Children who were Michael's friends

Dr Wayne Dyer Talks About Michael

[video=youtube;wyCZ4x0cmmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyCZ4x0cmmg[/video]

He talks about the allegations, says that Michael invited him with his family to visit Neverland in 1991, he says "I trusted him with my children."

"I know for absolute certain that this is a man who could never have done anything that would be harmful to anyone. He was very much a child himself. He was as kind and decent and spiritual a human being as I ever had the pleasure of spending any time with. I dedicated one of my books to him. When you look at his enormous talent and the commitment that he had to ending the world hunger, for example – he personally was responsible for cutting the number of people starving to death on this planet IN HALF back in the 1980s and the 1990s with “We are the World”. And he took no money for it at all. ... This was a beautiful, beautiful human being – someone who would go down in history as one of the greatest entertainers EVER, but more than the great entertainer this was a great man... In my time with him in those five days with him back in 1991 solidified for me that this was a transcendent being who had not only enormous talent but a heart as big as the sky."
~ Dr. Wayne Dyer (radio interview July 2009)

More from Dr. Wayne Dyer:

http://www.drwaynedyer.com/blog/real-magic-and-michael/

The movie gave Michael a chance to team up with an old friend, the legendary and beautiful, Diana Ross.
“Diana looked after us a lot when we first started. She and I became good friends. I used to stay with her whenever we’d come up to New York. She got me interested in drawing and all kinds of things.“One of the nicest things that happened on the movie set was when she brought her daughter and all her school class onto the movie set.“We had such a great time. Even though she spent almost the entire afternoon trying to bite off the huge false nose I had to wear for the part.”

Diana 1984:
Once, when she was really concerned, she rented a yacht and took Michael and her daughters sailing in the Caribbean. On the boat he was like one of her children, running across the decks, playing hide-and-seek. Over dinner he was her friend and confidant.

Rhonda: Her feelings on growing up with Michael Jackson: “I’ve known Michael and the Jackson family my whole life. Jermaine was married to my sister Hazel Gordy and together they have 3 children — my niece and nephews. There was a time — up until my twenties [when Diana married Arne]— that Michael and I were especially close. He was a kind and loving soul, a brilliant artist and performer. It’s still hard to believe that he is gone. We will miss him forever. We’re all taking it one day at a time.”

Chudney Ross: I am deeply saddened by the death of MICHAEL JACKSON. I was shocked when I heard the news on the radio. I immediately called my brother, sister and then my mom to confirm the news. No one knew for sure, but we hoped it wasn’t true. As more and more news sources confirmed the report, my heart sank. How could MICHAEL JACKSON be gone so soon and so suddenly?
I was a fan, like all of you. MICHAEL JACKSON’S music was like a backdrop to my life. I remember excitedly sitting in front of the TV with my sisters to watch the THRILLER video air for the first time. I was frightened by the scary make up, but also in awe of the dance moves and the fact that it was more of a movie than any music video I had ever seen. I remember when PYT was my favorite, watching The Wiz for the first time, when my mom participated in WE ARE THE WORLD and when I SCREAMED along with Janet and Michael.
I’m lucky enough to also have wonderful memories of meeting MICHAEL JACKSON, which I will cherish in my heart forever. I remember gorging on candy in his “candy room” at the ranch. I remember Michael dancing with my mom on stage and even better dancing in my living room with my little brother. My favorite memory is singing to him on the phone. I was so proud that I knew the words. “Mama say, mama sa, mama kusa,” I sang as he giggled on the other end.
In my eyes, Michael was a kind, sweet, youthful man. I never believed any negative allegations and I will continue to defend him when people make jokes. I was shocked and saddened beyond belief that even in his death, people can continue to say negative, mean things. My heart goes out to the family and to the kids. This is so very sad.

^^Wow. How lovely, Tal. So glad you posted that. Really.
I'd read Diana's statement at the time and have heard Tracee and Evan discuss Michael, but never Rhonda or Chudney.
Truly touching.
I'm so glad that Diana made sure her kids were part of his life.

