascio's tracks at their private unveiling/s.

The point is, there must be no doubt that he would have noticed the absence of Mike's backing vocals over the chorus of Breaking News and to a lesser extent the whole track. The inevitable result in MJ's case is a rough vocal demo without the benifit of Michael's polishing with his layered vocals etc, will sound quite different when compared to Mike's official releases. It's safe to assume 3T's tracks probably have more vocals by Mike too. With all this, Taj and co. clearly felt they had ammuntion against the Cascio's and the Estate months later (now) when he's received confirmation that 3T's tracks didn't make the final cut.

What other reason could there possibly be for him to wait until the very last minute to make it public knowledge that one of the most historically important musical releases ever may in fact be fraudulent!? Even when he made mention that he had these "doubts" right from the get-go!? Any rational person who claims to be as outraged and concerned as MJ's nephews and the comical LaToya Jackson (anyone recall 1993!?), surely would have become whistleblowers much earlier in the piece?

Furthermore, from a strictly business perspective, does anyone really believe, that a colossal worldwide conglomerate such as Sony/Epic would shell out hundreds of millions of dollars on supposed demo and unreleased tracks left behind by Michael Jackson, if there was any doubts about the authenticity!? If so, I highly doubt the higher ups were breaking out the bubbly after that deal was struck!

The procedures and exhaustive testing that Sony and the Estate have dually undertaken on the soon to be released songs has been more than adequate...Not to mention all the guarantors, such as Swedien, Phillanganes and Holly...etc.

Taking a closer look at what the Estate has achieved since Mike's death is astonishing when you consider how the general public perceived Michael in the years preceding June 25th 2009. I'm not going to list them all here in the interest of keeping this post from becoming an essay lol...But projects such as the Cirque Du Doleil deal, MJ Experience, TII etc...Have all filled the Estate coffers with loads of cash and enhanced Michael's reputation and public perception. Quite impressive really.

It's clear that the two men MJ entrusted his professional dealings to have been right on the money for the most part thus far and certainly appear to have Mike's best interests as the core for their longterm business plan. In other word, they have much less of a reason to be dishonest about anything MJ musically or otherwise, say than, I dunno, three disgruntled nephews?

Before I finish giving my opinions I have to mention that by vocalising their doubts about the Cascio tracks, the Jacksons knew the impact their claims would be fuelled within the painfully paranoid online fanbase, who they knew would overly analyze 'Breaking News', hear the lack of the all important MJ backing vocals etc and many would possibly conclude that the claims were legit. Combined with Mike singing in a lower register which I found refreshing, as I'm sure Mike did too, remember, Taj knew this as he was present at the Cascio/Estate drop off!

In conclusion, In my opinion, 'Breaking News' is a killer track and certainly has the potential to crack the mainstream in a way that MJ hasn't since the release of You Are Not Alone! :)

I've decided to quote/bump my own post as I feel I spent way too much time choosing my words carefully and forming an intelligent argument geared towards common sense and a little thing called logic, for it to be seen by about four people. :)

I've decided to quote/bump my own post as I feel I spent way too much time choosing my words carefully and forming an intelligent argument geared towards common sense and a little thing called logic, for it to be seen by about four people. :)

Having not been on this board for a year I'd not heard anything about this song prior to listening to it on mj.com. I immediately assumed it was a joke/publicity stunt.

Say what you want but don't assume that those of us convinced that this is not MJ singing on BN have simply been 'biased' by the worries of the Jackson family. I give all of that clan a wide birth. Myself and many others are simply listening with our ears and feeling with our hearts. The truth will come out eventually. I'm just gutted this album will have Michael Jackson's name on it.

am I the only person whos glad Breaking News is on the album?? I love the track, so what if all the vocals arent Michael, hes definately on there singing thats enough for me, we all new alot of songs that are going to be released werent Michaels finished versions and needed to be completed, I would rather hear a song that wasnt totally Michaels vision than nothing atall, at the end of the day I enjoy the song.

well we better get use to this, because they arent going to be releasing albums with perfect MJ songs some will be more heavily produced that others

in other news Michael Jackson duets with Akon, 50 Cent, Lenny Kravitz on next album looking forward

am I the only person whos glad Breaking News is on the album?? I love the track, so what if all the vocals arent Michael, hes definately on there singing thats enough for me, we all new alot of songs that are going to be released werent Michaels finished versions and needed to be completed, I would rather hear a song that wasnt totally Michaels vision than nothing atall, at the end of the day I enjoy the song.

