Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here?

p.s I don't consider any Atheist to be a 'scumbag', God loves them just as much as he loves you or I, probably even more! They just don't know it yet... :)

I don't think they are scum. Who said that? Anyway, I just don't want them in here, no more then they would want us in their thread.

I don't think they are scum. Who said that? Anyway, I just don't want them in here, no more then they would want us in their thread.

Someone said it earlier and it got an 'amen' from you! I know it wasn't meant in seriousness, but it could be percieved wrongly by those reading this thread, that's all.
I don't see how any of us can dictate who goes into what thread, we should welcome them really, however difficult they may make it for us. At least here they are being surrounded by scripture and God's love. :D

Well, what they post tries to sway us into the non belief world, and I want no part of that. If they want to learn about Christ, I will help them, but not if they are gonna post mean things here. And they would not want us in their thread posting salvation scripture. That is why there are certain threads for certain topics. If one does not agree, stay out. That's my take on it.

And on a side note, I don't like it that my friends feelings were hurt. We should not be hurting each other no matter what you believe.

Well, what they post tries to sway us into the non belief world, and I want no part of that. If they want to learn about Christ, I will help them, but not if they are gonna post mean things here. And they would not want us in their thread posting salvation scripture. That is why there are certain threads for certain topics. If one does not agree, stay out. That's my take on it.

I hear ya, I truly do, but I think we'll just have to pray for guidance in the best way to deal with things if there are disruptive posts. Often the ones that protest so much are the ones that are feeling convicted and it's scaring them so they thrash out, I'd rather stay steadfast and strong and love them than turn my back on them.

I hear ya, I truly do, but I think we'll just have to pray for guidance in the best way to deal with things if there are disruptive posts. Often the ones that protest so much are the ones that are feeling convicted and it's scaring them so they thrash out, I'd rather stay steadfast and strong and love them than turn my back on them.

You have a good point, Red.

Christians Are Like Pumpkins. I saw this online.

A woman was asked by a co-worker,

"What is it like to be a Christian?"

The co-worker replied,

"It is like being a pumpkin. God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. Then he cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff. He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc., and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see."

I'm gonna have to fiercely disagree with you here.
I do not ever accept things without questioning it, that is why God gave me a brain and a curious spirit.
I have faith obviously, but debate is healthy. Who has told you that the Church should not debate? That to me just makes Christians sound like airheads.
As for offending Catholics, well as I said before, I didn't mean to offend anyone and you can either accept that or not, and seemingly some people choose not to. However, I am not about to change my views unless someone gives me very good reason to, I have issue with a lot of the teachings of the Catholic church and some of the posts here have only gone to cement my concerns.

That's fine Red. I respect your opinions and I agree, healthy debate is good. Debate was actually the wrong word for me to use. It is more so the arguing in here rather than the debating, and some people putting down another denomination. Anyway, Peace! :)

p.s I don't consider any Atheist to be a 'scumbag', God loves them just as much as he loves you or I, probably even more! They just don't know it yet... :)

Very true! We are all equal to God. He loves each of us. We are His children. Jesus died on the cross for all mankind.

Someone said it earlier and it got an 'amen' from you! I know it wasn't meant in seriousness, but it could be percieved wrongly by those reading this thread, that's all.
I don't see how any of us can dictate who goes into what thread, we should welcome them really, however difficult they may make it for us. At least here they are being surrounded by scripture and God's love. :D

Yeah, I agree - we should welcome people into this thread. If they have questions, we can pray for guidance in what to reply to them. I don't want to be perceived as shutting the door on people. Who knows, what they read in this thread may just plant the seed for them to later find Jesus. :angel:

Earthy - love your WWJD poem! :clapping:

EXACTLY!! They are the ones searching for the truth. Searching for something more.

Glad you liked the WWJD poem Kes and Red.

did everyone rate this thread 5 stars!!
I love this thread :)

And on a side note, I don't like it that my friends feelings were hurt. We should not be hurting each other no matter what you believe.
Yep, excactly!!!

God bless MJJC :huggy: Love you guys.

No worries. Let's all start fresh, shall we? :)

He who made the heavens & hung the stars he will never leave us,our mighty God.
In Jesus name we stir our faith,believing in greater things.