^ Same here :)

Nayanna Holley, daughter of Michael's background singer Dorian Holley:

"My name is Nayanna Holley. I'm a Afro wearing, vintage rockin, hot-blooded LA singer/songwriter who can cook like yo' Mamma and drink like Poppa. Enjoy and be inspired. Maybe my childhood was a little charmed. I got to travel the world with Michael Jackson from age three to my pre-teens. From the BAD Tour in 1987, to HISTory in ‘96, my father was his background singer, and I was the road-baby.
Sitting on the hips of Greg Phillinganes (MD), Travis Payne (Choreographer), Sheryl Crow & Siedah Garrett (singers), and of course, the man himself; this was my introduction the the incredible world of entertainment. Tour buses, lights, dancers, make-up, pyro, and MICHAEL JACKSON. My heart has been influenced by music that will never leave my soul.

On attending the Cirque de Soleil show:

"I hope the “IMMORTAL Cirque de Soleil” show at Staples Center will draw up the fondest memories of the music and the man. I can’t wait to see how this show’s artistic expression will pay homage to the man that has touched and shaped the lives of many. We miss you Michael."

64366_291062434295490_1648751706_n.jpg

1604893_739279506140445_6010889395857333744_n.jpg

10407664_739279509473778_1739726495377728589_n.jpg

10616270_739279492807113_4107757263805972894_n.jpg

Nayanna pictured clutching Michael's hand backstage on the 'Bad' tour, at Liseburg in 1988 and wearing one of Michael's gloves.

tumblr_lykuzrykR61r3j33ko3_500.jpg

10365859_795633617123215_1156063980707110731_n.jpg

+Nayanna+Holley+michael+jackson+%25282%2529.jpg

InvincibleTal;4106771 said:

"My name is Nayanna Holley. I'm a Afro wearing, vintage rockin, hot-blooded LA singer/songwriter who can cook like yo' Mamma and drink like Poppa. Enjoy and be inspired. Maybe my childhood was a little charmed. I got to travel the world with Michael Jackson from age three to my pre-teens. From the BAD Tour in 1987, to HISTory in ‘96, my father was his background singer, and I was the road-baby.
Sitting on the hips of Greg Phillinganes (MD), Travis Payne (Choreographer), Sheryl Crow & Siedah Garrett (singers), and of course, the man himself; this was my introduction the the incredible world of entertainment. Tour buses, lights, dancers, make-up, pyro, and MICHAEL JACKSON. My heart has been influenced by music that will never leave my soul.

"I hope the “IMMORTAL Cirque de Soleil” show at Staples Center will draw up the fondest memories of the music and the man. I can’t wait to see how this show’s artistic expression will pay homage to the man that has touched and shaped the lives of many. We miss you Michael."

Wow-another great story-and his little girl is the spitting image of Dorian in the first picture!

Cute pictures :) For those who are just as curious as I was about the subtext in Swedish, it's a quote from Michael saying he saw the park from the bus and decided that he wanted to visit it because amusement parks are fun (thanks Google Translate ;D).

Don't mean to go o/t, but this story reminded me of bumpin' into Michael's star there at the park many years ago. Can't find the picture I took myself, but this is close enough

MJ-star-liseberg-bild-2.jpg

Quincy, Kidada and Rashida Jones

aGMXl.jpg

24vk5l0.jpg

Michael-Vibe.jpg

60db57d0d058bf06001284aebfd05d76.jpg

large.jpg

Quincy Jones on his daughter’s friendship with Michael: “Michael was like a member of my family, a surrogate son. He spent many hours with my daughter, Kidada who was a precocious child of eight at the time. They adored each other and totally communicated despite the age difference (he was twenty then). Her mother once found a phone bill showing Kidada made ninety-one long-distance calls to Michael in a single month. She played the telephone like Herbie Hancock plays the keyboards.”
“It’s mostly little things that excite him or stir his emotions,” says Jones. “Childlike things. He loves children a lot. He’s been friends with my daughters for years. When he comes to my house, they think they’re doing me a big favor by lending him to me so he can rehearse, because they think he’s their friend. He’s just got a very pure type of enthusiasm about simple things.” And as for the snakes Jackson occasionally carts to work? “Now to me, that’s the strange part,” Jones says laughing. “When the dude brings in a fifteen-foot python — that’s what I can’t take.”
Quincy: “He has the ability to go into a child’s world. I’ve seen him come and play with my two (pre-teen) daughters. He’ll come over at 11 at night and go into their room and talk and play for two hours.”
Q: Did you ever meet Bubbles?
Quincy: Are you kidding me? He bit a hole in my daughter’s hand! Rashida’s hand. Rashida Jones—did you see I Love You, Man? That’s my daughter. She was a little girl. And Bubbles bit her hand. Michael used to bring Muscles and Bubbles by the house all the time, you know.

