Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here?

Jesus is the only Mediator between us and God the Father,,,,we do not need anyone else to help us interceed,,,Jesus is the only Intercessor! That is so awesome! why would we want anything or anyone else? Jesus is the best!

This is my feel on this too. I am Penticostal. All we need to do is ask it in Jesus' name and it will be given. :clapping:

No you are not disrespectful. If you put worship and editited your post, that was because you respected us Catholics. My other post saying my Faith was attacked was nothing to do with you either.

Thankyou for saying that! I really respect Catholics cos as I said, my Dad's family is still catholic to this day. My Dad loves that he was raised a Catholic. He says it was a great foundation for him and he learnt a lot from the bible! I think that's great!

I want to ask you peeps - I'm curious ... do you believe the theory of evolution is incompatible with Christianity? They don't have to be in conflict. That is the position of the Catholic church anyway. The church is not ignorant to science. I'm not 100% sure of the stance but I think that Pope John Paul II accepted the possibility of evolution as guided by God for the creation of the human body..but not a materialistic explanation for the human soul.

Evolution completely goes against everything in the bible. It is the opposite of creation and creation is what I believe in. I think some animals etc evolve with the conditions, but people were never monkeys! :doh:

sorry Earthsong, us Pentecostals tend to be vocal in our beliefs,,,,,,,,

Indeed we do! lol It's good to be passionate in what you believe in.

yes acceptance is the not the same as having a genuine personal relationship with God and being filled up with the Holy Spirit it is quite different i was Catholic for 35 years of my life and now i am alsmost 50 and what i have now in Christ is so differnt then what i grew up with

don;t get my wrong, the Catholic church gave me a good foundation to build upon, my belief in Jesus but now i know God more closer and better! and i can worship intensely with all my heart!

I have to disagree with you slightly there. If a Catholic has accepted Jesus to be their lord and saviour and truly believes in their heart that He died for their sins, then they are saved by grace through faith. No less than a Penticostal.

The great thing about being Penticostal for me is the Holy Spirit. We experience what the Apolstles did on the day of penticost. Moving in the Spirit. Knowing that we have power in the name of Jesus! Jesus told us that if we have faith only as big as a mustard seed, we can speak to a mountain and tell it to move! How awesome is that!

well the christian denomination differs in the way that Catholics have Jesus on the cross...if you see a christian wearing a cross...Jesus has been taken off the cross..I hope this is what you are asking...we are baptisted when we are old enough to understand WHY we are excepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior....as a baby you dont really understand the why part....so they dont really except the one time baptism as a baby

I was baptised at 7 years old. It was important in my Church that the person being baptised understood what it symbolised. Much like Jesus was baptised as an adult by John the baptist. It is the washing away of old things and becoming a brand new person in the Lord.

Re the crusifix vs empty cross, my Pastor used to talk about that too. For me it's personal choice. If you want to wear a crusifix, fine. You can remember all that Jesus went through for you. The Passion! If you want to wear an empty cross, also fine. You can remember that he died for our sins and then ROSE again and is now seated at the Right Hand of the Father in heaven!

That's cool too!! I wear both.

Same. As I mentioned above, I like to recognise both the crusifixion itself, but also that He rose again so I wear both types.

Anyway, we are all believers here. No matter what denomination we are, let's be unifed in the Lord. We have all accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. I don't like to see Christians debating. We need to be unified and show the world how great it is to know Jesus!! :yes: Live the way He did and love as we have been commended to do! :better:

Kes, you are so right. Let's stick together folks!!

Night all!!

Love ya'll!! Talk to you all later!! I think all of us should add each other to their friends list, though most of you are on mine already!!

Blessed be the name of Jesus!!

thank you for making this thread earthy..it means alot and we needed it :hug:

"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:9-10

"And Jesus said unto them ... , "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to younder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you." Romans 1:17

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear ... " 1 John 4:18

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

The LORD gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: "Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you."Deuteronomy 31:23

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Then you will have success if you are careful to observe the decrees and laws that the LORD gave Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged.
1 Chronicles 22:13

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened." 1 Peter 3:14

Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it."
Ezra 10:4

Immediately he spoke to them and said, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed,
Mark 6:51

Will your courage endure or your hands be strong in the day I deal with you? I the LORD have spoken, and I will do it. The Effects Your Courage Will Have On Others. Ezekiel 22:14

... say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you." Isaiah 35:4

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." Psalm 23

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10

"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
Psalm 16:5-8

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn." Psalm 18:32-36

"Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD."
Psalm 25:4-7

"One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." Psalm 27:4-5

"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one. Save your people and bless your inheritance; be their shepherd and carry them forever." Psalm 28:7-9

thanks for posting those :)

I am praying for Michael and for all the sick children in the world, and all of our lost loved ones... May God be taking good care of them :yes: :pray:

Any of you write religous poetry in honor of our Lord? I do!! I love it and it's very good for the soul to do. Let me know if you do, and we can share poems.

