Children who were Michael's friends

barbee0715;4150879 said:
Guess we can strike Sean Lennon off the list as of today. Really ashamed of him.

I had to look up what you are talking about.

So that others know as well: apparently he made a song about Bubbles which is mocking MJ.

All Songs +1: Sean Lennon's Surreal Ode To Michael Jackson's Pet Chimp, Bubbles

June 3, 20161:08 PM ET

Sean Lennon's latest collaboration is with Primus bassist and lead singer Les Claypool. They're calling themselves the Claypool Lennon Delirium, and their new album is a collection of trippy, psychedelic space jams called The Monolith Of Phobos (a reference to a large rock discovered on Phobos, a moon orbiting Mars).

Most of the songs are celestial meditations with surreal lyrics about space exploration or drugs. But one track, "Bubbles Burst," offers a more personal reflection from Lennon about his memories of Michael Jackson's pet chimpanzee, Bubbles. Lennon and Jackson were friends and, as a child in the mid-1980s, Lennon would hang out with Bubbles at Jackson's Neverland ranch.
The song itself is a plainspoken description of how Jackson acquired Bubbles and what it was like living at Neverland. But a new video for "Bubbles Burst" adds an unsettling twist, portraying Jackson as grotesque and demented.
For this week's +1 podcast, I spoke with Lennon about how he came to write "Bubbles Burst" and how he wants people to feel when they see the video. You can see the video and hear the entire conversation using the orange play button above. You can also read edited highlights of the conversation below.

$s On The Video's Intention

"I think it's important that even if people don't believe me or are angry about the way Michael [Jackson] is portrayed in the video, that the truth is my intention is very sincere and harmless, and I'm just making a song. I'm not trying to take him out or anything, or put him down. I was just trying to have fun and talk about an odd situation in a way that makes it art. It's like a parallel dimension, and it's a dark, comedic manifestation that comes more out of the song and not out of real life. It's like a reflection of a reflection. As a visual poem, I think it represents something real: [Michael] was very lonely and he was weird and had weird interests. And he was in this kind of Peter Pan universe — this bubble he'd created for himself. And there's something dark about that. There's something sad about that."
On Meeting Bubbles

"I met Bubbles at Michael's house. It felt like I was in Charlie And The Chocolate Factory or something going up to that house. There were Model-T Fords driving around and re-creations of old streets. It just felt very surreal and fun. And I think I met [Bubbles] in an arcade. At least I say that in the song. There was a big arcade with video games, and that's where a lot of the people my age liked to hang out. I remember running into Bubbles there. And I'd say we became friends because I wanted to hang out with him a lot. It was just surreal."
On Why He Wrote This Song

"I was telling Les [Claypool] about it, and we were talking about song topics, and it just seemed like it fit in with the theme of trippy narratives that our record has. And I thought it'd be interesting to write about something that actually happened. It just felt right. I think I'd resisted much of my life talking about those kinds of stories, because they just seemed so hard to figure out how to translate them or relate them. And I just thought it was an interesting metaphor for what happened to a lot of Michael's friends who were my age. It felt like there was something odd going on, and I still don't know what it was. Nothing ever happened with me in an illegal way, but the whole place just felt like I was in some Peter Pan fantasy land. And there was a sense that when Bubbles got too old, he'd have to be gotten rid of, because chimpanzees turn into angry adults or dangerous adults. And it just felt like that was something I could relate to in terms of the whole situation out there. Because there was something Michael liked about hanging out with kids, because they're so innocent and fun. Then, when you become an adult, it felt like you were a chimpanzee: too old to play with anymore."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxH8Bc0cHok

[video=youtube;nxH8Bc0cHok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxH8Bc0cHok[/video]

I guess he was trying to be "artistic" but this is just stupid.

He's trying to cover his attention seeking with the lame excuse of 'this is just art'. Horrible music which sounds a lot like what his father did in his later years. :stink:
He's not bringing anything new with this false interpretation of MJ, he's only repeating what's been said by the mainstream media numerous times before - what's so artistic about that? It's not much different from what Eminem did with his video 12 years ago.

I wouldn't cross Sean of the list yet but he did lose the respect I had for him.

Hes not trying to make fun of him or bring him down..Sure Sean, try again. So he considers mocking another person as art? No thanks.

Hes not trying to make fun of him or bring him down..Sure Sean, try again. So he considers mocking another person as art? No thanks.

Are you sure he is not mocking Little Richard? That dude in the video looks just like him.
I understand what Sean tried to communicate with this but he failed miserably.
I like the song I hate the video it reminds my of Eraserhead

Little Richard?
He admitted in the interview it was about MJ and because its obviously MJ in the video, Neverland and all. Anyway think I'll leave this alone now, don't want to give him anymore attention.

Are you sure he is not mocking Little Richard? That dude in the video looks just like him.
I understand what Sean tried to communicate with this but he failed miserably.
I like the song I hate the video it reminds my of Eraserhead
Yeah, Little Richard also adopted a chimp in 83 and wore a sequined glove and had a place like Neverland with a train station with a DA standing on the roof.