Rashida: Michael Jackson used to hang out at her house Music producer Quincy Jones is her dad (mom is actress Peggy Lipton), so the gloved one was often over when Rashida was a kid. “He was fun and hilarious,” she says.
ME interview: Do you have any crazy stories about Michael Jackson?
Rashida: I remember Michael would take us to the mall to get toys, which was the most exciting thing ever. But he was always wearing a surgical mask, and I was so embarrassed to be seen with him! It just was not cool to be roaming around the mall with a dude wearing a surgical mask. But he was always so sweet to us, and so fun, just like a big kid, — like a really big kid. I feel so horrible for him. I feel so sad for his soul. He came into this world with so much talent, but he just didn’t know how to protect himself. Michael was exceedingly aware of the fact that he didn’t have a childhood, and he wanted to try to create a world in which he could try to make up for everything he had lost.
ME: So, taking you guys shopping for toys was something he would do to make him feel in touch with his own youth?
Rashida: Yes, exactly.

Rashida, Playboy, October 2011
Rashida plays 20 questions with Playboy in the November issue (out Friday) and was asked about her memory of Michael.
“Michael basically grew up with us, so I have a million memories of him. We were at each other’s houses all the time,” the Parks and Recreation star shares. “He was definitely a little bit of an alien, for sure, and when I was young, it felt as if he was my age, not 18 years older, but with just a little bit more pep.”
“Later, we’d go out on the town together. He always wore those surgical masks. Once, my sister, Michael, Emmanuel Lewis and I got in a car with Super Soakers and went by a movie theater and supersoaked the hell out of people waiting in line. They had no idea they’d just been supersoaked by the King of Pop.”
We bet that memory has stuck with some and they’re thrilled now though!

Rashida Jones, CNN.com, December 2011

MORGAN: Your house must have been like — like a daily walk of fame and notoriety and legends. I mean, everyone must have been coming through.
JONES: There was a lot of legendary personalities.
MORGAN: Start name-dropping. Biggest names that walked through that door?
JONES: Michael Jackson, Ray Charles.
MORGAN: Didn’t you go in a car with Michael Jackson once and spray gun complete strangers with a water pistol?
JONES: It was a childish prank, yeah.
MORGAN: You actually did that?
JONES: Yeah.
MORGAN: What was he like, Michael Jackson.
JONES: I’m not making any excuses. He was so wonderful. He was a big kid. He really was that. It wasn’t — he was so innocent and just a big kid. And to me, at that age, he just was like me but taller and very much more talented.
MORGAN: That guy just knew how to do it, didn’t he?
JONES: He did. But he was also had this like — this thing just bubbling over. He had no choice. I mean, when you sound like that and you dance like that, what choice do you have? You have to give it to everybody, you know.

[video=youtube;qFjpCJOONm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFjpCJOONm8[/video]

Lottie Rose (Michael’s hairdresser from 1981 to 1994) and her daughter

cMxd8.jpg

Lottie Rose: He would allow me to bring my daughter with me. She would stay the nights and slept in Michael’s bed. I would be working on him. At Neverland, because the drive was so long, I would stay and we would have our own little room.

Her daughter: I met MJ when I was 11 years old… Just so happens, I was at my mom’s hair salon on a Saturday when she received a phone call from Bill Bray, MJ’s right hand man at the time. He told my mom that MJ liked her work (she did the hair for the soft sheen print advertisements) they called soft sheen and they referred them to her.
My mom thought it was a joke until the limousine pulled up in front of the salon. She told me about MJ at the very last minute… I couldn’t believe it and went crazy while Bill was pulling the limousine around to the back of the salon. Let me tell you… it was the best night ever for an 11 year old.
Really nice guy, very friendly and the best part was that I practically had MJ’s attention all to myself.
He was not shy at all. In fact, I was very shy and afraid to meet him at first because he was MJ. However, he was very friendly and helped me to warm up to him.
MJ and I talked mostly about me and my friends, what we did for fun, where we liked to go, what it was like to go to the mall, favorite stores, amusement parks, favorite rides, going to the beach, movies and more… He would also call me at home from time to time to chat on the phone.
Michael loved to play practical jokes. He would tell my mom that muscles or bubbles was around, and then would rub her leg to make her think it was one of the animals. She would hop around and scream sometimes… was really, really funny!

