CBS /60 Minutes' Tours Michael Jackson's Estate Warehouse Sunday, May 19 at 7 p.m. ET/PT CBS

i dont understand why she was allowed to touch all this items, especially the glove and the letter, without clean gloves?

I was thinking the same thing!! You can tell by the archivist's face that she didn't want her to touch the glove, then the lady from the Cirque show clearly didn't want her to touch some of the stuff like the wigs and actually get on the skateboard..

Did you guys read the post where mr. Julien from Juliens auctions said its no big deal? It got me frustrated first too but as long as its not something totally inappropriate like wearing it. Id slap that **** if I was standing next to her :lol:

I was thinking the same thing!! You can tell by the archivist's face that she didn't want her to touch the glove, then the lady from the Cirque show clearly didn't want her to touch some of the stuff like the wigs and actually get on the skateboard..

Why did she have to try and touch things like that, and make it all about her... annoying stupid journalist...

And why didn't they show more from the Warehouse... ?

The way she talked about the allegations all the times was annoying too.... B****

I find it fascinating that she seems so disgusted by Michael, yet she was like a giddy little school girl touching all of that stuff. I dunno, if someone repulsed me, I wouldn't have any interest in their belongings.

I think they could have at least tried to put that debt in context. He didn't spend half a billion dollars on stuff for himself to fill up those warehouses. There was a significant amount put down to expand his catalogue as well as generously helping many people.

He may never have stopped spending money like in the 80s as the news piece said, but he also never stopped giving to others either. It just would have been nice if someone pointed it out to that willfully ignorant reporter.

Exactly. This is an important point, and you would think 60 minutes would be more scholarly about that. This guy also says the same thing all the time, about over spending of the 80's. He is writing a book, so I hope his facts are in context.

About Branca: I get the feeling that he does not want to entertain any ideas about the allegations or promote it as though it has any importance for the legacy. Maybe he feels if he gives these indifferent responses reporters would not be able to salivate or get a "high" from his responses, & then stop asking him about it. I was thinking it is the person's response that drives the reporter on to prolong the issue, so if you are not giving them what they want, they fumble, and you see how she was not able to go anywhere with that issue & moved on to something else--all because Branca did not take the bait.

After Branca said that sales of tickets are phenomenal & then the woman asked about the fans if they are not considering the allegations or something like that, I felt he should say something like:

"Many of the fans are getting the transcripts which show the facts of the allegations & that Michael was innocent. They are sharing them with each other; many fans see the allegations as extortion attempts. Also, fans make a distinction between the traditional meaning of "sharing a bed" and the meaning promoted in the tabloids."

However, I think he does not want to give any power to the allegations, so he is low key about it. I loved when he said he does not pay attention to tabloids, although she hit back with what Michael said to Bradley.

Guys we need to find the exact words Michael used, because these reporters have rephrased what Michael said to make it more sinister.

American people and journalists have a thing for the USA as the whole world, like anything outside the USA means nothing and its irrelevant - because its not American..., but there are 4 other continents, especially Europe and Asia with 4 billion people potential.

the Dangerous tour (eventhough it ended infamously, for a reason, and the album) was a huge global succees, the HIStory tour is one of the largest in history of music biz, HIStory album is the best selling double album + BOTDF album, that was the 90s and hundreds of millions in earnings = 2 mega successful albums, 2 mega successful world tours.

American media and reporters subjectively report about the 80s as the peak of MJs career or that only that era matters and is relevant for MJ. Yes, MJ was controversial, but able to attract fans and people in the 90s and during the new millenium aka This Is It - that was the peak after all these years of humiliation.

Michael Jackson was just inactive, not radioactive

I am always pissed off of these reports from American media!
Thank you so much, I don't know why nobody has paid more attention to this post but American media (US media I should say, since the US isn't all of the American continent..) has always put Michael as a weird, creepy dude that used to be a cute lil' boy as a part of the J5 and used to make good music IN THE 80's and that's about it. They always talk about Thriller, Billie Jean etc.. and that's that to them, what? the man was a genius who is more than those songs and 1 single album! wake up... I now understand TDCAU more than ever, especially when he says " They're throwing me in a class with a bad name/ I can't believe this is the land from which I came" yes, his own motherland treats him like a criminal/has been and us, the rest of the world, recognize his true value... how f*cking sad. Anyway, thanks for this post, I couldn't agree more.

