Came back thinking i was ready...

Come back when you can :better: I took a break for a couple of months too, I'm sure it will get better.

Gaz is right, the fan community is nothing like what it used to be like, since MJ's passing the amount of hate and fighting has increased greatly, now every section of this forum you go on to there will be someone saying something negative, its even worse when we know MJ would most definitely not want this to be happening, we should be uniting at this time, not crumbling.

I agree. There is lots of hate now.. What is wrong with people!?? You can't even share your honest opinion without something reply with a bad comment. Even though if if my opinion is negative, and you're just honest. ;/!

I first realised it after the Michael album...

What your are witnessing is the death of the Michael Jackson fan community.

I to share your concerns as I see we have dropped 50% member traffic in the last few months, and this is in the middle of album and single releases.

Dianne I am sorry to say but we are now at the beginning of the end.

I swear this comment just hit me in the gut in a way:( thats not something I ever thought being a fan of 26 years I would ever see and I so hope thats not the case in the long run.

People need to realise that it's possible to disagree and express an opinion without fighting. It's not hard. For the most part, that happens. It's just every now and then an explosive personality starts to go on the offensive.

People need to realise that it's possible to disagree and express an opinion without fighting. It's not hard. For the most part, that happens. It's just every now and then an explosive personality starts to go on the offensive.

Excatly.

It does kind of make one think, when a thread like this is created and all of a sudden it's full of "those tracks are fake" which is not only a bit off topic but a bit presumptious.

Maybe D.Electric is still at a point where she has not dealt with her grief enough to be able to look at MJ related things and feel happy, but instead it hurts her to do so. Because not once did I see her mention "those" tracks in her post. Maybe I'm wrong as well but it sort of seemed that was what she was trying to say, although maybe I am also assuming things because this is what I did for a long time - shut out a lot of MJ related things as it hurt me more than it made me happy and it was not healthy.

I do not think it helps that there is so much bickering and hate all the time, that is enough to put anyone off in the best of moods.

I think I am misunderstanding what the original post meant. It sounds like someone who has had a hard time dealing with Michael's death. It's been hard for all of us but for some they can't watch his videos or listen to his music. Even talking about Michael is hard. They think that distancing themselves from Michael things will ease the pain. Then they try to come back and it's too hard.

This is what I thought this person was trying to say. I have to say that it's been almost 2 years now and there are some songs I can't listen to or even watching This is It is difficult.

There's three reasons for that.

I think there's one reason: Pain. No matter how much we rejoice Michael, or on the other side are angered and disappointed about singles on an album or Jackson family actions or inactions, or Murray, or Mann or anything, it all comes back to Michael being gone.

The pain hits us with good and bad events. We read stories here of his kindness like ensuring twin babies get to see his sold out concert or his concern as a child for a fellow performer being possibly caught in a Jackson 5 fan stampede, and we are reminded again of what we senselessly loss and the familiar heart tug and questions of "why Michael?" overwhelm us all over again.

Stuff like the countless suits, Murray's upcoming trial, Mann, etc. just arouses anger, and that anger too is derived from the pain of knowing that even in death Michael is maligned, dishonored, disrepected and taken advantage of, with seemingly no strong voice to come to his defense, so we do it for him, venting and raging in posts, until frustrated, some just stop posting, needing to take a break, needing to get some perspective and pay attention to their own lives, because they feel consumed by him and the loss of him, and want to stop feeling the pain of that loss. They want to move on from it. Eventually, they may come back here, but as the OP basically said, they are jolted by his loss all over again when they do.

I think there's one reason: Pain. No matter how much we rejoice Michael, or on the other side are angered and disappointed about singles on an album or Jackson family actions or inactions, or Murray, or Mann or anything, it all comes back to Michael being gone.

The pain hits us with good and bad events. We read stories here of his kindness like ensuring twin babies get to see his sold out concert or his concern as a child for a fellow performer being possibly caught in a Jackson 5 fan stampede, and we are reminded again of what we senselessly loss and the familiar heart tug and questions of "why Michael?" overwhelm us all over again.

