Children who were Michael's friends

That video is in 1996, I believe. Could be totally wrong about that, though.

DeWayne Turrentine of Quo

Oh well...

golden.jpg

https://twitter.com/PrinceSyc/status/661464324473360384

This may be slightly off topic, but I didn't know any other topic to post it in. My question is about a claim I've heard many times from people on anti-MJ boards. They say that MJ's own children, Prince, Paris, and Blanket, we're never allowed to go on the rides at Neverland, because they were only meant as a seduction tool for his "victims". Is there any evidence to actually back up or counter this with, like photos of the children on rides?

This may be slightly off topic, but I didn't know any other topic to post it in. My question is about a claim I've heard many times from people on anti-MJ boards. They say that MJ's own children, Prince, Paris, and Blanket, we're never allowed to go on the rides at Neverland, because they were only meant as a seduction tool for his "victims". Is there any evidence to actually back up or counter this with, like photos of the children on rides?

LOL. What a nonsense.

I can imagine Michael being more strict with his own children than other's and not allowing them to go on the rides any time they wanted. After all for the other kids it was a couple of days of vacation, while Michael's children lived there permanently and their everyday life could not be made of being on rides all the time, so I am sure there were some restrictions for them. Michael was a good parent and he was careful not to spoil them. But not being allowed on the rides at all sounds like nonsense.

I am also not sure how an amusement park is evidence of the seduction of "victims"? Michael was a big star I am sure an amusement park was not needed for him to attract children around him. Also, like evidence at the trial and elsewhere showed most of the time MJ wasn't even at Neverland and most of the busload of kids going there have never even met him. And not one of the kids who accused him have met him through his amusement park.

It's just another fallacious hater argument.

I don't remember where I read it or heard it, but Michael and the kids only did the amusement park on special occasions. Much like TJ's recent interview where he and his brothers got to spend 25k on a shopping trip and then later Michael's own kids only got 3 presents each.
He didn't want them growing up spoiled.
Maybe that's where it comes from.

(I always thought the amusement park lure talk was from crazy people who got their Disney movies confused and imagined Pinocchio's Pleasure Island instead of Peter Pan's Neverland.)

Last edited:
NOVEMBER 10, 2015Webster! Emmanuel Lewis In Studio - What Was Michael Jackson Really Like?

http://wror.com/2015/11/10/webster-emmanuel-lewis-in-studio-what-was-michael-jackson-really-like/

EMMANUEL LEWIS RADIO SPOT TODAY 11-10-15 Emmanuel Lewis is in Boston for the Boston Comedy Fest this week and was on the radio today talking about Michael and telling a story about AJ the monkey at Hayvenhurst-(Emmanuel gives a great interview, is a fantastic storyteller, always has great things to say about Michael, and puts stuff in perspective)

emmanuel-lewis.jpg

Last edited:

121.jpg

15a21e5e30e08319a49a099dcf6eb74a.jpg

NOVEMBER 10, 2015Webster! Emmanuel Lewis In Studio - What Was Michael Jackson Really Like?

http://wror.com/2015/11/10/webster-emmanuel-lewis-in-studio-what-was-michael-jackson-really-like/

EMMANUEL LEWIS RADIO SPOT TODAY 11-10-15 Emmanuel Lewis is in Boston for the Boston Comedy Fest this week and was on the radio today talking about Michael and telling a story about AJ the monkey at Hayvenhurst-(Emmanuel gives a great interview, is a fantastic storyteller, always has great things to say about Michael, and puts stuff in perspective)

I loved this interview, thank you for sharing! I like how down-to-earth Emmanuel is, and really appreciate the way he talks about Michael & their friendship - always respectful :yes: The AJ story was cute, I bet Michael did that on purpose, lol! :lol:

I loved this interview, thank you for sharing! I like how down-to-earth Emmanuel is, and really appreciate the way he talks about Michael & their friendship - always respectful :yes: The AJ story was cute, I bet Michael did that on purpose, lol! :lol:

Yes that was a cute story about AJ i love the way he talk about Michael Michael was a true friend to Emmanuel. I agree with you in the bold that would be something that Michael would do.

respect77 covers it. As usual. (y)

Hater's have so little 'evidence' that I'm not surprised they'd say such a thing. Depending on the website you saw the claim on it's not worth bothering trying to refute them. MJ knew tons of children before ever buying Neverland. There would be no need to build such an expensive place to 'seduce' children. Lot's of children would visit the Hayvenhurst family home.