Little Richard?
He admitted in the interview it was about MJ and because its obviously MJ in the video, Neverland and all. Anyway think I'll leave this alone now, don't want to give him anymore attention.

Yeah, Little Richard also adopted a chimp in 83 and wore a sequined glove and had a place like Neverland with a train station with a DA standing on the roof.

It was sarcasm. I know it is about MJ and Bubbles.
It's just the dude in the video looks like Little Richard not MJ. And with two white gloves, that is.

Well Sean said he didn't want to insult him, the guy is a little bit out there if he thinks
this is not an insult.

It was sarcasm. The dude in the video looks like Little Richard not MJ.
I know it was about MJ and Bubbles well Sean said he didn't want to insult him, the guy is a little bit out there if he thinks
this is not an insult.
Oh, thank goodness. Thank you. I saw this yesterday when it first posted, and just wrote something on YouTube then-I see a ton of people have joined my sentiment.

That video is so messed up, as are his words.

I'm so disappointed in him.

Why would he need or want to do this?

He wants to talk about weird - look at his parents. Imagine if MJ had done an album cover fully front on naked with Lisa Marie the way John and Yoko did.

It makes me so sad to see him lapping up any attention from it. He made MJ look perverse and messed up.

There's a lot I could say about Sean and that video. The unfortunate part is most of those words would end up being starred out. He says people are dumb for disliking the video and 'making fun of everything is important to me'.

When will see a video of him making fun of his Father's death? Heck, why not go all the way and have somebody pose as Mark Chapman?

I don't see it happening anytime soon. Despite 'making fun of everything is important'.

Last edited:
Apparently he is now banning MJ fans and says they are dumb and retarded. Someone tried to reflect on his hypocrisy by asking him if making fun of everything is important to him why then he is so upset about people shipping Lennon and McCartney (shipping=writing homoerotic fan fiction about them) and he banned that person. So it is OK to make fun of others, but not of people who are close to his heart? LOL @ the hypocrisy.

Definitely cross him off the friend's list. A friend he is not.

Had Michael Jackson owned a chimp, and had one hit song... does anybody think Sean would of made a video? He's used MJ for attention.

Edit: He's also talking down to fans. He really is an odious pr1ck.

Cause his father and mother weren't odd? :p

(Yes, this is an album they made together.)

Definitely cross him off the friend's list. A friend he is not.

Had Michael Jackson owned a chimp, and had one hit song... does anybody think Sean would of made a video? He's used MJ for attention.

Edit: He's also talking down to fans. He really is an odious pr1ck.

Sean Lennon has always been a pr!ck. He's all the attention he wanted and now he can't handle it. Pu$$y

Sean has retweeted MJFacts thanking him. All the words I have to say would be starred out.

He is retweeting basically everyone who supports him and since MJFacts posted a supportive tweet of him he retweeted that too. I don't think he even knows what that site stands for. I think at this point fans should just leave this alone and not bring any more attention to it. Especially not bring more attention to that MJFacts retweet and not flip out about it, because that will only bring more attention to that website. At this point it's just another retweet of many similar ones.

Clipboard02.jpg

^ I am sure he has no idea what their other claims are. His video is unfavorable but lets not make him a huge hater now.

I should of thought before posting about it. I most likely took it the wrong way.

Sean has retweeted MJFacts thanking him. All the words I have to say would be starred out.

He retweets anyone and everyone who supports him and you can bet he really believed MJFacts supported his video
as art and didn't have a clue what they are all about.

You have to put this video in context.
Sean said in the PBS interview that he thinks creepy is fun.
He said he doesn't care about offending people especially his friends!
He very clearly loves odd, surreal, crazy shit just listen to his album.
So in light of that I'm pretty sure he had no ulterior motives, I myself love surreal crazy stuff like David Lynch and Salvador Dali and Ken Russell
and if I had the philosophy as Sean that "people need to get over this obsession with I'm hurt" probably I would be making
creepy insulting videos about my friends, too.

The very idea that Sean would be making a song and video about Bubbles if he had wanted to suggest that something
horrible happened while he hung out with Bubbles in Neverland (i.e. hung out with MJ too) is absurd.
And he wouldn't have tweeted this if he had wanted to send some hidden message about MJ's sinister agenda:

sean3.jpg

He also said these:

"I think it's important that even if people don't believe me or are angry about the way Michael [Jackson] is portrayed in the video, that the truth is my intention is very sincere and harmless, and I'm just making a song. I'm not trying to take him out or anything, or put him down.

Nothing ever happened with me in an illegal way, but the whole place just felt like I was in some Peter Pan fantasy land.

Because there was something Michael liked about hanging out with kids, because they're so innocent and fun.

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsong...eal-ode-to-michael-jacksons-pet-chimp-bubbles

He also said that he loves Michael (along with Eminem and Stevie Wonder)

sean.jpg

So what's actually hilarious is that Sean, once again, contradicted the haters big time but they are so desperate to find anything
against MJ, not having any real proof, that they again cherrypick evidence they like and ignore evidence they don't like.
It's their classic tactic.

