Christian Members

Re: Any Believers in Jesus Christ Here? (Non-debate thread for believers only)

Polite question -

Doesn't one have to believe in the Trinity to be considered a technical Christian? That is, Jesus being the Son of God - God Incarnate? Also, believe in the Resurrection and hell?

I've heard that Jehovah Witnesses do not believe in the Trinity or Resurrection or hell - but this isn't NOTHING against them as a PEOPLE, I'm just trying to clear up doctrinal stuff.

please don't kill me:) I'm just wondering if you guys think that you have to believe in all these 3 things to be a technical Christian. (that is, you can still believe in those things and be Christian "in name only" but God knows our hearts and knows whether or not we're really living up to the Lord, Christian or not).

not my intent to offend or disrupt the harmony of this thread:)

Polite question -

Doesn't one have to believe in the Trinity to be considered a technical Christian? That is, Jesus being the Son of God - God Incarnate? Also, believe in the Resurrection and hell?

I've heard that Jehovah Witnesses do not believe in the Trinity or Resurrection or hell - but this isn't NOTHING against them as a PEOPLE, I'm just trying to clear up doctrinal stuff.

please don't kill me:) I'm just wondering if you guys think that you have to believe in all these 3 things to be a technical Christian. (that is, you can still believe in those things and be Christian "in name only" but God knows our hearts and knows whether or not we're really living up to the Lord, Christian or not).

not my intent to offend or disrupt the harmony of this thread:)

Yes, believing in the Holy Trinity is what defines the technical Christian, and believing in Jesus' as a half-man, half God (the Son of God), His second return. And... not believing a hell exists... And Not believing that Jesus was Crucified literally, meaning on a Cross: the most powerful Christian symbol, the most sacred and representative of Jesus' sacrifice for humanity.... This is just one of the elements which makes some religious cults that separational, in this case, the JW's, that need to modify the truth, the teachings by how they perceive it, and that is a sad thing. Because it goes back a long way, this stemming from a certain rebellion against the Roman Catholic bloody events, the medieval crusades and witch hunts and the tortures and burnings of heretics.... When it was supposed to be an example of morality and of respecting the Commandments, instead they killed a lot, they were beasts that didn't have the right to take one's life, an unforgivable sin. And I can understand that rebellion, I do. But it doesn't justify the need to create or engage in religious cults that deviate from the truth and write books that counter the Bible teachings or alter some of them because of that. Fanaticisms on both sides can be irrational and dangerous, but... creating the God you perceive, be it Jehovah, or Allah, it's... I don't know... It doesn't make it the true One and it is a deceptive thing... and this kills me...

I don't know, for instance, whether Michael believed in the Holy Trinity, I don't know if he still believed there isn't a hell... I don't know whether he was baptized or christened ever in his life, if he became a born-again Christian, or was a wanderer all his life, and kept holding unto the JW and their God and teachings, however similar some are to the actual Christian religions, be they Catholic or Orthodox... but it's not the same....

I've been saying this before, and it is an invasion of privacy in his case... But it's so extremely important, because it determines your afterlife, and I worry about many of the ones who depart from this one, esp in Michael's case, as he's no longer here, and knowing just how wonderful and kind and forgiving and loving he was... It's killing me inside wondering where he is now/where he will be, because I know what Christianity expects from the people and what it preaches about, and although he was so very much in tune with the Christian teachings, if you're not a born-again Christian, if you don't confess your sins to the priest in the church, God's servant, if you don't receive the Holy Eucharist (Jesus' body and blood through sanctified bread and blood...), if you don't attend Sunday's Christian service, they're specifically saying, close to every Sunday, how those people won't see the Kingdom of God.... Especially, if you're not a born-again Christian, being christened with the holy water, symbol of the Jordan...

I hope people don't take offense in the above... A question was asked, and I tried to answer it as simplistically as possible.. then add some of my recurrent worries and fears... and hoping to get some alleviance after putting them down, I don't know....