1604893_739279506140445_6010889395857333744_n.jpg

10407664_739279509473778_1739726495377728589_n.jpg

10616270_739279492807113_4107757263805972894_n.jpg

Nayanna pictured clutching Michael's hand backstage on the 'Bad' tour, at Liseburg in 1988 and wearing one of Michael's gloves.

tumblr_lykuzrykR61r3j33ko3_500.jpg

10365859_795633617123215_1156063980707110731_n.jpg

These are some beautiful pictures thank you for shares them and i love this thread Tal beautiful job :)

It is beautiful she got the chance to meet Michael she will remember this for the rest of her life what a precious memories to have.

Last edited:
Wow-these stories from Dorian's little girl and now Lottie Rose and her daughter have been utterly delightful-I have just smiled ear to ear both reading the stories and looking at the pix. I just love this thread.

Wow-these stories from Dorian's little girl and now Lottie Rose and her daughter have been utterly delightful-I have just smiled ear to ear both reading the stories and looking at the pix. I just love this thread.

It is indeed a great, great thread. Isn't it in the wrong section though? I can partially understand the reasons for it being in this particular part, but I think its spirit is so much worthier of the Legacy section of the site, don't you guys agree?

All of the pictures and lovely stories in here show the gloriously innocent bond between Michael and children and they are very much part of his legacy, a most important part also. The sick ways in which people tried to twist that is a whole different business and I truly think the two should be kept separate. But that's just my silly idea, it doesn't mean anyone else has to agree with it.

You know I'd love to watch a documentary gathering many of Michaels young friends (now older) sharing wonderful memories of Michael.. This would serve two purposes to two totally different audiences.. the MJ fan community will learn all new stories and maybe see some new pics of MJ to hold onto.. And for the MJ haters to see the true relationship Michael had with young people.

Last edited:
You know I'd love to watch a documentary gathering many of Michaels young friends (not older) sharing wonderful memories of Michael.. This would serve two purposes to two totally different audiences.. the MJ fan community will learn all new stories and maybe see some new pics of MJ to hold onto.. And for the MJ haters to see the true relationship Michael had with young people.

Love your post(y)

One of my very favorite pictures everrr, an overload of sweetness. It's self explanatory really :wub2:

sweetness.jpg

Most of the time I'm not even sure which one of the two is cuter, but today I think I'll go with the cheeky bigger bugger on the right :cheeky:

Kelley Parker Interview from 2013 (Michael parts only)

Kelley+Parker+candid+4.jpg
Kelley+Parker+THEN+2.jpg

Kelley+Parker+candid+3+-+Moonwalker.jpg

How were you cast?

I had auditioned and then heard nothing back for over six months, so I assumed that someone else had been cast. I found out later that they had done a nationwide casting and that was why it took so long before getting the call for the callback. After that, I had to come in for a screen test with some of the boy actors that were up for the Zeke role.

The look that I have in the video, tomboy with the messy braids, was exactly how I went in for the audition. I was never a girly-girl, and it was sort of my niche that set me apart from at the other girls. I was a toughie, always wanting to be one of the boys. I think that is maybe what caught Michael’s eye. I was fairly raw, not very polished. I remember being in hair and makeup an
d they were putting two other girls into braids and putting freckles on them. I remember being upset that they were all being made up to look like me! Now I see what a compliment that was.

Do you remember what your reaction was when you were cast?

I was not really all that excited about it. When Thriller came out I was only five years old. So [while I knew Michael’s music,] I was not a fan and really had no concept of who he was! Honestly that probably is part of the reason why I got [the part]—I was so instantly at ease around him because I did not seem him as the megastar that he was. I saw him just as a fellow actor. Gotta love kids!