So true!
I don't understand all the negativity and hectic here at all...!

I thought these were interesting tweets from Teddy Riley! for those who didn't see it?

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY @

@Forumz YES IT IS MICHAEL. JAMES IS ONLY ON THE CHORUS. I HAVE JAMES TRACKS. NO ONE IS SPEAKING UP BECAUSE THE TRUTH HURTS ONLY MJ...CONT.

22 hours ago

@Forumz I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE TELLING THE TRUTH...TRUST IT IS MJ. YES THE F-ING CASCIOS PROCESSED THE VOICE. STILL IS MICHAEL...CONT.

22 hours ago http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#

@Forumz THE OOHS, VOCAL ATTACKS, FXs ARE SAMPLES TO FINISH THE SONGS. I'M ONLY SUPPORTING HIM NO ONE ELSE...CONT.

@MarieJoseGMH JASON CAN'T SING CLOSE TO MICHAEL IF HE TRIED HIS FANNED HARDEST.

22 hours ago http://twitter.com/#

»
TR_in_Tokyo_normal.jpg

@jonesing4cigs READ IT AGAIN...JAMES NOT SINGING ANY OF MJ LEADS WHICH IS THE ANSWER TO EVERYONE'S QUESTION HERE DUDE.

@missKoito JAMES IS BACKGROUNDS ONLY!!! NONE OF THE LEADS. IT'S ALL MJ VERY PROCESSED AND IT IS MJ. TRUTH!!

23 hours ago http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#
http://twitter.com/#!/TeddyRiley1/status/2690072520429568 http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#http://twitter.com/#

Teddy would never lie like this, I really don't think so...! He's not like that - I'm sure of that!!!

eStyle;3070613 said:
Teddy would never lie like this, I really don't think so...! He's not like that - I'm sure of that!!!

I'm am confused be more Pacific pls? U mean lie about it being MJ? Sorry, I am tired and I don't understand what u meant? :scratch:This is Teddy's official twitter!

Also he said to somebody:

celebritywax Waqas Saeed (Wax) DJ by TeddyRiley1

@teddyriley1 has apparently revised #breakingnews song, so we hear a less processed #MichaelJackson singing

1 hour ago

»
TR_in_Tokyo_normal.jpg

@celebritywax Truth!!!

1 hour ago

So is there gonna be a new version or it's already there? WTF?

Last edited:
Ágnes;3070637 said:
from Teddy R twitter...hm...strange
why is he attacking?

Cause the Casio's gave it to him that way and he is pissed he is getting blamed for it when all he did was worked with what they gave him! lol

Cause the Casio's gave it to him that way and he is pissed he is getting blamed for it when all he did was worked with what they gave him! lol
might be...but still he cold at least use a more cultural tune

this is portraying him only in bad way....attacking otheres in such rude way...that is so not Michaelish! at least he should respect, that now the talk is about Michael and this is not the way it should be talked

Ágnes;3070670 said:

this is portraying him only in bad way....attacking otheres in such rude way...that is so not Michaelish! at least he should respect, that now the talk is about Michael and this is not the way it should be talked
People have been hurling hate at him since the track was released and it's not even his fault. I understand why he's angry.

I agree Teddy just backing out like he had nothing to do with it when he accepted to work with it! Which makes him just as responsible! Teddy also said on his twitter that he even told Taryll Jackson that to him he don't care if these songs are on the album or not that it's up to the estate to decide! So it sounds like to me teddy was willing to work with whatever he was given!

