Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here?

I don't believe the bible is filled with stories, it is filled with the truth, and it's God's word. Believing in Jesus and worshipping him has more to do with being nice to others and how he was a caring man. He suffered horrible torment before His death. Was nailed to a cross, died and rose again 3 days later to save me and others from sin. That is not a story to me, it is a fact! No one else went through all of that for me, but Jesus did! He died for me, and he died for you.

Reminder, this is a thread for Christ and His believers. Believe what we believe in to take part in the discussion. I for one, don't like to hear how he was a fairytale, or how the bible is filled with stories. To us, Bible is facts! And so was HE!!

WONDERFUL post, Earth Song!!
:)

Yes, I understand what you are saying. I just ment that you can read the Bible literally or metaphorically... and New Testament it is written 'in stories' from literary point of view. Anyway, I posted in a casual, kind of funny manner, but I ment it with respect. Have a nice evening :waving:

You have a good one, too.

I'm excited to go to church tomorrow and see everyone. They all ask about me all the time, and they love me, and I love them. God has blessed me with a wonderful church family!!!

I'm excited to go to church tomorrow and see everyone. They all ask about me all the time, and they love me, and I love them. God has blessed me with a wonderful church family!!!

ENJOY!!!

I used to have a great church family until a lot of them betrayed me. Soured me on going to church!!! I worship at home and here with you all!!!

Love you guys!

Well, since it's Sunday now, Happy Sunday!!! Praise the Lord!

I'll be back with some Bible verses! I need to find some good ones!

I am glad I am in good company in this thread.

"Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."

Isaiah 41:10

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24 New International Version

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 New King James Version

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. Proverbs 17:17 New International Version

My pastor has an amazing story. He's from my town originally and was brought up in a Christian home, but then became a professional wrestler. He got into drugs and alcohol and it ruined his marriage. He then decided to leave pro wrestling because he realized what it was doing to him -- a wake-up call of sorts. He then was a country music promoter and turned down Alabama - I don't know what he was thinking! And then he and his wife (he remarried and had a son with her) had a TV station. Well, this church wanted them to tape services and show them on TV. Well, one day he was sitting in the back and had this nagging. He eventually let Jesus into his heart and went to seminary to become a pastor. His story is amazing whenever he tells it!

My pastor has also done prison ministry at a women's prison -- he has some great stories to tell about that!

We also had an amazing story within our church about 3 or 4 years ago.

A man, whose son I had gone to school with, had JUST gotten out of jail on Father's Day and walked across the street to our church. He had been a drug addict and an alcoholic. He was clean and sober but is a convicted felon. After that, he became a regular attender of my church. About a year or so passed, I'm not sure how long, and he joined our church and said that Jesus was his Lord and Savior. He's gone on 3 mission trips (he's a great addition because he does carpentry work, drywalling, etc.), is helping get a soup kitchen started in our town and it's almost done, and so much more! He's a great addition to our church and a great friend!

My husband used to play the drums in the praise band, but like I said, we had a fallout with people there. People spreading our business all over. We just decided to worship at home, in private and we can't be betrayed.

It's a shame that some churches are like that. We have our share of negative things going on, but it's with committees usually or people who complain about something that they don't like to our pastor. BUT, overall, we are a very welcoming church and people have said that they can feel Christ at work in our church.

It's a shame that some churches are like that. We have our share of negative things going on, but it's with committees usually or people who complain about something that they don't like to our pastor. BUT, overall, we are a very welcoming church and people have said that they can feel Christ at work in our church.

I am glad you're church is like that! :)

Just Think

By Roy Lessin

You're here not by chance,
but by God's choosing.

His hand formed you
and made you the person you are.

He compares you to no one else.
You are one of a kind.

You lack nothing
that His grace can't give you.

He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history

to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation.

Be Assured
That regardless
Of where you are,
What you are doing,
Or what you
Are going through…
In all things,
In all ways,
God is doing the most loving thing
Concerning you.

He love you so much
And I thank him
So much for you

^ Thanks for that, Earth Song :huggy:

You're welcome, theone!! I actually bought that on a nice card at the Christian bookstore, but I can't find it now.

How was everyone's Sunday? I packed for an upcoming move and now I am relaxing.

I didnt know where else to post this _
I just want to be near my faithful friends who believe
In Jesus and a better life for the faithful with him in heaven.
You support has meant so much to me ..

My Sister Christine Passed away today from cancer. I spent this morning with her holding her hand and singing to her about Jesus & heaven. I want to thank YOU my friends for your support and prayers over the last few weeks. It meant so much to me and gave me strength. Please know how much I love and appreciate all of you and continue to keep my family and myself in Your prayers at this time _ I Love you, Mickie

I didnt know where else to post this _
I just want to be near my faithful friends who believe
In Jesus and a better life for the faithful with him in heaven.
You support has meant so much to me ..

My Sister Christine Passed away today from cancer. I spent this morning with her holding her hand and singing to her about Jesus & heaven. I want to thank YOU my friends for your support and prayers over the last few weeks. It meant so much to me and gave me strength. Please know how much I love and appreciate all of you and continue to keep my family and myself in Your prayers at this time _ I Love you, Mickie

AWWW Mickie, I am so sorry, and yes, you posted this in the right place. HUGS!! Do you have a facebook?? If not, PM me and get my email!!!

Love ya!! and will be praying for you all!!!

We went and visited my 103-year-old (104 next month) great-great aunt at her house. It was great to see her and I am so blessed to have her in my life.

Prayers and hugs to you, Qbee!

Back