Where was the video filmed?

We shot the video, which was originally called “Chicago Nights,” on the Culver soundstages. Then for the film we moved over to Universal backlot and soundstages. We shot all the outside field shots at a ranch north of Los Angeles called Disney Ranch.

How did you feel making the video?

It was the most incredible experience of my life! Without a doubt, it changed the course of my life. Michael and I became great friends. He was always pushing me to be better and teaching me about the artistic process. To have someone of his creative genius take the time to teach you at the age of 10 is like getting the winning lotto ticket, and I have always known how fortunate I was to have had that experience. Michael never once treated me as a kid, always as an equal, and as a professional. I imagine it was because he was in the business as a kid so he knew what it felt like to be on set with huge expectations for you to deliver a performance. The pressure is the same whether you are an adult or a kid, and Michael always respected that.

What was the hardest part of the shoot?

I don’t remember any hard parts of the shoot, but I was once sent to the emergency room for an accident that occurred. It was the scene in the caves when Mr. Big (Joe Pesci) pushes me to the ground. One time he pushed a bit harder and I tripped as I fell backwards and was not able to catch myself. I landed on the big mic pack on my spine. I went down hard! Michael was so concerned about me. It was really sweet.

How was it to work with Michael Jackson? What was he like?

Michael was the kindest man I have ever met. I was so lucky to have not just worked with him, but worked with him for months and [go on to be] friends with him for years. He took the time to really get to know me. He was lighting in a bottle; the air was different when he was around. It’s hard to explain, but you could feel him before you saw him.

He was also so much fun on set, pulling pranks and laughing with us. The best example was when we had been filming out at the ranch, and they had been long, hard days in the sun, and I was doing the last shot of the day. I had thought that we were done for the day, and the director said he needed another take. I could see something moving in the reflection of the camera lens; I looked back to see Michael, Sean, and Brandon running at me with water guns and water balloons. They soaked me!

Then there was the first time I walked on the set and saw Michael dancing. My jaw literally dropped. The power he had as a performer was truly one-of-a-kind, and the electricity in the room was overwhelming.

What did you think of the video?

I loved it, and still do. It really is one of the all-time best videos. It has absolutely stood the test of time.

What did your parents think of it?

My parents were proud of me.

What did your friends think of it?

I’m not sure how impressed my friends were at the time, but since then it has definitely given me cool factor points! When it first came out I was working a lot so many of my closest friends were also in the business, and thus they were probably less impressed than the average kids. It was actually many years later when I realized the affect that the film and video had on people.

“Smooth Criminal” and the longer film were part of Moonwalker. It was supposed to be released in theaters in the US, but for legal reasons, it never was. Many kids my age and younger had the Moonwalker DVD and would play it over and over. Since it was family-friendly, there is a whole generation that was raised on the DVD, kids who probably never saw the actual video on MTV until years later.

When you were of dating age, did the video ever affect your love life in any way?

It had no effect on my love life when I was younger, and as I got older I would not tell people until after they knew me fairly well. I always tried to keep my friendship with Michael private; I was never one to exploit that for my own personal gain. Once a guy would find out, it usually would gain me a few points; many of them had crushes on me growing up.

Were you ever recognized in public? How often and when last? Any stories about that?

I was never recognized in public except when I was with Michael. When I was in public with him, people would say “You’re the little girl from the video!” It was always fun to be recognized. When people find out today, it is always fun to watch their faces because I see them scan my face for a moment and then the usual response is “You look the same!”

What are you doing these days?

I am still in the entertainment business, though these days mostly behind the scenes. I am lucky—because of my varied background I get to work in both live and filmed entertainment. I am a producer for television, a choreographer, and an associate director for large-scale live shows. I love my life; it never feels like work because I love what I do. I started working on the creative behind-the-scenes side of things early in my twenties because I had already been performing for so long, and I was looking to express myself more fully as a creative mind. I owe a lot of that to Michael; the confidence in my own creative and artistic thought came from the time I spent with him.
I recently finished working with Kenny Ortega, who, of course, directed for Michael for many years, and he and I would have great conversations about Michael. It was nice to reminisce with someone else who knew Michael the person and friend, not just Michael the star.