Applies to above posts:
I have heard, and read somewhere in the Bible (can't find the passage) that when the dead are judged, Jews and others who don't know Jesus as the Messiah (those who have never heard the Word of the Lord, possibly JWs, anyone) will enter into Heaven if they declare Jesus as Lord. Those who don't know Him will be given the opportunity to declare, from what I understand. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong or if someone can find the passage before I can.

Applies to above posts:
I have heard, and read somewhere in the Bible (can't find the passage) that when the dead are judged, Jews and others who don't know Jesus as the Messiah (those who have never heard the Word of the Lord, possibly JWs, anyone) will enter into Heaven if they declare Jesus as Lord. Those who don't know Him will be given the opportunity to declare, from what I understand. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong or if someone can find the passage before I can.

Oh, I hope.

MJJ...There is a passage in Romans thats states we will be judged by what we know, I will find it for you if you like, but I cant do it right now.

To Alma, Micheal showed evidence of being saved through Andrea Crouch. He went and saw him asking specific questions just a few weeks before he died. He did some other things as well that showed he may have sensed his death was near. I read it here somewhere on MJJC ages ago, I will also try and look for it when I have time unless someone else can find it for me that would be great Thanks. :).

MJJ...There is a passage in Romans thats states we will be judged by what we know, I will find it for you if you like, but I cant do it right now.

To Alma, Micheal showed evidence of being saved through Andrea Crouch. He went and saw him asking specific questions just a few weeks before he died. He did some other things as well that showed he may have sensed his death was near. I read it here somewhere on MJJC ages ago, I will also try and look for it when I have time unless someone else can find it for me that would be great Thanks. :).

Thank you so much, Miche, whenever you can...

This is a topic that sincerely... can torture one. Because it is truly the most important thing to be concerned of. ..

Thanks again..

Dont worry Alma, God wont lose any of His beloved ones. He sees our hearts.

Here is some reading for you...

specific scripture in comparison... http://bible.cc/romans/2-15.htm

And when you click on the tab thats says "context' here is the reading here ..

http://bible.cc/romans/2-15.htm

You may like to find the whole paragraph to study as well as read the other tabs, on this verse. I havent read it all, but am confident in the specific scripture, as was explained to me long ago, to cover for ones we may think in our limited understanding, as lost.

Hope this helps.

I will try and find the other info on Michael with Andrea Crouch later...

Cheerio for now :)

I truly feel in my heart that Michael is in Heaven....I have peace with that. That is the only thing about his death that I do have peace with.

Dont worry Alma, God wont lose any of His beloved ones. He sees our hearts.

Here is some reading for you...

specific scripture in comparison... http://bible.cc/romans/2-15.htm

And when you click on the tab thats says "context' here is the reading here ..

http://bible.cc/romans/2-15.htm

You may like to find the whole paragraph to study as well as read the other tabs, on this verse. I havent read it all, but am confident in the specific scripture, as was explained to me long ago, to cover for ones we may think in our limited understanding, as lost.

Hope this helps.

I will try and find the other info on Michael with Andrea Crouch later...

Cheerio for now :)

Thank you so much, Miche. Will check it out as soon as I'm more available. Thanks again...

I used to believe in Jehovah, and if I had to choose a religion, I'd choose Jehovah's witnessess. I used to go to meetings, and read 'the watchtower' before I went to sleep. It gave me comfurt and safety in a way. But as I got older, it just didn't feel right anymore. I started to question things, and wanted out, so I left :)

But I have great memories from being a Jehovah's witness, and they are truly good people. God bless them. :)

I don't belive in any God at this point, but I do believe in spiritual things, like hunted places or ghosts, but that's a different story!.

But that is a thread devoted to the believers (in Christ). ...

Thank you, Miche... That was nice to hear. Unfortunately, I can't access the second link, but I've googled it and found it.

There was an interview with Pastor Lucious at some point talking about Michael's Christian beliefs, but I can't find it, haven't heard it before, only heard from it... It was on a talk show, he was the one who said the closing prayer for Michael at the memorial service. ..