Last edited:
February 28, 1986: After having had a heart-transplant, 14-year-old Donna Ashlock from California gets a call from Michael Jackson.

michael-jackson-donna-ashlock-8-mars-1986-L-PsGkGj.jpeg

http://myhero.com/hero.asp?hero=F_Garza_LC_alc_MD_2015_ul

Donna.jpg

michael-jackson-neverland-1986.jpg

13-6.jpg

tumblr_me1sq4lwmY1qfeid8o1_500.png

On February 18, 1986, fourteen-year old heart transplant patient, Donna Ashlock from Patterson in California , receives a call from Michael Jackson after he learns she is a devoted fan. Michael wishes her well and invites her to visit him at the Encino family home once she is feeling better.

AngelaDarlington

In 1987, Michael Jackson meets 4-year old wounded Angela Darlington and her mother, Helen, in Melbourne Children’s Hospital. The mother has this to say on the visit 21 years later:

“My daughter, Angela, was in hospital with head injuries after being hit by a car. One day we were told by the nurses that Michael Jackson was coming to visit. We had to keep it a secret, so the hospital wasn’t overwhelmed with fans. There was a big flurry, as his assistants handed out T-shirts and signed copies of his Bad album to everyone on the ward. Then he just walked around and talked to the patients. […] I said hello. He said he was pleased to meet me. I was gobsmacked. He was very gentle and seemed shy. I got the sense he had a deep love for children, especially those who’d been hurt. Then he crouched down and said ‘Hello, Angela’. She couldn’t talk, because she’d just come out of a coma, but she started smiling. After that day, she started to get better. I think of him as an inspiration. We’d been having a terrible time – Angela was in hospital and I’d been ringing Lifeline to keep myself together, but he was a total inspiration for the whole ward. I thought: ‘Thank God for sending him’. He just had a presence about him – this great empathy with people who needed to get better. Now, Angela is 25, at university and full of life. There was another boy on the ward who was about 15 and was a huge fan. After Michael’s visit, he started getting better too. His mom thought it was a miracle. I believe many of the children got better after meeting him. I think people should know about this side of Michael. I’ve never believed he was anything but a good person.”

michael-angela.jpg

<header id="gigya-share-btns-1_gig_containerParent" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto; padding: 20px 0px; position: relative; max-width: 900px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Fira Sans', Helvetica, Arial; font-size: medium; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Sofia Richie: Michael Jackson used to pop to my dad Lionel&#8217;s house for tea

• RASHID RAZAQ, ELAINE LIPWORTH
  • <time data-microtimes="{&quot;published&quot;:&quot;1458740940000&quot;,&quot;display&quot;:0,&quot;changed&quot;:&quot;1458742467000&quot;}" datetime="14:14, 23 March 2016" unixtime="1458742467000" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Wednesday 23 March 2016</time>