Also he says that Corey Roneysp? was the only one that agreed with Taryll Jackson only that the vocals were not mjs! He said to read between the lines cause Correy produce Taryll Jackson before so that's' why he taking his side!? He said that Taryll Jackson came into the meeting hostile and was the only one talking and that it was no use talking to someone being like that!

Seriously it's a game of he said he said, basically! And it's messed up! MJ don't deserve this!

TeddyRiley1 TEDDY RILEY

Damn it!!!! I wanna talk so dog on bad.

4 minutes ago Favorite Reply
LOL that was just not that long ago! Man he looks like he wants to explode! TALK BABY TALK! I WANNA KNOW! LOL SMH

Good night y'all! I have a headache with all this B.S!

Last edited:
andyp350;3070568 said:

I am glad the track is on the album, I've liked it from the beginning, even the 'Monday' version. I've had my doubts, it did sound different here and there, but it was supposed to be since it was 'unfinished' work sort of speaking. I've also thought that sony would try to do something 'fishy' but I think they cannot afford to, given the fans reactions - they must have thought the fans would notice immediately. Oh, and I'm buyin' the album :yes:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Concerning what fans want when songs are included on an album. IMO fans are important, because they buy and maintain the legacy of an artist, but I believe the artist should decide what he/she wants on that album. We fans buy the album, but to request that a song be removed because we don't like it or don't want it there, for various reasons, well that's a bit too much. Not saying that it's OK for the labels to ignore or disregard fans, but it's the artist that decides.

I'm a new poster but I've read a lot here this week and I admit I was put off by the negativity and aggressiveness that were unleashed by this. I wasn’t here when This Is it premiered last year so I don’t know if it was the same, given the controversy created by some in the family concerning the use or doubles – I remember it was madness then too, just like it is now. I cannot afford to say Michael would or wouldn’t do this or that, but I was thinking omg, if he were reading here this week… I mean, seeing his fans so divided… Shouldn’t we think for ourselves, make our own decisions, accept difference of opinion and try to be nice or at least respectful to each other? Just my 2 cents.

andyp350;3070568 said:

I love the song as well... and it will be in the album!!

MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon

http://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/

Whoaaa whats going on with Teddy Riley!? Is this actually what he's saying on his Twitter!?

I'm am confused be more Pacific pls? U mean lie about it being MJ? Sorry, I am tired and I don't understand what u meant? :scratch:

No, the other way round! ;)
I meant Teddy would never lie that it's MJ and it's actually not - so I believe what Teddy is saying and I believe that it's MJ on BN! ;)

Ágnes;3070670 said:

This is not directed at you, so don't take this personally, but it's quite rich to demand of Mr. Riley to use a "more cultural tone" when everyone else here seems to ignore it.
We were all so happy when we heard of Mr. Riley's involvement, so is it really such a surprise that he's unhappy about all the negativity he receives? I mean he didn't HAVE to do this job, but he did it and we should be grateful.
There, we have it. It IS Michael. But the anti-fraction is still not happy, mainly because they have slagged off Michael's song, so now they know it's Michael singing the vocals, they are trying to find something else they don't like because it's a bit tricky to back-paddle once you've moaned about how crap the song is. No other album/single or whatever they are going to release in the future will be like when MJ was alive. We should accept that and just enjoy what we get.

PLEASE.

Could someone make a version of Breaking News where the first 35 seconds is cut out?

I'm having a party tonight and I would love to play it, but the intro is no good for a party, so I would like a version that starts with a bang. :lol: - hope you know what I mean.

ALSO the last part with silence would be nice to have cut out. So it's "Breaking the news - Bang" end. Not the last
9 seconds.
PLEASE PM me if you can make that as a mp3. THANKS

PLEASE.

Could someone make a version of Breaking News where the first 35 seconds is cut out?

I'm having a party tonight and I would love to play it, but the intro is no good for a party, so I would like a version that starts with a bang. :lol: - hope you know what I mean.

ALSO the last part with silence would be nice to have cut out. So it's "Breaking the news - Bang" end. Not the last
9 seconds.
PLEASE PM me if you can make that as a mp3. THANKS

PM'D you a new cut, remember to buy the album.

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back