I find it fascinating that she seems so disgusted by Michael, yet she was like a giddy little school girl touching all of that stuff. I dunno, if someone repulsed me, I wouldn't have any interest in their belongings.
After watching the video again, I'm now extremely upset at the fact she was even allowed to touch all these priceless belongings with her dirty bare hands... that b*tch didn't deserve to even come close those items. I AM very disgusted by her.

If she is into trash and tabloid she should work for TMZ. It's clear she wasn't interested in doing an objective story.

Jamba you need to put your blooper comments under the comment section of the 60 minute segment on the internet.

On another topic, I don't think that Branca was acting as though the interview with Bradley did not exist ^^. He claimed he is not aware of it, which could be true. I have never seen than interview either. I have a feeling that Branca is keeping his mind on the positive so that he could plan great deals. If he thinks about the allegations and look up or listen to all the allegation talk, he will be affected by the media's idea that no one is interested in Michael due to the allegations. So by keeping himself away from that crap, he gets to think of great "possibilities."

True, the 80's could not be his only heyday if he sold out all these shows in 09.

On another topic, I don't think that Branca was acting as though the interview with Bradley did not exist ^^. He claimed he is not aware of it, which could be true.

That's next to impossible. That interview was on "60 minutes" - so we'd have to imply that the estate went to a TV show being completely ignorant of this TV show's history with MJ. That's very unlikely. Judging by their past actions, they chose everyone they work with very carefully and double-check their past. Plus I'm sure they are aware of every public appearance MJ ever made on TV. Plus that interview was one of the most sensational. That's why his denial sounded so unconvincing.

Does any australian fans know if it will be shown here on our 60 mintues show?

Full MJ 1979 Manifesto:

"MJ will be my new name.
No more Michael Jackson.
I want a whole new character, a whole new look.
I should be a tottally [sic] different person.
People should never think of me as the kid who sang "ABC," [or] "I Want You Back."
I should be a new, incredible actor/singer/dancer that will shock the world.
I will do no interviews.
I will be magic.
I will be a perfectionist, a researcher, a trainer, a masterer [sic].
I will be better than every great actor roped in one
I "must" have the most incredible training system.
To dig and dig and dig until I find.
I will study and look back on the whole world of entertainment and perfect it.
Take it steps further from where the greats left off."

Michael Jackson, 1979

969823_10151475500092333_660854387_n.jpg

Finally got around to watching it. First five minutes were...eww. Don't like that woman at all. The rest of it was ok. I too wanted to see more of Michael's stuff. We've seen the glove, shoes and jacket plenty of times. What else does he have? :) And wow he amassed a huge amount of items! It's one thing to hear about it, but another to see it :bugeyed I'd love to have the person's job who gets to sort through it.

About Branca: I get the feeling that he does not want to entertain any ideas about the allegations or promote it as though it has any importance for the legacy. Maybe he feels if he gives these indifferent responses reporters would not be able to salivate or get a "high" from his responses, & then stop asking him about it. I was thinking it is the person's response that drives the reporter on to prolong the issue, so if you are not giving them what they want, they fumble, and you see how she was not able to go anywhere with that issue & moved on to something else--all because Branca did not take the bait.

I agree with your assesment.
I'm glad Branca responded they way he did. This interview could have ended or viewed differently if Branca had allowed this woman to take certain route to her questions. The whole interview could have ended Branca telling her that Michael wasn't what she thinks he is, and this woman could have spend ages trying to get her biased views cross to viewers.
Branca's short answers didn't leave any room for her to pursue her views, and that was good.

There is a time and place trying to clear Michael's name, this wasn't it.

Thank you to everyone who posted the clips and the images. like a few of you said, the reporter was very annoying and narrow minded. And I'm not happy that she found it acceptable to touch those priceless items with her bare hands! But what a relief to see all of Michael's priceless items are being looked after.
And what an amazing job Karen langford has. I'm just a little bit jealous! Lol

That's next to impossible. That interview was on "60 minutes" - so we'd have to imply that the estate went to a TV show being completely ignorant of this TV show's history with MJ. That's very unlikely. Judging by their past actions, they chose everyone they work with very carefully and double-check their past. Plus I'm sure they are aware of every public appearance MJ ever made on TV. Plus that interview was one of the most sensational. That's why his denial sounded so unconvincing.