Love ya'll,

Earthy

thank you for making this thread earthy..it means alot and we needed it :hug:

Completely agree, MJstarlight. We all need this thread. It's great to be able to share the faith because as we know....all of us humans were made in His image and we all have a hunger in our hearts to be close to Him as was intended. But unfortunately, many people disregard that hunger and turn it into things like anger, etc. It's great to be able communicate with you all about the truth of the gospel of Jesus.

It's peaceful to KNOW the truth. It calms the heart in the midst of all the crap we go through on a daily basis in our personal lives. The truth of God and the salvation through Jesus helps guide us through the chaos of the world through the turmoil of war and collapsing financial systems.

The fact is....no matter what may happen around us......our faith in God can keep us strong.

Faith in God, through the Messiah, THE Lord and Savior Jesus Christ brings real peace and re-assurance to the human soul as we struggle through today's increasingly wicked world. Sorry if I offend anybody by using the word wicked, but that's in reality what's happening. The world has been becoming more callous, more rude, more immoral, less about what means most like family and respect and love and caring for one another. These days, selfishness rules. That's real talk.

But even though all that may be happening around us....listen up......this is important......

:)
We have Jesus. He *WAS*, He *IS*, and He always *WILL BE FOREVER AND EVER!!!*
:D

^^ Totally agree with you, brother Dave!! You are awesome, and I am so glad that you are my brother in Christ. If we never meet personally in this life, we will in the next.

Hugs man!!

Earthy

BTW: How are you feeling? How is your family??

thanks for posting those :)

I am praying for Michael and for all the sick children in the world, and all of our lost loved ones... May God be taking good care of them :yes: :pray:

Glad you like those, Shay!! And thank you so much for telling me that this thread helps you. (You too, Dave)

I love you guys!!

night everyone Im going to sleep. I love you all :hug:

cookiejar.gif

^^ Totally agree with you, brother Dave!! You are awesome, and I am so glad that you are my brother in Christ. If we never meet personally in this life, we will in the next.

Hugs man!!

Earthy

BTW: How are you feeling? How is your family??

And I'm glad to know you are my sister in Christ as well, Earthy. :)

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will meet you in Heaven one day because of the salvation God has given us through Jesus Christ.

Thanks for asking. I'm good overall. I have bronchitis right now, but I'm almost over it. Last night I went to the hospital for it and they pumped me full of medicine so I wasn't typing too well lol....but I'm okay now I think.

My family's doing great....although my wife also has severe bronchitis....but she's getting better too. :) The oldest of my two babies (my 9 year old daughter lol) is doing good in school....plus she's looking forward to going with her Daddy to the Halloween showing of "This Is It" at a local theater.

And my younger baby (5 years old...not a baby, but she'll always be my baby just like her big sis) is also doing great. She's a livewire and reminds me of what I was like at her age. And on top of that, she even looks like me. Big sis looks and acts like her Mom while little sis looks and acts like me lol I love my babies so much. :)

Your post made me smile, Dave. Thank you!!

Glad everyone is doing well.

I remember all too well a few years ago when I had what you had, and I would not wish that on anyone. I thought I would never stop coughing, and one day, when I wasn't paying any attention, I was like, hey, I stopped. LOL!

I would go see This Is It, but I wil be out of town until Halloween at least.

Hugs, brother Dave and to your family too!!

To Michelle, yes the saints were once alive and believed in God but they are alive no longer and can no lnger pray for us,,,once the spirit leaves the body it has no fither contact with Earth until the Lords coming....Jesus is the only one who has that power! He is awesome!

I have to apologize for my post on Catholic baptis, yes thhere are Catholic whjo have genuinely accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior and they are saved \guess cause i have not seen much of that around e i tend to doubt it but i do apologize to any Catholics who are genuinely saved! God is Great is He not?

Yes. I always thought evolution theory was at odds with what we are taught as Christians/Catholics.

If we evolved from monkeys why do monkeys still exist..?!!

Catholicism and evolution - humans are regarded as a "special creation", and that the existence of God is required to explain the spiritual component of human origins.

From the an article in the Catholic Herald -

Cardinal William Levada, head of the Vatican's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith-
"We believe that however creation has come about and evolved, ultimately God is the creator of all things," he said.
He said that while the Vatican did not exclude any area of science, it did reject as "absurd" the atheist notion of biologist and author Richard Dawkins and others that evolution proves there is no God.
"Of course we think that's absurd and not at all proven," he said. "But other than that ... the Vatican has recognized that it doesn't stand in the way of scientific realities."

The Vatican has rejected the claim by Richard Dawkins, the biologist and campaigning atheist, that evolutionary theory proves that God does not exist, proclaiming that on the contrary Darwinian evolution and the account of Creation in Genesis are "perfectly compatible".
At a five day conference held to mark the 150th anniversary of Darwin’s On the Origin of Species this week, Vatican theologians said while Christians believed that God "created all things", the Vatican "does not stand in the way of scientific realities".