How great is. How great is our God.
How wonderful,how beautiful
How glorious, How great is our God

Michelle_MC - I don't feel like I belong in here sometimes. How can I be here if I feel like I'm being looked down upon..

hello all...how are you???...I cannot help but notice that there has been alot of fighting in this thread today..huh..??? God said....keep your soul calm...I agree with God..:yes:...so maybe we could all just get along.....AND Rockin....you do belong here...just like everyone else..:)

Yes I believe in Jesus Christ and that he died for our sins. I have recently been trying to get to know God/Jesus better by praying more and reading the holy bible more. I try to never judge people. I think sometimes many Christians forget that to God Sin is Sin God does not categorize a sin as more sinful or less sinful yet people tend to do that. I guess I’m an open minded Christian I actually find other religions fascinating and try to have respect for all people.

Yes we should pray for those who are atheists or who have not found Christ yet. As I read elsewhere there will be no atheist in the other place.

Michelle_MC - I don't feel like I belong in here sometimes. How can I be here if I feel like I'm being looked down upon..

*hugs Rockin'*

I really hope you don't feel like that. No one has the right to look down at you. You are as special to God as anyone else here!

In Matthew chapter 7, Jesus tells us:
1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

It is not anyone else's place to judge the heart of another.

I hope you continue to post in this thread!

Feel like posting some more scripture now. This is also from Matthew chapter 7.
Ask, Seek, Knock

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9"Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

KJV Bible: 1,189 chapters, 31,102 verses,790,685 words & 3,566,480 letters. Shortest verse john 11:35.Longest Es. 8:9. Longest words are both 18 letters "Jonathelemrechokim" (Ps.56title) & "Mahershalalhashbaz" (Is 8.1)

Middle book: Micah, Middle & shortest chapter is Ps.117. Middle verse is Ps.118:8. Longest book is psalms & shortest is 3 John. Longest chapter Ps. 119 & shortest Ps. 117. Identical verses are: 1 Chr. 16:21-22 & Ps. 105:14-15; 107:8,15,21,31; etc.

Thought this was pretty relevant to this thread. This is Paul writing to the Romans.

Living for God

1 Brothers and sisters, God has shown you his mercy. So I am asking you to offer up your bodies to him while you are still alive. Your bodies are a holy sacrifice that is pleasing to God. When you offer your bodies to God, you are worshiping him. 2 Don't live any longer the way this world lives. Let your way of thinking be completely changed. Then you will be able to test what God wants for you. And you will agree that what he wants is right. His plan is good and pleasing and perfect. 3 God's grace has been given to me. So here is what I say to every one of you. Don't think of yourself more highly than you should. Be reasonable when you think about yourself. Keep in mind the amount of faith God has given you.
4 Each of us has one body with many parts. And the parts do not all have the same purpose. 5 So also we are many persons. But in Christ we are one body. And each part of the body belongs to all the other parts.
6 We all have gifts. They differ in keeping with the grace that God has given each of us. Do you have the gift of prophecy? Then use it in keeping with the faith you have. 7 Is it your gift to serve? Then serve. Is it teaching? Then teach. 8 Is it telling others how they should live? Then tell them. Is it giving to those who are in need? Then give freely. Is it being a leader? Then work hard at it. Is it showing mercy? Then do it cheerfully.

ROMANS CHAPTER 12

Some passages about unity. Also the first part is relevant to the non believers who come in here.

Romans 12:14-16
14 Bless those who hurt you. Bless them, and do not call down curses on them. 15 Be joyful with those who are joyful. Be sad with those who are sad. 16 Agree with each other. Don't be proud. Be willing to be a friend of people who aren't considered important. Don't think that you are better than others.

=======================

Psalm 133

A song of ascents. Of David.

1 How good and pleasant it is
when brothers live together in unity!

=============================

John 10:16

16I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

=============================

John 17:11

11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

==============================

John 17:21-23

21that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

================================

1 Corinthians 10:17

17Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf.

=================================

1 Corinthians 12:12

12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

=================================

Galatians 3:28

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

==================================

Last edited:
Back