Did you stay in touch with Michael? If so, how often?

Michael and I remained friends for years.

When was the last time you were in touch with him, and what was that conversation about?

I saw Michael a couple weeks before he passed. [Before that,] I had not seen him in years. I am so happy that I was able to say hello to him and look in his eyes one last time.

How did that come about? Did he call you, you call him, someone email you? Where did you see him?

I work as a choreographer now and have done many shows and a couple films for Disney. He came to one of the shows a couple weeks before he died and I happened to be there that day. He did not know I would be there. It was brief, but I did get the opportunity to see him, and for that, I will be forever thankful.

How and where did you learn Michael died? How did the news affect you?

I was in a rehearsal when the news came that Michael had been rushed to the hospital. I found out in a text from my brother Eric, who had spent much time with me on the set when I was working with Michael.

When I heard he had passed, my mind went blank and my eyes filled with tears. The first person that put [a] hand on me, I collapsed in shock. It was surreal, to say the least, and I was just so sad because he still had so much to give. But thankfully his legacy will always live on, and there was such beauty, love, and outpouring following his death. I think he is looking down from somewhere else and smiling. We were so lucky to have had him here for the time that we did, and he accomplished what was so close to his heart—for people to love one another, to feel joy in their lives, and to believe in magic. And anywhere you go in the world, when his music comes on, that is exactly what happens…people dance, sing, smile, and their spirits are lifted. What a beautiful gift he gave us.

What is your take on the allegations made against Michael Jackson by families of children he befriended?

I can’t speak about nor judge anybody else’s relationship or experience with Michael because I was not there with them. All I can do is say that in all the time I spent with him, he was nothing but the most caring and gentle human being. He was always like a father looking out for me. I spent time with him at his ranch, Neverland, and always had so much fun with him.

I know that people don’t understand why Michael always had kids around, and as an adult I can see why that may look unusual. But all you have to do is look at any kids you know and the fact that they have no filter; they are just honest. Now put yourself in Michael’s shoes: surrounded all day by people who constantly filter what they say to you. How refreshing the honesty [of children] would be.

Michael was always questioning me so that I would grow in my reasoning. We would dream out loud together, make up stories together, and be creative in so many ways. I think he was maybe trying to be for me what he had hoped someone would have done for him as a kid in the industry.

He was the kindest man with the most generous heart. From my experience with him, I can’t imagine that he would harm anyone.

read full:
http://noblemania.blogspot.co.il/2013/07/the-girl-in-video-smooth-criminal-1988.html

Kelley+Parker+candid+2.JPG
Kelley+Parker+candid+1.jpg

That was sweet of Michael to come and visit the little girl in the hospital what a excited moment for the family.

respect77;4105678 said:

Is this the real Brett's facebook page?

BTW, we know hates are obsessed with Karlee's testimony where she said this:

21 I was in Europe when I was in the seventh grade, and

22 about half of the year I was in South America in the

23 seventh -- in the eighth grade.

24 Q. How old was your brother at that time?

25 A. I was what, 13, 14. So he would have been

26 about 11 or 12.

27 Q. And virtually every night on that tour, Mr.

28 Jackson slept with your brother Brett? 9413

1 A. Yes.

2 Q. How many nights would that have been,

3 approximately?

4 A. Let’s see, let’s divide 365 days into half.

5 Q. Okay. Is that about it? About --

6 A. Well, if I said I spent half the year

7 overseas with him one year and half of the year

8 overseas with him the other year, I think that would

9 total about 365 days altogether.

10 Q. Okay. So 365 nights he spent the night

11 alone with your brother in his room?

12 A. Yes.

But this is actually impossible.
Michael was in Europe between June 27, 1992 -- October 4, 1992 that's about three months not half a year.
And wasn't this the period when Gotham Chopra was with him too?

Then he was in South American October 8, 1993 -- November 11, 1993 which is one month not half a year.
And the Cascio brothers were with him too so where were they sleeping?
And weren't Brett's parents with him in South America?

I also cannot understand how this could be 1993:

[video=youtube;vgo-TFArcK4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgo-TFArcK4[/video]

Brett looks older than what he looked like during this TV interview defending Michael and that was in september 1993.
So how could this be 1993?

Back