Biology could not give me a mind to judge the workings of my brain or my emotions. And I could not see how far I fall short of the life of love if biology were my only means of knowing that I should follow the good and avoid the evil. Moreover, such faculties are not susceptible to evolution.

For instance, one either has free will or one has not: there is no halfway house.

hmmmmmmmmm ?

Evolution completely goes against everything in the bible. It is the opposite of creation and creation is what I believe in. I think some animals etc evolve with the conditions, but people were never monkeys! :doh:

mary what do you mean about Catholics being saved? Catholics are Christian. Jesus is our Lord God. He died for us. Catholics accept Jesus Christ as their Lord, as the Son of God [in accordance with the Holy Trinity], and as the Savior. The Lord God is the head of the Catholic Church..

Heres an old Catholic hymn -

Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all

Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all!
How can I love Thee as I ought?
And how revere this wondrous gift,
So far surpassing hope or thought?

Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore!
Oh, make us love Thee more and more.

2. Had I but Mary's sinless heart
With which to love Thee, dearest King,
Oh, with what ever fervent praise,
Thy goodness, Jesus, would I sing!

3. Thy Body, Soul and Godhead, all!
O mystery of love divine!
I cannot compass all I have,
For all Thou hast and art is mine!

4. Sound, then, His praises higher still,
And come, ye angels, to our aid;
For this is God, the very God
Who hath both men and angels made!

Yes that is what i meant , i did not mean to say what i said before, growing up i have never meet many Catholics who were really genuine in their faith most of the Catholics i knew were still continuing in their sins but just coming to chiurch out of routine

so i do apoogize for that statement i was one of those Catholics who were not really saved but i am now!

Oh right! I understand now. :)

mary what do you mean about Catholics being saved? Catholics are Christian. Jesus is our Lord God. He died for us. Catholics accept Jesus Christ as their Lord, as the Son of God [in accordance with the Holy Trinity], and as the Savior. The Lord God is the head of the Catholic Church..

Heres an old Catholic hymn -

Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all

Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all!
How can I love Thee as I ought?
And how revere this wondrous gift,
So far surpassing hope or thought?

Sweet Sacrament, we Thee adore!

2. Had I but Mary's sinless heart
With which to love Thee, dearest King,
Oh, with what ever fervent praise,
Thy goodness, Jesus, would I sing!

3. Thy Body, Soul and Godhead, all!
O mystery of love divine!
I cannot compass all I have,
For all Thou hast and art is mine!

4. Sound, then, His praises higher still,
And come, ye angels, to our aid;
For this is God, the very God
Who hath both men and angels made!

Hi Rockin,
I love the song you have posted. But as you know as a Catholic there are things that are precious to us that other Christian denominations don't believe in, like the Real Presence. And I know for me, that is a precious thing, knowing Jesus is truly present in the Blessed Sacrament consecrated by those in union with the Pope(meaning the host and the wine being consecrated by those in union with the Pope), so therefore, I am very sensitive to someone bashing the belief of the Real Presence, Mary, etc, since Mary was/is the mother of Christ. Maybe you're not as sensitive to me and jump to conclusions like I do, so I am probably alone in saying that this is becoming a thread that bashes Catholics.
Earthy, I KNOW this was NOT your intention, so my last sentence was not meant toward you. You can't help what other posters say in their post, and I am not in the least bit upset with you. However, it does seem that some have bashed the Church and us Catholics.
We accept Christ as our Lord and Savior. JWs and Mormons don't, so why is everyone talking about the Catholic Church???
I can say what my husband has told me he learnt as a Baptist, but I'm not going to stoop that low. I only hope he's wrong, but he was a Baptist(now he's Catholic-his OWN choice), and he is quite sure what he grew up learning. I've asked him more than once if he was sure, and he is sure he grew up learning this. But that's not what Christ says. Sorry again, I'm not stooping so low as to come across as bashing anyone. I just wrote this out for those who don't see it possible for Catholics to be saved or have a problem with some things we as Catholics do.

To whoever said that many Catholics do things out of routine instead of salvation. None of us Catholics are perfect, but neither is anyone else from any other denomination. Some from other denominations may do things like going to services out of routine too, can they not??

yes they do, i am speaking from my own personal reflection. i se the difference in my relationship with God since becoming born again,,,,
i do not wish to offend anyone it is just persoanl thoughts..

Oh right! I understand now. :)

Hey Rockin,
I just want to let you know that one of your posts that you put up in here is at the same link I just told Earthy about. Like I said they're talking about this thread and us. Just go to that link, and it may not be on the first page. Your post that this person who comes here to get a rise out of us quoted may be on the second page or somewhere.

I didn't know it took more than one thread for athiests to post to each other.

Back