Stuff like the countless suits, Murray's upcoming trial, Mann, etc. just arouses anger, and that anger too is derived from the pain of knowing that even in death Michael is maligned, dishonored, disrepected and taken advantage of, with seemingly no strong voice to come to his defense, so we do it for him, venting and raging in posts, until frustrated, some just stop posting, needing to take a break, needing to get some perspective and pay attention to their own lives, because they feel consumed by him and the loss of him, and want to stop feeling the pain of that loss. They want to move on from it. Eventually, they may come back here, but as the OP basically said, they are jolted by his loss all over again when they do.

I agree. I don't know if people have dealt with his death and the impact of it. I know I struggle because some things are too much and i need to step back sometimes. I really don't think I can even watch video of the trial.

And this proves my point. There is not one single thread that can not be poisoned with this never ending cascio ish.

And the direction this thread has now gone in is testament to exactlyy why fans no longer want to be here.

What you fail to grasp is it isn't FANS that started this mess... The higher ups messed up. What you are asking is for a massive part of the fan community who believe that the album contains things that shouldn't be there, to just bend over and take it.

And the album was the tipping point, so when you talk about the fan community being destroyed you have to expect that the album issue will be raised.

I mainly visit the forum just for news these days, but I hope you can understand why so many fans have thrown their hands up in the air and walked away.

Okay Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I know i have no right to be commenting on this stuff as I haven't posted in AGES myself on this board, especially since MJ's death. But I do come visit and I do come stalk...

I saw the tweet for MJJC and I had to come and see what was going on. THIS is whats going on??? The three tracks is STILL the 'big crisis'? Not only that, the big crisis that's threatening to end the MJJ community? Are you kiiiddding me? SERIOUSLY?

Ok if you think its the estate's fault fine. WHATEVER. But are we seriously gonna let THREE F'IN TRACKS tear everyone apart? THAT'S how we honor MJ's legacy? WTF?? Can't ya'll just get OVER IT? If you think they're fake or not - in the grand scheme of things, is it REALLY that big of a deal? You can't just leave well enough alone. If the tracks are fake or not there's nothing we can do about it! Either you enjoy them or you don't - lets move on! That petty stuff should in NO WAY be associated with even the PROSPECT of losing the community.

The comments in this thread completely BLEW ME. And its only cuz MJJC will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart - even if I lurk about. So what if traffic goes down. This site has survived dry spells before and no one was all doom and gloom.

To the original poster, I know this thread has been thrown off track but i wanted to say that what you've said is completely understandable. Healing takes time, when you're ready to come back, you'll know it.

Okay Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I know i have no right to be commenting on this stuff as I haven't posted in AGES myself on this board, especially since MJ's death. But I do come visit and I do come stalk...

I saw the tweet for MJJC and I had to come and see what was going on. THIS is whats going on??? The three tracks is STILL the 'big crisis'? Not only that, the big crisis that's threatening to end the MJJ community? Are you kiiiddding me? SERIOUSLY?

Ok if you think its the estate's fault fine. WHATEVER. But are we seriously gonna let THREE F'IN TRACKS tear everyone apart? THAT'S how we honor MJ's legacy? WTF?? Can't ya'll just get OVER IT? If you think they're fake or not - in the grand scheme of things, is it REALLY that big of a deal? You can't just leave well enough alone. If the tracks are fake or not there's nothing we can do about it! Either you enjoy them or you don't - lets move on! That petty stuff should in NO WAY be associated with even the PROSPECT of losing the community.

The comments in this thread completely BLEW ME. And its only cuz MJJC will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart - even if I lurk about. So what if traffic goes down. This site has survived dry spells before and no one was all doom and gloom.

To the original poster, I know this thread has been thrown off track but i wanted to say that what you've said is completely understandable. Healing takes time, when you're ready to come back, you'll know it.

^^^^
THIS IS IT :)

To the thread started. We will be here for you
when you return. I feel you pain :( dear

We Will be here for you and others regardless supporting
Michael his music and all he stands for in this world
You will always have a MJ HOME to come too (hugs)

We have been through many hard times and our Love for Michael
will not let us ever give up .. The 3 songs are NOT the problem

The problem was here and all over the fan base before the 3 songs
ever came up. They are being used by some as being the problem.
If it wasnt the 3 songs they would have created another problem
As always not everyone is here to continue the Love and Musical
Legacy of Michael Jackson. Wise up ..