</header><figure itemprop="associatedMedia image" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/ImageObject" class="featured-media medium-width" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px auto 20px; padding: 0px; width: 900px; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: 'Fira Sans', Helvetica, Arial; font-size: medium; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
<source srcset="http://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_medium/public/thumbnails/image/2016/03/22/19/SofiaRichielandscape.jpg 1x" media="(min-width: 620px) and (max-width: 929px)" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><source srcset="http://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_large/public/thumbnails/image/2016/03/22/19/SofiaRichielandscape.jpg 1x" media="(min-width: 930px) and (max-width: 1239px)" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;"><source srcset="http://static.standard.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2016/03/22/19/SofiaRichielandscape.jpg 1x" media="(min-width: 1240px)" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
SofiaRichielandscape.jpg
<figcaption itemprop="description" class="caption" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 10px 20px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; color: rgb(136, 136, 136);">Well-connected: Sofia Richie grew up knowing Michael Jackson and has modelled for Madonna Columbine Goldsmith</figcaption></figure>When your father is one of the world&#8217;s most famous singers, you get used to celebrities popping round for dinner.
But one stood out from the crowd for Lionel Richie&#8217;s daughter Sofia &#8212; Michael Jackson in his &#8220;sparkly jacket&#8221;.
The model, now 17, recalled how Jackson and his daughter Paris, who remains a friend, were frequent guests at her Beverly Hills home .
&#8220;When we were little kids, Paris and I would be hanging out here with both of our dads,&#8221; she said.
&#8220;I remember when my parents were still together, I walked into their room and Michael was wearing a sparkly jacket. I was like, &#8216;Why are you wearing my mum&#8217;s jacket?&#8217; Everybody died of laughter.&#8221;

Despite meeting so many famous faces growing up, Sofia said she had been truly starstruck only once &#8212; when she met Beyoncé backstage after a concert in London.
The model said: &#8220;She came off the stage and talked to my dad and I couldn&#8217;t breathe. I have a picture of Jay Z putting his chain around my neck.&#8221;
Sofia added that she cannot remember what Beyoncé said because &#8220;it was too surreal&#8221;.
The teenager, whose mother is Richie&#8217;s second wife Diane Alexander, has an elder brother, Miles, and sister, Nicole.

• Sofia has modelled for Elle and Marie Claire and was recently chosen to front the campaign for Madonna and her daughter Lourdes&#8217;s fashion line Material Girl.
She told ES Magazine: &#8220;I&#8217;m obsessed with Madonna so it was insane and overwhelming for me. I have met her several times with my dad. I think she&#8217;s a good role model because she is independent and strong.&#8221;
Sofia, whose parents separated when she was four, also spoke about the perils of fame and the paparazzi.
She said: &#8220;One time there were so many of them I couldn&#8217;t move. I am a small girl and it scared my dad a little.
"Another time the same person would follow me over and over and over again and it turned out that someone had put a tracker under my car. There&#8217;s a negative side to everything, but I don&#8217;t let that get to me.&#8221;
Asked to name her favourite out of her father&#8217;s songs, she said: &#8220;I love Ballerina Girl because my dad always tried to convince me that it was about me and my sister. I don&#8217;t really know who it was about.&#8221;

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/c...o-my-dad-lionel-s-house-for-tea-a3210276.html

I just noticed the original photo link is broken so I'm posting it again. Does anybody have a bigger version?

From Taj:

" I was going through old text messages and came across this one. Instantly made me cry. I miss my uncle so much."

images

Sean Lennon, 1998:

Q: Well, like, what was it like having Michael Jackson, speaking about masturbation, you know, hang out with you when you were younger?

Sean: Michael Jackson. Listen.

Q: That must have been a traumatic experience.

Sean: Look, I resent any accusations that you might be implying about Michael Jackson because he is a really good guy.
http://www.nardwuar.com/vs/sean_lennon/index.html

:puke:

sean+lennon+michael+jackson+%252814%2529.jpg

tumblr_mi0t8byvIK1raicmio1_500.jpg

Michael-And-Sean-Lennon-michael-jackson-34797331-355-400.jpg

5cbce8b4b080b6be5b101225d3f0e204.jpg

be2506ee789ac3357d1083386d8e311a.jpg

Last edited:
^^I just read the whole interview. That guy was purposely antagonizing him. One listener called him a "dickhead" and I have to agree.