--Sorry for derailing this thread a bit, although I hope am not doing that. .. It's something important for some's peace of mind, esp due to Michael's passing (this forum being dedicated to him). It'll be back to normal soon. ...

I miss Shabuya and her posts, though..

Hey everybody I just want to inform you that the Dream Center is a non profit ministry that is located in poverty cities her in america and around the world that helps and house those who are homeless, young girls who families sold them to human trafficking, those battling with drug and alchol addiction , and those who are in gangs, 2,000 meals are serve to over 700 people living in the dream center but they need help with funds for supplies such as clothing, food, and other things to take care, and with the kindess of our hearts wouldn't be great to make a difference to donate to keep this insitution alive even if donating 1 dollar, 5, or more just to help keep those on the right track
you can find information on this site to donate
http://www.dreamcenter.org/

here's the video about the dream center

Thank you, Miche... That was nice to hear. Unfortunately, I can't access the second link, but I've googled it and found it.

There was an interview with Pastor Lucious at some point talking about Michael's Christian beliefs, but I can't find it, haven't heard it before, only heard from it... It was on a talk show, he was the one who said the closing prayer for Michael at the memorial service. ..

--Sorry for derailing this thread a bit, although I hope am not doing that. .. It's something important for some's peace of mind, esp due to Michael's passing (this forum being dedicated to him). It'll be back to normal soon. ...

Ive edited the link now so it works. I seem to have trouble putting up you tube and links now so that you can see the opening page of them.

I used to be able to do it, but cant anymore.. and Im not sure why this is happening or what I am now doing wrong?

I dont think it is derailing the thread really, talking about him and his faith is it? But Im new to this thread so I havent been following it.

I used to believe in Jehovah, and if I had to choose a religion, I'd choose Jehovah's witnessess. I used to go to meetings, and read 'the watchtower' before I went to sleep. It gave me comfurt and safety in a way. But as I got older, it just didn't feel right anymore. I started to question things, and wanted out, so I left :)

But I have great memories from being a Jehovah's witness, and they are truly good people. God bless them. :)

I don't belive in any God at this point, but I do believe in spiritual things, like hunted places or ghosts, but that's a different story!.

I kindly ask you to read the title of this thread honey, if you don't mind.
Thank you.:D

I truly feel in my heart that Michael is in Heaven....I have peace with that. That is the only thing about his death that I do have peace with.

Oh how sweet. May him rest in peace. He had a child's heart which God loves.:angel:

-----------------
Don't you guys think the whole MJJC is getting wild and full of sarcasm these days? I feel really uncomfortable to be here sometimes, so I don't come often.

Some fans just think about themselves, IMO. I know they are angry sometimes upset, but there are still some fans want to relax here. It's kinda natural they feel empty or even upset because he is no longer with us, but we should be united to keep his legacy alive, even though he's gone...

Posting negative things keep us down... whether the posters realize it or not.
It's like there are some constant downers here....
I think one day they will realize it and stop it, or they will leave this community.

This thread is full of love and care. :angel: Thank you for posting positive and lovely messages here. Thank you all.

dangerous2000watts that's so true. I understand you. I think everyone will calm down soon and clearer heads will prevail.

Me too Alma. :(

dangerous2000watts that's so true. I understand you. I think everyone will calm down soon and clearer heads will prevail.

Me too Alma. :(
I hope this is the case too....I know God will see us all through this upcoming trial...Jesus is always there for those that open their heart to him....he hears our prayers. Thank you Jesus.

I hope this is the case too....I know God will see us all through this upcoming trial...Jesus is always there for those that open their heart to him....he hears our prayers. Thank you Jesus.

:hug:

hi all, didn't want to make a new thread about my problem.. but guess I need to tell this..
this is the right place I guess..