This too shall pass Its temporary KEEP THE FAITH
Lets continue our work as we have always done for Michael and each other

Lets continue to Hold Hands Dance and Sing To Michael songs
and do all we can to help Heal the World. NOTHING CAN STOP US

And No I am NOT Corny :cheeky: I love you
This is what Michael himself would say to us

Please do Not Fear .. Listen to Michael
WE will Hold hands and whether the storms together

[Youtube]mdVabOX_eP8[/Youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdVabOX_eP8

We Will Always Keep The Faith ... Listen to Michael

[youtube]YfhhL3nf_-8[/youtube]

Last edited:
It'll take a lot more than three questionable songs and a divided fan base to kill the Michael Jackson fan community. We are all still mourning Michael's passing, and we'll be doing that for quite some time. Michael's been gone for more than a year, but as fans it is our job to keep his legacy alive. Nobody's going anywhere.

He is at peace now, and we shall celebrate his legacy.

Off topic:

I am curious to know what The Estate is thinking currently with regards to these songs now that the album has dropped and the fan community continues to be divided. The press release stated that we, the fans, are the true judges to these songs. Being optimistic, maybe their opinions have changed, who knows. I hope we will see one day.

Qbee is right, these songs didn't start this. I somewhat saw this animosity amongst each other formulating in the album discussion thread, long before the album released or a tracklist was even announced. Since then it's just gotten worse, I think in some ways, many of us are still grieving, grieving over Michael. In most of these arguments amongst each other, someone always, always says, "Michael wouldn't allow this, how can they do this without Michael's consent"...Michael's absence is still affecting all of us, and some take it better than others. I love this place, and I don't know about anyone else, but a few disagreements and minor spats won't drive me away from here. I feel closer to people on here than I do with people in my own life, because we all share the same passion. I just hope all of this settles itself eventually.

^ I Cant stop staring at your siggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah.. got sick of this place myself. but do not fear! i only moved over to the 'Lets Talk Michael' esp michaelmania.
back to fun

So, Ive been away from MJJC quite a while. Ive been completly staying away from anything Mike related, trying to heal... It was working. I thought I was ready to come back here, get involved in some discussions.

I was totally wrong. After reading through a few posts, seeing pictures... I was dead wrong.

This is just a message to say Hi, and I hope youre all well. Im going to try and come back every now and again...but for me, life is just a hell of a lot easier if I just ignore everything.

Love to you all

xxx
hey hun
i remember you .your a very special girl.:better:
please feel free to pm me if you ever needed someone to talk to
take care of you , ok ..

Firstly I have not hijacked this thread. If all thhing were rosey and we were doing our best to celebrate Michael then I am pretty sure Dianne would be able to stay.

Instead the hate everywhere is destroying peoples enjoyment thus in time they will get fed up and leave.

Its the circle of life. Only we are making this happen. Or at least speeding it into over drive.

Thankyou,Gaz.I believe we are here to celebrate Michael.Can't we just take squabbles elsewhere? :angel:

What your are witnessing is the death of the Michael Jackson fan community.
Dianne I am sorry to say but we are now at the beginning of the end..

Ever since michael's death this is what i have been most afraid of and it looks like it is happening.

I always thought we call considered each other like family and i for one i've always considered u guys my second family. I dont think i could bear losing u all now

I still check in here every day, but only login rarely now. I wonder if it looks like member traffic is reduced because alot of members are doing the same as me?

The fan community will never die. If people have been here since the start and they're here right now, posting here at this very moment - or given timezones and whatnot - chances are they're here to stay. Plus Michael gained a few admirers in his passing and I'm sure those people are still here. It's going to take a long time for those who are still shocked to heal and they have all the time in the world to do so.

Those three songs, as divided and annoyed as they've made us - I was pissed off at first - I've just forgotten about them; didn't buy the album and just enjoying the non-Immortal sections here (it's still a great place for me as long as I don't go to the Immortal forum) because I've been pissed with every decision the estate and Sony have made since Vision, Michael etc. Those songs should never divide us or even stop people being fans.