Let me post something

"On December 25, 2003, Michael Jackson did an interview with Ed Bradley on 60 Minutes, to deny the molestation charges against him. There was a lot of drama that ensued over this interview. CBS refused to air the special "Michael Jackson's Number Ones" until there was a public denial of the charges by Jackson. This was when an offer was made to CBS to do an interview with Ed Bradley. Dieter Wiesner took the credit for contacting and making the deal with 60 minutes, but an MTV article dated January 4, 2004, states that "lawyer John Branca and...Charles Koppelman negotiated the interview with CBS in exchange for the network putting Jackson's 'Michael Jackson's Number Ones' back on its programming schedule." Roger Friedman's article dated December 31, 2003, states that the Bradley interview emanated from MJ's advisors, John Branca and Charles Koppelman. Part 1 of the 60 minutes video can be seen below. There are several parts to the interview, part 2,part 3 and the transcript. Although it breaks my heart to hear Michael talk about this ordeal, it was imperative that Michael's side of the story was heard. According to several sources, John Branca negotiated this deal with CBS, in late 2003. "

http://mjandjustice4some.blogspot.com/2010/07/john-branca-2003-2006.html

2 media sources (MTV and Friedman) credited John Branca with negotiating 60 Minutes interview with Ed Bradley. It's safe to assume he was very much aware of that interview and denied any knowledge because he did not want to entertain that question. Don't forget he's a lawyer, "don't know" and "can't remember" are totally acceptable answers in a lawyers world.

dO YOU HAVE LINK FOR DOWNLOAD PLEASE THIS REPORT BECAUSE WHEN I gO IN CHANNEL Cbs,have just other report broadcast sunday and just two videos little duration from report with michael

I think this woman, the reporter, didn’t really understand what chance she had.

With all the information the Estate was willing to give the interview could be special and heartbreaking.

This lady has done absolutely awful job!

Michael Jackson, Prince top Sunday ratings

By Hal BoedekerStaff writer8:49 a.m. EDT, May 20, 2013

350x525

Prince performs Sunday at the Billboard Music Awards. (Michael Simon /
Startraks Photo via ABC / May 19, 2013
)

Two music legends helped put two very different shows at the top of Sunday's ratings locally and nationally.
A segment on Michael Jackson's property brought viewers to CBS' "60 Minutes"regular edition, which had 175,700 viewers in Central Florida.

Prince's performance at the Billboard Music Awards was a big winner for ABC with 140,100 viewers. The program also featured performances byNicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez,Bruno Mars, Selena Gomezand Taylor Swift. Who knew that Swift could give a better acceptance speech than Madonna?

A second hour of "60 Minutes," which aired at 8 p.m., was third with 102,700 viewers.
Rounding out the top five were Discovery Channel's "North America" with 83,000 viewers and "America's Funniest Home Videos" on ABC with 69,000. Next in the rankings were the finale of NBC's "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" with 62,600 viewers and Tim McGraw's CBS special with 56,500. By the way, Trace Adkins won "Celebrity Apprentice."

The top programs in the 18-to-49 age group were the Billboard Music Awards, Fox's "Family Guy," Fox's "The Simpsons," "North America" and the 7 p.m. hour of "60 Minutes."

Also of note: "Game of Thrones" had 44,200 viewers on HBO, and "Mad Men" on AMC had 30,300. The strange episode of "Mad Men" seemed like something out of "The Twilight Zone"as the ad agency staff reacted strangely to shots administered by a physician.

In national ratings, the first hour of "60 Minutes" drew 10.4 million viewers, and the second had 8.5 million. The Billboard Music Awards averaged 9.5 million viewers for ABC. The awards were easily the night's biggest show with young adults.
ABC won the night in total viewers and young adults. The prime-time averages in total viewers: ABC with 8.9 million, CBS with 7.8 million, NBC and Fox with 3.9 million apiece.

Other programs of note: the "Simpsons" season finale with 4.2 million viewers, the "Family Guy" season finale with 5.2 million, the "Celebrity Apprentice" finale with 5.3 million and the Tim McGraw special with 6.2 million.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ente...e-lead-sunday-ratings-20130520,0,4959175.post

eat that billboard. michael jackson is the KING. ha! :clap:

.... t but American media (US media I should say, since the US isn't all of the American continent..) has always put Michael as a weird, creepy dude that used to be a cute lil' boy as a part of the J5 and used to make good music IN THE 80's and that's about it. They always talk about Thriller, Billie Jean etc.. and that's that to them, what?

