Can someone be racist and an MJ fan at the same time?

They do not suppose to be a MJ fan if they are racist.. Michael won't his fan be racist :(

It makes me angry.

I’m sorry to tell you this but Michael Jackson fans are not a copy of him. unfortunately I see many bigotry not only against blacks but also against gays (saw this on this board and another one), Jews (you can see on YT videos), Muslims like some mentioned here, also against white people and the list goes on.. so I don’t know why you all surprised? I see disrespect and intolerance all time everywhere. MJ has millions fans around the world.. do you really believe they all think and act like Michael? I don’t think so. And those who try their best to be like him should be proud of themselves. MJ is one of a kind who can truly see NO difference between all human beings, I never seen anyone like him before.. we need more people like him in our world

Eh... I suppose, although they wouldn't be very well-informed Michael Jackson fans if they said hurtful remarks about black people and didn't realize that Michael is a black man. Vitiligo wasn't his fault and, as far as I'm concerned, he was ALWAYS a beautiful, handsome black man.

As far as people crying "racism" for no good reason, this may be true in some cases, but that doesn't give anyone the right to make generalized statements, especially after history stands as witness to some of the most horrendous exhibits of racism and racial violence (against all races, to be fair, but I would be a complete fool if I didn't state that people of non-white backgrounds are the most frequent targets).

If the poster of the comments cited by the OP considers himself an MJ fan, I daresay he's completely missing the point of Michael's message and music. I recommend he gives it another listen so that the message becomes clear. :p

As an aside to the person who said that Neo-Nazis like reggae and ska music, I wouldn't find that too difficult to believe at all. Their official "bands" (i.e. Prussian Blue) are absolutely horrible (to say the least), and I'm not even talking about the message or the lyrics! The music they make just sucks. Of course they would have to resort to "making exceptions" to their precious little beliefs, lest their ears bleed until they become deaf as a result of exposure to awful music lol.

In any case, Michael's music is the best music there is! ;)

As an aside to the person who said that Neo-Nazis like reggae and ska music, I wouldn't find that too difficult to believe at all. Their official "bands" (i.e. Prussian Blue) are absolutely horrible (to say the least), and I'm not even talking about the message or the lyrics! The music they make just sucks. Of course they would have to resort to "making exceptions" to their precious little beliefs, lest their ears bleed until they become deaf as a result of exposure to awful music lol.
What does this have to do with anything? The point is that most reggae artists are black. Neo-Nazi's are White Supremacists, so it's ironic that they like music by people they hate and consider inferior. Whether or not you like the music has nothing to with it.

But nobody in the mainstream cared about Mike when he was a "R&B" act. He and the Jacksons/J5 were featured mainly in black magazines like Ebony, Right On!, Jet, etc. They were rarely in the mainstream magazines like Rolling Stone or People. MTV ignored Mike's videos until CBS Records threatened to remove their other white acts like Bruce Springsteen & Journey. If you look at the Triumph tour, the audience was mostly black, but at the Victory tour after Mike "crossed over", the audience was more white. That's when everything started to go downhill.

yeah..i know. i said MJ made the difference..not the powers that be, that featured him as an artist.

I talked to a MJ fan. She is nationalism and racist. I told her I am muslim and she asked me like this way: "You are muslim ... ? O_O"

What does this have to do with anything? The point is that most reggae artists are black. Neo-Nazi's are White Supremacists, so it's ironic that they like music by people they hate and consider inferior. Whether or not you like the music has nothing to with it.

Oh dear, I missed your reply by a lot. I was actually making fun of them and further supporting your point.

Back