Maybe when the VB4 upgrade comes with new things the traffic might jump back up. Who knows. We might have lost the person who made all of us ''Come Together In Harmony'' but things can't get any worse from here on in. I've had my digs at MJJC for various things but in a way...it's still a place to discuss all things Michael Jackson; and surely we've still got that.

I am curious to know what The Estate is thinking currently with regards to these songs now that the album has dropped and the fan community continues to be divided. The press release stated that we, the fans, are the true judges to these songs. Being optimistic, maybe their opinions have changed, who knows. I hope we will see one day.
One can only hope they scored a few brain cells for Christmas and listen to the fans when they say something isn't right. I have a feeling a new album will take a long time to come; but if it's good and it manages to include legit songs and legit B-sides on singles and actual decent videos, we might have a good future ahead of us.

They still have a chance to come up with the goods and by that, the goods don't mean suspicious and illegit vocal performances. I'd get Neff-U or Rodney Jerkins to produce the next album.

Last edited:
One can only hope they scored a few brain cells for Christmas and listen to the fans when they say something isn't right. I have a feeling a new album will take a long time to come; but if it's good and it manages to include legit songs and legit B-sides on singles and actual decent videos, we might have a good future ahead of us.

They still have a chance to come up with the goods and by that, the goods don't mean suspicious and illegit vocal performances. I'd get Neff-U or Rodney Jerkins to produce the next album.

I too hope that the estate & sony will have some plan up their sleeves for christmas , but i doubt they will. Altough they should bring up something new sooner rather than later IMO

I've text you Dannii. Hope we can talk soon as its been a long time since we last met. Sending out a major love to you :hug:

Firstly, Gaz, Thankyou for replying to my thread... I appreciate that current events are very difficult for you. May I suggest a few things that may be contributing to the decrease in member traffic:
1) There are people like myself who deal with grief by simply dissociating themselves from anything related
2) There was a huge increase in new members in 2009... I can imagine a huge proportion of these joining were band wagon hoppers and have since lost interest
3) Conspiracy theory wackjobs dirtying the place up, leading to many getting fed up
4) A complete lack of respect for other members
5) DRAMA. Seriously, some of you need to chill out.

Secondly, Are you guys FOR REAL

My post was referring to the fact that I have found it very difficult to come to terms with the loss of someone I loved, even nearly two years on. At the time I sought comfort here and received it... however, I found to deal with my grief Ive had to turn away from anything and anyone associated with him. I like to think that late 2009-early 2010 I was atleast some support to some members here and wanted to aplogise for just dropping off the radar.

At no point, was I referring to conspiracy bull-ish. Do you know what? I couldnt give a CR*P about sony bull-ish, or estate stuff. I really couldnt care less about any of it. Do you know why? Because it doesnt matter. So what? To me, it looks You guys have become so consumed with your hatred against sony etc that you have forgotten your LOVE for everything else. So what if Sony have released a crap CD or someone else has sung on it? there is no proof, so what is ranting and raving and p1ssing other people off on forums going to do? I mean, FFS, you turned my post about grieving the loss of a great man into an argument about CRAP. I respect you feel passionatly about it... but keep it amongst yourselves, dont ruin everyone elses day. do something productive about it... Annoying people isnt going to get them to agree with you. And by this I DONT mean removing your freedom of speach... I mean show some respect for other people... How would you like it if pushed my way into your home and started spitting on your furniture because I disagree with the UN decision on Libya? Its the same damn thing - its destructive and counter-productive to your cause.

Ultimately, it wont be Michaels post 2009 music that becomes his legacy, its REALLY NOT. Its his love and his humanitarian efforts, and with that Its his community. Its YOU GUYS.

In ten years time, the world wont care about sh1tty sony releases. What they will care about is the difference his life made to this world. If you really want to protect his legacy, go volunteer at an orphanage, do something for charity, hug a stranger, raise your children right... Give your old clothes to oxfam! ANYTHING that exudes the spirit of Michael. Give up this aggressive and negative attitude towards everything michael related. Stop turning everything into an argument about 'fake' tracks. Stop HATING each other.