I have been a believer since day 1 on this earth.
I feel I have a mission to accomplish..
there are some certain things though, I don't feel comfortable about it..

okay, let me tell you about it..
since 25 june 2010, a little miracle happened..
I received a beautiful lady that I alwayswanted..
I think she's an angel and that my mission is to protect her and help other people those who don't are as rich as we are..

ok, so that's cool right?
but lately I have been having breathing problems.. really scary..
so why the breathing problems? I do have a mission I want to accomplish..

I also get visits in my dream..
I as somebody who protects the good from evil power..
getting power from God.. the light to ban all evil..
are there signs? am I on the good path?

oh and I have always been lucky about escaping big trouble..
and I mean where I could have been injured.. perhaps maybe been killed..
today I was lucky.. I was on the highway.. driving about 80 mph.. and there I escaped again a possible accident..

so maybe someone can tell me here..
am I on the right path? is He blessing me? do I need to call a doc about my breathing problems..

sorry this might sounds idiot.. all of this.. but that's how I experience all of this..

God bless you all..

Stopping in to say hello! I haven't been on here in a while, I know.
I celebrated my 20th birthday on the 8th of February, my great-uncle who had cancer died on the 17th, and my great-great aunt who was 105 died on the 23rd. I am honored to read the 23rd Psalm at her funeral this weekend.

I have started a Bible study with a good friend of mine that I swing dance with - we are studying Luke and I find it so awesome to talk with someone my age about the Bible. :D

I hope you all are doing well!!

Stopping in to say hello! I haven't been on here in a while, I know.
I celebrated my 20th birthday on the 8th of February, my great-uncle who had cancer died on the 17th, and my great-great aunt who was 105 died on the 23rd. I am honored to read the 23rd Psalm at her funeral this weekend.

I have started a Bible study with a good friend of mine that I swing dance with - we are studying Luke and I find it so awesome to talk with someone my age about the Bible. :D

I hope you all are doing well!!

I'm so sorry for your losses :( I'm glad you're doing well. Happy belated birthday and bible study is great! :)

http://www.christianpost.com/news/reagans-son-urges-prayers-for-obama-49222/
Reagan's Son Urges Prayers for Obama
Michael Reagan, a political consultant and commentator, urged Americans to pray for their president regardless of political differences.

“It's easy to pray for your friends. It's hard to pray for your political opponents,” wrote the son of former U.S. President Ronald Reagan in a commentary for Fox News. “But that's just what Jesus tells us to do: Love your enemies and pray for them. We disobey our own Scriptures if we don't pray for our political opponents.”

Reagan reminded Christians to put public interest before personal favoritism, especially when presenting their opinions.

“We need to keep our dialogue focused on issues, not personalities,” he urged. “Yes, we still oppose and expose the harm our opponents are doing to our country. I want to critique my opponents without hating them.”

Referring to 1 Timothy 2:2 – where apostle Paul asked believers to pray "for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives" – Reagan urged Christians to pray for President Obama even though they may not share his political view.

In the light of the unrest in Egypt amongst other nations in the Muslim world, Obama is now facing enormous challenges around the globe, Reagan pointed out.

“I pray for President Obama, while I oppose his agenda,” he wrote. "In fact, our prayers have never been more urgently needed than right now."

Reagan later noted the day his father placed a hand upon the Bible belonging to his late grandmother Nelle and took the oath of office.

The younger Reagan concluded that during his father’s eight-year term in the Oval Office, America had seen significant development, "because Ronald Reagan [had] dedicated his presidency to God - and because God's people prayed for their president."

MJJC has really got out of control the such as The Jackson Family forum. I said some things I'm not proud of so pray that I have some peace.

I just wish people would have more respect for each other opinions and stuff like that.

Everyone is going against each other....

MJJC has really got out of control the such as The Jackson Family forum. I said some things I'm not proud of so pray that I have some peace.

I understand feeling this way. So, will do.. There are quite a few actively venomous people out there that maybe you should ignore too.. Hard to do, but for your peace of mind, it's a must do..

Back