I don't understand how some interviewers have the nerve to antagonize their guests right in their face like that.

Can you even imagine? Sean was unbelievably polite. If I had been him or his handler, I would have walked out.

Maybe he's like a Canadian Howard Stern :puke:. I hate this type of hosts anyway, I don't find them funny at all.

Michael with Dianne Kay's granddaughter:

V2B1SU6.png

In 1989, the Capital Children's Museum honored Michael with the Best Of Washington Humanitarian Award.

In April the following year, after meeting with President Bush at the White House, he attended a charity dinner in his honor at the historic estate Merrywood in McLean. The dinner was organized by The Friends Of The Capital Children's Museum. Guests paid $ 5,000 for a ticket to the event in honor of Michael. Actress Dianne Kay's 5-year-old granddaughter Lauren accompanied Michael during the event.

"I want to thank Kay and Karen for their wonderful hospitality, and the little Lauren for joining me today and being so kind. Thank you."

Debbie Allen:

"I really wish he could be there," the Fame choreographer told us last night at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences TV Moves! 2 Live dance event, adding, "Michael just loved being there. It was his fantasy come true."
Allen remembered spending time at the legendary estate with her kids...
"We had so many great days there," she said. "The movie theater, the train, the animals, the lions, the game room, the candy, the popcorn&#8212;all these things I can never forget."
Jackson was the perfect host, Allen said.

"I remember going up there with my son, my daughter and a lot of their friends," she said. "One time, he took my son on all the rides. They had such a good time on the bumper cars."

http://www.eonline.com/news/135323/debbie-allen-let-michael-jackson-rest-at-neverland

Another interview:

[video=youtube;TB2hsJnmw8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB2hsJnmw8w[/video]

ALLEN: I think what&#8217;s missing today is we don&#8217;t have enough of that development. When I think about the record business and I think about the music business and how young people just put a video up on YouTube or - and they could jump out there. But who&#8217;s there developing them?

Michael appreciated people that were real around him. I mean, he had a lot - too many - a lot of people, but I think he was attracted to me because I was always very real with him.

WHITFIELD: Do you think there were too many people in his life who were willing to say yes all the time and - and not be real like you were able to be with him?

ALLEN: Michael loved people, and he loved young people. I took a lot of people up to Neverland, a lot of kids. The first thing - place we went was to his room to see everything, and it was great.

But Michael had a lot of hurt in his life. A lot of hurt.

Read more: http://www.ezcnn.com.tw/index.php?o...el-jacksons-death&catid=439:201202&Itemid=199

tumblr_matw9wXzm51rpwhl6o1_r1_500.jpg

debbie-allen-accepts-naacp-image-award-from-michael-jackson-pasadena-picture-id458006289

Michael-Hugging-Fellow-Entertainer-Debbie-Allen-michael-jackson-31594236-330-388.jpg

^^Such a great night. Not only the best speech Michael ever gave in his life, but after the win watching both Debbie and Michael Peters hug him there.

Macauley Culkin talking about his friendship with Michael Jackson:

"Having - as he - experienced the disorienting status of child star , Michael Jackson was one of the few near Macaulay able to guide it in the Hollywood jungle. Their relationship was profound and the actor does not hide his emotion when he speaks of his "friend" , who died tragically in 2009. " This is one of the most important people of my life , says he . He was my best friend. We were interrelated because he knew what I endured . Stress, abuse, oppressive family. He was always present and understanding. "

http://www.voici.fr/news-people/act...-macaulay-culkin-se-livre-comme-jamais-596512

Debbie Allen is a beautiful person i love her and she love Michael very much.

tumblr_matw9wXzm51rpwhl6o1_r1_500.jpg

Last edited:
You can add me to that. Didn't see the whole thing, but saw enough. What an (insert word of choice). Whatever happened to "he's a really nice guy" that was posted earlier? No wonder MJ didn't trust anyone.

Back