Lastly, if you get upset by other people's opinions on discussion forums, remember, It's the Internet, not ball cancer.

Last edited:
D.Electric - sending you hugs and support. I guess each of us takes a different approach on grieving. You handled it by staying away and are now dipping your toe back in the water. That is so hard to do for you because you distanced yourself initially but now coming back brings the reality home to you again. I hope this is coming across the right way - I just want you to know that fellow fans care and understand. Please continue to get back into the water even if it takes some time. With love.

I'm forever logged on here a visting threads, but rarely post because there is so much negativity going on, personally I wish some of the threads on here were dead and buried.

We should be celebrating Michael Jacksons legacy and celebrating who he was and what he achieved in his lifetime, and what we should do is carry that message along for generations to come but yet all some people seem to be doing is focusing on material from an album, one album that is in the line of many others!

@ D. Electric I share your views, feel free to PM me at anytime if you want to, I will get back to you :)
This goes for any MJ fans on here, We should be united at this time not arguing constantly about decisions that are (in most cases) out of our hands :)

Without meaning to sound like I am being cruel I do not think threads like this help the drama. Why post to tell everyone you are not going to be here? If you are not going to be here then why not just back out quietly no need to cause such a stir. I would not have said any of this if it had not been for the fact that the person who made the thread obviously has not actually left at all being that he/she was posting again within hours of his/her departure so was obviously checking for responses to their opening post. Having said that I do agree with him/her that there is no need to get so upset about what goes on on the internet and the ball cancer comment summed that up good.

I just wanted to say that I think it may be a large assumption that many '2009 joiners' were /are bandwagon hoppers. When I joined in 2009, I recall that the banner read something along the lines of 'always in our hearts'. My heart sank a bit when that banner went, and sometimes it has felt a bit like a war zone on here.
I guess we have a choice between growing a 'rhinoceros skin' or staying away...but it doesn't mean that support for Michael is any the less.

I'm sorry that people feel this way, I really am. It hurts to see how people have been affected by this all, and the negativity that seems to be driving people away. We have places like Max Jax on hiatus, everywhere is experiencing a loss of traffic-when Michael passed it went into overload, now the numbers are getting what they were before he passed.

Like you Danni I have really struggled to come to terms with Michael's passing-two years later I still haven't come to terms with it and I miss him more than anyone can ever know. We have more that unites us than divides us-its our love for Michael that is the main factor that should keep us all on the same page. As you said its us that will keep the legacy of Michael alive-not allegedly fake vocals, Sony, whatever. It starts with us. If we, the fans, desert in droves because if the arguing, what hope is left?

You know...I rarely come to MJJC too after that album release because members were hating so bad that I was afraid to say my opinion. I'm a very sensitive person and after Michael's death my tolerance has become much lower! I've gotten several nasty comment on here without even provoking. And I've seen many receive the same for nothing. Slowly I realized I feel better talking to fans through twitter since you can choose who you want to talk to and there are sooooo many on there! This is not the end of the community, it's just moving around.

You can't blame people for being angry..............and I'll give 4 reasons........

1.) Murder.....need I say more........the upcoming trial might also further reduce traffic to MJ websites because it upsets people and some will just want to get away from it.....

2.) Milking MJ fans.....The Jackson Family, few of Michael's "friends"..........real family/friends don't sell out loved ones for cash...............The estate aren't much better..........the amount of MJ merchandise that has been released since 25/06/09 is ridiculous.........

3.) Complete Stupidity.........that is the decision to release Cascio songs.........and then refuse cough up any of their evidence that "proves" their authenticity............thus greatly reducing the sales of Michael's new album.........and to make matters worse.......the album got almost no promotion........

4.) The Jackson Family..........Just look at the "2300 Jackson Street" forum......even the Estate is getting pissed off when they use Michael's image to fill their pockets.....

And one more reason I personally get angry is that Michael got spat at and insulted by so many when he was alive.................and now he's dead, it's "cool" to be an MJ fan again..........most celebrities would never dare to even mention his name after 2003........

Back