He retweets anyone and everyone who supports him and you can bet he really believed MJFacts supported his video
as art and didn't have a clue what they are all about.

You have to put this video in context.
Sean said in the PBS interview that he thinks creepy is fun.
He said he doesn't care about offending people especially his friends!
He very clearly loves odd, surreal, crazy shit just listen to his album.
So in light of that I'm pretty sure he had no ulterior motives, I myself love surreal crazy stuff like David Lynch and Salvador Dali and Ken Russell
and if I had the philosophy as Sean that "people need to get over this obsession with I'm hurt" probably I would be making
creepy insulting videos about my friends, too.

The very idea that Sean would be making a song and video about Bubbles if he had wanted to suggest that something
horrible happened while he hung out with Bubbles in Neverland (i.e. hung out with MJ too) is absurd.
And he wouldn't have tweeted this if he had wanted to send some hidden message about MJ's sinister agenda:

sean3.jpg

He also said these:

He also said that he loves Michael (along with Eminem and Stevie Wonder)

sean.jpg

So what's actually hilarious is that Sean, once again, contradicted the haters big time but they are so desperate to find anything
against MJ, not having any real proof, that they again cherrypick evidence they like and ignore evidence they don't like.
It's their classic tactic.

Yeah, I read too far into it in hindsight.

@respect-I forgot to tell you thank you for posting the video and Sean's explanation the other day. I happened on this late at night and I was so upset that all I could do was write "I'm ashamed of you" on YouTube and went to bed.

I guess since I was one of the first to say something, my phone blew up all night with remarks and one said Sean did the animator (claymation portion) a disservice. And I couldn't sleep so I wrote "the animator is fairly talented and that's the best I can say about this vid".
Next thing I know the animator, Webster Colcord, is writing thank you, he's a huge Michael fan, and he originally worked on Speed Demon and the California Raisin commercial!! He also said the only sinister thing he did was put Tom Sneddon on the roof and no one had noticed.
I was pretty shocked so I told him that part with Sneddon and the train station was well done with the little throne and he wrote me that he thought it was the main house-didn't realize that it was the train station. :(

Anyway, I've read some of these comments on Sean's FB page and he specifically says Michael wasn't a pedophile. He also says you get discarded when you grow up. He seems to think Michael really was Peter Pan and everything was fun and games til you age out. And he's sad about it.
He doesn't seem to realize that although it was great fun, it was also temporary-that most of the time Michael was constantly working. He had other things to do. Reminds me of my nephews when they would spend the weekends with me-we had a great time, but I could take them home and get back to work. It was part time escapism for me and them. We quit having sleepovers when they got too old for it. All kids do.

He seems to stress this Peter Pan thing and how sad that is, but it's sad for Sean. It's sad like when kids realize Santa is not real.

I think fans are making a bigger hoopla out of it than necessary. Yes, it is a disappointment and I wish too he would not joke with things that some ill intentioned people can easily misinterpret. I also doubt he would be as light hearted about certain kind of jokes about his father. But he said MJ didn't do anything illegal to him and at the end of the day he is insignificant. Just to put things into a perspective: he has 204,000 followers on Twitter and he makes music, releases albums etc. In comparation Paris Jackson has 1.23 million followers and she is just MJ's daughter. So I wonder if anyone would even care to report about this if MJ fans weren't upset.

Just like with that idiotic Bubbles movie plan, I wonder if some poeple now deliberately do things to upset the MJ fandom because they know MJ fans are emotional and that it would create some kind of attention and buzz. I wonder if Sean has ever got as much reaction to anything he has ever done. LOL.

Yeah, he's gained a lot of media attention from the MJ song. And yeah, he's not that popular really.

One person asked him if he would be touring in the UK and he said words to the effect of he'd love to, but doesn't have enough fans here.

What a shame. I'm sure he could perform in pubs on a Friday night.

Glad I'm not on Twitter, otherwise my meltdown I had earlier would of given him an extra three fans.

This video may explain why Noel Fielding did such a thing.
Compared to this shit the MJ video looks charitable:

At first just recently I'm mixed about about Sean producing that video and I really don't like how Michael and Bubbles was portrayed, especially when Michael looked like a psychotic clown, out of all the entire video I didn't like, but the claymation part it's kinda okay, but I wish they hadn't made him white skinned. And now that I'm hearing that he shuts us fans down re. the video and calling us "dumb and retarded?" Well that tears it, I'm calling him "dumb and retarded" right back at him and I'm gonna think about whether I'm gonna add him on my H8 list or not.

What a disgusting video and song. Sean can't live up to his father's success, so he recurred to attention whoring to bust his song. What a pathetic and disloyal attention whore but at least he hasn't gone to Robson's extreme yet.

Anyway, I've read some of these comments on Sean's FB page and he specifically says Michael wasn't a pedophile.

I know he said that the video doesn't show any molestation and it's retarded to think otherwise and nothing illegal happened
but did he explicitly state that MJ was not a pedophile? Could you post the link to that comment?

Back