Anyway, thanks for this post, I couldn't agree more.

You are right, next time I will use - the US media.
I am from Slovakia, and MJ is played on radio stations more!!! than ever before, TDCAU, Earth Song are among the most played songs, during the HIStory era almost ignored.
An attitude towards MJ really changed in 2009 in Slovakia (seriously, find Slovakia on the google map!), we had several tribute shows and performances on tvs, mag specials like BRAVO, it was "amazing"...

So... the US area is not the whole world. MJ is admired and there are many countries like Slovakia (that acknowledge his importance and influence) that most (99%) US citizens dont have a notion about...

I think they could have at least tried to put that debt in context. He didn't spend half a billion dollars on stuff for himself to fill up those warehouses. There was a significant amount put down to expand his catalogue as well as generously helping many people.

He may never have stopped spending money like in the 80s as the news piece said, but he also never stopped giving to others either. It just would have been nice if someone pointed it out to that willfully ignorant reporter.

Exactly. Michael didnt have villas, palaces and all the luxurious cribs like those seen on MTV filled up with fake stuff, no jets, ... he did not have - cash!
He as an co-owner of Sony/ATV imo, had to participated in investments into buying music catalogs, thata why Sony/ATV is now the largerst music publishing company.

The question is - what did he spend his money on? ... that he had such a huge debt...

Most journalists only report about shoping sprees based on the bashir doc where MJ was buying the antique, which was only a pose.

If there are many so called celebs and stars like The Kardashians, the Beckhams... or Diddy... spending millions and millions, nobody cares, but they are boasting their assets and money, Michael never did. But the media and journalists only see the 500 million debt, and nobody asks what for!?

The question is - what did he spend his money on? ... that he had such a huge debt...

I guess interest rates on loans were a big part of his debt.

If he had such amount of debt, wouldn't he have been arrested due to tax evasion?

I don't think Michael had the debt media says, honestly.

Last edited:

Oh I see Ivy gave a response about the interview.

How does Prince feel about Michael bringing in more viewers. They left Prince for last so people will continue looking at the program.

Last edited:
Lara Logan brought up the earlier "60 Minutes" Interview Michael Jackson did with Ed Bradley, where Michael Jackson speaks of sharing his bed with other's.

If Lara Logan had done her research, she would've realized Michael Jackson shared a tiny bed for 10 year's with one of his brother's, in Gary, Indiana. This is how poor the family was. Michael had a two story Master Suite at "Neverland." It was 2 bedrooms, upstairs and downstairs. It was beautiful, both bedrooms. This is why Michael Jackson talked about how loving it is to share your bed with another, a poor child. His bedrooms, his Master Suite, were pretty opulent compared to Michael Jackson's humble beginnings and he had to share his bed back in Gary, Indiana with another child and all Michael Jackson wanted to do was to share something so beautiful with those less fortunate and now we get to listen to Lara Logan beat a dead horse!

Sycamore21.jpg

In the master bedroom, white linen covered the walls, and the fireplace had a white-painted mantel and columns and blue-and-white Portuguese tiles. The mahogany four-poster bed was made for the house.

I only just got round to watching this and I only lasted about 7 minutes.

Crippled public image? Try selling out 50 concerts in minutes with a 'crippled' public image.

And so what if Michael Jackson never toured the US after the child abuse allegations? What, if you don't tour the US you can't make money? And what, Americans are the only people with a conscience? Give me strength. And no endorsement deals post '93? Not sure that's correct either. Ignorant, badly researched and pushing an editorial agenda. Garbage.

I only just got round to watching this and I only lasted about 7 minutes.

Crippled public image? Try selling out 50 concerts in minutes with a 'crippled' public image.

And so what if Michael Jackson never toured the US after the child abuse allegations? What, if you don't tour the US you can't make money? And what, Americans are the only people with a conscience? Give me strength. And no endorsement deals post '93? Not sure that's correct either. Ignorant, badly researched and pushing an editorial agenda. Garbage.

^^The usual let's turn any Michael coverage into our "own narrow agenda" syndrome. It was so good to see Branca not giving her ammunition to prolong her point of view.

Are there any comments under that coverage on the website?

I'm not sure how that person got the job...she's like one of the Stepford Wives, zero charisma.

Back